It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Interesting interview with Ukrainian wife in US  (Read 63213 times)

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Interesting interview with Ukrainian wife in US
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:36:51 PM »
There was an interesting interview on Mark Davis's webcast the other night.  She is 29 and living with her husband in the US.  She addresses some interesting topics such as the age difference, the fear of selecting a GCG and how to avoid it, adjusting to life in the US, etc.  Very good English and a very pleasant personality.

http://www.anymeeting.com/WebConference-beta/RecordingDefault.aspx?c_psrid=ED50DB828847
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:36:13 PM by calmissile »
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Interesting interview with Ukrainian wife in US
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:48:16 AM »
And a good actress.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 04:35:28 AM »
And a good actress.

I haven't listened to the whole thing - can you tell me what you mean?
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 05:23:06 AM »
Her English is just brilliant. At first, I thought that she is a native English speaker. I have a way to go to her level!
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
There was an interesting interview on Mark Davis's webcast the other night.  She is 29 and living with her husband in the US.  She addresses some interesting topics such as the age difference, the fear of selecting a GCG and how to avoid it, adjusting to life in the US, etc.  Very good English and a very pleasant personality.

For those here that are newbies and still open minded (IS IT POSSIBLE?), almost anything kissed with internet dating or marriage middlemen is misleading.  With very few exceptions, just listen to the message and realize the opposite is true.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 08:06:00 AM »
I actually listened for about 3 minutes and realized the podcast/interview comprised of a bunch of middle-aged (translation: old, very old) men curiously captivated (translation: horny) by a woman in her 20s (translation: much, much younger than they are) recounting her story about marrying a man 20 years her junior.

LOL, the chat transcribe on the side were asking questions like...

what's their age difference? Does Galyna own her own agency? How can we meet others like her? Does she have friends, relatives, etc...blah, blah, blah...there was one statement that said *how refreshing it is to hear a woman saying how she doesn't mind the age difference* ( ;) )

But I have to admit, for what it is, it is well established and presented. The woman's voice got to be annoying listening to after a while, IMO.

But, overall, these things can be funny when you take a step back, listen and observe without bias. It's borderline cultist.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 08:34:44 AM »
I actually listened for about 3 minutes and realized the podcast/interview comprised of a bunch of middle-aged (translation: old, very old) men curiously captivated (translation: horny) by a woman in her 20s (translation: much, much younger than they are) recounting her story about marrying a man 20 years her junior.

what's their age difference? Does Galyna own her own agency? How can we meet others like her? Does she have friends, relatives, etc...blah, blah, blah...there was one statement that said *how refreshing it is to hear a woman saying how she doesn't mind the age difference* ( ;) )

But I have to admit, for what it is, it is well established and presented. The woman's voice got to be annoying listening to after a while, IMO.

But, overall, these things can be funny when you take a step back, listen and observe without bias. It's borderline cultist.

+100

It was actually pretty funny to hear how Mark was trying to push her into confirming the MOB business selling points and help steer the listening horny guys into paying for his services:

-Galina, don't you agree that Ukrainian women don't mind large age difference?
-Aren't you UW all family-oriented stepford wives, unlike those career-oriented AW?
-Don't you always try to look your best, wearing high hills and mini-skirt to Walmart?
-Please confirm that a UW won't dump the old goat of a husband 25 years her senior for a young muscle guy once she moves to the US?
-Do you agree that those FSUW-AM marriages are all much happier than AM-AW marriage?

and so on and so forth  ;D

Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline calmissile

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 04:24:52 PM »

Is this coming from someone that has been on the search for 2 years and has never found someone?  Also someone that has been making comments and giving advice for 3600 posts and has never made a trip?

This gal has a very refreshing personality and seems very credible.  She does not work for an agency and her only commerical interest is writing a book.

Newbies can decide for themselves if they would rather wake up in the morning to her personality or some others we are familiar with.   LOL
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 05:05:24 PM »
Is this coming from someone that has been on the search for 2 years and has never found someone?  Also someone that has been making comments and giving advice for 3600 posts and has never made a trip?

This gal has a very refreshing personality and seems very credible.  She does not work for an agency and her only commerical interest is writing a book.

Newbies can decide for themselves if they would rather wake up in the morning to her personality or some others we are familiar with.   LOL

Yeppers that would be your one and only.. You actually need to make a trip to snag a wife? Brown asked what he can do for me so I'm just waiting for my package.

I bet she have a great personality. My bad. I'm sure it's all about "personalities"  doesn't it? Be honest now, do women have to be half the man's age to be deemed as someone with a great personality?

What's the going rate for one of dem wimmen?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:07:58 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline jone

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »
I am not a great fan of Mark.  He is quite transparent in his goals.

Having said that, this gal was very well spoken IMHO.  If you read her blog (and I did) it talks of simple truths about many different aspects of Ukrainian life and society.  About kids going back to school (in one episode) and about Ukraine nationality (in another). 

In her blog I didn't see anything about age disparity and if you visualize her view of Ukraine - well, she does a great credit to her native country.

I didn't see anything cult related, whatsoever in her blog.  As a matter of course, I will probably read it in the future.  So as much as I see Mark for what he is, he did a true service by bringing this woman to all of us.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 07:10:36 PM »
Yeppers that would be your one and only.. You actually need to make a trip to snag a wife? Brown asked what he can do for me so I'm just waiting for my package.

I bet she have a great personality. My bad. I'm sure it's all about "personalities"  doesn't it? Be honest now, do women have to be half the man's age to be deemed as someone with a great personality?

What's the going rate for one of dem wimmen?

Some "Hero Member" you are!
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 08:03:53 PM »
jone-

1. It wasn't about the gal, jone...I've no doubt she's a nice lady.

2. IMO, she was showcased not because she's a nice gal. She was showcased because she married a man 20 years her senior. Looking at that silly interview, read the chat side-transcribing going on by a bunch of circling (likely) old farts. Do you really for a minute believe what type of book she's writing is the focus of her *being* on the show?

3. If Calmissille would like to promote a service provider, do so in the special section just for that purpose. Eduard and Jack gets nuked in this site when they step over that line. What makes this service provider an exception?

Some "Hero Member" you are!

Yeah. I'm the BATMAN! Where dem wimmen at?

Offline jone

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »
1. It wasn't about the gal, jone...I've no doubt she's a nice lady.

2. IMO, she was showcased not because she's a nice gal. She was showcased because she married a man 20 years her senior. Looking at that silly interview, read the chat side-transcribing going on by a bunch of circling (likely) old farts. Do you really for a minute believe what type of book she's writing is the focus of her *being* on the show?

3. If Calmissille would like to promote a service provider, do so in the special section just for that purpose. Eduard and Jack gets nuked in this site when they step over that line. What makes this service provider an exception?

I don't think Doug was promoting anyone.  And knowing him, personally, he would probably take affront at doing any endorsements.  My guess is that he thought, as I did, that this gal is a sweetheart. 

My opinion of Mark is on the record.  I personally don't like thinking of relationships between WM and FSUW as being between 53 year olds and 29 year olds.  It kinda gives me the willies.  But you highlighted that thought process while Doug looked at it altruistically (like I did).  While Mark may have tried (and I have no opinion on this) to skew it towards age discrepancies, the gal was on point regarding the natural way she fell in love and the subsequent adjustments she made coming to the US.   I congratulate her on her marriage and hope that all couples can be so happy - like she said.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »
I don't think Doug was promoting anyone.  And knowing him, personally, he would probably take affront at doing any endorsements.  My guess is that he thought, as I did, that this gal is a sweetheart...

Really?!? He's doing a fine job of it then, eh?  If you know him personally, is he the same Doug from Redlands who got tickled pinkish listening to a woman married to an old man?

Doug from Redlands knows full well he's promoting Mark. He's been around the *loooong* block a few hundred times not to.

My opinion of Mark is on the record.  I personally don't like thinking of relationships between WM and FSUW as being between 53 year olds and 29 year olds. It kinda gives me the willies....

A bit of contradiction there, don't you think? What's the difference between the gal and her husband and Mark and his wife? How can one couple give you the willies but not the other? (is that the same as heebee-jeebees?)

...But you highlighted that thought process while Doug looked at it altruistically (like I did)....

Altruistically? LOL. Click on the link again, then read the side chat transcribes...you can almost slip through the virtual drool from the old farts. See if anyone asked the gal the title of her book? or spot the one dude named Doug Wilson from Redlands, CA. and read what he wrote.

Quote from: Doug Wilson from Redlands, California
I am happy to hear a real woman that says the age gap did not matter. LOL

Altruistically. That's a hoot!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:07:12 PM by GQBlues »

Offline naigalina

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »
Alright, quite an interesting discussion here. I am actually that gal. Thanks for nice comments! I had no idea that my thoughts on the matter would stir up so much discussion. I will try to make it clear who I am, and what all that was about.

1. I am, in fact, writing a book about international relationships, our experience along the way, experience of other couples, differences in mentalities, what to expect, and how to make it work, etc.
2. While I was doing research online, I came across some of Marks' videos. I liked what I saw. To understand how his business worked, I signed up for a free newsletter. 
3. I registered for his webinar out of curiosity. I had no idea if it was only for guys, or if I could participate in the chat. Once I popped in, there were comments like "who is Galyna, Is she real?"
4. Mark asked me if I could turn on the video cam. I didn't plan to be interviewed. Though, I was excited to give guys my perspective on things, and help with some advice if I could. So, I agreed to do the audio. I was just spontaneously answering the questions. Simple.

I found my happiness! So why not help others along the way?
Makes sense, I believe.
If you’re not happy being single, you’ll never be happy in a relationship. Get your own life first, then share it with someone else.

Offline naigalina

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 10:23:18 PM »
And just for the record, my husband is not 53. You can look at our photos on my blog. He's in an excellent shape; tall and handsome. Runs, bikes, and works out every day. Been in the army for 18 years. Traveled to more than 60 countries. Has great interpersonal skills. Fun, loving, caring, adventurous, confident, competent. I can go on and on.
The age difference was a big issue for me in the beginning. And I didn't want to live in the U.S. It took us over 3 years to move forward and tie the knot. The truth is, Nobody ever made me feel better and happier than he did/does.
My point is, before anybody makes any judgements, you need to understand that there are cases when people just fall in love, and make a conscientious decision to live this life together.

I hope everyone here finds their peace and comfort in their lives! 
If you’re not happy being single, you’ll never be happy in a relationship. Get your own life first, then share it with someone else.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
And just for the record, my husband is not 53. You can look at our photos on my blog. He's in an excellent shape; tall and handsome. Runs, bikes, and works out every day. Been in the army for 18 years. Traveled to more than 60 countries. Has great interpersonal skills. Fun, loving, caring, adventurous, confident, competent. I can go on and on.
The age difference was a big issue for me in the beginning. And I didn't want to live in the U.S. It took us over 3 years to move forward and tie the knot. The truth is, Nobody ever made me feel better and happier than he did/does.
My point is, before anybody makes any judgements, you need to understand that there are cases when people just fall in love, and make a conscientious decision to live this life together.

I hope everyone here finds their peace and comfort in their lives!

I am glad you found the web site and joined to see the discussion.  Don't be discouraged by a few jerks that are negative about nearly everything.  There are some real sweet gals on this forum also and reflect much of your personality.

Many of the men here are serious about finding love in the FSU and welcome credible, first hand knowledge of those women and men that have found love and happiness regardless of their age differences, if any.  There seems to be a lot of jealousy from those without age differences.

What was more important to me was the personality rather than age, beauty, or anything else.

I am glad you cleared up the question about whether you were an actress or shill for Mark.  People find it hard to believe that you could just 'drop in' without some ties to Mark or the MOB industry.  Regardless if Mark is a commercial member or not, it was nice of him to provide all of us the interview with you.

Good luck on your book.  Hanging around here you will no doubt get a lot more material.  LOL

Contrary to a few negative posters, my guess is that most single members would be looking for someone just like you.

Doug (Calmissile)

lordtiberius

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 10:57:46 PM »
Friends, I am listening to it (so no opinion on the chat comment/questions intercepted and interpreted).

I need to prepare myself for the arrival of the future Mrs. Jimbo.  I need to be sharp and have things in order.  I think she is ok.  He grates on me some but that is to be expected. 

I am 30 minutes into the interview and they are talking about how bad UKr men are and how bad US women are.  I cannot go for that.  I dated WW all my life and not all of them were bad.  i would say that 8 or 9 out of every 10 was pretty good - real good.  For me, it was me.  i was the problem.

The male says there is a competition between Western couples.  He's right.  There's something wrong with the culture there, but that was not an issue in the relationships I was in with the good girls.  Now when it came to the non-good women in my life, you bet the anti-man culture played a big role.

I got her blog loaded here.http://galynatate.wordpress.com/tag/galina-tate/  that i will check out, but thank you OP for posting this.  Fellow contributors, I enjoyed reading your comments

Offline calmissile

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 11:10:57 PM »
Friends, I am listening to it (so no opinion on the chat comment/questions intercepted and interpreted).

I need to prepare myself for the arrival of the future Mrs. Jimbo.  I need to be sharp and have things in order.  I think she is ok.  He grates on me some but that is to be expected. 

I am 30 minutes into the interview and they are talking about how bad UKr men are and how bad US women are.  I cannot go for that.  I dated WW all my life and not all of them were bad.  i would say that 8 or 9 out of every 10 was pretty good - real good.  For me, it was me.  i was the problem.

The male says there is a competition between Western couples.  He's right.  There's something wrong with the culture there, but that was not an issue in the relationships I was in with the good girls.  Now when it came to the non-good women in my life, you bet the anti-man culture played a big role.

I got her blog loaded here.http://galynatate.wordpress.com/tag/galina-tate/  that i will check out, but thank you OP for posting this.  Fellow contributors, I enjoyed reading your comments

I just read the bog link you posted for the first time.  This lady is quite a good author/writer.  She shows so much charm in her writing.  I will have to read more of her blog.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline AnonMod

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 02:22:15 AM »

You are mistaken.  GQ has been married to a RW through at least one college degree and her establishment of a high powered career.   
This account does NOT accept PM's. If you need to contact the RWD Staff, please use the 'Report to moderator' link.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 02:24:10 AM »

That's nice.  Perhaps he should update his profile.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 03:02:25 AM »
OP
welcome on board.
Sometimes exchanges are fierce here.
But don't give up please.
Many guys should listen carefully your interview.
Many guys would improve their understanding of  the culture by listening you and also how to conduct a dating process.

Have a good time with us.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Ade

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 06:04:26 AM »
That's nice.  Perhaps he should update his profile.

Yes, he probably should. And perhaps you should read a little more before drawing erroneous conclusions; it's not exactly a secret that GQ has been married a while and with a large age disparity too.

Offline Lily

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 06:47:08 AM »
Hello Galina,
Thanks for your interview and for your blog! I am impressed!
It would be great if you stay on this forum, and contribute from time to time!
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Shadow

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 08:11:10 AM »
I just read the bog link you posted for the first time.  This lady is quite a good author/writer.  She shows so much charm in her writing.  I will have to read more of her blog.
Which is exactly why Mark wanted to use her in his promotion. Of course Galyna will not be unhappy with the extra attention for her activities either.

She does give some good insights though.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1954
Total: 1963

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM