It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Going to Bratislava, and future wifey is Awesome  (Read 2526 times)

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Going to Bratislava, and future wifey is Awesome
« on: October 19, 2018, 08:06:10 PM »
I'm starting this topic to continue the posts I made in the Wizz Air topic, and not derail it.

I am heading to Bratislava in Nov with my future wifey.  I will first meet her in Ukraine, then we'll take Wizz Air to Bratislava to spend a week there.

I rented a place on Airbnb, in the pedestrian section of town (just past Michael's Tower/Gate).  I started some research on things to do there and try to figure out the best way to get to the apartment.

It seems the nearest drop off point via taxi/uber is on Hurbanovo street, at a building named ALIZE.  Using Google street view I mapped the path to the apartment.

While looking at google street view, the Alize building has 2 clubs at ground level - Royal Flush Poker Club and Carat Club.  The poker club seems to be just that - a gambling place that host cash and tournament poker games.  The Carat Club is marked as a Night Club by Google.

I was curious about the Carat Club, so I googled it and found a promo video on youtube (search for Carat Club Bratislava - WARNING, it is not exactly PG, as I found out)

I watched the video for a few seconds and was a bit confused - it seemed to be...a go-go club?  I wasn't sure how to categorize it, and sent the link to future wifey.

After I sent the link, I watched some more of the video and read the description:  a topless dance club.  Uh-oh...

A few minutes later future wifey texted back.... "Lovely dancers" with the ok emoji. 

She is awesome.

Offline SteveInBoston

Re: Going to Bratislava, and future wifey is Awesome
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 08:10:46 PM »
P.S.

The area is odd.  Nearby is an actual night club called Channels, a strip club called Angels, a bank, a pub and an 18th century baroque catholic church.   All within a hundred feet of each other.

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 11:26:40 PM »
Are you there to spend time with the future Mrs SteveinBoston or on a stag do with the lads?

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 07:15:59 AM »
I'm heading there with future wifey.  She's the one who bought the plane tickets.

It was interesting to see those places right at the entrance to the old town.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM