It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Sending Money Back Home  (Read 30873 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Sending Money Back Home
« on: January 23, 2005, 11:26:17 AM »
Just a little poll for those of us with in-laws in the FSU.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 01:07:53 PM »
Dan, when my bride first got here I gave her money that was her's, to spend as she pleased. I bought all groceries, paid for her clothes, etc, but I wanted her to have her own spending money. Well, every month she would send $150 of this home. And why? She was the main financial support for her mom and two sisters. Her step dad drank a bit, was not to reliable when it came to support, so Natalia was the families main financial support.

So move ahead five years. Natalia has a good job and still send's money home to mother and sister each month.

This may not be the same or similiar situation with all guys who have FSU wifes, but it will be for a lot of guys.

Offline Vaughn

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 01:15:39 PM »
Hi, Dan! Nice re-arrangement and a great photo of you and your better half! Dan, I had things setup where I was automatically logged in, and so I had to re-register, no big deal.

We send money almost monthly, to a debit card that Mama carries. It's the quickest and cheapest way I've found to transfer money overseas. We average $100/month, sometimes a bit less often than that. Mama's pension was really shot to hell with past inflation, so it really makes her life more comfortable...

Thanks for the new format, Dan, it looks great!

Vaughn and Elvira Olson
Charlotte, NC, USA

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 02:15:56 PM »
Quote from: Vaughn
Hi, Dan! Nice re-arrangement and a great photo of you and your better half!

Vaughn,

That photo is avatar sized - here is the real thing.

Thanks for the compliment - and for the comments about the board.

- Dan

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 02:19:31 PM »
Showoff!

Offline Bruce

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 05:41:30 AM »
So far I have never sent any money home.  I did treat my wife's sister to a place and some fairly inexpensive restaurants in NYC when she stayed in my house after completing her summer as a camp counselor in Vermont.  I also sent her dad alot of bee keeping equipment to help him out with his summer enjoyment (he keeps 7 beehives for honey / extra income / hobby) in the village.  Her family is very proud and hard working.  They are fortunate enough to have an extra apartment that they rent out for extra income.  When I first did the fiance visa my wife's family said they wanted $300 each month to take care of the salary my wife provided the family with each month.  I agreed - they said no way - they were just making sure I wasn't a cheapskate.  They even gave us a few hundred dollars for a wedding present.  I am trying to get her sister back in the USA so I can treat her to some quality dental work - but she does not want to be a camp counselor again, even though the camp would pay her more money.  Her sister over all had a miserable time in the USA except for her time in NYC and does not want to go back despite her sister's urgings.  My wife is hopefull her sister will be "knocked around" by Russia's harder life than here and want to come back.  She is looking for a guy for her sister right now and is hopeful one of my cousins will stay single long enough and want to turn to Russia.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline wsbill

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 07:17:01 AM »
Hey, that's pretty interesting about BeeKeeping.  I don't know about you. 

:dude: But the price of honey is like sky high here in the states.  You'd be very wise to get into this and market your own brand.  

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 08:08:46 AM »
Hello all,

We have been married for almost 5 years now and we normally send between $150 and $200 a month, we set up a seperate savings acount and sent over to the family in Russia an ATM card then called with the PIN number. It costs about $2.30 for each transaction which is really very inexpensive, my wife's sister normally gets a $100.00 at a time.

I do not mind helping out my wife's family as life in much of Russia has become more and more difficult for the average Russian.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 09:23:50 AM »
damn Tigerpaws, you did good! :)

Offline KenC

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 10:04:29 AM »
We don't send any money on a regular basis.  We have bought my Mother-in-law a washing machine and other gifts, but they live rather well on their own income.  My in-laws even bought us a refridgerator as a house warming gift.  As far as any financial burden, my ex-wifes relatives were far worse.  LOL.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline TigerPaws

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 10:33:11 AM »
Thanks my Lady is even prettier today then she was when I married her, I am a very lucky man.

Michael

Offline Bruno

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 01:23:35 PM »
During the 7 year ( 1 year for know, 5 year together and needed one year for the divorce ) that  i have know my ex-wife from russia, i have never send money... but pay great holiday for all family in Russia... one month together... enough cheap same with the trip to russia... And very good climat, see my color :-))

Everybody show photo from own woman... they are great... but next year, i will be the best... i will be able to show two photo... my ex from Russia and the new wife from Ukraine... with the two together i will be the best one :-)))

Offline Vaughn

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 03:03:29 PM »
Since everyone's posting photos (and all you guys have
lovely wives) here's one of us on my first visit,
August 2001, on a picnic in the forest. I forgot to
bring along my Gordon Lightfoot songbook, but what the
heck, I had my hands full with my ladies!

Vaughn

Offline KenC

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 04:31:16 AM »
Tiger paws,

May I ask what the age difference is between you and your wife?

KenC

Offline Cold Warrior

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 08:25:30 AM »
I'm an amateur beekeeper my self. My step dad got 250 hives and I help him out when I can. The biggest problem is varoa disease which has been decimating the bees.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 11:33:20 AM »
Bruno, you got balls. Photos of your future wife and your ex!

My wife would kill me.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 11:37:00 AM by Jack »

Offline Bruno

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 01:22:03 PM »
My future wife know my ex one... my divorce was not a war... only we was not compatibel for long time relationship... friendship stay... and Galina was curious about my previous wife... and now she name my ex a crazy woman because she have allow me to go away...

And Galina have speak with me about her previous man... dead 3 week before the marriage... incident with moto... and it is not a problem for me...

Usually, divorce go before justicy with a lot of fight... why ? ... When each feel that it is not possible to stay together, we can divorce without fight and lead our own way... stay friend but without love ...

I have no one problem with one of my ex wife of girlfriend... always stop friendly... maybe with one... she have use drugs and i don't like this...

With Galina, we have choose to be 100% honest and hide nothing from the past... she have see all photo i have from Tatiana ( ex-wife ) and Anastasia ( daughter of ex-wife )... and i can say that the photo with anastasia have charm her... before have own child, she say that i am a good father... only with photo...

But i don't advice other man to choose the same way of work that me... it is a choice between Galina and me... usually, other woman don't like this... Why do you think i love Galina, she is perfect ( for me )... but the situation for other man will be other...

PS : my ship was more big ... 160 meter ... a fregate from army... but your wife is right... just difficult to see the character on one photo ...

« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 01:28:00 PM by Bruno »

Offline keithandkate

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 03:32:47 PM »
I would like to start off by saying I look forward to this new forum for married guys. Dan was a big help to me back in 2000-2001 when I was starting on my adventure and needed advice on the logistics of my trip- visas, airports, customs- My wife and I have been married for 3 years now and we still need information on the paper trail towards her getting her citizenship...

anyway back to the topic- we send money as needed... not monthly- but when there is a great need... my Ukranian family are hard workers and seldom require assistance and are very proud that they can make their own way ...

Keith

Offline TigerPaws

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 09:05:31 PM »
Ken,

We have a 19 year age dfference and yes there have ben som problems because of our age difference but we have and are continuing to work on them. 

Offline Goombah

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 01:15:34 AM »
Tiger -

Could you expand on that comment about age related problems?  I'm looking in the 14-21 year age difference group and would really like to know what to look for or at least be prepareed to handle.

Kevin C.

Offline KenC

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 01:42:06 AM »
Tiger & Goombah,

I will start a new thread on age difference.  Please post your thoughts on this topic there.  Thanks.

KenC

Offline TigerPaws

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005, 07:02:07 AM »
Kevin,

For the men who are interested in a lady 15 to 20 years younger than yourself (Victoria is 18 years younger than I am) I noticed that for the first 6 months or so Victoria was quite concerned that I try to look and dress well a bit younger. I did not pay too much attention to this at first but on several occasions people had mistaken Victoria for my daughter and though she did not say anything I could see it was upsetting her. There was not much I could do about this and eventually she worked herself through it, I bring this up because you need to remember to be sensitive to your bride's feelings much more than you might normally pay attention to such things. Because most of the girls do not have a good knowledge of English they might not be able to express to you something that is bothering them or feel that you would not understand, so a word to the wise pay attention to your bride and work with her to overcome some of the difficulties by talking things over with her.

Over the past 5 years we have had our ups and downs like any couple but we have a very strong desire to make our relationship work and that has been the saveing grace. Large age differences (more than 15 years) have their own unique issues and you will need to be sensitive to them, depending on your age and the age of your lady. If you are like me (I am turning 51 in April and my wife will be 33 in April as well) and you are willing to make some changes in your appearances in order to make your lady feel better then you will most likely have a better chance of sucess. I think the idea here is to be sensitive and flexable with your lady and listen to her concerns about your age and health, go the extra mile to accomidate her ideas and requists when it comes to your appearance.

Michael

Offline Goombah

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005, 07:46:53 AM »
Thanks Michael -

I did make changes in my appearance after separating from my ex.

I had half-a-dozen people in Kiev guess my age and they claimed between 30 and 36!  I just turned 46 in late November and am looking for a lady 24-32, bell curving towards the 27-28 year olds.  Thats mostly a desire to get someone a few years older.  I'm under the impression a lot of maturing occurs between, oh, 23 and 27ish, maybe not as much as the preceeding 4 years, but critical all the same.

My current relationship with a 25 year old is in trouble, mostly due to communciation issues (she doesn't speak English well, and mostly just wants to SMS rather than write e-mails), but may in part be due her ability to set priorities (one of those maturing things).

Thanks,

Kevin C.

Offline Joe Fisher

Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2005, 08:07:35 AM »
I am curious ,what is the age difference between you and your wife?? Joe

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
Sending Money Back Home
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2005, 12:29:36 PM »
Jack,
Is that your wife?  Ooh la la !!  -doug

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541384
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3503
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3493
Total: 3503

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Yesterday at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill