It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newbie To This Forum But Not Russian Women  (Read 6436 times)

Offline Stuart1964

Newbie To This Forum But Not Russian Women
« on: November 01, 2022, 05:36:14 PM »
Hi. Glad to see this forum exists.

I went to St Petersburg in 2000 and spent a year there under cover of teaching English but of course I had other motives.
So I met someone while I was there and brought her back to the UK in 2001. We got married - had a child - but divorced last year.

I never thought I would end up back in Russia - but as a 58 year old male living in the UK - looking around at what is realistically available to me - age 50+ women - some look older than my mother - none of whom are of any interest to me - I am rapidly gravitating back to Russia as a way of finding someone special once again.

My plan is gradually crystallising. Go out there for another year or even live out there maybe around September next year. To be honest - bringing a Russian woman back to the UK presented me with some issues which did not occur to me at the time - and which I struggled with at times - and I may decide just to live out there for as long as I find it interesting. If I meet someone - I need not necessarily bring her back to the UK. 

I have an ebay business which I can run as long as I have an internet connection. And having spent a year in Russia already I could see myself possibly living out there for some time.

I am brushing up on my Russian presently as my previous visit taught me that getting around in Russian is really obligatory when you are living there. I am tempted to return to St Petersburg as I know and like the city. Kyiv would have been great as I think UK citizens need no visa - but the war could go on for years and probably is not a good idea. I went on A Foreign Affair romance tour in 1998 in Kyiv and had a good time - frankly met someone I regret not marrying - but that's another story. It was my initiation to Russian/Ukrainian woman and I thought as I was starting out I could meet someone better.

I actually now feel I am at the right age for this - being 58 - more so than when I was in my mid 30s. I see someone in her early to late 40s being realistic.

Well thanks for bearing with me and I look forward to reading and taking part in discussions.

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Newbie To This Forum But Not Russian Women
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 06:26:45 PM »
Sorry to hear about your divorce. That sucks. I hope you luck and happiness on your new journey. I'm younger than you and I'm having too good a time dating, talking and visiting Russian and Ukrainian prospects. I know it can't last forever and I don't want to be an old man by myself but when the two heads clash the bottom one wins most of the time.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 03:47:31 AM »
Hi. Glad to see this forum exists.

I went to St Petersburg in 2000 and spent a year there under cover of teaching English but of course I had other motives.
So I met someone while I was there and brought her back to the UK in 2001. We got married - had a child - but divorced last year.

I never thought I would end up back in Russia - but as a 58 year old male living in the UK - looking around at what is realistically available to me - age 50+ women - some look older than my mother - none of whom are of any interest to me - I am rapidly gravitating back to Russia as a way of finding someone special once again.

My plan is gradually crystallising. Go out there for another year or even live out there maybe around September next year. To be honest - bringing a Russian woman back to the UK presented me with some issues which did not occur to me at the time - and which I struggled with at times - and I may decide just to live out there for as long as I find it interesting. If I meet someone - I need not necessarily bring her back to the UK. 

I have an ebay business which I can run as long as I have an internet connection. And having spent a year in Russia already I could see myself possibly living out there for some time.

I am brushing up on my Russian presently as my previous visit taught me that getting around in Russian is really obligatory when you are living there. I am tempted to return to St Petersburg as I know and like the city. Kyiv would have been great as I think UK citizens need no visa - but the war could go on for years and probably is not a good idea. I went on A Foreign Affair romance tour in 1998 in Kyiv and had a good time - frankly met someone I regret not marrying - but that's another story. It was my initiation to Russian/Ukrainian woman and I thought as I was starting out I could meet someone better.

I actually now feel I am at the right age for this - being 58 - more so than when I was in my mid 30s. I see someone in her early to late 40s being realistic.

Well thanks for bearing with me and I look forward to reading and taking part in discussions.

You have the right situation and age to move to Slavic countries. Of course, learning Russian is mandatory. Focus on this ASAP.The biggest problem is where to go. Don't think that Russia is in the right spot, Ukraine could have been but Russia doesn't look to surrender and the new Iranian ballistic missiles that will be shot in Ukraine are devastating.But there are many countries in the surrounding where you will find many women. That's a good idea to start to make a move in these countries and gradually visit them to find your best spot. You cannot figure it out on the internet, you have to be there and talk with the locals.
My plan is yours and I think that I have some advance on you in this area, contact me if you feel it.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Stuart1964

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 04:34:07 AM »

You have the right situation and age to move to Slavic countries. Of course, learning Russian is mandatory. Focus on this ASAP.The biggest problem is where to go. Don't think that Russia is in the right spot, Ukraine could have been but Russia doesn't look to surrender and the new Iranian ballistic missiles that will be shot in Ukraine are devastating.But there are many countries in the surrounding where you will find many women. That's a good idea to start to make a move in these countries and gradually visit them to find your best spot. You cannot figure it out on the internet, you have to be there and talk with the locals.
My plan is yours and I think that I have some advance on you in this area, contact me if you feel it.

Thanks for your reply.
I was married to a Russian woman for 20 years so have a fair usage of Russian - though not enough to maintain a fluent conversation. Yes I am working on my Russian - still a bloody difficult language. I met some really lovely women 20 years ago and they spoke hardly any English. When I was in Kyiv in 1998 with A Foreign Affair my best chances were actually with 2 interpreters again as we could communicate well.
The woman I did marry spoke very good English so we built a rapport quickly. So I agree language is important and the level most of the women speak is so poor there is really little chance to develop anything.
I know what you mean about Russia. I was considering Moldova and maybe some of the other ex soviet republics where there are a high % of Russian speakers. I thought about Latvia and Estonia - but since they are in the EU - and the woman there can get to the west and select from millions of males here in the UK etc - I rate those countries quite low as potential hunting grounds.
There is a lot of research to do. By the way Ukraine certainly could be good if the war stops - and I hate to put it this way - but there is usually a shortage of men when there has been a war - so if things settled down there by next september - it might be the place to go.
I would still be inclined to live in these countries if I meet someone. It allows for flexibilty and the woman has her family at hand which is a huge benefit. I did have some cultural difference issues with the woman I married and it takes some getting used to plus the responsibility side of things when you bring someone from their native country to yours where they don't know anybody. Not something I would want to do again.
I was lucky in St Petersburg I met this older guy from the UK who was looking as I was and we teamed up very well double dates etc and we learned from each other mistakes etc. In fact the woman I married I met on a double date with him as a woman he wanted to date would not do a one to one so took a friend along. So it would be nice to meet someone similar as it can be a lonely pursuit when you do it on your own.
BTW what is the acronym for the former soviet union. It should be USSR but when I put that in I get an error. CCCP? URS?

Offline Stuart1964

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 04:51:02 AM »
Sorry to hear about your divorce. That sucks. I hope you luck and happiness on your new journey. I'm younger than you and I'm having too good a time dating, talking and visiting Russian and Ukrainian prospects. I know it can't last forever and I don't want to be an old man by myself but when the two heads clash the bottom one wins most of the time.

Yes well divorce happens and you have probably no better chance avoiding it by marrying a foreign woman. I personally know of two British friends who married Russian women and both were divorced within 3 years. In one case the guy just had no idea what he was getting into and had her visa revoked when she got here and started looking around at guys she really wanted to be with - and in the other case after 3 years she left him for someone else. In my case we had a child etc and I regret nothing. But just felt I did not want to spend the rest of my life with her. The last thing I had on my mind was coming back into the russian women market but I have had a reality check - online dating etc - I am just not in the top 5% of guys looks wise as they are getting all the action. So I can either just live my life alone - something I can contemplate doing - as I live quite well on my own. But what the heck I fancy my chances and can see me living quite happily in a country where you can actually date attractive women.
Good luck with your search and all I can advise is when you find the one you want - don't rush in - try to find out as much as you can about her - personality etc - if there are any little warning signs - heed them. Russian women can be very demanding when they move overseas. They have certain expectations about many things and may be easy going and continually pleasant in their own country but very different in another land.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 09:11:46 AM »
well...
you have a lot of new challenges to face in Russ-see-ya,
first of course, is dealing with banking sanctions, your HSBC/Barclay's aint't gonna work there no 'mo
I use a Chinese card, and I got a bank account/card when I was in Uzbeckistan just for this purpose
you CAN go "cash" for everything as an alternative to cards, but it's a hassle on many levels
Sterling is harder/less accepted to FOREX in Russia, so xtra effort for that to...
so "problema edin"
also Russians might get confused when Charles starts showin up on Sterling instead of "Elizabeth" 

next problema is "russkie ludie" i.e. Russians
you English Speaking Persons (self included)
need to learn how to keep a low public profile
I dress Russian, wear St George pins, and have other patriotic lapel pins, etc, and speak Russian
I do all this to avoid conflicts with drunken gopnicks, which are freakin everywhere there
you NEED to REALLY do this now...
as Russians are being humilated daily with NATO weapons (some are made in Sheffield)
they may consider you a valid and EASY target for retribution
and militsa will only HELP them kick your ass, you're on your own there
I've SEEN this happen several times, take it SERIOUSLY!!!

these problems are why I'd recommend Ukraine over Russia
as an American, I gotta tell ya, I ain't too worried about Pootin's Buzz Bombs hittin tourists
my daily risks of living in a gun oriented semi-fascist Texas Kultura far outweighs the risk of Russki or Iranian "raketa"  phuque 'em
your grandparents thumbed their noses at the Luftwaffe and you can to
if you were in Odesa right now, you'd be greeted like a long lost brother
and if'n I were you is 100% where I'd go

if you're nervous about flyin to Odessa/Kyiv, then go to Moldova and hire a driver
you can rent an apartment in Odesa on airbnb for maybe 30-40 pounds/day right on Arcadia overlooking the Black Sea
perfect spot to explore and meet new friends

an alternative to Ukraine is Uzbekistan
Tashkent has TOTALLY changed from the old days, you can stay at a westen hotel and east sushi now, compared to old days with squat toilets and kartoskie pies
and everything is pretty safe there, plenty of hot lookin Russian wimmin and mixed euroasians who are even hotter
no competition, no war, and a genuinely interesting place to visit and inexpensive

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 09:28:11 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2022, 10:23:10 AM »
I was in Odessa a few days ago. 
I paid 50 euros for 2 nights in the historical center. I got a discount, the price should have been 60.Many buses and private cars do the trip back and forth. 
Expect 5 hours at least. 
Expect at least one alert a day, and more to come. 

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online krimster2

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2022, 11:15:19 AM »

how'd it go in Odesa, kinda like Tangiers during WWII?

does the war make meeting wimmin easier or harder than before for Westerners?
I would think easier over all, is it?
or is the war an impediment, or a bit of both?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 07:19:33 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2022, 11:45:07 PM »
Hi Krim
The situation is more complex than ever. Meetings are likely to be easier, however, I didn't have a lot of time to date in this city.
The war is tearing up Ukrainian society, most of the ones who stay suffer and the ones who have emigrated
suffer also. If Russia has not occupied their city, the war has killed their business. 
So any business along the beaches is dead, and many restaurants have closed.
People who rent and sell real estate have massively left. A lot of teachers from private schools have left.
A lot of stuff linked to tourism is dead.

The ones who are somehow close to the Ukrainian border can play the game on two sides depending on the direction of the wind. This may be an advantage considering that most of the time these countries bordering Ukraine are the Russian language friendly but the profitability is low.

In Moldavia, prices have skyrocketed in one month and it's more expensive than in Ukraine. The payback is not there. Moldovia is limited in its tourism infrastructure and many other things. Like cultural stuff for example.

Considering the incoming global recession, which is stagflation, the worst is coming for most of the population, from Ukraine, but also the people of the countries surrounding Ukraine. Because inflation doesn't come under two digits (even 20% for some countries).
As the level of the stubbornness of the Russian war effort is not lowering we could consider that the whole 2023 year will be a mess.
As a result, it shuffles the cards to a very large degree in the dating pool. To make it simple, many women could consider a man who has the financial stability to be on top of their priority (ML will not disagree with me I suppose on this one).
If you could be around in the surrounding of the Ukrainian or Russian wave, you could find some gems 100%.

You lower your legal risks and the financial burden has nothing to do with the Western prices.
Stuart has already come to this final conclusion.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2022, 11:58:36 PM »
I had considered coming back to Kyiv.
But war is a war.
The last Ukrainian military progress has found some retaliation from Russia.As a result, Ukrainian civil towns are now under bombardment.
No big city is discarded for potential damage.
I am considering exploring the Ukrainian mountainside this winter but crossing the border is not a simple game.

Online krimster2

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2022, 08:55:42 AM »
good report Pat...
I second your observations....

Offline ML

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2022, 04:37:30 PM »

. . . crossing the border is not a simple game.

Watch some WWII military and spy movies.
Learn the maneuvers to escape and cross borders.
Start with the "Great Escape."
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2022, 07:38:48 PM »
argghhh, here, be a Treasure map!
er, actually a map of Moldova to Ukraine border crossings

the cluster in the far south, might have the smaller lines
I'm hoping to go next summer, and that will be the route I'm takin

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2022, 01:29:54 AM »
Well done Krim.Contact me when you will be fucking around.

Online krimster2

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2022, 09:25:56 AM »
sounds fun!

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2022, 12:11:10 PM »
Welcome Stuart!

You might want to consider eastern Poland or another UA neighbor as a home base and do some day trips to UA if you meet someone interesting online or such. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1900
Total: 1911

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM