It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Continuing proof of lowlife Russians  (Read 18255 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Continuing proof of lowlife Russians
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 11:10:38 PM »
And there is no propaganda in USA? Or the rest of the west?

All I worry about is the bias of journalists getting in the way when they write their articles. They are free to write without a gun to their head but they're human and try to mold the minds of their readers. The American President is the most criticized person in the world. Depending on his politics he will receive some favorable articles from some news sources but not all.

US economy is where it is because of the major advantage of the US dollar being the worlds reserve currency. But a lot of the affluence comes from borrowed Money from other states. 18 trillion in debt and untold more trillions in liabilities doesn't worry you, Billy?

Most of the top 20 in debt nations are European nations and guess who they are in debt to the most? USA. America owes nations and nations owe us. America has controlling share of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank because we have the most money to loan. The debt America has doesn't scare me as long as everybody else has debt that's owed to America.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Darth_Budda

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 04:14:26 AM »
I have a hard time believing this. Much of their inventory is outdated and it is thought many will fail to even launch. Russian missiles are not known to be very reliable. The Russian 5th generation fighter should have been ready by now as well and they are quite a bit off from reaching that goal.

You do realize Russian Rockets are more advanced than the ones in the USA... That's why our military and NASA  uses them.,..

No, it was an inefficient economy, an abusive system, and complete indifference to the fate of the populace.

I do agree with you about money in the US political system.

I give you this article...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/01/27/the-koch-brothers-dont-care-if-you-care-about-their-plan-to-buy-2016-election/
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline alex330

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2015, 07:11:42 AM »
You do realize Russian Rockets are more advanced than the ones in the USA... That's why our military and NASA  uses them.,..

The reason is cost. We use the Russian RD-180 (which is a very basic liquid oxygen/kerosene rocket) for our launches as they cost a fraction of ours. Another reason we use them is Reagan did not want Russian rockets to fall into the wrong countries hands after the demise of the Soviet Union. When we toured the factories initially they were full of cats. The reason is that all the mice kept chewing through the wiring used for the rockets. We build the final product domestically.

An article on the state of affairs with the program -
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/07/2013788184616912.html
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:13:19 AM by alex330 »

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 07:15:01 AM »
I look forwards to seeing them become just another province of China.  ;)
You won't.   You will already be dead by then if it ever happens.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »
The reason is cost. We use the Russian RD-180 (which is a very basic liquid oxygen/kerosene rocket) for our launches as they cost a fraction of ours. Another reason we use them is Reagan did not want Russian rockets to fall into the wrong countries hands after the demise of the Soviet Union. When we toured the factories initially they were full of cats. The reason is that all the mice kept chewing through the wiring used for the rockets. We build the final product domestically.

An article on the state of affairs with the program -
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/07/2013788184616912.html

I watched a Historical Program on this... The American scientist Said the Russian Rockets are better...
Their Rockets are not Simple....  They also do not Sell their most advanced Rockets...

Russian Rocket technology has always been ahead of the USA....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RD-180

http://in.rbth.com/blogs/2014/11/22/russian_rocket_science_eludes_us_space_programme_39885.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/world/europe/pentagon-seeks-easing-of-ban-on-russian-rockets-for-us-space-missions.html?_r=0

New News...
http://rt.com/usa/270268-falcon-launch-space-fail/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:57:12 AM by Darth_Budda »
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline fathertime

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2015, 07:31:19 AM »
  I think we in the west better focus on producing under fair conditions instead of looting others under the treath of a gun!

This is a good point, that will be lost. 

Fathertime!

Offline alex330

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2015, 08:33:40 AM »
I watched a Historical Program on this... The American scientist Said the Russian Rockets are better...
Their Rockets are not Simple....  They also do not Sell their most advanced Rockets...

Russian Rocket technology has always been ahead of the USA....

Up until the collapse of the Soviet Union you are correct.

"Roscosmos chief Vladimir Popovkin was blunt as to the reasons behind the spate of rocket failures. "There are problems. There is aging of many resources. We need to optimize everything. We need to modernize," said Popovkin during a press conference in Moscow. "It’s also aging of human resources. Given the troubles we had in the ‘90s, quite a lot of people left and nobody came to replace them."

Where do you think those bright young Russian minds went after the collapse? I happen to know someone who worked in HR at JPL...

Offline Muzh

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 11:33:06 AM »

Ahem...

And where do you think those advance Russian rockets get their components to make them so "advance?"

Don't let that dog bite you in the ass.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 11:34:04 AM »
You won't.   You will already be dead by then if it ever happens.

Fathertime!

Is that another of your factual win-win scenario?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline fathertime

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 11:54:03 AM »

Is that another of your factual win-win scenario?

yes an obvious statement of fact...I have a crystal ball.

Fathertime! 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
I have to remind you a couple of  history lessons. West, or let's say forces that were in possesion of large part of West,  had tried to impose their conceptions and bring Russia to the so called  civilized world, Napoleon in 1812 and Hitler in 1941.

You may need a remedial history lesson, Belvis. :)

The Austrians and Prussians formed an alliance (orchestrated by Alexander I, who proved to be a diplomat and strategist extraordinaire) and fought with the Russians during the War of 1812.  Napoleon was attempting to remove all the monarchy in Europe, so one cannot label his idea wholly "Western", given that most of the rest of the "West" in Europe was ruled by monarchs.

In WWII, the Soviets made a pact with the Germans, and even ignored intelligence by its own spy (Richard Sorge) of the imminent Operation Barbarossa.  Soviet generals emphasized the importance of the lend lease programme.  Furthermore, it was not Russians who defeated the Germans.  It was Soviet citizens, of all ethnicities.  This is something Russians today conveniently forget, or at least, choose not to acknowledge in their return to 19th century notions on nationalities.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Belvis

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »
You may need a remedial history lesson, Belvis. :)
I had written a large chunk about Napoleonic wars in russian Wikipedia so don't even try to compete with me in 1812-1814 period. :)
The Austrians and Prussians formed an alliance (orchestrated by Alexander I, who proved to be a diplomat and strategist extraordinaire) and fought with the Russians during the War of 1812.
Austria and Prussia were fighting as a part of Napoleon Grand Army against Russia in 1812, and after  elimination the French army in Russia they have changed the side in 1813. Russia entered the battle in 1812 alone though England helped her with finances.

Furthermore, it was not Russians who defeated the Germans.  It was Soviet citizens, of all ethnicities.  This is something Russians today conveniently forget, or at least, choose not to acknowledge in their return to 19th century notions on nationalities.
Probably you have confused Russians with Ukrainians in this respect. Russian media usually emphasizes the role of Soviet people in defeat of Germans, imperial mindset prefers to give equal rights to all constituents of Empire. As you know Ukrainians leaders consider in a vein of new Ukrainian history that Ukrainians were victims of Russia in WWII, and in fact resist to be among the victors because it can damage  their contemporary nationalistic conceptions.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2015, 01:35:08 PM »
I had written a large chunk about Napoleonic wars in russian Wikipedia so don't even try to compete with me in 1812-1814 period. :)Austria and Prussia were fighting as a part of Napoleon Grand Army against Russia in 1812, and after  elimination the French army in Russia they have changed the side in 1813. Russia entered the battle in 1812 alone though England helped her with finances.

You better tell Dominc Lieven his painstaking research was inaccurate.

Probably you have confused Russians with Ukrainians in this respect. Russian media usually emphasizes the role of Soviet people in defeat of Germans, imperial mindset prefers to give equal rights to all constituents of Empire. As you know Ukrainians leaders consider in a vein of new Ukrainian history that Ukrainians were victims of Russia in WWII, and in fact resist to be among the victors because it can damage  their contemporary nationalistic conceptions.

Is that why Putin failed to mention Ukraine's role in his "Great Patriotic War" speech?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline jone

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »
Hi, JayH! I think it will not be soon. The more sanctions against Russia, the more Russian people love Putin and a growing patriotism of the Russian people. Propoganda very strong. At a picnic, I said, I like the Canadian team that won a professional world hockey championship. My friends accused me of hating Russia. May Mother confident that all countries want to conquer Russia. That's funny. But this is so. Nobody asks "True or not." Everyone is asking, "Are you a patriot of Russia or not?"

When I was in Russia, two months ago, I was asked the question:  "How do you feel about Patriotism?"  I was asked this repeatedly.  I was not uncomfortable with it.   I believe Russians should believe in the Rodina.  My problem is that they associate patriotism with Putinism.   They don't realize that outside of Russia, no one gives a damn about them, or their politics or patriotism. 

However, never one to offend my hosts, I solemnly rubbed Blue Jelly in my Belly Button just like the neighbors were doing and agreed that such was wonderful.   And if anyone can tell me what author came up with the above imagery for describing making good with the locals, you will win this week's Cupie Doll.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »
I look forwards to seeing them become just another province of China.  ;)

And it will happen sooner or later.  I say the chances are 1.5 billion over 140 million.

And to make it even funnier . . . polls show the Russian people think China is one of their friends now.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »

And to make it even funnier . . . polls show the Russian people think China is one of their friends now.

Russians better get use to the junior partner label, they are deluding themselves if they think the Chinese will respect and treat them as equals in an alliance.  :clapping:

Offline fathertime

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2015, 05:27:31 PM »
Russians better get use to the junior partner label, they are deluding themselves if they think the Chinese will respect and treat them as equals in an alliance.  :clapping:

I'm wagering you are dead before Russia becomes a province of China....if ever....Heck, some say WE in the USA are going to be China's Jr partner someday, given our debt issues...I don't believe that either though.

Fathertime!   

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2015, 06:58:44 PM »

I'm wagering you are dead before Russia becomes a province of China....

Help is available for gambling addiction you know...

I just happen to be surfing the internet and I came across this website which you may find helpful.  :)
http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:13:02 PM by sleepycat »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2015, 07:21:11 PM »

I just happen to be surfing the internet and I came across this website which you may find helpful.  :)

I think it is a very safe bet that you are dead before Russia is a province of China...We could make that wager but you probably wouldn't pay because you would already be dead, and I would be too.

Fathertime!   

Offline JayH

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2015, 07:23:25 PM »

Counsellor In Moscow

http://www.familypoint.ru/

http://www.gamblingtherapy.org/counsellor-moscow

While we are at helping our Russian "friends"!!--
we can only hope !!--
Russians Drinking Themselves To Extinction

Russian people have tripled thier consumption of alcohol in spite of declining population. The misery caused by alcohol can be seen in low Men to Women Population ratios, Declining population, Alcohol related deaths and illnesses. Abandoned Children and a surge in congenital birth defects directly related to Alcohol. Including Fetal Alcohol Sydrome. Also a high divorce rate related to alcohol abuse. Will Russians voluntarily wean themselves off the bottle or continue the fall into the hell of the Vodka bottle. It was said that Drinking was the Joy of the Russian but it has turned into the sorrow of the Russian people.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:36:37 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2015, 09:43:46 PM »
On the humanitarian side, let hope huilo isn't financing his military built-up by slashing the funding for liver cirrhosis treatment clinics...

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2015, 02:54:16 AM »
You better tell Dominc Lieven his painstaking research was inaccurate.
I would tell if you show the a quotation from  Dominc Lieven which supported your claim. Though I'm pretty sure you have confused 1813 for 1812, there is no question here for discussion about obvious facts.

Is that why Putin failed to mention Ukraine's role in his "Great Patriotic War" speech?

Well, is it possible that american presidents in their speeches about WWII mention role of Texas or California in the Victory? :)  Specially for you I cite Putin's words in last speech on 9-th May:
За свободу Родной земли боролся весь многонациональный народ. Все несли тяжелейшую ношу войны и все вместе совершили бессмертный подвиг спасения Отечества, определили исход Второй Мировой войны, освободили от нацистов народы Европы. И где бы ни жили сегодня ветераны Великой Отечественной войны, они должны знать, что здесь, в России мы высоко чтим стойкость, мужество и верность фронтовому братству.

Дорогие друзья! Великая Победа навсегда останется героической вехой в истории нашей страны. Но мы помним и о наших союзниках по антигитлеровской коалиции. Благодарны народам Великобритании и Франции, Соединенных Штатов Америки за их вклад в Победу. Благодарны антифашистам разных стран, которые самоотверженно боролись в партизанских отрядах и подполье, в том числе и в самой Германии. Помним историческую встречу союзников на Эльбе, то доверие и единство, которые стали нашим общим наследием.

Offline jone

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2015, 06:47:20 AM »
Yes, Belvis,

I am sure that they would make reference to California or to Texas in their speeches, right after they annexed a portion of their territory into the United States.

(I am noting that if Russia is so excited about the annexation of Krim, then Ukraine cannot be part of the same country.  You do realize how stupid your posturing looks to the rest of the world!)
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline fathertime

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
Yes, Belvis,

(I am noting that if Russia is so excited about the annexation of Krim, then Ukraine cannot be part of the same country. You do realize how stupid your posturing looks to the rest of the world!)

YOU are not qualified to speak for 'the rest of the world'...

Fathertime!   

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2015, 07:24:45 AM »
I hope this Cold War Crazed Generation of Senior Citizen Americans would hurry up and Die off,,,

So the Younger generation can try to solve REAL problems the HUMAN RACE is facing...

One of the Reason the USSR fell in to such economic problems was the Massive expenditure on the military...

The USA will soon face this same Problem...

We can not Fund the Worlds biggest army with Chinese money for a unlimited amount of time....

The money spent on the Military is Money that should be spent on it's people...

Some Americans can see that our country is Rotting away from the inside... Roads and bridges left to rot.... Industry rusting....
Oligarchs throwing boat loads of cash into politics.. Drowning out the voice of Normal Working Class Americans,,,,

I love the tolerant liberal youth who can't wait for me to die.  Nothing speaks of tolerance and overwhelming goodness like wishing the death of others.

And many of the entitled feeling youth of today are the problem.  Not all, just like not all of us old folks either, but many.  Like the bums who live off the government money paid in by old mean cold war crazies like me while making no attempt to support themselves other than holding signs at corners. 

I see these enlightened ones in the malls, hanging at free events everywhere and panhandling on the streets.  They are often vilifying the evil corporate world while texting away on their phone, or blasting the rich for not giving more while they give nothing.  Like cockroaches, I see them as unavoidable, but plentiful and completely useless.  Still I don't fantasize about them dying off.  But I am not as enlightened as you.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1799
Most Online Ever: 12701