It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 292777 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #525 on: February 23, 2022, 07:06:15 AM »
I have 5 ladies and two small children (Tanyas friend) on their way here right now that used just that to "escape". They drove through Poland yesterday and took the overnight ferry to Sweden so now we are preparing the house to accommodate them for a while.

One of them has her husband in the army near Mariupol right on the frontline and they have been shelled continually for 2 days now.

Yeah sounds about right the women scarper while the guys are put up to face it all lol. Anyway interesting to hear from a more local source how things are on the ground Nightwish. Sounds hellish being stuck in the trenches under such harsh conditions especially being shelled for 2 days straight, no doubt led to a few casualties.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #526 on: February 23, 2022, 07:47:03 AM »
The Ukrainian President is now calling forward conscripts from the reserve to join the the main regular army:

http://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-president-calls-up-reservists-launches-programme-economic-patriotism-2022-02-22/

If I were them I would be making use of that European Tourist visa-free scheme :D

Many of the great and the good have fled Ukraine as the article points out, wealthy businessmen, politicians, etc. I wouldn't see a need to fight if they aren't lol.
Reading your posts anyone would think you’re actually revelling at the prospect of conflict.
No doubt you think it’ll up your chances of ‘getting’ with a poor war refugee.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #527 on: February 23, 2022, 08:20:53 AM »
Reading your posts anyone would think you’re actually revelling at the prospect of conflict.
Nah...will remain our resident news anchor always.

It does seem as though the media wants a war to report on... no doubt fueled by military contractor lobbyists.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #528 on: February 23, 2022, 09:00:55 AM »

If that's Trench's thinking i suspect he's in for a nasty shock.

The hotties that are not being bused to Russia will be fleeing to Poland.

Once they're in Poland he'll have as much chance of pulling one of them as he has with a Polish girl...virtually nil..as they'll be hooking up with the local Polish guys as a way to remain there.

As for the few remaining in Ukraine then they'll be the benefits of conquest for the occupying Russian troops..bearing in mind General Trench has stated the Ukrainian forces will be obliterated by the Russian forces within a couple of days.

Russian troops are well-known for their treatment of women in occupied countries...as in Germany.

Plus the fact Trench,being a Brit and with our country in the forefront of  helping Ukrainians kill Russian troops.he'll be far from welcome in a Russia occupied Ukraine or Russia..he might not even get out of the airport in one piece,

Nope,if things go as Trench believes,then he can forget about finding a wife/girlfriend in Ukraine now....it's all over for him there and in Russia .

Philippines or Thailand are his best options...plenty of edgy bad girls who dress in a slutty way he likes working the bars there who'll be only too happy to shack up with a Brit.

He might even find a Russian or Ukrainian girl there...Pattaya is full of them.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 09:11:08 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline John Gaunt

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #529 on: February 23, 2022, 09:21:01 AM »

Our Trench isn’t known for his listening skills since he ignores sound advice here unless it fits with his peculiar theories.

Philippines or Thailand are his best options...plenty of edgy bad girls who dress in a slutty way he likes working the bars there who'll be only too happy to shack up with a Brit.
He might be in for a shock with those pretty lil things and get more than he paid bargained for.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #530 on: February 23, 2022, 09:55:06 AM »

Once they're in Poland he'll have as much chance of pulling one of them as he has with a Polish girl...virtually nil..as they'll be hooking up with the local Polish guys as a way to remain there.

As for the few remaining in Ukraine then they'll be the benefits of conquest for the occupying Russian troops..bearing in mind General Trench has stated the Ukrainian forces will be obliterated by the Russian forces within a couple of days.

Russian troops are well-known for their treatment of women in occupied countries...as in Germany.

Plus the fact Trench,being a Brit and with our country in the forefront of  helping Ukrainians kill Russian troops.he'll be far from welcome in a Russia occupied Ukraine or Russia..he might not even get out of the airport in one piece,

Nope,if things go as Trench believes,then he can forget about finding a wife/girlfriend in Ukraine now....it's all over for him there and in Russia .

He might even find a Russian or Ukrainian girl there...Pattaya is full of them.

I think worst case scenario you could be right CB. I think me, Pat, Steven & CB, etc will have to hope on Ukraine being made a puppet state and not incorporated into Russia. With a bit of luck they'll still allow tourist visa-free scheme as before to keep up the appearance of being still somewhat autonomous to the outside world. If that occurs we may ironically be better off than before as at least then we won't have Ukraine having close ties or even seeking membership with the EU and that raining on our parade. The Ukrainian visa-free EU scheme for its citizens will then probably be stopped and matters will be as they used to be in Ukraine again.

Poland idk, there is that, that the hottest girls may try to get with a Polish guy but there's the Religious difference, then a bit of cultural issues - the way the Polish value Ukrainian ms, etc. Also many Polish may already have wives, etc. Could be that our search for a Ukrainian girl takes us to Poland in future lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #531 on: February 23, 2022, 11:24:56 AM »

I'm not revelling in the prospect of war between Russia & Ukraine at all Gaunty. None of it is my doing nor do I take any joy in the matter merely a keen interest as it's a country vans people I have great interest with, the women obviously mainly but I do have sympathy for the Ukrainian guys out there who are having to stomach it all.

Unfortunately, I can see little good news on the horizon for Ukrainians, the ball really is in Russia's court, specifically Putin on how it goes down from here and how much suffering is inflicted upon Ukrainians as a result.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #532 on: February 23, 2022, 11:26:34 AM »
Our Secretary of State for Defence Ben Wallace  said Putin "has gone full tonto ".

That means Taken Lunacy to a new level...easy English for you to read GQBlues.

Offline Nightwish

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #533 on: February 23, 2022, 11:56:48 AM »

<sniped>

well five of them arrived in Sweden today, five gorgeous Ukrainian ladies in their 30's will be occupying our home for the foreseeable future. If Trench wasn't such an ass I would invite him to come here and meet them, but.. naaah I would not do that to any lady, that would be a punishment worse than staying in Ukraine.

The checkpoint to Poland was really congested yesterday, a lot of women and children going to relatives already in west Europe. Took the girls over 4 hours to get across even though Polish borderguards just waived them through quickly after checking that they had valid passports, didn't even bother to question them where they where going.

I can just imagine the pressure on the border if Russia starts a bigger invasion targeting Kyiv and other bigger cities.

Mariupol is in Putins sight, he wants that landbridge to Crimea and the deployment of Ukrainian troops there around Mariupol is massive already, they expect a charge at any time, shelling has been going on endlessly for the last two days and when one of them here got a videocall from her husband on the front we could both see and hear the shells falling and the explosions.

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #534 on: February 23, 2022, 12:02:57 PM »
Our Secretary of State for Defence Ben Wallace  said Putin "has gone full tonto ".

That means Taken Lunacy to a new level...easy English for you to read GQBlues.

As I've exemplified in more than one occasion about you, pretty obvious the 'ability to read and comprehend' isn't mutual.

Invasion yet?  >:D
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Nightwish

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #535 on: February 23, 2022, 12:11:47 PM »

As I've exemplified in more than one occasion about you, pretty obvious the 'ability to read and comprehend' isn't mutual.

Invasion yet?  >:D
Yes, the invasion started 2014

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #536 on: February 23, 2022, 12:22:33 PM »
Yes, the invasion started 2014

I guess for Europeans, there isn't a distinction between a civil war from an invasion. Cannibalism is cannibalism, I suppose.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Nightwish

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #537 on: February 23, 2022, 12:35:21 PM »

I guess for Europeans, there isn't a distinction between a civil war from an invasion. Cannibalism is cannibalism, I suppose.

"Some" Americans are obviously not well educated in the simplest geography, not surprised though, let me explain this simply for you

Russia IS NOT Ukraine
In Russian: россия не украина
In programming language: Russia != Ukraine

Crimea is part of Ukraine - Crimea was invaded by Russia 2014

I know you often act stupid but You can not be this stupid?

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #538 on: February 23, 2022, 12:42:37 PM »
"Some" Americans are obviously not well educated in the simplest geography, not surprised though, let me explain this simply for you

Russia IS NOT Ukraine

How ironic. Crimea at the time was an autonomous state.

Stupid much?

Offline Nightwish

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #539 on: February 23, 2022, 12:49:30 PM »

How ironic. Crimea at the time was an autonomous state.

Stupid much?
Yes, yes you are.

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #540 on: February 23, 2022, 12:53:29 PM »
Yes, yes you are.

>:D  Happy to edooket another European.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #541 on: February 23, 2022, 01:23:46 PM »
Crimea was an autonomous republic within the Ukrainian state.  It was not an independent country.  It was a subdivision of Ukraine.  Yes, it was invaded by Russia in 2014.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #542 on: February 23, 2022, 01:59:52 PM »
well five of them arrived in Sweden today, five gorgeous Ukrainian ladies in their 30's will be occupying our home for the foreseeable future. If Trench wasn't such an ass I would invite him to come here and meet them, but.. naaah I would not do that to any lady, that would be a punishment worse than staying in Ukraine.

The checkpoint to Poland was really congested yesterday, a lot of women and children going to relatives already in west Europe. Took the girls over 4 hours to get across even though Polish borderguards just waived them through quickly after checking that they had valid passports, didn't even bother to question them where they where going.

I can just imagine the pressure on the border if Russia starts a bigger invasion targeting Kyiv and other bigger cities.

Mariupol is in Putins sight, he wants that landbridge to Crimea and the deployment of Ukrainian troops there around Mariupol is massive already, they expect a charge at any time, shelling has been going on endlessly for the last two days and when one of them here got a videocall from her husband on the front we could both see and hear the shells falling and the explosions.

Ah see we have that Husky back on here again licking at me balls ;D

It looks like many Ukrainians are making their way to western Ukraine to Lviv in particular according to this article:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-22/as-russia-inches-closer-to-war-lviv-has-become-a-sanctuary/100851494

They are no doubt hedging their bets and thinking if Russia invades then they can do a quick sprint to the Polish border. I'm thinking they may be taken by surprise by a quick push by Russian possibly even some Belarusian troops from the North. They reckon 1-2 Millon mostly Ukrainians will try to cross, but what are the odds that Putin know this and will try to race forward as fast as possible to cut off the 'escape route'. May all depend on Putin's plans for Ukraine, if he is looking to incorporate the whole of Ukraine into the Russian Federation then he'll want to keep his hands on as much of the population as possible to work there. If his intentions is to set up a puppet government then he might figure those that cross the border might soon return, although he might still try to rush to close the border just in case.

So if I were in Lviv I wouldn't necessarily count on crossing quick especially as loads of others will be clogging up the roads and railways to do the same. Lviv may not look far on the map from the Polish border but it still takes a but of time to get there and that may become an issue for some I'm thinking.

I think Putin will be wanting to get his hands on Mariupol pretty eagerly as it's worth in being a Maritime Port on the Black Sea makes it strategically worthy. I'm not so sure he'll be that bothered about a land bridge to Crimea now that he has his sea bridge built there. What Putin decides to take and whether he might partition Ukraine we'll have to wait and see I guess.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 02:04:49 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #543 on: February 23, 2022, 02:01:37 PM »
Crimea was an autonomous republic within the Ukrainian state.  It was not an independent country.  It was a subdivision of Ukraine.  Yes, it was invaded by Russia in 2014.

Like I said, Crimea was an autonomous state in 2014. Not sure which part of that was difficult to understand.

Invasion: an outside attack, 'entering', 'intrusion', 'penetration' et al...another territory or country.

tsk, tsk, tsk...

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #544 on: February 23, 2022, 02:06:55 PM »

Russia IS NOT Ukraine

Oh yes he is..he shows it with practically every post he makes. :cluebat:

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #545 on: February 23, 2022, 02:11:46 PM »

Oh yes he is..he shows it with practically every post he makes. :cluebat:

GQ, the eagle high above the turkeys.

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #546 on: February 23, 2022, 03:15:12 PM »
"Autonomous republic" is merely an administratinve designation.  Their budget came from Kyiv.  Their currency was the hyrvnia.  They had no independent foreign policy.  They were akin to Quebec in Canada - even less so, as they had no immigration powers.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:31:56 PM by AnonMod »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #547 on: February 23, 2022, 03:38:41 PM »
"Autonomous republic" is merely an administratinve designation.  Their budget came from Kyiv.  Their currency as the hyrvnia.  They had no independent foreign policy.  They were akin to Quebec in Canada - even less so, as they had no immigration powers.

Its a 'legal' designation. Crimea still retained the right to choose their own governance. They voted for their annexation to Russia convincingly, and for anyone who would like to dispute that outcome, a poll was conducted 2 years ago and the majority still favored the annexation. And this...

Crimean residents are almost universally positive toward Russia. At least nine-in-ten have confidence in Putin (93%) and say Russia is playing a positive role in Crimea (92%). Confidence in Obama is almost negligible at 4%, and just 2% think the U.S. is having a good influence on the way things are going on the Crimean peninsula[/size].[/color][/size]

Do not make the mistake to think I'm a fan of Putin. There's enough posts of mine in this very board that would openly dispute that. As an American, Ukraine nd Russia have a much deeper history together than most neighboring nations today. It is up to their own peoples to determine their own fate. The last thing I would hate to see is having the US having to stick its snotty nose in this current volatile situation -  AGAIN. There was plenty enough Ukrainians, and Russians, that died in 2014 bloodying our hands with it. Enough.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:53:40 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #548 on: February 23, 2022, 03:58:14 PM »
HAHAHA.  Yeah, sure.  They voted for annexation.  Just like Czechoslovakia voted for annexation to Germany in 1938.

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #549 on: February 23, 2022, 04:32:04 PM »
HAHAHA.  Yeah, sure.  They voted for annexation.  Just like Czechoslovakia voted for annexation to Germany in 1938.

Apples and oranges anyone?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541301
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3883
Most Online Ever: 12701