It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: anastasiadate.com  (Read 58573 times)

Offline ANTHONY OLIVER

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: anastasiadate.com
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum Anthony,
Thanks Billy,

Good to see and old dog learning new tricks - right?

Cheers mate

Anthony
Thanks for finding the "quote" button in your last post. It makes it easier for readers to follow who you're replying to.

Offline ANTHONY OLIVER

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »
Anthony,
Gator,

Hello to you - whoever you are.

Now, let me do this sequentially:

1. NOPE
2. WELL.....HARD TO SAY! DID I?

OOPS. I am forever breaking things. God damn it!

Will check them out tomorrow and see. If I have - um.....is there some sort of fine?

Cheers

Anthony
 :welcome:

I like your attitude.  Have you seen RWD's Ten Commandments?

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=34

Did you break any commandments?

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2014, 04:36:57 PM »
Anthony,

After hitting the quote link, be sure to type outside the quote.

What I cannot abide, however, is point blank lies. That annoys me no end.

"Point blank lies" bother you, but not subtle deceit?    Example of deceit - pretending to be interested in you, taking you to expensive places where she may get a kickback,...

As you read more about FSUW, you will encounter phrases such as "three date rule," and "you will know when a FSU woman likes you."   These phrases are self-explanatory.  They are valuable guidelines.

And experienced men know to extend their scam antennae when a FSUW writes first, says age is just a number, resides in Odessa, is on a pay-by-the letter site, etc. 

Stay around please.

Offline jone

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2014, 04:44:28 PM »
AO /

Thanks for the warm response.  When you quote something, go below the lowest quote mark to begin typing and then your response will be separated from the quote.  As of now, you are writing in the middle of someone else's quote. 

I agree with Gator.  A site like this can be addictive and provide enough insight to you that you will have no problem finding and wedding the woman of your dreams.  So, please, hang around. 

As a preview, I have put two chapters up today of a summer trip report.  I will not spoil the ending, but you will enjoy it, I can assure you.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2014, 10:51:45 AM »
Hi Muzh,

Good question. I just like the photo.

Is it not nicer to get some visuals along with the story?

The worst lectures are the ones with no slides - right?

Cheers

Anthony

I like you AO.

Thick skin is good.

You don't care what others say so you must be a turtle. I hope. I believe Neil Armstrong, or was it Buzz Aldrin who was or were a turtle. Seriously, this is NOT something derrogatory.

Nope, it was Wally Schirra, but I digress.

Anyway, welcome and listen to some of the guys. They've been "around the block" a couple of times and know the tricks of the trade. They are a wealth of knowledge.

And my apologies for the ribbing. I had you wrong.

Peace.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ANTHONY OLIVER

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2014, 11:20:27 AM »

I like you AO.

Thick skin is good.

You don't care what others say so you must be a turtle. I hope. I believe Neil Armstrong, or was it Buzz Aldrin who was or were a turtle. Seriously, this is NOT something derrogatory.

Nope, it was Wally Schirra, but I digress.

Anyway, welcome and listen to some of the guys. They've been "around the block" a couple of times and know the tricks of the trade. They are a wealth of knowledge.

And my apologies for the ribbing. I had you wrong.

Peace.

Muzh,

I like a bit of ribbing. You know at my age my skin is not only thick, but starting to get a few more wrinkles.

I think I am starting to get the hang of things here. Took me 24 hours!

Yes - I think there are some wise heads here. So I will be listening intently.

Cheers  ;D

Offline Gator

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2014, 04:09:07 PM »
Muzh,

I like a bit of ribbing. You know at my age my skin is not only thick, but starting to get a few more wrinkles.

Perhaps you need to broaden your practice as a maxillofacial surgeon and give yourself a nip and tuck. 

Offline Vinnvinny

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2014, 05:09:17 PM »
Hello ANTHONY OLIVER and WELCOME.

Here’s what I think …

You told us that you had some ‘meaningful tongue kissing’ with this girl on your 4th trip to Odessa to meet her. My extraordinary powers of deduction suggest to me that you had not had sex with this woman. If I am correct then most of the ‘problem’ here is you and even if I’m wrong, my conclusion doesn’t change.

… that’s what I think.  8)

Offline ANTHONY OLIVER

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »
Perhaps you need to broaden your practice as a maxillofacial surgeon and give yourself a nip and tuck.

Hi Gator,

Mate, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. But we are anywhere between 6 and 10 hours ahead of you guys. So I am often sleeping when you are writing....

Yes......I think you may be right. Time for a bit of the old: "sharp cure of the surgeons cold blade."

Might try botox first.

But hang on, did I mention to you that I have been chatting with Tamara from ODESSA (I know, I know........). And she told me that she really loved the little wrinkles around my eyes when I smile. Wasn't that sweet???? She thinks I look very distinguished. I am pretty sure she also said I was handsome.

So perhaps I best leave the "masterpiece" alone for a little while longer.

Cheers buddy

Offline ANTHONY OLIVER

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2014, 11:50:15 AM »
AO /

Thanks for the warm response.  When you quote something, go below the lowest quote mark to begin typing and then your response will be separated from the quote.  As of now, you are writing in the middle of someone else's quote. 

I agree with Gator.  A site like this can be addictive and provide enough insight to you that you will have no problem finding and wedding the woman of your dreams.  So, please, hang around. 

As a preview, I have put two chapters up today of a summer trip report.  I will not spoil the ending, but you will enjoy it, I can assure you.

Hi Jone,

Well....I have enjoyed your summer trip report greatly. I look forward to the  next instalment.

In the interim.....maybe you can help???
I have successfully downloaded images beginning with: IMG and DSC....
But some others seem to fail - "too much memory being used" or some such...
Does not compute....

Anyway...I will begin a small thread of my own today. Vinvinny has given me a very candid assessment of what he feels about my tale. So I will start to share a little more of my adventure. Would be nice to attach some pics of the journey. So let me know what to do. Or anyone else interested in helping a poor old man.

Cheers

Anthony

Offline jone

« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2014, 12:21:33 PM »
Upload your pictures onto a photo website, like photobucket (or even facebook) and then copy the URL.

You can use the little Mona Lisa button in your editing field above and insert the picture URL into the brackets, and, Boom!  There's your picture in your thread. 

Don't worry.  We all had to learn it.  Keep it up!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »
Don't worry.  We all had to learn it.  Keep it up!

Ahem!!

Keep it for the locker room.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ANTHONY OLIVER

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2014, 02:51:42 PM »

Here’s what I think …

You told us that you had some ‘meaningful tongue kissing’ with this girl on your 4th trip to Odessa to meet her. My extraordinary powers of deduction suggest to me that you had not had sex with this woman. If I am correct then most of the ‘problem’ here is you and even if I’m wrong, my conclusion doesn’t change.

Hi VinVinny,

Sorry for the delay in the reply. I am on a different time zone to most of you guys, so it is not indifference just a matter of life (and time zones).

Now....

Absolutely correct - no sex with Olga. My hand, however, remains my constant companion.

I am happy to give you a rundown of my experience with Olga and if you have something further you would like to add - great! I think the idea of the forum is to tell your story and then get feedback. Sometimes, of course, I will not be happy with what I hear. But - so be it. I come seeking knowledge.

So you know about the standard "letter of introduction" that I ( and I guess more that a few others ) received from Olga.

And so began - my journey into hell. Oops - I mean......so began some letter writing and photo exchange. I live in Denmark as you know (I think) - so it is only a short flight for me over to Odessa.
First visit about two months after we started communicating. I don't like to stand around!!!!

Now....this was my maiden voyage. As I think back, I honestly had no real expectations. I was not especially nervous. Just curious. To be honest - I was excited most about the fact I would be soon putting my feet on Ukraine soil, because my dad is Ukrainian - still alive living in Australia. So, I sort of came from there.

I stayed at the Bristol Hotel. Very nice. Recently refurbished. Mattress a bit hard for me. But otherwise happy. Good gym and spa. Food pretty good. The lady who cleaned my room each day had a twinkle in her eye. And I could not help wonder - " Have I ever chatted with you on Anastasia......"

I met Olga for coffee with her translator (Victoria) at the Hotel. The kiss on each cheek thing - and we are off and racing ladies and gentlemen.

Lunch at the Verandah Restaurant. Not too shabby at all!! Off to a fairly rundown museum of (ironically enough) Modern Art. However, wonderful paintings and sculptures. I love the arts. And by the time we had finished I had art coming out of my arse.

Anyway........I think they were trying to tire me out; because......quicker than you could say: "The Odessa Dolphinarium" - that is exactly where I found myself.

I must say - it was cool. Great show. And I love dolphins. They are delicious in sushi!!!

NOTE TO SELF: I LIKE IT HERE IN THE LAND OF MY FATHER'S BIRTH.

Now, dear reader, I am a busy person with my work. I teach and operate at Esbjerg University Hospital here in Denmark. Long days and heavy committments. So I only had Friday and Saturday in Odessa with Olga. Then back on Sunday for work on Monday.

This pattern repeated itself over the next two visits. With a ramping up of our private email communication and photo exchanges. I even started to get some pictures of her with her mum and dad. CHEEPERS CREEPERS!!!!!! This gal is starting to get pretty serious!!!! Right????? Is this a familiar theme guys????? Some of you are smiling - I can feel it.

Anyway. Olga was (and doubtless still is) a lovely woman. In a curious sort of way.

END OF THIRD VISIT: THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO - HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I am with Olga on the morning of my last day before heading home. The discussion took on a serious tone. Olga (through Victoria naturally) indicated to me that she really would like to improve here English to: "Help with our communication." Fair enough thought I. And.......if: "I was willing to help her with this, she would be willing to make the effort for us to get closer" - and that is pretty much verbatim. Once again dear reader, ringing any bells?????

Now........upon my return home I opened my emails and, low and behold, a message from Olga. 

The gist of which was: "I could simply send the money to her via WESTERN UNION......"

UH OH...........WARNING, WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!!!

I had heard about this benign request for assistance, using the friendly folk at Western Union to facilitate the romance.

So I politely declined the generous offer to help improve our communication siting the following as my reason in a return email:

and I quote -

"My dear Olya,

As we both know we are speaking to not only each other here on the site, but to other people also. Although I can feel we are becoming closer, I would not feel comfortable sending you money to help you learn English - in the knowledge that you would potentially be practising with men other than me. I think that sort of financial committment comes when we have both chosen to leave the site to be exclusively with each other."

I thought this was a pretty well measured, reasonable and logical response. I am an educated man. Worldly and well travelled. Generous with my time and money. But not flippant (well.......I will tolerate a small amount of correction on that last point!)

Good golly!! Mercy me!!!!

THE CHAT LINE COLD SHOULDER followed for about two weeks. Which I did not really mind. In fact it told me a little about Olga (who is doubtless a lovely woman) and I said to myself: "Self - you need to find another Olga!"

There are, as you can probably imagine, sooooooooo many interested in meeting me. " I am so handsome and sexy and have such a beautiful smile." Wow.......I had not idea I was so attractive. But it must be true, because I hear it all the time.

And then........the invitations once again begin to flow to chat with ID # 1120199. Those lovely hypnotic dancing hearts, the ruby red lips, the cute little yellow face waving "hello".

And.........so I did. She: "Was really missing me and had been thinking about me a lot." Wow - really???? Cool!!!! Me too darling xxxxx

I am back in the game.....

VISIT NUMBER 4: READY OR NOT - HERE COMES THE BOOM.......

See you shortly. Will try and finish tomorrow.....

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2014, 03:12:34 PM »
If nothing else you are learning how to play the game. Best of luck.

Offline Gator

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2014, 03:19:20 PM »
Anthony,

I wrote earlier:   

As you read more about FSUW, you will encounter phrases such as "three date rule," and "you will know when a FSU woman likes you."   These phrases are self-explanatory.  They are valuable guidelines.

You broke both guidelines. 

First guideline - After three dates most FSUW if interested in you will want sex (the OB-GYNs in the FSU advise women to have lots of sex).

Second guideline - most FSUW when they like you are not coy about expressing their feelings.  They will talk about it, touch you in tender ways, stare deeply into your eyes, etc.

There are exceptions.  However, why would you want a woman who is not into sex and does not express her feelings freely?!

Now a third guideline based on  reading  your last post - avoid women if you have to communicate through an interpreter.  I was on the borderline of breaking this guideline yet pursued her anyway, and years later married the best woman in my long life.  Even with sincere women, the lack of communication is frustrating and impedes progress.  With insincere women, the lack of communication can mask their deceit, even open you to the scam of paying for English lessons.   I commend you for realizing the scam.  But why continue with a woman who eagerly participated in a ploy to get money from you.  It reveals her character, and should make you wonder about what she is capable of in the future?

Other guidelines:  Avoid Anastasiadate.  Avoid women from Odessa.

Offline Dewed

• Opted-Out
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »
Yes, sorry folks. In order to keep the wheels smoothly spinning I have had to limit the number and allowed size of picture uploads..

Regardless , it would likely be best to store all photos etc that you'd like to share via the internet,  where they remain under your control and can be easily removed/altered updated etc.. 

When a photo is uploaded to this sever, it remains on this server, even if you edit it out of your post, or if the entire post is deleted, the file remains and can only be removed by contacting me.

Offline jone

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »
I will buck Gator's advice, but only by a small bit.

True:  The great number of women on ADate are there to take your money.  My next chapter in my trip report will be the meeting of two young ladies who practice, just like Olga, getting guys to come over to Ukraine to make money off them.

However, both of these women indicated to me, when I was in Niko, that since they knew I wasn't there to feed them money, if I would be interested in spending time (wink, wink) with them, either or both of them would be happy to be my friends/companions while I was in Ukraine.  They are women, after all.

AO, you are a handsome guy.  And a surgeon at that!  Every woman with aspirations to leave the motherland would consider you a great catch.  (I can imagine some of the women on this forum wondering how to send you a quick PM, introducing themselves!)

The obvious mistake to an experienced hand at ADate is that you only engage the RECENT additions to the database.  This gal was on there over four years!  She is a pro - and has no desire to link up with you, just to pad her bank account.  The other obvious mistake that you made was that you never attempted to leverage your relationship with her into something other than pay-per-chat.   As long as you were paying her bills, she is happy to spend time with you.....

"Hey, here is my Skype address.  If we are serious, use it.  If not, nice knowing ya!  Adios!"  Now she is not getting paid to talk to you.  If she is serious, she will.  If she is not, you will know.

Gator said something that really rings true.  If an FSU Woman is into you, there will be NO mistaking it.  End of story.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2014, 03:35:57 PM »

I am with Olga on the morning of my last day before heading home. The discussion took on a serious tone. Olga (through Victoria naturally) indicated to me that she really would like to improve here English to: "Help with our communication." Fair enough thought I. And.......if: "I was willing to help her with this, she would be willing to make the effort for us to get closer" - and that is pretty much verbatim. Once again dear reader, ringing any bells?????

Now........upon my return home I opened my emails and, low and behold, a message from Olga. 

The gist of which was: "I could simply send the money to her via WESTERN UNION......"

UH OH...........WARNING, WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!!!

I had heard about this benign request for assistance, using the friendly folk at Western Union to facilitate the romance.

So I politely declined the generous offer to help improve our communication siting the following as my reason in a return email:

Actually AO, that tells you ALOT about Olga. But, you figured it out for yourself. Good on ya

Offline jone

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »
Yes, sorry folks. In order to keep the wheels smoothly spinning I have had to limit the number and allowed size of picture uploads..

Regardless , it would likely be best to store all photos etc that you'd like to share via the internet,  where they remain under your control and can be easily removed/altered updated etc.. 

When a photo is uploaded to this sever, it remains on this server, even if you edit it out of your post, or if the entire post is deleted, the file remains and can only be removed by contacting me.

Okay, I have a small bone to pick:

Today the count on here was again over 2000.  That is monumental compared to how the Forum used to run.  One of the reasons people are here is because of the imagery.  If a picture is online, in order to use the format that you are suggesting, the only way to do it is to download the picture off the internet and store it locally and then have it kick out your post if it exceeds size limits.  Find us a way to be able to contribute without all the sideline issues. 

To me, that was to click the image button and name the URL.  Is that no longer working?

Help, here!

Offline ANTHONY OLIVER

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »

Okay, I have a small bone to pick:

Today the count on here was again over 2000.  That is monumental compared to how the Forum used to run.  One of the reasons people are here is because of the imagery.  If a picture is online, in order to use the format that you are suggesting, the only way to do it is to download the picture off the internet and store it locally and then have it kick out your post if it exceeds size limits.  Find us a way to be able to contribute without all the sideline issues. 

To me, that was to click the image button and name the URL.  Is that no longer working?

Yeah,

What he said!!!!

Anthony

Help, here!

Offline ANTHONY OLIVER

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »

Sorry Jone,

Did it again, the mid quote thing.

Did not scroll down to the bottom of your tag.

I owe you a beer.

Anthony

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2014, 06:57:25 PM »
There are 2 ways to make a picture appear inside a thread post.

1. As an attachment that will show up at post bottom as an enlargeable thumbnail, typically for images stored on your local disk/storage medium:
If a picture is online, in order to use the format that you are suggesting, the only way to do it is to download the picture off the internet and store it locally and then have it kick out your post if it exceeds size limits.

2. As an image inline within post, typically for Internet-stored images:
Find us a way to be able to contribute without all the sideline issues.  To me, that was to click the image button and name the URL.  Is that no longer working?

Code: [Select]
[center][img]http://www.floriani.it/Tryptich.jpg[/img][/center]That's from my website. It appears to work alright ;).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:07:00 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline jone

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2014, 07:45:45 PM »
No it doesn't work okay.  You put up a picture of the 8 Saints, the Virgin Mary with the Christ Child and St. Joseph and the Angels.

Where are the RussBabes??????

Offline Dewed

• Opted-Out
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2014, 11:05:54 PM »
Ok Jone. that was funny..

but please understand, the change I made was out of necessity.. better limited functionality than none at all.

Attaching does still work, it's just the number allowed, and the size of them has been decreased, and it really is better for all involved to use a remote source, like Photobucket, where you control the files and can easily remove them for good if the need ever arises, and it occasionally does for some.

Offline ANTHONY OLIVER

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2014, 11:24:48 AM »

Here’s what I think …

Me enjoying the last rays of summer in Odessa.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:35:03 AM by ANTHONY OLIVER »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1977
Total: 1987

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM