It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Engagement Rings  (Read 15561 times)

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Engagement Rings
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2006, 04:31:20 PM »
She is a great mother to our son but as a wife she was too tempremental for me. She had always the attitude that she should be the queen of some country. But I did make it 10 years. I'm heading into a different direction. That was the been there done that in my life.

Peewee

Well I truly do hope the direction that you are heading ends up in a good place. There is not much that is easy in this RW/WM relationship. But if you do find the right one it is very well worth it!

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2006, 05:50:40 PM »
Who thought of 2X? Think DeBeers, DeBeers, DeBeers.

Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2006, 06:05:44 PM »
Who thought of 2X? Think DeBeers, DeBeers, DeBeers.

Could also have been the people that decided that you should change your oil every 3,000 miles. I have always suspected that whomever it was that made up these rules of thumbs was contrived to line somebodys pockets in quick fashion.
When it comes to wedding rings buy what your heart tells you to buy.

Peewee

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2006, 06:09:30 PM »
Well I truly do hope the direction that you are heading ends up in a good place. There is not much that is easy in this RW/WM relationship. But if you do find the right one it is very well worth it!

Ken

True, Ken. The same could be said about any marriage between any two people. My parents will celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary this coming October. I'd bet that if you asked either of my parents if it was easy they would say the same, that it was not so easy to do.

Peewee

Offline DKMM

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2006, 11:56:39 PM »
Any of you guys tried the fake route?  Ever consider it without telling her its fake (and not specifically saying its real either)?

Interestingly named site:

http://www.russianbrilliants.net/

Hmmm 8)

Offline Voyageur

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2006, 04:29:12 AM »
DKMN,

If you are really serious about a FSU woman, I would not recommend the "fake" route, unless you tell her it is this way (which is sort of self-defeating the purpose).  This is not a purchase that should be taken lightly, and it is likely that she will - eventually - notice the difference anyway.

Offline BC

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2006, 04:47:25 AM »
DKMN,

You don't need to make a decision really quick or?

Just remember 'first things first'  ;)

Offline jb

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2006, 07:18:03 AM »
Any of you guys tried the fake route?  Ever consider it without telling her its fake (and not specifically saying its real either)?

Hummm,,, it makes me wonder about the seriousness of anyone who would begin a relationship with a lie.  And giving a ring with a fake stone, and leading the woman to believe it was the real McCoy, would be just that.  Sooner or later the woman will discover the truth and your little secret will become an issue that you will have trouble explaining away.

I'm also wondering why a man might consider such a tack.  Is it because he is just downright cheap?  I hope not, because to a RW entering into what she hopes will be a life long marriage, I assure you she is not hoping for a "greedy" man.  That's pretty much the kiss of death in dealing with a Russian Woman.   Or, is it because a man might have doubts about the depth of his or her emotional attachment, i.e., gotta do the K-1 to figure out if you actually are in love enough to go ahead and marry, thus he doesn't want to invest anymore money than he has to?  This philosophic outlook will probably be the prelude to another story such as we've just read.

If you don't care enough about the woman/girl to give her something she would consider special to cement the engagement bond, better not to give her anything at all. 

Engagement rings are not part of the Russian culture, a RW getting hitched to a RM will probably not expect such a token, however to those RWs who are in the business of seeking out a foreigner, especially an AM, well,,, I think you'd have to travel pretty far afield to find a woman who isn't aware of this western custom.  They study our culture with far more zeal than most of you guys devote to learning about theirs.

YMMV.

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2006, 07:40:31 AM »
DKMN,

If you are really serious about a FSU woman, I would not recommend the "fake" route, unless you tell her it is this way (which is sort of self-defeating the purpose).  This is not a purchase that should be taken lightly, and it is likely that she will - eventually - notice the difference anyway.

yep, I gave a pair of diamond earrings to my last ladyfriend. She was happy to get them, and they were expensive but I forget the karats, but the second thing out of her mouth, after "spaciba" was, "Are these zercon?"  Are you going to lie and tell "no'? later she visits a jeweler only to learn that they are zercon.

I bought an expensive cross for her when I last visited Moscow. About $1,700.00 expensive. There was a tag attached to the back of the cross. The jeweler warned me not to remove the tag so that my friend could see exactly what it was that she had received. I did not remove the tag, as instucted by the jeweler, and gave the cross to my friend. She was over joyed and show the cross to everyone with eyesight of her. And then she flipped it over and read the tag.

You cannot go cheap with the jewelry. This is one area where women accel far beyond your understanding of the subject.

Peewee

Offline witchdoctor

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »
 Yes I did!  A year after we married! And I got it back!
Witchdoctor

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1894
Total: 1905

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM