It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Just when we have heard enough about viruses - Monkeypox!  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Just when we have heard enough about viruses - Monkeypox!
« on: May 24, 2022, 03:02:21 AM »
Well just when we have heard enough about viruses and not wishing to hear too much more about the coronavirus it appears we may be on course for a Monkeypox epidemic:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/monkeypox-warning-issued-anybody-who-24042750

This one gives people horrible looking pox bumps all over like an exceptionally bad case of zits fir weeks. For some people it's also life threatening. I'm pretty sure many of you will have already seen some news reports out as it's been running as a story for a good number of days now. It's basically spreading and seems to be doubling every few days. Originally just thought to mainly effect the hay community it now looks like everyone could potentially be on the radar. Odds are same or similar safety precautions as COVID will likely be the answer. Probably only a matter of time before we all have to start keeping heads down on this one just as it seems that we are only about coming up for air on the Coronavirus.

Anyway, just thought I would do a post on it as it's looking like it could be a big thing soon unfortunately. Doesn't look great for anyone to catch and I can do without looking like a Leper for any FSW. Just seems at the moment viruses are starting to let loose everywhere, not sure why. One wonders if it's nature trying to control human population or sone rogue scientist on the loose. Anyway, possible early heads up on this one.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Just when we have heard enough about viruses - Monkeypox!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 12:19:04 AM »
This Doctor/Medical guy recommends the use of face masks to avoid Monkeypox. I think he is right and I've been keeping up my usual habit of wearing my respirator mask in indoor public spaces. Handy as it protects against both COVID and the Monkeypox:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1613325/monkeypox-outbreak-mask-vaccine-covid-smallpox-nigeria-uk-cases

I don't blame the Doctor/Medical guy in question for abandoning the field if it gets bad. At the start of the Coronavirus pandemic I said to myself if I were working in a hospital I wouldn't continue to do so but hand in my notice and be off. Any life worth living and their can be too high a price to pay. End of the day it's just another job you're contracted to do and anyone is entitled to end that contract with due notice at any time of their choosing in my opinion.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2246
Total: 2256

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM