It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine Reconstruction  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Ukraine Reconstruction
« on: April 21, 2023, 04:00:00 AM »
Started thinking about reconstruction in Ukraine recently and discovered this:

http://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_22_3121

The EU have already drawn up a broad blueprint for how it will go about aiding Ukraine with reconstruction. Of course Ukraine has to win the war first. So the above EU website goes into some detail about how this will be structured. They know of course that Ukraine is deeply corrupt and you can't just pass the money over, at least I assume they do.

From the looks of it the EU will keep hold of the money, Ukraine will identify what needs to be done - the EU say they will have 'ownership' but I don't think they mean literally in terms of money but more in terms of deciding what's needed and relaying that back to the EU where the bureaucratic process begins to avoid money being handed over and spirited away. That's the impression I get from the document, the detail is not all fully filled in but the EU usually work that way. As they say they've been assisting Ukraine since 2014 so probably know the processes to use to avoid money going walkabout.

So what companies will benefit from work in Ukraine as a result? Foreign companies or Ukrainian companies? Or both? That is not yet clear either. My guess is that for all the help the West have given Ukraine is that foreign companies will be in the picture. My guess is that the US would want in somehow as well so perhaps more on all of that at some point.

So if Ukraine wins the war then who knows Krim maybe you could get involved in some legit reconstruction business in Ukraine. Not quite the same as Moscow I understand but surely better than the Baltics ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Ukraine Reconstruction
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 02:55:29 AM »
A recent report on the current estimated cost of reconstruction for Ukraine:

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2023/03/23/updated-ukraine-recovery-and-reconstruction-needs-assessment

Currently about $411 billion US Dollars which of course is huge. Report also highlights the growing number of Ukrainians pushed into poverty due to the war. Both figures likely to rise of course the more the war goes on.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3911
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3900
Total: 3910

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM