It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Need to show some financial resources now to enter Ukraine  (Read 5295 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Need to show some financial resources now to enter Ukraine
« on: March 31, 2014, 09:15:38 AM »
Ukraine will now start enforcing earlier decree regarding proof of funds to support yourself upon entry to Ukraine.

So plan to take $2-3,000 in cash with you for a 30 day visit, or show a credit card statement with at least that amount as spending limit, or ATM receipt showing at least that amount as remaining balance, etc.

More details here:

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/foreigners-need-to-pass-cash-threshold-to-enter-ukraine-341462.html
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline theguide

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Need to show some financial resources now to enter Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 04:53:03 PM »
The embassy sent me a letter saying that too. On a different note on my last trip I went through customs in Kiev, this next trip I will be going through in Donetsk. I heard different airports can be tougher, is that true? How is Donetsk? On another tread they said Odessa is bad. In Kiev they stampped my passport and said bye.

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »
I enter the country through Donetsk frequently. It's a lot less hassle than Kyiv.

Offline stilllooking

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 09:26:59 AM »
I am going to Lvov for a long weekend soon, and had read something like that in the Kyivpost, though a google search does not reveal anything. They mentioned something along the lines of 20x the normal average daily spend in ukraine, but proof of hotel / accommodation being pre-paid etc all counts towards reaching that sum.

I wonder if that will be enforced more for nationals from certain countries? I was planning on taking more cash than normal due to not being sure if the restrictions on withdrawing cash are still in place and whether the restrictions are also applicable to westerners using their cards or only for cards linked to Ukrainian bank accounts.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 05:51:20 PM »
I am going to Lvov for a long weekend soon, and had read something like that in the Kyivpost, though a google search does not reveal anything. They mentioned something along the lines of 20x the normal average daily spend in ukraine, but proof of hotel / accommodation being pre-paid etc all counts towards reaching that sum.

I wonder if that will be enforced more for nationals from certain countries? I was planning on taking more cash than normal due to not being sure if the restrictions on withdrawing cash are still in place and whether the restrictions are also applicable to westerners using their cards or only for cards linked to Ukrainian bank accounts.

That's a sensible idea, but also remember that the situation could change instantly while you are there.  Even if banks say that you won't have a problem with your card(s), you may suddenly find that you DO have a problem.  Also, make sure that you don't carry anything like all of your extra cash around - if you get your pocket picked or (like me in Odessa) manage to drop or mislay your wallet it will be extremely helpful if you still have most of your money sitting in your apartment or hotel safe.

Offline theguide

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »
 The embassy sent me an email about it. To give an easy break down of what it was, about $80 per day you visit plus 5 days worth added on. So for a one day trip about $500. They gave me the formula it has to do with the average income multiplyed by 20 and other things. $80 per day should be a good guideline though

Offline lonedrake

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 04:19:30 AM »
 On my recent trip they never asked to see any funds.

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 06:41:51 AM »
I have been into Ukraine several times recently , and was never asked to show proof of money. I certainly would not have $3000 in my pocket!! lol Last time I went to Odessa last month I had about $100 in my pocket! If any border officer even asked how much cash I had on me I would of told him to "Mind his own bloody business"
If this propaganda is correct it means its the end of my trips to Ukraine:(

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »
The embassy sent me an email about it. To give an easy break down of what it was, about $80 per day you visit plus 5 days worth added on. So for a one day trip about $500. They gave me the formula it has to do with the average income multiplyed by 20 and other things. $80 per day should be a good guideline though

Huh? So if you decide to stay 80 days you better show you have $6400? What if your apartment only costs $500 a month?

What is the reason for all of this?

Moldavia is looking more and more attractive.

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »
Unfortunately Moldova is not going to be so easy to catch a women today, as of the 28th April Moldovan citizens are free to travel around Europe visa free.

Not that will be the end of things, but do you see latvian or Lithuanian women searching for a foreign husband? Its good bye Moldova very soon!

Offline stilllooking

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 04:02:02 AM »
Have just spent a few days in Lvov. I entered Ukraine at Boryspol airport, and entry was no different than on any of my other visits, with no need to show proof I could 'afford' my stay in Ukraine.

Offline ML

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
Caution to all:

There is a big difference between official rules AND what people report as their experience.

The rules may or may not always be enforced equally at all times and at all locations.

This will be of little consolation to those who are not prepared when the rules are enforced.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »
Considering Ukraine have an illegitimate government at this time due to a recent illegal, hostile and violent siege, chances are the banking institution have very limited functionality. This fact largely and directly impact sex tourists, wife-hunters, and back-up seekers who are trying to live large in country while relying on ATMs/CCs to draw money from.

No money, no honey, baby...is all. Folks will just need to take more than a few Andrew Jacksons along with them. Ka-Ching!

:(
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:01:57 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 11:57:30 AM »
Unfortunately Moldova is not going to be so easy to catch a women today, as of the 28th April Moldovan citizens are free to travel around Europe visa free.

Not that will be the end of things, but do you see latvian or Lithuanian women searching for a foreign husband? Its good bye Moldova very soon!

I checked the World Bank website to get some GNI (per capita income) numbers.

Russia     $12,700
Latvia      $14,060
Estonia    $16,270
Lithuania $13,820
Ukraine      $3,500
Moldova      $2,070

I heard the Grivna AUH was 8 to the USD not long ago (true?). Now it's .088 which is more than 11 to 1. It was .079 (12.6 to 1) a few days ago.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 02:03:55 PM »
I heard the Grivna AUH was 8 to the USD not long ago (true?). Now it's .088 which is more than 11 to 1. It was .079 (12.6 to 1) a few days ago.

I heard 12 to 1 from my MIL, who lives there, a few days ago. She told me it's a good time to invest in Ukrainian currency since it may someday go back down to 8 to 1. I really wish I knew the future. Can make some serious money this way but there's no guarantee there will be a Grivna and Ukraine if Russia keeps annexing it.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 02:44:21 PM »

I heard 12 to 1 from my MIL, who lives there, a few days ago. She told me it's a good time to invest in Ukrainian currency since it may someday go back down to 8 to 1. I really wish I knew the future. Can make some serious money this way but there's no guarantee there will be a Grivna and Ukraine if Russia keeps annexing it.

That is quite a fluctuation. It means their cost of living went up by a third. 

Offline stilllooking

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 03:16:02 PM »
The places I saw in the past few days in Lvov were quoting somewhere between 13 or 14 UAH to the dollar.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541321
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701