It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 287825 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #400 on: February 16, 2022, 02:21:01 PM »

I have no demons.

I've never invaded another country or killed,maimed ,pillaged or raped.

Have you ?

For a fact, I know a bunch of 4th graders in US public schools that can actually manage a coherent debate compared to you. Run along...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 02:23:40 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #401 on: February 16, 2022, 02:31:35 PM »

For a fact, I know a bunch of 4th graders in US public schools that can actually manage a coherent debate compared to you. Run along...

Interesting that you chose to deflect my question.

Well,just to inform you,as someone who has never invaded another country or killed,maimed.pillaged or raped, that means i have every right to question a leader ( Putin ) who has a history of sending troops in to do just that...and may be about to do the same again....whether you like my questioning him or not.

That doesn't make me a hypocrite...as i would be doing the same if it was British troops on the Ukraine border...plus i have no demons to prick my conscience.

But it isn't Brits it's Russian troops.....and it isn't the past ..it's in the here and now.

So you can sit there and rant at and mock the west all you like, the facts are it's Russian troops on the Ukraine border..not evil western powers.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 02:41:30 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #402 on: February 16, 2022, 03:22:47 PM »

Did you conveniently left off the people of first nations in Canada? How about the children of the 'Residential Schools'? These aren't exactly 'the past', you know. Rather pretty current actually.

I didn't leave off first nations in Canada.  See my post. 

I did not refer to residential schools because residents and their survivors have been compensated.  I was involved in negotiating some of those settlements, a little more than a decade ago.  The number is over $50 billion currently.  Keep in mind, not all FN were in residential schools. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2022, 03:31:37 PM »

I didn't leave off first nations in Canada.  See my post. 

*Compensated* What a nice, comforting word to some. Is that what it is all about to you? Compensation for those who survived? Must be a 'common' word in the Commonwealth. LMAO. Prince Andrew, I'm sure, is feeling so much better of himself lately. Compensation.

I did not refer to residential schools because residents and their survivors have been compensated.  I was involved in negotiating some of those settlements, a little more than a decade ago.  The number is over $50 billion currently.  Keep in mind, not all FN were in residential schools.

:-X  No. (Un)fortunately, not anymore. Not amongst us anymore either.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2022, 03:34:18 PM »
Touch a nerve? That's your reply?  >:D

LMAO! You must be kidding me/us? Holy Molly! Let me help you out as 'thinking' is obviously not your suit. Place the mouse cursor to the 'flag' underneath that gorgeous mug below my handle. A country's name will appear. Let me know if you need help with that, too.

Stars and Stripes. Home of the Brave. U-S-A! Ring a bell? Yes/No?

I'm well aware of the flags beneath posters handles..but not everyone bothers to change their flag when they move to another country....i don't when i live abroad for a period.

I've looked at all your posts on this thread....and not once have you questioned Putin or Russia about the build-up of military forces on Ukraine's border...not once.

All you do is castigate the USA/UK/NATO as if's it's us who have troops on Ukraine's border.

I wonder why ?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 03:37:14 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #405 on: February 16, 2022, 04:32:22 PM »
I'm no fan of Cameron,but in fairness to him Libya attacked us first..with Lockerbie.

Libya and Gaddafi brought it upon themselves.
I don't blame countries like Libya that have little choice but to resort to 'terrorism'.  They will be massacred militarily, so they do what they have to do to still put up a fight.    They lost a lot of people/military prior to this Lockerbie incident, so they probably feel justified in doing SOMETHING to retaliate.    Western nations like the US and United Kingdom have been able to create a tough business environment for many nations and have been willing to use our military to enforce it.    By taking it to that level, it makes everybody a target. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #406 on: February 16, 2022, 06:34:48 PM »
I've never invaded another country . . .

What about your WMVM or WOVO incursions ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #407 on: February 16, 2022, 06:37:07 PM »
*Compensated* What a nice, comforting word to some. Is that what it is all about to you? Compensation for those who survived? Must be a 'common' word in the Commonwealth. LMAO. Prince Andrew, I'm sure, is feeling so much better of himself lately. Compensation.

:-X  No. (Un)fortunately, not anymore. Not amongst us anymore either.

Unlike the US, Canada entered into treaties with all its First Nations.  That's what all the court cases are about - the terms and conditions of those treaties. So, based on the treaties, it is, in fact, compensation that is relevant.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2022, 08:43:31 PM »

Looks like they are massing for a major attack. Invasion likely very imminent!

I've read this before, and before, and before!    Looks like the 3am attack yesterday didn't happen.

Fathertime!

Offline Jumper1

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #409 on: February 16, 2022, 09:10:02 PM »
Blinky reckons even more units being moved to the Ukrainian Front rather than away:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10519563/Secretary-State-Blinken-says-Putin-moving-critical-units-Ukrainian-border.html

Looks like they are massing for a major attack. Invasion likely very imminent!

Apparently the troops that were moved were moved back to their hone base that is even nearer the Ukraine border than where they were. In the mean time Russia has moved up even more troops. Really does look like they are getting to the climax, their moving troops right up to Ukraine's border now.

Just for you Trenchy

Offline John Gaunt

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #410 on: February 16, 2022, 11:08:30 PM »
Just for you Trenchy
Don’t give him any ideas.  :naughty:

Offline John Gaunt

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2022, 11:16:23 PM »
I don't blame countries like Libya that have little choice but to resort to 'terrorism'.  They will be massacred militarily, so they do what they have to do to still put up a fight.    They lost a lot of people/military prior to this Lockerbie incident, so they probably feel justified in doing SOMETHING to retaliate.    Western nations like the US and United Kingdom have been able to create a tough business environment for many nations and have been willing to use our military to enforce it.    By taking it to that level, it makes everybody a target. 

Fathertime!

Seriously!!!
You’re condoning murder?
What next?
Will you also condone the mowing down of bystanders in Nice using a 19 ton truck by Islamic terrorists or what happened at Bataclan?

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #412 on: February 17, 2022, 03:22:17 AM »
The Ukrainian President has tweeted today;

"I appreciate the support of Great Britain and grateful to Boris Johnson for the unity with Ukraine ! This is very important for us,especially now ! Let's join forces to preserve peace . "

He has also thanked Lithuania in another tweet.

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #413 on: February 17, 2022, 07:11:28 AM »

Unlike the US, Canada entered into treaties with all its First Nations.  That's what all the court cases are about - the terms and conditions of those treaties. So, based on the treaties, it is, in fact, compensation that is relevant.

There you go again. I’ve no idea how or why you make these broad statement that is simply shockingly false. You watch Rachel Maddow too much.

There are nearly 400 treaties made between the US government and it’s indigenous Native American tribes. Of which, IIRC, over 20 were broken inside of the year it was reconciled. Since you rely on Google too much, feel free to fact check my statement.

As for Canada, if you’re referring to the enactment/formation of TRC, crimes and racism in Canada still prevalently remains today. I can provide you mountains of proof of that statement if you like. Canada, like the US, is nothing more than a testament of what a horde of European white trash can do when given an opportunity to govern a territory. That is a fact, and a historical legacy of European strain.

To actually feel good claiming any monetary compensation is relevant as some form of reconciliatory tool in exchange for its evil deeds, is even more sinful and evil in itself. Share that reasoning to the survivors of the holocaust.

Canada even have an acronym for one of its genocidal acts, MMIWG. I’m certain you’re very familiar with that.

There’s no greater evil than absolute transgressions against the innocence of children.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 12:59:37 PM by GQBlues »

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2022, 07:13:43 AM »
Seriously!!!
You’re condoning murder?
What next?
Will you also condone the mowing down of bystanders in Nice using a 19 ton truck by Islamic terrorists or what happened at Bataclan?

Oh, quit being so dramatic and face reality.  Smaller nations with inferior technology may decide to use whatever means necessary to try to keep larger interlopers from trying to push them around.  Terrorism is all they have at times. 
Nothing much in the world is 'fair'.   A Hyena verses a lion.  The lion always wins.   Pack of hyena verses lion, hyenas may win.  Especially since they fight 'dirty' and come from behind to tear off Lion's balls while he is occupied with another of the hyenas. 

If YOU are condoning suppression of a nation, then you have to bear the consequences.   Why would you expect a smaller nation to just accept their fate without doing everything in their power to fight back.   The US kills women/children all the time, but it is deemed a mistake and is largely ignored. 

Fathertime!

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2022, 09:39:35 AM »
Now that the February 16 Russian invasion of Ukraine had come and gone, crickets can be heard along the eastern border, reports US VP Kamala Harris. She laid witness to lines upon endless lines of grandmothers with flowers in their hands as the celebration of the coming spring and togetherness of one nation, one people festival. In between the festivities, multi-tasking US VP Kamala Harris had to excused herself to check if any emails arrived in her computer. One actually did. An email from Maria Zakharova, it said:

Privet durochka Harris,

With your assistance, I will call on all your media outlet to publish a full list of dates on which Russia will invade Ukraine for the year ahead, so Russian diplomats can schedule their vacations accordingly.

Spasiba.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #416 on: February 17, 2022, 10:26:33 AM »
Just for you Trenchy

That's a good one Jumper, would love to adopt a Ukrainian babe ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Muzh

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #417 on: February 17, 2022, 11:55:22 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 11:57:21 AM by Muzh »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #418 on: February 17, 2022, 11:58:35 AM »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #419 on: February 17, 2022, 12:38:20 PM »
I've read this before, and before, and before!    Looks like the 3am attack yesterday didn't happen.

Fathertime!

It could happen tonight, it could happen any time in the next few days.

I didn't think it was likely to happen last night as that time was out so it took away any element of surprise. That and Putin would probably want to manoeuvre to an excuse for war particularly after he said he didn't want it to the German Chancellor. Theoretically he doesn't necessarily need an excuse, he could just say he's decided to take Ukrainian lands as he believes them Russian territory going back to Katherine the Great. Odds are though he'll probably source out one flimsy excuse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-russia-ukraine-invasion-joe-26259442.amp

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/thousands-of-russian-troops-within-30-miles-of-ukraine-ready-to-invade-b983021.html

Bisen now thinks a war is inevitable. UK gov sources are now saying war is imminent if not inevitable. Apparently Russia has moved up troops to within 30 miles of Ukraine's border in recent hours. My guess is that they are going to make a dash for Kyiv, missiles aimed at any Ukrainian troops in the way then take up occupying land around Ukraine. They'll likely stay out the cities apart from possibly central Kyiv, cut off the rail & road routes and starve Ukrainians into submission. Ukraine's army in the east will probably be hammered by missiles into oblivion.

I personally think Putin is up for it.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jumper1

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2022, 03:01:30 PM »
And why would it be inevitable?

Not one person on either side actually believes the dire *grievances * of either make war an inevitable.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2022, 03:51:35 PM »
It could happen tonight, it could happen any time in the next few days.

I didn't think it was likely to happen last night as that time was out so it took away any element of surprise. That and Putin would probably want to manoeuvre to an excuse for war particularly after he said he didn't want it to the German Chancellor. Theoretically he doesn't necessarily need an excuse, he could just say he's decided to take Ukrainian lands as he believes them Russian territory going back to Katherine the Great. Odds are though he'll probably source out one flimsy excuse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-russia-ukraine-invasion-joe-26259442.amp

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/thousands-of-russian-troops-within-30-miles-of-ukraine-ready-to-invade-b983021.html

Bisen now thinks a war is inevitable. UK gov sources are now saying war is imminent if not inevitable. Apparently Russia has moved up troops to within 30 miles of Ukraine's border in recent hours. My guess is that they are going to make a dash for Kyiv, missiles aimed at any Ukrainian troops in the way then take up occupying land around Ukraine. They'll likely stay out the cities apart from possibly central Kyiv, cut off the rail & road routes and starve Ukrainians into submission. Ukraine's army in the east will probably be hammered by missiles into oblivion.

Putin might be up for it ...but his military might could soon be in deep trouble if he sends then in. ;D

Around a dozen Russian main battle tanks were filmed stuck in deep mud near the Ukrainian border in the Rostov region on 10th Feb and it took a civilian using an excavator to rescue them. ;D

Potential sitting ducks for those 2000 anti-tank missiles the Brits gave to the Ukrainians  :clapping:

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2022, 03:53:56 PM »

Bisen now thinks a war is inevitable.

Bisen isn't a warrior and I believe he has ulterior motives. 

It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is no iron in his words of death for all Russia to see and so there is iron in his words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Putin carries the same iron of life and death. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2022, 03:55:30 PM »
And why would it be inevitable?

Not one person on either side actually believes the dire *grievances * of either make war an inevitable.

Because Putin isn't going to go to all the trouble of assembling such a force and put it into invasion position just for the joy of it. There's no sense to that, it's a waste without any gain.

In addition Putin has made out he was withdrawing forces when in fact he was doing the opposite. Why do that as a negotiating tactic? It has no sense to it, it would only breed distrust during any negotiation. It makes perfect sense if trying to cover for more troops to come in. He was found out and has been found out concocting false flag excuses for an invasion. He'll make inroads with something and when he will attack. I don't think he'll really care how flimsy something is as an excuse it could be drawn up on the back of a fag packet. He may not even bother that much with an excuse beyond his demands have not been satisfied and hence to protect Russia he needs to take back Ukraine.

I think most see now that his preparations are within their last few moments of readiness. The next stage is the order for the invasion, that is likely to come any day (or most likely night) now.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2022, 04:00:59 PM »

Putin might be up for it ...but his military might could soon be in deep trouble if he sends then in. ;D

Around a dozen Russian main battle tanks were filmed stuck in deep mud near the Ukrainian border in the Rostov region on 10th Feb and it took a civilian using an excavator to rescue them. ;D

Potential sitting ducks for those 2000 anti-tank missiles the Brits gave to the Ukrainians  :clapping:

All depends whether the ground has hardened since then by frost, etc.

Ukrainians best chance is probably to take the fight to the Russians, close in quick so they are too close for the Russians to use their missiles. Still the odds I doubt are good, even if they smash most of the Russian force Putin will probably bring in reinforcements. If Ukrainians attack first then they will give Putin the excuse he needs and a valid one at that.

Odds are Ukrainians will just have to endure whatever happens. If they can get a victory as you suggest CB then that would be a good one for Ukraine.

http://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-crisis-world-leaders-fear-russia-is-creating-an-excuse-to-invade-ukraine-after-rise-in-attacks-across-disputed-donbas-regions-line-of-contact-12544212
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 04:23:07 PM by Trenchcoat »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2259
Total: 2270

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM