It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 287872 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2022, 07:00:53 PM »

You seem to be shitting yourself over there..scared you'll get called-up and sent to Ukraine to fight ? LMAO.

Don't worry,seeing as you seem to lack reading comprehension,no-one is talking about NATO military engagement/ boots on the ground as part of the Budapest Memorandum....the USA and UK just needs to make sure the Ukrainians are armed sufficiently to defend themselves which the UK is doing.

As i said in the original post,before you started having your nervous breakdown about military engagements involving the USA and UK, when is the USA going to step up and do the same ?

By the way it's common knowledge there are plenty of pro-Russian Ukrainians in Ukraine...who do you think the Ukrainian troops have been fighting for the last eight years in Ukraine ?...Do keep up.LMAO.

I don’t mean to humiliate you publicly but do tell, since you keep bringing up the silly Budapest Memorandum as your silly sticking point, where exactly does it say the US or the UK, is in anyway obligated to arm Ukraine?

Here are the 6 contents of that memorandum. Entertain me since English is your native language:

Respect Belarusian, Kazakh and Ukrainian independence and sovereignty in the existing borders.

Refrain from the threat or the use of force against Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine.

Refrain from using economic pressure on Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine to influence their politics.

Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".

Refrain from the use of nuclear arms against Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine.
Consult with one another if questions arise regarding those commitments.

This time, do yourself a favor and think before you post.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 07:05:24 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2022, 07:25:21 PM »
The UK is understood to have gifted 2000 of The Next Generation Light Anti-Tank Weapon ( NLAW),which is described by its manufacturers as "the first ever single soldier missile system that rapidly knocks out any main battle Tank in just one shot by striking it from above "to Ukraine this week.

Now that these weapons are all over Ukraine, I wonder how long before that technology winds up in Russian/Chinese hands.    Since I'm not a believer that Russia is going to be attacking Ukraine, there has to be some secondary gains they are vying for.  Perhaps this is one of many of those gains. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2022, 08:04:25 PM »
Ukraine now needs so anti missile intercept missiles. That is desperately needed to nullify Russia taking out a lot of Ukraine's army in one fell swoop with lots of missile strikes on them. They then stand a chance of holding off the Russian troops a hell of a lot longer than being over run by them pretty quickly I reckon. Whether any of the stuff the Russians get their hands on eventually who knows, most technology gets pretty old quick anyway and they probably have their own similar versions it's not like there a nation playing technology catch up anymore as I see it.

My guess is that the Russians will launch an attack as soon, or soon after those six large naval ships they sent reach the Black Sea, no point in launching an attack before they get there with reinforcement from them several days away as I see it. Looks like the time it will take them to get there is probably around a week at a guess, so in about a week's time or so. So as many predict around the beginning of February perhaps.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2022, 07:27:39 AM »
I don’t mean to humiliate you publicly but do tell, since you keep bringing up the silly Budapest Memorandum as your silly sticking point, where exactly does it say the US or the UK, is in anyway obligated to arm Ukraine?

Here are the 6 contents of that memorandum. Entertain me since English is your native language:

This time, do yourself a favor and think before you post.

If anyone has humiliated himself on this thread that would be you .

1) You're the guy who started waffling on during your panic attack about USA military engagement with Russia,including possible Nuclear attacks,over Ukraine...no-one else...you.

2) You're the one who claimed i'd be happy for my son to fight in Ukraine when i had stated twice on here previously that i do NOT want my son out there fighting...so you can stop your lying BS .

3) You're the one who attempted to hold up Germany as an example of non-help through the Budapest Memorandum when in fact they were not involved with the Budapest Agreement.

4)You're the one who held up Trump sending some arms to Ukraine in 2017 to help the fight against Ukrainian pro-separatists as an example of helping Ukraine NOW against 100k Russian troops on their border.

On every point you've been made to look a fool  and your tactic is to try and deflect your foolishness by switching to something else.

That doesn't work with me sonny boy.

We can all see the kind of person you are with your statement about why should the USA give a shit about Ukraine.

Now,regarding the Budapest Memorandum and back to my point in post 215 about why the USA needs to give a shit....you see i preempted you yet again...go back and read it again so it sinks in this time.

"Under the agreement the signatories offered Ukraine "security assurances".
Whether or not the Memorandum sets out legal obligations the difficulties that Ukraine has encountered since early 2014 may cast doubt on the credibility of future security guarantees that are offered in exchange for non proliferation commitments."

Now..security assurances don't just mean the USA and UK won't attack Ukraine..it also means we will do what we can to protect the sovereignty of Ukraine.
Standing by and watching Russia invade Ukraine,which you want the USA to do, isn't protecting the sovereignty of Ukraine.
So the UK has sent 2000 anti-Tank missiles to Ukraine this week plus military personnel to train the Ukrainian troops how to use them....and we've gifted these missiles.
Now what has Biden done ..apart from talking hot air.?

I suggest you read properly what i post in future as it becomes tiresome having to repeat myself to you as if i'm talking with a child.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:37:03 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2022, 07:53:09 AM »
Ukraine now needs so anti missile intercept missiles. That is desperately needed to nullify Russia taking out a lot of Ukraine's army in one fell swoop with lots of missile strikes on them. They then stand a chance of holding off the Russian troops a hell of a lot longer than being over run by them pretty quickly I reckon. Whether any of the stuff the Russians get their hands on eventually who knows, most technology gets pretty old quick anyway and they probably have their own similar versions it's not like there a nation playing technology catch up anymore as I see it.

My guess is that the Russians will launch an attack as soon, or soon after those six large naval ships they sent reach the Black Sea, no point in launching an attack before they get there with reinforcement from them several days away as I see it. Looks like the time it will take them to get there is probably around a week at a guess, so in about a week's time or so. So as many predict around the beginning of February perhaps.

I agree that Ukraine needs those missiles and also SAM systems to help defend against Russian aircraft.

They may already have these...who knows ?

If not maybe the USA/Biden might actually do something instead of just talking.

The World is watching and taking note of who stepped-up when needed....the Brits have.

Putin is watching and seeing who's weak and who isn't.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:57:30 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2022, 07:55:47 AM »

If anyone has humiliated himself on this thread that would be you .

1) You're the guy who started waffling on during your panic attack about USA military engagement with Russia,including possible Nuclear attacks,over Ukraine...no-one else...you.

2) You're the one who claimed i'd be happy for my son to fight in Ukraine when i had stated twice on here previously that i do NOT want my son out there fighting...so you can stop your lying BS .

3) You're the one who attempted to hold up Germany as an example of non-help through the Budapest Memorandum when in fact they were not involved with the Budapest Agreement.

4)You're the one who held up Trump sending some arms to Ukraine in 2017 to help the fight against Ukrainian pro-separatists as an example of helping Ukraine NOW against 100k Russian troops on their border.

On every point you've been made to look a fool  and your tactic is to try and deflect your foolishness by switching to something else.

That doesn't work with me sonny boy.

We can all see the kind of person you are with your statement about why should the USA give a shit about Ukraine.

Now,regarding the Budapest Memorandum and back to my point in post 215 about why the USA needs to give a shit....you see i preempted you yet again...go back and read it again so it sinks in this time.

"Under the agreement the signatories offered Ukraine "security assurances".
Whether or not the Memorandum sets out legal obligations the difficulties that Ukraine has encountered since early 2014 may cast doubt on the credibility of future security guarantees that are offered in exchange for non proliferation commitments."

Now..security assurances don't just mean the USA and UK won't attack Ukraine..it also means we will do what we can to protect the sovereignty of Ukraine.
Standing by and watching Russia invade Ukraine,which you want the USA to do, isn't protecting the sovereignty of Ukraine.
So the UK has sent 2000 anti-Tank missiles to Ukraine this week plus military personnel to train the Ukrainian troops how to use them....and we've gifted these missiles.
Now what has Biden done ..apart from talking hot air.?

I suggest you read properly what i post in future as it becomes tiresome having to repeat myself to you as if i'm talking with a child.

So what you’re saying is you’re really clueless. The memorandum content were clearly laid out to you, so instead of just covering subject points and concisely elaborate within it, you instead gave your personal idiotic rambling that have ZERO to do with the subject at hand. Resorting to 5,000 words nonsense did not deflected from this obvious fact about your stupidity.

Now run along child. You’re obviously way in over your head. Don’t let your tucked tail trip you over. Idiot.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:58:45 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2022, 08:03:12 AM »
So what you’re saying is you’re really clueless. The memorandum content were clearly laid out to you, so instead of just covering subject points and concisely elaborate within it, you instead gave your personal idiotic rambling that have ZERO to do with the subject at hand. Resorting to 5,000 words nonsense did not deflected from this obvious fact about your stupidity.

Now run along child. You’re obviously way in over your head. Don’t let your tucked tail trip you over. Idiot.

Like I told

Err no they were not my personal ramblings idiot.

I suggest you read Wiki,..the point i made about credibility in my previous post to you was taken word for word from there .

Once again you've shown what a fool you are LMAO.

It's clear the UK Government agrees with me...despite all your idiotic ramblings...and i'd back them over some clueless nobody posting on a forum :rolleyes:

Now chew on that dopey.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:16:35 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2022, 09:19:34 AM »
Those anti tank missiles/rocket launchers may help to up the casualties the Russians sustain and make it a harder, longer, bloodier fight. Many may well be taken out by Russia hitting Ukrainians army en-masse with missiles but with 2000 being gifted many soldiers with them might well avoid the missile strikes and be able to fire back when the Russian tanks roll forward.

Hopefully all this military weaponry we are gifting the Ukrainians will stand us eager young(ish) bucks in favour with Ukrainians if we ever get out there again ;D

You might want to get out there quick.

I've just watched the BBC news and their correspondent in Kiev said the British are particularly popular in Ukraine now after our gift of the 2000 anti-Tank missiles to them

Wear a Union Jack tie or something and you'll be feted as a hero out there..Ukraine fathers offering their daughters in marriage to you.whilst attracting admiring glances from plenty of hotties .  :popcorn:

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2022, 10:06:09 AM »
Released on December 15, 2009, written by Volodymyr Vasylenko:

http://day.kyiv.ua/en/article/close/assurances-without-guarantees-shelved-document

"Idealizing the Budapest Memorandum cannot and must not be a “step” in the shaping of Ukraine’s foreign policy"

...To start with, negotiations on security guarantees for Ukraine as a state that had voluntarily forsaken the world’s third largest nuclear arsenal were held not only in Budapest and not only in December 1994. Begun in April 1992 and held first with the US and then with the UK, Russia, and France, the talks ended on December 5, 1994, with the signing of the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances, whereby Ukraine became a party to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. In addition to Ukraine’s President Leonid Kuchma, this document was signed by Russian President Boris Yeltsin, US President Bill Clinton, and UK Prime Minister John Major.

China gave Ukraine security guarantees unilaterally in the governmental statement dated December 4, 1994, as did France in a declaration that was handed in to Ukraine’s delegation together with a covering letter signed by President Francois Mitterand on December 5, 1994.

As it follows from the Memorandum and the above-mentioned unilateral acts, the five nuclear states, permanent members of the UN Security Council, did not make any special commitments with respect to Ukraine – they only reaffirmed their commitment, in accordance with the principles of the UN Charter and the CSCE Final Act, to respect the independence, sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine, to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, as well as from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind. Besides, they reaffirmed their commitment to seek immediate United Nations Security Council action to provide assistance to Ukraine should it become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used, and their commitment not to use nuclear weapons against any non-nuclear-weapon state party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons.

The only specific obligation that the three nuclear states – the US, Russia, and the UK – took was that they “will consult in the event a situation arises which raises a question concerning these commitments.” This means that the aforesaid nuclear states must take part in these consultations at Ukraine’s demand. However, the Memorandum has no clauses that set out the procedure of convening and conducting such consultations, making and implementing decisions, or explain the nature of sanctions against the potential offender.

The documents in which China and France gave Ukraine security assurances do not call for an institution of mandatory consultations. The Chinese declaration only says about the government’s inclination to a “peaceful settlement of differences and disputes by way of fair consultations.” The declaration of France does not mention consultations at all.

Therefore, the form and content of the Memorandum and the above-mentioned unilateral acts show that, unfortunately, the Budapest talks on giving Ukraine security guarantees did not eventually result in a comprehensive international agreement that creates an adequate special international mechanism to protect our national security. Tellingly, the authentic English-language copies of the Memorandum use the term “security assurances” which is far weaker than “security guarantees.” The unilateral declaration of France also speaks about “security assurances” (assurances de securite) rather than security guarantees....

Learn, Chelseaboy. Learn.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 10:10:50 AM by GQBlues »

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2022, 10:53:32 AM »
The world is a cruel place.   From a tactical standpoint, I'd suspect the US would like to make sure Russia pays dearly for Ukraine.  Given that, we are probably willing to send as much assistance to Ukraine as we can get away with.  Our goal wouldn't necessarily be to save Ukraine, but to ensure that Russia incurs casualties and costs.  By doing this, it increases the chances that Ukraine would suffer increased casualties as well.   We would be using Ukrainian armed forces to satisfy our own ends.  Ultimately Ukraine will have to defend and fight for themselves.   I'm still convinced that this will not turn into a full-scale military conflict. 

As usual, I don't think the US has a leg to stand on.  We have directly/indirectly fueled discord poverty in unfavored nations the world around, which I suspect has caused deaths/suffering in the millions. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2022, 12:55:11 PM »

I agree that Ukraine needs those missiles and also SAM systems to help defend against Russian aircraft.

They may already have these...who knows ?

If not maybe the USA/Biden might actually do something instead of just talking.

The World is watching and taking note of who stepped-up when needed....the Brits have.

Putin is watching and seeing who's weak and who isn't.

I read somewhere of recent that Ukraine is weak on anti-missile equipment. My guess is that they also don't have much if anything on SAM's either. Like you say they need both to avoid Russia gaining easy air superiority as that would be a disaster in any hope of holding them off. Ukraine doesn't have as much or likely as good an airforce as Russia so they won't get far with that. Looks like Ukraine's best bet is to acquire some decent anti-missile equipment and SAM's to defend against the threat from the air. I think if they had that then Putin might start to reconsider attacking Ukraine. A bloody fight is not what he would be keen on I think. To date Ukraine has presented itself as a relatively easy and vulnerable target with NATO proclaiming they won't go in ripe for the taking. The anti-tank missiles we gave them will help look a little more difficult for the Russians to fight but I don't think it's necessarily enough. The Russians still possess awesome firepower and could still likely demolish Ukraine's army very quickly. They really need to combat the sir threat to avoid being pounded, obliterated and whoever left fleeing. Ukraine is presently almost surrounded so a long line to have to defend. The Russians only need to punch a hole through one area along that line, pour in and roll their whole line up from attacking from the rear and it'll be pretty much all over fir Ukraine.

After Ukraine, Russia will be very dominant in the Black Sea and Georgia will be cut off from aid from the west. Georgia will be the next soft target too far removed to help. After that probably the stans, Putin already had a foothold in Kazakhstan so he can use that as leverage, again more soft targets and former republics of the USSR. The former Eastern Bloc countries I don't think he is too concerned about, their not necessarily in his eye. Possibly Finland if they remain outside of NATO. That's the way I see it anywhere.

This is definitely a situation that needs to be fought by proxy as far as the west is concerned. Using NATO would risk WWIII so not worth that. Equiping Ukraine with some stuff similar to that of a western nation gives it the ability to at least mount a credible defence and Putin won't be keen on attacking someone who may not just roll over as easily as they first appeared.

I think for sure though this will help us UK guys abroad in giving them the anti tank stuff. Being seen as allies and friends helps rather than being seen as foreigners who they don't feel any connection with.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2022, 01:07:12 PM »
The world is a cruel place.   From a tactical standpoint, I'd suspect the US would like to make sure Russia pays dearly for Ukraine.  Given that, we are probably willing to send as much assistance to Ukraine as we can get away with.  Our goal wouldn't necessarily be to save Ukraine, but to ensure that Russia incurs casualties and costs.  By doing this, it increases the chances that Ukraine would suffer increased casualties as well.   We would be using Ukrainian armed forces to satisfy our own ends.  Ultimately Ukraine will have to defend and fight for themselves.   I'm still convinced that this will not turn into a full-scale military conflict. 

As usual, I don't think the US has a leg to stand on.  We have directly/indirectly fueled discord poverty in unfavored nations the world around, which I suspect has caused deaths/suffering in the millions. 

Fathertime!

Exactly, while a protracted military struggle may see the Russians off in the end this is about giving the Russians va hard time of it by causing them more casualties. The anti-tank stuff the UK sent will cause more casualties on the Russian side most likely. But in making Ukraine stiffer competition to beat it is like you say likely to make it a lot more bloody and hence miserable for Ukrainians. I kind of can't help feel a bit bad by sitting in a 'safe' country and discussing how these poor people are going to face being torn to pieces. While it's not my fight nor that of my nation or the US/NATO it doesn't feel great to sit back and potentially view the happenings that could quite likely unfold with an armchair view of things :popcorn: End of the day these are real people like all of us that are going to suffer real bad and I for one wouldn't like to be stuck in that situation. Families torn apart, loved ones lost, etc.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2022, 11:04:59 PM »
An interesting article here from an interview with residents of Kharkiv on the situation:

http://news.sky.com/story/russia-ukraine-crisis-if-someone-tries-to-take-our-freedom-again-we-will-fight-back-ukrainians-say-as-tensions-continue-12522010

Looks like beneath the surface a lot of people may be pretty worried, I don't blame them. This is in a city quite far east in Ukraine as you all know so probably a lot of Russian speakers/original ethnic Russians. I think the article rightly draws attention to whether the Ukraine Military will be able to cope with the Russian Army as it will likely be a lot harder and probably faster hitting than they have had to date. On that point of course the Russians would get the first strike in as they would attack first since Ukraine of course won't attack Russia as that would be bringing the problem on themselves for certain and the lack the capability to do it well and they won't want to give the Russians the excuse. So odds are that Ukraine's military could be blown to bits in the first strike leaving little left to fight with my guess would be.

The article gives some sterling account of Ukrainians resolve but that may unfortunately count for little at the end of the day I'm thinking. A destroyed army won't have any resolve.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2022, 06:46:03 AM »

>:D

The humiliation continues....LMAO!

1. Plagiarism is not a very cool thing to do, you know. Only idiots do that. If you can't put together a coherent statement on your own, and you have a need to resolve to cut/paste, give some reference/s.

2. If you relied on WIKI, allow me to reinforced what I suspected about you - a barking dog void of any significant bite. I say that because the very source of information you relied upon cited the following:

So now that you've successfully made a total mockery of yourself, please stop digging. I'm certain your public display of stupidity has become painfully obvious now.
 :blowkiss: 

I was entertained.

You can posture and squirm and swerve and attempt to deflect and spin as much as you like...trolls do tend to do that .

Your credibility on here is zilch.

You have been shown to be incorrect and lacking on any knowledge on many of your points..as i listed previously.

Even worse than any of that i have shown you to be a liar with your comment about my son...so anything you've previously posted or will post in the future can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Your public humiliation and exposure as a liar is complete.

I'm well aware what the word assurances mean by the way...and so does the UK Government..which is why they've gifted the 2000 anti-Tank Missiles to Ukraine  :rolleyes:

They know a bit more about the Budapest Memorandum than some drooling trolling nobody posting on here

:)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 10:32:53 AM by AnonMod »

Offline John Gaunt

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2022, 07:32:10 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Admin

• Administrator
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2022, 12:11:32 PM »
Stick to the issues and do NOT resort to petty personal insults. Continued behaviour of this sort will result in the topic being locked.

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2022, 01:03:08 PM »

You can posture and squirm and swerve and attempt to deflect and spin as much as you like...trolls do tend to do that .

As you can see, personal petty insult is apparently not allowed...accusation of squirming and swerving and calling one a troll, IMO, is personal insult. Do you agree Chelseaboy?

Your credibility on here is zilch.

Close to another personal insult, but I'll let that slide.

You have been shown to be incorrect and lacking on any knowledge on many of your points..as i listed previously.

Oh really?!? Let me bold those questions for better clarity:

Can you please show me how you addressed what I asked before then - PLEASE. You kept referring to the Budapest Memorandum as the justification of the US and the UK sending arms to Ukraine - which I asked VERY CLEARLY, even provide you the 6 contents of the memorandum to please show me, or explain, where in the memorandum explicitly mentioned that.

Even worse than any of that i have shown you to be a liar with your comment about my son...so anything you've previously posted or will post in the future can be taken with a pinch of salt.

The comment about your son derived from your attempt at bravado about going forth with reckless abandon and cheering for the exacerbating in getting Ukraine in an armed conflict against a far more superior nation that would likely result in untold thousands of casualties. It's akin to finding delight in a bloodbath, and with such emotions and bravado, methinks maybe you'd change your mind and request deployment of your kid, is all. Is this an option to you, or no?  UK arming Ukraine, you believe levels the field against Russia? Can anyone arm them enough to survive a war with Russia?

Your public humiliation and exposure as a liar is complete.

Oooppsss...there you were, resorted to another personal insult it seems...

I'm well aware what the word assurances mean by the way...and so does the UK Government..which is why they've gifted the 2000 anti-Tank Missiles to Ukraine  :rolleyes:

English is your native tongue, so it please point out where in the 6 contents of the memorandum cited that. It is written in English, bruddah.  :devil:

Assurance used in the cited contents relates to compliance of the bulleted contents. Again, where did it even suggested any form of military assistance. Your personal definition and usage of the word ‘Assurance’, which unfortunately webster and the rest of the English dictionary available, in hard cover or online - disagree with you. But nice try.

They know a bit more about the Budapest Memorandum than some drooling trolling nobody posting on here

LMAO! *THEY* Who are *they*? Are you referring to WIKI? I just gave you it said about ‘military assistance’! LMAO! Again, it’s written in English, man.

And are those MORE personal insult you resorted to again?

:)

Back at yah, baby  >:D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 04:23:26 PM by GQBlues »

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2022, 01:04:47 PM »
Stick to the issues and do NOT resort to petty personal insults. Continued behaviour of this sort will result in the topic being locked.

Hi Dan-

Did you just looked at my post, deleted it, after receiving the email notification, and totally missed the instigated post/s prompting these exchanges? I'm not accusing of any bias around here, as I keep these things in check.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2022, 03:15:55 PM »
Well after US talks have twice failed it looks like the UK is giving it a go:

http://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-crisis-moscow-accepts-uk-talks-invite-amid-fears-russian-invasion-is-imminent-12522361

I don't really hold out any hope here possibly just an attempt to say we've tried and possibly a stalling action in case the Russians decide to attack early before their fleet have arrived in the Black Sea before the Ukrainian military have really gotten to grips with how to use those anti tank rocket launchers we sent them. They arrived in the country about a day ago now, my guess is that they now need to decide where they will be dispersed among Ukrainian troops. They'll no doubt need them along the whole of the Ukrainian border except that which borders Poland. 2000 anti tank rocket launchers care going to take time to distribute after deciding where they go then there is training the troops on how to use them, that may not take too long depending upon complexity, maybe an instruction manual or You Tube video.

So I'm going to guess they have about decided upon distribution and will be sending the stuff off to the front in the next day or so. So possibly after the weekend Ukrainian troops might start getting to grips with the stuff at best. Still that leaves Ukraine with problems of Russian air superiority and no doubt other issues that still need addressing.

The Tory MP mentioned in the article that he reckons conflict is inevitable and I'm thinking he is probably right.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2022, 03:23:26 PM »
I'm guessing there are a lot of people in general not just on this forum who have people they know out in Ukraine, friends, family, in-laws, etc who may be in harm's way in a possible Russian Invasion. Anyone here concerned about people they know out in Ukraine who might end up having to face such a scenario?

Worst case I think will be if it ends up with Ukraine's cities being bombarded and hence shelled out. Many civilian casualties likely, homes destroyed. Then of course all the places we've visited over the years no longer as they were.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2022, 03:32:23 PM »
The US embassy in Ukraine has requested the evacuation of all non-essential staff amid increasing fears of an imminent Russian invasion and the arrival overnight of arms deliveries promised by President Joe Biden, according to a CNN report.

US evacuations are likely to start “as early as next week”, the US cable news network said, citing a source close to the Ukrainian government. It marks the embassy’s shift in focus towards “helping Ukraine bolster its defences in the face of growing Russian aggression”.

The embassy in Kyiv also said on Twitter that the first batch of fresh US assistance had arrived in Ukraine, which includes weaponry described as “200,000 pounds of lethal aid, including ammunition for the frontline defenders of Ukraine”.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/22/us-embassy-in-ukraine-requests-staff-evacuation-amid-war-fears
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2022, 06:18:19 PM »
Well done the USA for stepping-up also.

It will anger GQBlues of course because he says the USA shouldn't "give a shit" about Ukraine..maybe influenced by having a Russian wife.

I'm well aware other members of this forum have Russian and Ukrainian wives but have kept a dignified silence over the ever more disturbing developments between Russia and Ukraine...some may have family members actually involved,so let us hope for everyones sake that the situation calms down and common-sense prevails to prevent war breaking out between the two countries.

Well done to Estonia,Latvia and Lithuania too for supplying US made Anti-Tank and Anti-Aircraft missiles to Ukraine today.

Personally i feel that the better armed Ukraine is the less chance Putin will invade.

In another development the German Navy Chief Vice Admiral Kay-Achim Schoenbach has had to resign after making pro-Russian/Putin comments.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:47:11 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2022, 06:44:38 PM »
Indeed Grumpy, sone here will be the other side of the fence in having Russian wives/partners. While Russia's actions don't necessarily represent their standpoint for some it may not be an easy one if their other half is from the other side.

The US evacuating the families of its Embassy staff is symbolic I think. To me it looks like they are all gearing up for what may be the inevitable.

Recent update on that Russian Armada:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43965/russias-landing-ships-are-headed-to-the-mediterranean-to-join-a-growing-armada

Confirms they are headed in the direction of the Med/Black Sea. If they first conduct military exercises in the Med before moving to the Black Sea then guessing possible invasion of Ukraine could very potentially be around early February, so not long.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2022, 10:32:46 PM »
Indeed the $200 million of US ammo etc will no doubt cone in handy for Ukraine.

The Baltic States are sending Ukraine anti-tank and anti-aircraft equipment, US made, the anti-aircraft stuff it will no doubt desperately need. Whether it will be enough or sufficient to take out a lot of Russian military planes who knows, they would need to I think.

http://www.voanews.com/a/blinken-authorizes-baltic-countries-to-send-us-weapons-to-ukraine/6408170.html

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2022, 04:32:23 AM »
Indeed Grumpy, sone here will be the other side of the fence in having Russian wives/partners. While Russia's actions don't necessarily represent their standpoint for some it may not be an easy one if their other half is from the other side.

The US evacuating the families of its Embassy staff is symbolic I think. To me it looks like they are all gearing up for what may be the inevitable.

Recent update on that Russian Armada:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43965/russias-landing-ships-are-headed-to-the-mediterranean-to-join-a-growing-armada

Confirms they are headed in the direction of the Med/Black Sea. If they first conduct military exercises in the Med before moving to the Black Sea then guessing possible invasion of Ukraine could very potentially be around early February, so not long.

NATO has announced they will also be sending ships to the Med to conduct large-scale military exercises "Neptune strike 22" starting Monday for an initial two week period.
These will include the US Aircraft Carrier USS "Harry Truman".

The Netherlands has announced they will also be sending arms  if requested by Ukraine.

In Ukraine civilians are volunteering for Territorial Defense Battalions and are training to fight a Guerrilla war if Russia invades.

Deputy PM Dominic Raab said today that it's "extremely unlikely " that British troops will be sent to Ukraine,but that the UK will do whatever else is necessary if Russia invades Ukraine.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 05:09:01 AM by Chelseaboy »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2236
Total: 2247

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM