It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 287432 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #475 on: February 21, 2022, 08:13:11 AM »
No young men were evacuated anyway..they've been ordered by the Russian-backed separatists to stay and fight the fantasy incoming Ukraine attack in Donbas...while their young women have been sent over a 1000 km away to near Moscow.

A cynical person might say it's a convenient way to inject some more young and fertile women into an ageing Russian population...with their blokes stuck a 1000 km away.

The BBC filmed loads of young women,some with children, being piled into Buses...with some saying that with them being taken so far away it isn't looking short-term.

I need to go where near Moscow??? :P
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Brillynt

• Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #476 on: February 21, 2022, 08:45:46 AM »
No young men were evacuated anyway..they've been ordered by the Russian-backed separatists to stay and fight the fantasy incoming Ukraine attack in Donbas...while their young women have been sent over a 1000 km away to near Moscow.

A cynical person might say it's a convenient way to inject some more young and fertile women into an ageing Russian population...with their blokes stuck a 1000 km away.

The BBC filmed loads of young women,some with children, being piled into Buses...with some saying that with them being taken so far away it isn't looking short-term.

My wife is from Lugansk. Currently all private vehicles are being siezed. All men 18-64 are being rounded up and forcibly conscripted. All the marstruka's have been siezed  and are being used in the consription process. The only men not being conscripted are medical professionals, they have been given a special document to show in case they are being forcibly conscripted. This information is from my wife's family. Her daughter's father is a doctor(surgeon) and has told my wifes daughter about the document. They are telling all the women and children to evacuate to Russia, but to where no one really knows. Some are evacuating, but most are not willing to go without their husbands and fathers. My wife says, how is a woman with small children going to survive away from home without their husband to provide and protect them.

This has my wife and her family stressed to the max. All the delivery of goods will soon come to a standstill due to the conscriptions. They are currently going to the market daily to buy needed goods as they expect it to run out of supplies soon.

They are having intermittent internet and electrical outages for the last few days.  Natural gas line fires have been shown on the local tv to prove that the Ukrainians are coming, the Ukrainians are coming.

The amount of propaganda is just insane at the moment.

I am fortunate in that my wife returned last week before all this craziness kicked off. I have no idea what I would do if she was stuck there now.
The wife is feeling guilty that she is safe and her family is dealing with all the insanity.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:48:44 AM by Brillynt »

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #477 on: February 21, 2022, 08:53:28 AM »
My wife is from Lugansk. Currently all private vehicles are being siezed. All men 18-64 are being rounded up and forcibly conscripted. All the marstruka's have been siezed  and are being used in the consription process. The only men not being conscripted are medical professionals, they have been given a special document to show in case they are being forcibly conscripted. This information is from my wife's family. Her daughters father is a doctor(surgeon) and has told my wifes daughter about the document. They are telling all the women and children to evacuate to Russia, but to where no one really knows. Some are evacuating but most are not willing to go without their husbands and fathers. My wife says how is a woman with small children going to survive away from home without their husband to provide and protect them.

This has my wife and her family stressed to the max. All the delivery of goods will soon come to a standstill due to the conscriptions. They are currently going to the market daily to buy needed goods as they expect it to run out of supplies soon.

They are having intermittent internet and electrical outages for the last few days.  Natural gas line fires have been shown on the local tv to prove that the Ukrainians are coming, the Ukrainians are coming.

The amount of propaganda is just insane at the moment.

I am fortunate in that my wife returned last week before all this craziness kicked off. I have no idea what I would do if she was stuck there now.
The wife is feeling guilty that she is safe and her family is dealing with all the insanity.

WOW this is a very informative first hand account.
Thanks for posting.
I had heard that the forced bussing was only for TV consumption and that  the people were actually taken back into their home towns later.
They also put some children from orphanages on busses for TV, but later took them back.
Any info on these specific items from your wife's family?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Brillynt

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #478 on: February 21, 2022, 09:40:31 AM »
WOW this is a very informative first hand account.
Thanks for posting.
I had heard that the forced bussing was only for TV consumption and that  the people were actually taken back into their home towns later.
They also put some children from orphanages on busses for TV, but later took them back.
Any info on these specific items from your wife's family?

I talked to the wife. She says the pictures are real, the women are panicing and are leaving Lugansk with their children. She is not sure about the orphanages.

She is watching the RU news and political shows, and currently Putin is deciding if they will move into the Donbass area "For the protection of Russian people". One thing to remember, shortly after the 2014 hostilities, Putin offered Russian passports to those who lived in the Donbass area, so that would allow him to say they are Russian. Supposedly a decision will be made by tomorrow evening.

Guess we will see what happens. Never thought I would have to watch something like this, and have to worry about family members being in the crosshairs.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:45:36 AM by Brillynt »

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #479 on: February 21, 2022, 10:26:27 AM »
Zelensky, paraphrased, to the US:

~"...If you know exactly, with your intelligence that you keep announcing, that Russia is definitely invading Ukraine in a specific day, why do you not sanction Russia now? What are you waiting for? It doesn't do Ukraine any good for you to sanction Russia AFTER they invade Ukraine!..."~

Dunno, IMHO, the dude has a point! Good luck making any sense with the US liberals' president, My Zelensky. Maybe call him anytime after 4 PM when he wakes up from his daily naps.

Kamala Harris (pp), "...if Russia invades Ukraine, Americans must be prepared that the price of gas will go up!..." WOW! Thank good ness for that warning, your excellency! You mean more than the 150% increase it is already at since you and napping Joe took over?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 10:30:50 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #480 on: February 21, 2022, 11:03:54 AM »
I talked to the wife. She says the pictures are real, the women are panicing and are leaving Lugansk with their children. She is not sure about the orphanages.

She is watching the RU news and political shows, and currently Putin is deciding if they will move into the Donbass area "For the protection of Russian people". One thing to remember, shortly after the 2014 hostilities, Putin offered Russian passports to those who lived in the Donbass area, so that would allow him to say they are Russian. Supposedly a decision will be made by tomorrow evening.

Guess we will see what happens. Never thought I would have to watch something like this, and have to worry about family members being in the crosshairs.

Yep and here is Putin's excuse to invade Ukraine. First move into Donbass to have 'save' the now Russian people there against the aggression and genocide of Ukraine. From there he will probably pound the living cr*p out of the bulk of the Ukrainian Army that is in Eastern Ukraine through missile attacks and God knows what. That will leave the rest of Ukraine, Kyiv etc vulnerable IF he chooses to invade the rest of Ukraine. There may be a chance that he doesn't. The rest of the encirclement might just be there to stop Ukraine counter attacking into Russian territory, keep the pressure on and have the option to invade if they decide to. Once the Ukrainian Army is smashed in the East good and proper there will be little left to defend Ukraine with, that will likely become apparent to those in the Ukrainian establishment and they will likely sue for peace. The Russian puppets will come forward and be chosen and Russia will have what it wants. That's a possible scenario I think, that or Russia will wind up the Donbass excuse to totally invade Ukraine.

That the Donbass separatists are see fit to conscript nearly all the men, possibly at gun point and their family possibly held as ransom well I don't think they would be doing that if Russia was not about to invade. All about getting the situation there wound up enough to give the Russians an excuse to move in. What are the odds these men will be used as cannon fodder in a new onslaught on the Ukrainian front lines to demonstrate heightened tensions necessary for Russian involvement.

Terrible times.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #481 on: February 21, 2022, 11:12:14 AM »
The women and children being used as hostages to make the men in the Donbas region fight with Ukraine is something i hadn't considered and is a good point....and yes for sure those men will be stuck in the front-line as cannon fodder if so.

Putin is making an announcement to the Russian people on state TV tonight.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #482 on: February 21, 2022, 11:45:42 AM »
The women and children being used as hostages to make the men in the Donbas region fight against Ukraine is something i hadn't considered and is a good point....and yes for sure those men will be stuck in the front-line as cannon fodder if so.

Putin is making an announcement to the Russian people on state TV tonight.

It's probably this:

http://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-crisis-vladimir-putin-set-to-decide-whether-to-recognise-separatist-regions-in-ukraine-as-independent-12548002

All starting to play out now. He'll recognise them as independent state/country. They'll ask him to protect them again Ukrainian aggression. He'll move in and pound the hell out of the Ukrainian Army, etc, etc...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 12:08:32 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #483 on: February 21, 2022, 12:21:33 PM »
Putin has recognized the independence of Donetsk and Luhansk regions

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #484 on: February 21, 2022, 02:35:35 PM »
Putin has just ordered peacekeeping moves in Eastern Ukraine.

Looks like the invasion of Ukraine is starting. :(

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #485 on: February 21, 2022, 03:01:20 PM »
Putin has just ordered peacekeeping moves in Eastern Ukraine.

Looks like the invasion of Ukraine is starting. :(

That's it then, the invasion has begun!

http://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-live-updates-satellite-images-show-new-russia-deployments-as-biden-and-putin-summit-mooted-12541713

Looks like General Trench here wasn't too far off with my prediction of Invasion just hours away yesterday ;D

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #486 on: February 21, 2022, 03:14:18 PM »
I don't see Ukraine in flames as you predicted...with missiles being launched to obliterate the Ukraine army.

No pounding of Kiev occurring or Naval bombardment or air strikes.

I've seen a video purporting to be Russian troops arriving in Eastern Ukraine in....Buses.

It's actually working out as i predicted with Putin using a pretext to send troops into Eastern Ukraine

I bet they're not happy all the local hotties have been sent elsewhere  :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 03:25:30 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #487 on: February 21, 2022, 05:01:34 PM »
I don't see Ukraine in flames as you predicted...with missiles being launched to obliterate the Ukraine army.

No pounding of Kiev occurring or Naval bombardment or air strikes.

I've seen a video purporting to be Russian troops arriving in Eastern Ukraine in....Buses.

It's actually working out as i predicted with Putin using a pretext to send troops into Eastern Ukraine

I bet they're not happy all the local hotties have been sent elsewhere  :)

Not yet but this is the start of Russia's invasion. Just wait until the Russian cruise missiles start flying at Ukraine's army in the East the pretext probably being to quell the Ukrainian aggression or something like that. After that probably some more bs by Russia to move into Ukraine, onto Kiev.

I don't think I ever discounted the Donbass as a false flag event. I believe I even accepted that, that was one plausible scenario too. Though you'd pointedly make the case and it seems that you were right in doing so CB.

I'm not surprised Russia is already moving in troops, Putin seems in a hurry now to get underway on all of this and get what he wants.

Now just a matter of waiting for the next piece of bs from Putin as to why he needs to hammer Ukraine's army. I wonder how long we will have to wait for that one?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #488 on: February 21, 2022, 05:17:14 PM »
Apparently sanctions are to be announced later today against Russia by the UK, probably the US & EU also:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60472639.amp

Could possibly see visas to Russia go or that might be left until a full invasion of Ukraine occurs.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #489 on: February 21, 2022, 05:25:26 PM »
The Ukrainian President has just said that Ukraine isn't giving anything away,despite Putins statement , and that Putin can  basically do one

I found out yesterday that Ukraine received  Drones from Turkey that are basically Russian Tank busters with an excellent track record against them.

Boris said this evening we're looking to send more weapons to Ukraine.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 05:46:15 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2022, 06:46:40 PM »
American intelligence has just announced that Putin’s first objective with his “peace keeping” mission to the Donbass, is to supply new smart phones, web cams and improve internet access to all attractive women..... Single mothers will be given industrial strength protective phone cases to combat the spike in clumsy and careless children breaking their mammas camera...... Owning a phone without Skype or Whatsapp installed will now be a criminal offence 😜
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 06:48:27 PM by Davo »

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2022, 06:49:38 PM »
General Trenchcoat! 

Looks like some of what you said may become reality.  I don't see a real shooting war just yet though.  I don't envision Russia allowing itself to get involved in such a quagmire.  I could see the two regions of Donetsk and Luhansk becoming independent though.  If Ukraine tries to resist that from happening, I can see Russia throwing everything at them with overwhelming force.   

Let's see what Bisen and Company can do at their little summit.  By Putin being so aggressive it would seem that now everybody has something to lose, verses it being only a lose situation for Russia.  Perhaps Putin's thinking is, Ukraine can attempt to join the EU or NATO but they are going to lose some of their country in making this attempt.

I do wonder how the constant use of sanctions and threats against the Russian Nordstream 2 has played into Russia's thinking.  Since the US has been so miserable with China they now become close with Russia, which they may feel gives them additional latitude to take more aggressive steps.   I see the US winning big.   The conflict could provide the wedge preventing Russia from providing gas to Europe. The US would be delighted to 'help' out there! 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2022, 11:16:47 PM »
The Ukrainian President has just said that Ukraine isn't giving anything away,despite Putins statement , and that Putin can  basically do one

I found out yesterday that Ukraine received  Drones from Turkey that are basically Russian Tank busters with an excellent track record against them.

Boris said this evening we're looking to send more weapons to Ukraine.

I think unless they get some real heavy intercept missile capability to stop Russia's cruise missiles, etc then a lit of that stuff won't be making a difference in the right area and Ukraine's forces will be way too vulnerable as a result.

That's no doubt sone serious hardware that they need to do that. Possibly the UK etc could do a kind of Lend-Lease program like the US did with the UK during WWII. It really needs some big SAM installations or mobile SAM intercept missile gear to take out those missiles and likely a lot of them. Without that the Russians will just rain missiles down upon Ukraine's army and finish them off within minutes as I see it.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #493 on: February 22, 2022, 01:16:41 AM »
The invasion has been confirmed by Reuters.

Russian Tanks and Armoured Personnel Carriers have been seen entering the outskirts of Donetsk.

The Ukraine Ambassador to the UK, when asked what additional military help is needed in Ukraine, said they have enough anti-Tank weaponry to deal with Russia's Tanks,but weaponry to deal with Russia's air and naval superiority is needed.

Those on here who said Russia wouldn't invade Ukraine were clearly VERY wrong.

Putin and every Russian politician and diplomat asked about a potential invasion of Ukraine "We will not be invading Ukraine "

Russia then invades Ukraine.

What an untrustworthy nation Russia is.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 01:29:57 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline John Gaunt

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #494 on: February 22, 2022, 03:00:28 AM »

Russian Tanks and Armoured Personnel Carriers have been seen entering the outskirts of Donetsk.

The Ukraine Ambassador to the UK, when asked what additional military help is needed in Ukraine, said they have enough anti-Tank weaponry to deal with Russia's Tanks,but weaponry to deal with Russia's air and naval superiority is needed.

Putin and every Russian politician and diplomat asked about a potential invasion of Ukraine "We will not be invading Ukraine "

I wouldn’t call it an invasion yet.
They’ve just formalized their occupation of the illegal breakaway territories which they were doing covertly since 2014.
If they now move to expand their occupation to the whole of Donbas then I would call it an invasion.
But untrustworthy? Most definitely, Putin most certainly has a few screws lose.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2022, 04:31:00 AM »

Yep there is definitely egg that some posters will be wiping off face on here today :D

I wonder if Ukraine will now start calling up more conscripts now that the separatists have done so in Donbas & Luhansk. Some men Ukraine apparently already conscripts in but recently women have been asked to sign a conscript register for 'possible' conscription:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/12/27/ukraine-requires-women-register-military-conscription-russia-threat-looms.html/amp

As usual there are the get outs of being a student and for women being pregnant, children. I kind of wonder if it comes down to it how many would be called up or whether it's just a stunt to appease men and in reality none to few will be called up. In the west so called 'gender equality' and then bullsh*t is what we are used to. Ukraine is apparently more patriarchal so I am surprised they are even touting female conscription around.

I'm going to take a guess on this one that what are the chances that very few females will be conscripted and those that are will just get light sentry duty in unimportant military warehouses, barrack locations, work in admin, etc and the very few that want to be on the front line is only by their choosing and will probably be lesbians wanting to make a name for themselves. My guess is that this female conscription lark is all a big ruse to assure Ukrainian men that Ukrainian women are being drafted with them when really it's all just for show.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 09:22:48 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2022, 06:14:10 AM »
Germany has announced they're now halting certification of Nord-stream 2,without which gas cannot flow through the pipeline.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2022, 06:51:30 AM »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2022, 07:14:08 AM »
The biggest difference now is that they can put 12 Russian divisions if they want while before only put undercover military people plus special forces plus milicy.

The difference is huge, especially if you add the air, ECM, missiles, cyber attacks, and all the artillery stuff.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #499 on: February 22, 2022, 07:20:27 AM »
The article was written in easy-to-read English.

http://www.reuters.com/world/us-casts-doubt-biden-summit-with-putin-eyes-new-sanctions-tuesday-official-2022-02-21/

No surprise that Biden is bottling it.

All political parties in the UK have agreed it's a Russian  invasion of Ukraine  in Parliament today....and it's triggered  fresh sanctions from the UK

I wonder what Bidens's response would be if Mexico illegally annexed Texas, on behalf of the Mexican speakers there, and sent troops and Tanks in to hold it ?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 07:24:22 AM by Chelseaboy »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1968
Total: 1977

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM