It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newbie Looking for advice  (Read 11711 times)

Offline jjschwegman

Newbie Looking for advice
« on: November 02, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »
I've recently decided to looking into eastern women (Russian/Ukrainian) women.  I looked at a few sites, and stayed away from the ones where every girl is an 11...come on really?  I settled on UkraineDate and RussianCupid.  It's affordable, and has a mix of ages and looks from the not so attractive to the really good looking, plus their is a Cupid based site for every nationality, color, creed, you name it, so it is a legitimate business.  I've used the American site before, without any luck, but I think it's legitimate. 

I've talked with a few women from both sites.  I'm 53, she was 40, very cute.  I wanted to do a video chat with her to make sure she wasn't a large, hairy Russian man writing me letters.  She made some excuse why she couldn't and that was a red flag.  She even sent me copies of her passport and other things to prove her identify.  so I signed up for Socialcatfish, which has very good face recognition searching, and wouldn't you know it, turns out she is a model and tv personality....scam all over it.

Weeks later talking with a new Ukrainian girl who is 32 with a 5 year old girl.  She is a kindergarten teacher.  I've read the threads on age differences and understand the larger the age difference, the larger possibility of a scam.  On a side note, and without sounding like an arrogant asshole, I am a good looking  guy, I'm in excellent shape, I'm highly educated and own my own successful company, and I have dated women in the US with similar age differences, so it is within the possibility that this could be legit.  I did a facial recognition search on Socialcatfish, and nothing popped up.  She couldn't do a video chat because the daughter broke the camera...ok, red flag, but she did have an older phone where the camera works, so she was able to take a custom picture for me with a customized note and giving me a peace sign...ok good.  She's even willing to have a phone call with me, which we haven't had yet, but will.  I've seen pictures of her with her daughter, etc.  She told me straight up that she wants to find a husband and father for her daughter, which sounds brutally honest, which I like, and I can't blame her for wanting to get the hell out of there.   I told her I wanted to plan a trip to her town to visit, which she said is not a good idea due to the conflict (eastern Ukraine).  I checked the State Department web site, and it said under no circumstance should you go there as an American.  So, I'm thinking of meeting her in Greece sometime in the new year.  I will of course pay for her travel, but will be doing all of the booking of tickets and not sending her money other than maybe some to help out with her passport cost.  Travel costs and stays in Greece are stupid cheap these days, and it has been on my bucket list of places to go, so by flying her out and getting her a room would only set me back about $800, which if she doesn't show, and I should be able to get back most of that.  Even if she is just looking for a paid trip to Greece, $800 doesn't sound like much to find out if she is really looking for what she stated. 

So, am I missing anything, or is there something else I should be doing to help me legitimize this?  She was agreeable to sending me the custom photo as she said we should both verify that we are who we way we are. 

Any advice from those with experience would be greatly appreciated.   

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Newbie Looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 02:01:44 PM »
Welcome 🙂

Subscription and free sites are where you need to be to find a genuine woman, but you have to negotiate the usual email scammers.... It’s good you’re doing your basic scam checks and identifying scammers, now you need to learn how a genuine woman behaves during the online part of this adventure, compared to a scammer..... It’s like chalk and cheese.

I’d be very suspicious of the woman from Eastern Ukraine. Many scammers are using the conflict as a cover story.....I’ve come across at least 10 in the past few years, all had problems with their phone, camera and internet. These scammers will send convincing photos, often stolen from VK and FB and some will also arrange female aquatints to call you as further proof or the woman in the profile can be part of the scam ring.

Genuine women would be offended at being asked for a proof of legitimacy photo, only scammers and PPL girls use this tactic..... Real women video chat as proof and will go to extreme lengths to make this happen almost immediately in your correspondence with them, so they know you’re legitimate, there’s chemistry and you’re not wasting their time. Real women won’t go longer than a few days with a broken camera on their phone or computer. It’s the main tool they use if they’re serious about foreign dating and making a quick choice if they will continue corresponding with a man or move on. If they can’t afford a new quality phone immediately, they can buy cheap 2nd hand phones in markets for as little as $10..... I’ll be optimistic and the woman or man you’re taking to is a 99% chance of being a scammer, she’s waving lots of red flags

It’s best to avoid any profile that claims to be from the war zone. Any men actively using the legitimate dating sites regularly will tell you the same..... You’ll find many articles online reporting on this topic.

“Lugansk in certain circles of the dating industry has the reputation of  being Ukraine’s unofficial capital of scammers, spammers and other seedy personalities orbiting on the periphery of the decent online dating industry with the only purpose on their minds – to rip off foreign men who are looking for a soul mate in Internet”

I’ve talked to many genuine women on sites like you’re using and the ones who liked me, have all followed the same routine...... After a few hours to a week chatting on the dating site, we move off to WhatsApp or Skype and we video chat immediately. If there’s mutual chemistry we share our contact details.... address, phone number, email, social media etc... and our lives through videos, pictures, regular calls and video chat..... Usually we would video chat and call for 2-10 hours a week, including when she’s out and about showing you her city in real time. Depending on the time difference and her ability to chat at work she’ll message anywhere from 2 - 12 hours a day and share hundreds of pictures in the first couple of weeks (one sent me over 500!!) ..... If you aren’t seeing at least the minimum I described, I wouldn’t be visiting the woman on a WOVO trip. 

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:02:35 PM by Davo »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 04:38:05 PM »
If you aren’t seeing at least the minimum I described, I wouldn’t be visiting the woman on a WOVO trip.

Same but stronger from me.

Don't do a WOVO trip to anyone . . . for a first meeting.

Life is too short, and spare time is too limited to waste on a WOVO.

Go here for Pursuing FSUW 101.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 04:40:22 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Davo

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 04:41:01 PM »

I was going to say you WMVM guys would want to see similar behaviour from the women you’re chatting with too, but maybe scale back the intensity due to the sheer amount of time needed to keep 5 women on the go at once.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 04:51:31 PM by Davo »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 06:46:14 AM »

Go here for Pursuing FSUW 101.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0
I don’t agree.
WOVO does work.
It did for me.
Quite happy with the result.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 12:18:41 PM »
Where is she in Eastern Ukraine?  Whether or not it is safe depends on where she lives.

You could visit her in Kyiv.  In fact, I think this is much better than funding a trip in an EU country before you've actually met.  There are trains daily, even from the conflict zone.  $200 would more than cover the cost, in fact, she would make a profit.  But, it's a small price to pay if you're serious.   She probably would have to come over a weekend if she's a teacher, or during the holiday period in January.  If she's in Donetsk, the train ride is about 13 hours.

If this woman is real, the other issue is the father of her child.  If he is listed on the child's birth certificate, his permission is required if the girl is to leave the country.  That often means the WM will be paying a significant bribe to the father.  There is one former poster here who broke off a relationship because the father, who allegedly was not involved in the child's life, refused to allow her to leave (so I doubt he was uninvolved).  That will be a risk with any woman from Ukraine who has a child.  I don't know if the same issue exists in Russia.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 12:49:10 PM »
Also, if you want to know if she's a scammer, tell her you will visit her in Kyiv and that you will pay for her transportation there.  Ask how much money she needs to get to Kyiv.  Her answer will tell you if she is a scammer.

You could also try to contact Alex

http://www.luganskukraine.info/Default.aspx

I don't think he lives in Lugansk now, but he speaks excellent English, and can give you a good update of what's going on in the region.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 01:03:33 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 01:31:33 PM »
Meet up in Ukraine is a way better idea than a meet up in Greece. Kyiv (Kiev) is the capital city so the biggest Ukrainian city and avoids any extra transfer flights within Ukraine. The best part of meeting up in Ukraine is if she turns out to be a no show, scammer or one or both of you don't get on together or no chemistry then you can (in theory) call up a load more girls for a quick meet up. That can't be done as easily in Greece, not saying you couldn't meet a Greek girl but Ukrainians tend to be fairly ready on that front.

I you can get more than one girl interested online then I would do a visit many (VM) if you struggle to get one girl interested every so often then I would do a visit one (VO) simply because you'll struggle to get meet many to work if you can't get many interested at once.

I've done a few VO's and while I've had some good times to be honest I would agree with the above that life is too short to commit to one girl where there may be no chemistry. So if several girls show interest then meet several girls.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 01:33:27 PM »
It's not Kiev, it's Kyiv.

Offline Davo

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2021, 02:03:19 PM »
He’ll know if she’s a scammer, the demand for money for her sick grandmother, child or personal emergency won’t be too far away..... I’d be asking if she can go to an internet cafe or use a friend or colleagues phone to video chat and see what her excuse is.... Honestly a real woman would have done this already if she had a legitimate problem with her phone, so not to appear like a scammer. Real women are smart they know all about the red flags men look for, hence the difference between PPL profile pictures and those on the legitimate sites.... Also you have to realize women will probably have to chat with 50-100 men before they find a man they are compatible with who’s willing to travel and not a keyboard Romeo..... They won’t waste weeks or months chatting with a man they haven’t seen face to face via video..... I wouldn’t waste any more time on this woman. I’ve never met  any women with a phone, camera, internet problem who wasn’t a scammer..... There’s literally 100’s of Eastern Ukrainian women on the Black lists with broken cameras.... There’s a business idea for you in Ukraine trench..... Camera repair man 😉

Boe is right, one of the first things to ask a single mother is her child’s relationship with the father and if he’d let the child relocate to another country.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 02:28:53 PM by Davo »

Offline jjschwegman

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2021, 03:41:52 PM »
Thanks so much everyone for the great advice everyone.  I will plan on meeting her in Kiev instead and see how it goes, and I'll be sure and post my story.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2021, 04:59:45 PM »
Any man paying for a woman's travel before you have met and established a 'real' relationship is a fool. Don't do it.

It's been a few years since I used RussianCupid (UkraineDate is basically the same site). There are real women there, I've dated a few, but it's mostly scammers and 'women of the night'. Would not use it again. The only paid site I would consider recommending (given that you are 53) is Elena's Models, though I'd question the value for the cost. Dating apps are the place to be. You'll find plenty of women in their 30s and 40s on Tinder and Badoo who are looking for a relationship.

Avoid women from the conflict zone in Eastern Ukraine. Personally I'd skip Ukraine entirely.

Don't travel to meet one woman. Set up multiple prospects if you travel for dating.

Offline Davo

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 06:21:27 PM »
Thanks so much everyone for the great advice everyone.  I will plan on meeting her in Kiev instead and see how it goes, and I'll be sure and post my story.

Please don’t make any plans until you’re seeing weekly video chats with her.... I don’t want to see you disappointed. The chance she’s not a scammer is about 1%

I’ve lost count of the scammers I’ve met over the last few years ..... The following are messages from 3 of them. Do their messages look similar to the womans initial messages?.... These are cut and paste messages with your name entered. After they hook you you get passed onto an English writer who will write specific messages just for you, that are more personal.

Real women don’t write like this and often it’s a challenge to break the ice and get any real depth to their first few messages, in fact usually until  you’ve video chatted they give you very little in depth details about their lives..... They won’t invest in you until they can see you’re real and trust you.

Darya, is as lazy as it gets....Can’t be bothered even putting my name in the message and wants to call me “you”. She’s straight to the point.... No computer at home, no internet, broken phone
and is using an old one with no camera. She doesn’t have Whatsapp, Skype etc... either!!

Hi.
Thank you for your interest in my humble person :)
I am very pleased to start communicating with you.
I will immediately address you to "You". You do not mind? It's easier for me to communicate :)
I'll tell you briefly about myself.
My name is Darya. I am Russian. I am 38 years old. My birthday is May 15, 1982. By horoscope I am Taurus.
My height is 175 cm. Yes, I am tall :) My weight is 60 kg.
I live in Russia. The city is called Krasnodar. This is the south of Russia. Just 100 kilometers from the Black Sea.
I'm not married. I have been divorced for 2 years. I have no children. I live alone in an apartment.
I work as a designer in a building materials store. I sit at the computer all day.
I write letters from work, as it is more convenient for me. I don’t have a computer at home and no internet. I don't need this at home.
Various messengers, such as viber, whatsapp, skype, I do not have.
It used to be everything, but the smartphone broke down and now I have a temporary regular phone, no camera and no Internet access.
So I can only communicate via e-mail from my work computer when I have free time.
Hope this is not a problem for you.
I know a little English, but very bad. But I'm ready to learn a foreign language. I just don't need it now.
On a dating site I'm looking for a man for a serious relationship. For 2 years I have been divorced and it is lonely for me to live alone.
I miss my beloved man next to me. A woman I know found a man in Spain via the Internet and now lives there. They love each other very much.
I also decided to try my luck and find a good man. Maybe it will work.
I have questions for you.
What's your name? How can I call you?
What country and what city do you live in?
How old are you?
Are you looking for a serious relationship?
Do you have children? Have you been married?
Do you have a desire to continue communicating with me?
I will be grateful if you answer these questions.
I believe that when meeting over the Internet, it is important to answer each other's questions.
I hope that you are a little interested in me and you will continue to communicate with me :)
I would like to wish you a good mood.
Darya.

My warm greetings with warm and bright minds Dave)))
How a re you doing??? I hope that at you very well and I wish to you just only all best)))
Thank you again Dave for your attention on Internet Dating Site. Now I hope to start serious association with you.
From all my heart I want to thank you for the attention you expressed to me, and for that has not left my sympathy and has answered to me. I very much hope what is it only beginning of our warm serious dialogue and we shall know each other much better)))
Im just serious here Dave and hope you also will give your serious attention to our association, will read my letters with attention and will let me know about you more, not just some not serious lines. I dont trust such messages if it only in some words - Im sure its first sign of that its not serious!
I hope we both looking for just serious relations for bright future Dave.
Many woman and man not serious in Internet dating and play just games, for fun and money, Im sure its dirty. Im just for serious and honest here, dont take your time and lost my time for any not serious!
First of all certainly I shall tell more in detail about myself.
My full name is Anna Dave - Russian name, but I know that its not just in Russia and use in different countries, the parents call me Anuta, friends Anechka, Ann. Of course you can use any forms you want, I will be glad to all)))
As you know Im from Russia, from beautiful, but not so large city Yaroslavl.
Yaroslavl - the third largest town in the Central Federal District and the oldest city in the country with more than 500,000 people. Yaroslavl - one of the oldest Russian cities, founded in the XI century, in 2010 the city celebrated its millennium. Day of the City of Yaroslavl is usually celebrated on the last Saturday of May (in 2010, the millennium celebration of the city was held from 10 to 12 September). The historic city center, situated at the confluence of the Volga and Kotorosl is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Yaroslavl is traditionally considered one of the main objects of the Golden Ring of Russia.
Dave I have finished university, faculty of social psychology. I liked to be fond of psychology in school period and I did not think long what science I shall study. It is a very deep science, I think that I shall tell about her more in due course))) My branch the social psychology was called, actually in this area I work now. Dave I work with which children the parents, with unsuccessful children have thrown. I am very happy to have such job because I like children, though yet I have no, I am very happy that I can to make their difficult life better, to see their smiles, to hear of laughter))) children have not deserved burning, only of happiness, in hands of the adults to make by their happy)
Now Dave I live separately from the parents, I rent flat, because I aspire to independence. Whenever possible I help them))) From time to time to me uneasily, but I not sad for me and never complain)))
I very much like theatre, cinema, reading, art and art places. Not on me noisy places like dances. Very much I like to go for a walk, to reflect)))
Very much I want to be happy in love, marriage, my future family Dave. I did not have some more serious relations, because it is serious for me a step. I very much do not like which play with feelings. The trust is very important. I am confused little about Internet Dating, a little I am afraid, but I think it temporarily. I am sure that if I really will grow fond of that I shall do all that mine the man was happy... What such love??? For me it is warm, trust, tenderness, dedication to each other. To divide life together. I hope it will move fine way)))
Dave I think that while it is all. But I think and very much I hope what is it only beginning)))
Very much I hope to continue our association.
I am very much interested in you Dave. I hope it will be also from you.
Very much I wait for the following letter and more fotos please!!!)))
In total to you best)))
Take care
Ann

Good morning dear Davo!)
Today is a wonderful day, because today we have Christmas, I want to congratulate you on this wonderful holiday,I want to wish you sincere love,Peace and Goodness,let happiness fills the heart and there will always be comfort in the house,healthy and happy loved ones!
Davo I will tell you a little bit about yourself:
probably start the story from work, because now I'm at work, I work at the plant for the production of mayonnaise, ketchup and different sauces, my work at the computer with the program 1C zhto accounting and control of goods in the warehouse, sending goods to the machines and at the destination, the work is not particularly interesting,but work because here the salary is more than other places, I studied at College and have a secondary special legal education, but the specialty and education is difficult to find a job so we have a small town and it is difficult to find a suitable job.but I'm not complaining, it's okay. Never married but have a son,he
is 8 years old,studying in second grade,lived with a man,was in a serious relationship as I thought,get pregnant from him when I told him about it his response shocked me,he otkazalsya from the child and left me,I very long could not come in myself,I was very hurt and offended.Now even not interested in their child! I help close people, it's dad and brother,we live together in a private house,we have a dog breed German shepherd,I love animals,I love to walk,watch movies and TV shows,I love to cook,I love cleanliness and order,I am a down-to-earth person,I do not need much,if I give a twig of lilac I will be the happiest woman,for me the main attitude to me as it relates to me,care and attention,I am vulnerable and very sensitive,romantic and a little sad.
I really want to meet a man who loves and understands me!
kiss and hug, your Anna!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 09:32:31 PM by Davo »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 05:55:32 AM »

Yeah. Take ten and let a few days settle your senses a bit. I’m okay that you really haven’t told the peanut gallery that you’re on a mission to find a woman for marriage and father someone else’s 5 year old so much so that you’re willing to fly halfway around the world in the midst of a global pandemic to rendezvous with a total stranger based solely on an idea she’ll be some willing woman 21 years your junior to spend intimate time with you like it’s no ones business. I get it.

But is that really the baseline character of a woman you’d really give up your otherwise seemingly full life on and become your wife? If that, of course, is the ultimate intent. If not, geez, I’d think it’s foolish for someone with your supposed stature in life to shun say, Vegas, in search of a deed done. GF experience alone would yield the same wasted days.

But if wife hunting is the course of the day, then there’s something to be said upon a person, especially of a woman, who’d leave her lone child of 5 years behind to hop on a place to meet a stranger she really doesn’t know, nor likely his true intention.

But heck, you asked, and that’s just me.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:00:00 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 06:12:27 AM »

I've talked with a few women from both sites.  I'm 53, she was 40, very cute. 
I'm 53 and look like fxxxing shit, so good for you! 
Weeks later talking with a new Ukrainian girl who is 32 with a 5 year old girl.  She is a kindergarten teacher.  I've read the threads on age differences and understand the larger the age difference, the larger possibility of a scam.  On a side note, and without sounding like an arrogant asshole, I am a good looking  guy, I'm in excellent shape, I'm highly educated and own my own successful company, and I have dated women in the US with similar age differences, so it is within the possibility that this could be legit. 
Age range probably doable.  I'd ask yourself if you REALLY want a 5 year old child in your life?  If it were me, I'd probably be ok with it at this somewhat advanced age.  Basically take on a lady/child like this and it is 'game over' though, so given what you have stated about yourself, it may be a tough choice in the respect that you have many options. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2021, 04:18:31 AM »
OP I would say that you running your own successful company will be the big draw for most of these women. The woman with the child will be passed over by pretty much all the local guys where she lives other than perhaps for sex if she wanted that. Most of the women I communicated with online talked of 'finding the right man' and while they expressed it was not a case of wanting to move country or a wealthy guy you can bet your life the 'right man' wasn't from an impoverished third world country. I tested my theory by communicating with a load of women stating an everyday job and guess what? Only a few replied and they quickly dropped off. In effect all the talk of the 'right man' essentially meant they wanted a wealthy guy. You'll be fine on that front but be aware whatever they say that is really why they are wanting to get with you. Some don't mind and accept that but others bs themselves into thinking they have we found their one true love that would be with them whatever. That of course isn't the case, it's not to say a good life can't still be had but too many guys delude themselves as to why the girl is with them I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Brillynt

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2021, 04:54:43 AM »
Where is she in Eastern Ukraine?  Whether or not it is safe depends on where she lives.

You could visit her in Kyiv.  In fact, I think this is much better than funding a trip in an EU country before you've actually met.  There are trains daily, even from the conflict zone.  $200 would more than cover the cost, in fact, she would make a profit.  But, it's a small price to pay if you're serious.   She probably would have to come over a weekend if she's a teacher, or during the holiday period in January.  If she's in Donetsk, the train ride is about 13 hours.

Not quite true. My wife is from Luhansk and there are zero trains to/from there.  She takes a bus from Kyiv to Luhansk that goes through Russia near Kharkov and back to Luhansk.  This bus takes anywhere from 24 to 30 hours. Since covid, the trip is a bus to the Russian border, walk across the border with baggage in tow. Catch the next bus to the border crossing back to Ukraine, walk accross the border crossing with baggage again. Take the final bus to her destination.  Crossing the internal border through the war zone is similiar, although more dangerous due to the possiblity of artillery fire.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2021, 05:15:50 AM »
OP I would say that you running your own successful company will be the big draw for most of these women. The woman with the child will be passed over by pretty much all the local guys where she lives other than perhaps for sex if she wanted that. Most of the women I communicated with online talked of 'finding the right man' and while they expressed it was not a case of wanting to move country or a wealthy guy you can bet your life the 'right man' wasn't from an impoverished third world country. I tested my theory by communicating with a load of women stating an everyday job and guess what? Only a few replied and they quickly dropped off. In effect all the talk of the 'right man' essentially meant they wanted a wealthy guy. You'll be fine on that front but be aware whatever they say that is really why they are wanting to get with you. Some don't mind and accept that but others bs themselves into thinking they have we found their one true love that would be with them whatever. That of course isn't the case, it's not to say a good life can't still be had but too many guys delude themselves as to why the girl is with them I think.

OP, you would be well advised to take anything Trench posts on here with several tablespoons full of salt.

TC has endless theories, rooted in misogyny and straight from the Incel handbook  which he postulates and propagates on here.
Needless to say, he has no real experience of dating anywhere in spite of a failed trip or two to Ukraine.

His calling card is that fsuw are out to scam you, whether it be for economic betterment due to a surfeit of impoverished local men, getting a golden visa to the west by luring the unsuspecting WM with their charms or by dumping said unwitting WM who gets ensnared for the first better model that comes along on getting said golden visa.

If you want advice backed by experience, heed the words of those who’ve actually met and successfully married fsuw, not those from someone who fantasises endlessly about ‘getting’ with a hot fsuw well above his abilities to ‘hook up’ with.

Offline ML

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2021, 09:52:47 AM »
Not quite true. My wife is from Luhansk and there are zero trains to/from there.  She takes a bus from Kyiv to Luhansk that goes through Russia near Kharkov and back to Luhansk.  This bus takes anywhere from 24 to 30 hours. Since covid, the trip is a bus to the Russian border, walk across the border with baggage in tow. Catch the next bus to the border crossing back to Ukraine, walk accross the border crossing with baggage again. Take the final bus to her destination.  Crossing the internal border through the war zone is similiar, although more dangerous due to the possiblity of artillery fire.

WOW, this is quite interesting.  Hadn't heard the details before, but good to know from someone who knows the story firsthand.  Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 10:05:24 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jjschwegman

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2021, 11:50:34 AM »
Thanks everyone for your views and comments on this....very valuable information.  I can't blame her, or anyone for that matter, for wanting to get out of there, and finding a guy that has the means to do it would be attractive to them.  Hell, that kind of thing happens in this country, at least wanting someone who is successful and not a complete idiot.  But, you are right in that I do need to be smart about it and not put all of my eggs in one basket.  The cost of traveling and staying over there wasn't that bad, and didn't bother me at all.  What absolutely kills me is the 27 to 30 hours of travel time it takes to get there.  I've done India and China a few times on business, and fuck, you are miserable after traveling that long.   So, based on comments, I found a nice town called  Rostov-on-Don right off of the Black Sea, it's a 3 hour train ride for her and 40 minutes train ride for me from the Platov International airport in Russia.  I'll meet with her for a day or two and then catch a flight (2 hours and dirt cheap) to Moscow and have a couple more dates set up there.  I'll post again when plans get made and definitely update after the fact.  I've talked to her on the phone and she did send me a custom pic that I requested, so I know she's real, and she does have a good personality.  Now I just need to figure out if she intends to use me as a pack mule to get her and her daughter to the States....stay tuned.

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2021, 01:59:45 PM »
Now I just need to figure out if she intends to use me as a pack mule to get her and her daughter to the States....stay tuned.

Of course she plans to use you to get her and her daughter to USA.

Whether your status will be as a pack mule or something else . . . that is the unknown.

One good predictor is how far above your weight you will be boxing.

Western men can 'trade up' with FSU gals . . . but how far up is it safe to go ?

Offline Davo

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2021, 05:06:14 PM »
Thanks everyone for your views and comments on this....very valuable information.  I can't blame her, or anyone for that matter, for wanting to get out of there, and finding a guy that has the means to do it would be attractive to them.  Hell, that kind of thing happens in this country, at least wanting someone who is successful and not a complete idiot.  But, you are right in that I do need to be smart about it and not put all of my eggs in one basket.  The cost of traveling and staying over there wasn't that bad, and didn't bother me at all.  What absolutely kills me is the 27 to 30 hours of travel time it takes to get there.  I've done India and China a few times on business, and fuck, you are miserable after traveling that long.   So, based on comments, I found a nice town called  Rostov-on-Don right off of the Black Sea, it's a 3 hour train ride for her and 40 minutes train ride for me from the Platov International airport in Russia.  I'll meet with her for a day or two and then catch a flight (2 hours and dirt cheap) to Moscow and have a couple more dates set up there.  I'll post again when plans get made and definitely update after the fact.  I've talked to her on the phone and she did send me a custom pic that I requested, so I know she's real, and she does have a good personality.  Now I just need to figure out if she intends to use me as a pack mule to get her and her daughter to the States....stay tuned.

I keep banging on about scammers only because myself and the group of guys who are actively using dating sites and are traveling that I know, have yet to find one women who wasn’t a scammer from the war zone...... If you combined all the profiles of every site.....  PPL included, 90 percent would a scam in some way. When it comes to the email scammers, war zone profiles are the most prolific, as it provides more opportunities to ask for money and keeps the victims from traveling into the region and discovering their is no woman to meet

Be very careful as email scammers sometimes use stand over tactics and thugs, if a man decides to travel. Because you will be in Russia, you may be ok, unless they have ties to criminal groups in Rostov..... There are examples of men being drugged and held hostage in basements, while their bank accounts are being cleaned out..... like I said before it’s so important that you see regular video chat and her openly sharing her home address, social media, private messaging apps etc.... If you’re chatting just via email it’s a huge red flag..... No real FSU woman chat via email in 2021, even 50 year olds..... If she contacted you first it’s another red flag and a sure sign of a scammer...... FSU women don’t do this, at least the reasonably attractive ones who don’t have a tribe of children. They expect you to be the man and make the first move.

Before you book flights please check out this video.... It’s the most recent video you can find online regarding the war zone scams and exactly what a legitimate woman has to do to leave and meet a man..... Note: there’s no info on crossing the Russia border. This guy is a Ukrainian and his mission is to prevent western men getting scammed in Ukraine. He will reply to comments, so i’d be taking advantage of his expertise on this subject.

If you still decide to go to Rostov-on-Don, do yourself a favor and have a back up plan. I’ve chatted with several women online from Rostov and they have all been genuine..... It’s not a town, but a large region city with plenty of single women looking for a decent man.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 05:53:40 PM by Davo »

Offline Davo

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2021, 05:57:06 PM »
One of our own members here has excellent advice on this subject too..... check it out.

Offline jjschwegman

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2021, 06:40:34 PM »
Thanks for the videos...an interesting watch.  I'm going to let it play out and see how it goes, but i will not be sending her any money.  If she wants to come to Rostov-on-Don, then I'll buy her train ticket directly and not send her any cash.  Thanks again

Offline Davo

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2021, 07:10:43 PM »
Thanks for the videos...an interesting watch.  I'm going to let it play out and see how it goes, but i will not be sending her any money.  If she wants to come to Rostov-on-Don, then I'll buy her train ticket directly and not send her any cash.  Thanks again

Good plan..... If it all goes pair shaped, make sure you post here..... Not many men follow through to the final conclusion if she’s a war zone scammer. It will be valuable info for other men to see what excuse she’s using to ask for $$$

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2264
Total: 2275

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM