It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 287559 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #625 on: February 25, 2022, 06:39:11 AM »
The Talibans are now calling for seizure of hostilities and maintain peace with Ukraine and Russia. They are very concerned for civilian lives.  :o

http://www.newsweek.com/taliban-calls-russia-ukraine-peace-fear-civilians-afghanistan-1682616?amp=1

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #626 on: February 25, 2022, 06:40:12 AM »
For the moment the full-scale invasion hasn't started yet.
This is just a special operation.
But as Ukraine resists more casualties and destruction will come.
Urban warfare will push more civilians into the casualties column and will force RF to bring more military power into action.
Consequently more losses... Loop.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #627 on: February 25, 2022, 06:40:56 AM »
The Talibans are now calling for seizure of hostilities and maintain peace with Ukraine and Russia. They are very concerned for civilian lives.  :o

http://www.newsweek.com/taliban-calls-russia-ukraine-peace-fear-civilians-afghanistan-1682616?amp=1

Incredible!
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #628 on: February 25, 2022, 07:00:39 AM »
One of the funnier cartoons I've seen. 
I'm going to have to try greeting clients in that position at my shop.
I wouldn't recommend it.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #629 on: February 25, 2022, 07:04:23 AM »
The Talibans are now calling for seizure of hostilities and maintain peace with Ukraine and Russia. They are very concerned for civilian lives.
Isn't a seizure when someone falls down and starts shaking and stuff?   

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #630 on: February 25, 2022, 07:05:37 AM »
Some robotic bloke from the Russian military just said Russian troops took that airfield outside Kiev yesterday ,killing 200 Ukrainian troops and suffering no casualties.

I find those figures highly unlikely and the Russians have shown themselves to be liars.

Both countries can be frugal with the truth...so who knows what is true and what is false.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #631 on: February 25, 2022, 07:22:01 AM »
Isn't a seizure when someone falls down and starts shaking and stuff?

Yes it is. Whacha expect, it’s 5 AM and haven’t had my smoothie. :P

Hillary Clinton had come out blaming Trump for the current fate of Ukraine. Now, that’s what I call an alternate reality.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #632 on: February 25, 2022, 07:25:20 AM »
I very much doubt that Putin would have invaded Ukraine if Trump was still President of the USA.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #633 on: February 25, 2022, 07:51:28 AM »
That short video of the "ghost of Kyiv " has been shown to be false by the BBC.

A lot of the video's out there of the war in Ukraine are false,although the one of the Russian tank deliberately crushing the car with the motorist still inside was true.

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #634 on: February 25, 2022, 08:04:58 AM »
Good news the EU is now going to freeze the assets of Mad Vlad and his henchman Lavrov in Europe. :)
I'm not sure if what you stated is accurate, but I would say that isn't good news.    We (The US) started freezing Japanese assets prior to pearl harbor.  Japan considered it an act of war. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Muzh

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #635 on: February 25, 2022, 08:09:20 AM »
Less than the leftists have been doing for the past 50 years.  :deadhorse:

Last reply on this:

It must be eating your insides that these "leftists" are the only ones fighting to preserve the constitution and democracy.  8)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #636 on: February 25, 2022, 08:34:41 AM »
I'm not sure if what you stated is accurate, but I would say that isn't good news.    We (The US) started freezing Japanese assets prior to pearl harbor.  Japan considered it an act of war. 

Fathertime!

Just been confirmed on the BBC.

It's also in the Financial Times and Forbes.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 08:38:50 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #637 on: February 25, 2022, 08:40:55 AM »
Apparently, the battle to gain control of Kiev by the Ruskies may well go down like this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10551463/Russian-plan-Kyiv-revealed-intelligence.html
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Muzh

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #638 on: February 25, 2022, 08:57:05 AM »
Russian prisoner in Kharkiv confessing commander ordered to shoot civilians.

http://www.facebook.com/1001283403/videos/657971581973233/
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #639 on: February 25, 2022, 09:24:00 AM »
Unfortunately, the US these days have but a few, reliable journalists for the public to get unvarnished reliable news and reports. Hell, even social media driven by the big tech are highly unreliable.

So if any of the news outlet/s outside of the US have current reports about any NATO ally (aside from the US of course) had actually, or is beginning to, sent their nation's young further into eastern Europe to reinforce member nations closest to the hostilities. Do oblige.

For the life of me. all that's reported here in the US is sleepy Joe sending thousands of US troops to eastern Europe, but I don't see reports of France, Belgium, the UK, doing the same. I know a month or so ago, the UK did consider sending maybe a hundred, but that was before the invasion.

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #640 on: February 25, 2022, 09:43:47 AM »
So the alliance, after months of declaring there will be serious and severe economic sanction will be levied upon Russia if it ever invade Ukraine, most notably - depriving Russia from usage of SWIFT.

Now that the chicken had come to roost, it's evident that was merely a giant bluff. Germany and Belgium would much prefer preserving their nation's economic state than to administer their loyalty to the 'unity of an alliance'.

Interesting. Money still trumps integrity.

Offline Muzh

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #641 on: February 25, 2022, 10:34:27 AM »
So the alliance, after months of declaring there will be serious and severe economic sanction will be levied upon Russia if it ever invade Ukraine, most notably - depriving Russia from usage of SWIFT.

Now that the chicken had come to roost, it's evident that was merely a giant bluff. Germany and Belgium would much prefer preserving their nation's economic state than to administer their loyalty to the 'unity of an alliance'.

Interesting. Money still trumps integrity.

SWIFT is a lot more to that. All nations (about 11,000 financial institutions) rely on SWIFT.  In addition, SWIFT is NOT governed by anyone, it is an agreement between institutions.

Let's say that the majority of these institutions agree to deny Russia, which they can't. Russia has their own version of SWIFT, albeit not that efficient (for many reasons.) This would strengthen Russia's SWIFT which would undermine the West's ability to do finance. Not a good thing. Except for those who would love to see this country go to hell. And I'm not talking about the Russians or Chinese.  :P

Offline Muzh

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #642 on: February 25, 2022, 10:42:35 AM »
http://fb.watch/boPDzznZ5a/  (Warning: very graphic)

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #643 on: February 25, 2022, 11:01:29 AM »

SWIFT is a lot more to that. All nations (about 11,000 financial institutions) rely on SWIFT.  In addition, SWIFT is NOT governed by anyone, it is an agreement between institutions.

Let's say that the majority of these institutions agree to deny Russia, which they can't. Russia has their own version of SWIFT, albeit not that efficient (for many reasons.) This would strengthen Russia's SWIFT which would undermine the West's ability to do finance. Not a good thing. Except for those who would love to see this country go to hell. And I'm not talking about the Russians or Chinese.  :P

Then one wonders why even table this as a major part of their planned sanctioning tool? Report had it that Germany stood to lose as much as 150 Billion dollars if they did in fact complied to it. Sleepy Joe yesterday, when asked why, simply said 'we we're asked not to include this as part of the package (sanction)'. Did they not realize the fallacy using this as a threat against Russia?

Offline Muzh

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #644 on: February 25, 2022, 12:20:59 PM »
Why don't you ask that at your next WH intelligence briefing?

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #645 on: February 25, 2022, 12:25:20 PM »
Why don't you ask that at your next WH intelligence briefing?

Well I thought this was a reason you rode along as a call for cavalry?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #646 on: February 25, 2022, 01:00:21 PM »
Update so far:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10550799/Ukraine-hits-airfield-Russia-missile-strike-blow-Putin-downing-six-helicopters.html

Looks like Putin's troops are sustaining a lot of losses. Ukraine some as well but it looks like Russia moreso. Apparently Russian troops are in a Kyivian suburb five miles north of the city centre. Whether the Russian advance will ground to a halt before it reaches the city centre who knows but they seem to be making slow progress. Many Russian helicopters and planes shot down and many Russian tanks destroyed with the anti tank rocket launchers the US & UK gave them.

All in all I kind of expected the Russian forces to go about it differently than this. They knew the Ukrainians had been given anti tank stuff yet they thrust all of their tanks and artillery in the line of fire when to my mind they should have thrown all their air power at them first then encircled the cities and cut of supply routes. To my mind there just doesn't seem any real thought or much planning at all by the Russians they just seem to think they can overpower the Ukrainians by brute force. I'm just not sure what the Russians are doing with all of their army whether they are throwing all they've got against the Ukrainians. If the Ukrainians can keep holding out against the Russians then who knows.

At least it's good to see the equipment we gave them paying off, if they can grind the Russians down enough it might be enough to put the Russians off.

Putin meanwhile is trying to get the Ukrainian military to overthrow Zelensky. Whether this is his signal to those within Ukraine that are willing to work with the Russians to jump into action or just desperation who knows, we'll find out soon I guess.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #648 on: February 25, 2022, 03:40:12 PM »

Sky news interviewing Russians in Moscow tonight ..and they're saying for the first time in their lives they feel ashamed to be Russian..except for one old bat who said the reporter was lying about Kiev and Kharkiv being bombed by Russia.

Once again Mad Vlad pleading with the Ukrainian troops to turn on their drug-taking neo Nazi  :rolleyes:  President...the response was injured Ukrainian troops in hospitals saying they're going to get  out of their beds to fight the Russians again.

Russia has so far failed to take any major Ukraine cities.

Interestingly China didn't support Russia in the UN Security Council vote just now...seems they could be turning their back on Mad Vlad.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 04:06:42 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #649 on: February 25, 2022, 05:33:38 PM »
Kyivians bracing themselves for an all out assault on their Capital tonight by Russian troops. They've basically got to throw the lot at them and hope they can hold the Russians off from reaching the city centre and taking Kyiv. If they can do that then there's a chance they can hold them off for quite some time. We'll see later in the morning how it went.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1874
Total: 1885

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM