It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: And the wait begins...  (Read 25072 times)

Offline TagUrIt898

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: And the wait begins...
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2015, 11:35:09 PM »
I used rapidvisa.com. It was $375 plus the I-29 application fee.  I did a lot of research and we felt more comfortable doing it with a service that processes visas on a routine basis.  They offer support online and on the phone. The reviews about their services were stellar.  I had no problem paying for something this important to be done without errors.

Tag

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2015, 09:51:22 AM »
Every case is different. What I have found out with dealing with lawyers is that if you pay a fixed fee then you will get very basic service all done by the secretary and no work done by the attorney. It does not matter if it is a divorce, civil case, criminal, immigration or whatever!

If you really need an attorney, then it is best to use a local one that charges by the hour and that you know and trust.

Most of the flat rate fee immigration lawyers would never touch a difficult case such as an IMBRA waiver.

If you have problems with the child's father not wanting to give permission to emmigrate, then you need to hire an attorney in Ukraine, Russia, whatever.

You might want to check out Alena Shautsova's website. She speaks Russian and works in NYC. She gives free advice.

Offline KenInUtah

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »
Well, now we are down to the final step...the interview.  Lily did her medical today and all was well.  We are STILL waiting on being able to schedule the interview.  NVC sent everything (we went to Ready status) on 8/4 and by our best guess, tracking it on DHL, the Embassy received it on 8/11 (Only pacckage from Portsmouth, NH to Moscow that week).  I've called ustraveldocs a couple times and they keep saying it hasn't been processed yet and it could take aa couple weeks so we wait.  She has all the docs ready to go so as soon as we can schedule, we are grabbing the first available date.

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2015, 11:05:11 AM »
Ken, are you planning to be at the embassy for the interview?

Offline Chicagoguy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2015, 12:50:05 PM »
Ken can go to the Embassy but they will not let him in in Russia. Other countries vary.
Do not open envelope she gets from Embassy at her home !

For my wife who spoke zero English they just asked her one question and gave her a big smile.
Others may vary.

Offline TagUrIt898

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2015, 12:57:02 PM »
Ken keep us updated!!  I hope you get your interview soon!

Tag

Offline BillyB

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »
Ken can go to the Embassy but they will not let him in in Russia. Other countries vary.

I went to my wife's interview in Ukraine. I walked up to the window with her and the interviewer asked who I am and a few questions and told me to wait in the other room. Being there for a fiancée is more for her comfort than to pass an interview.

Do not open envelope she gets from Embassy at her home !

Yeah, no sneak peeks! They will open it the day of the interview.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:21:50 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2015, 06:22:01 PM »
No, I wont be going with her to the Embassy but I will be meeting her in NYC when she gets here.  As for the medical envelope, she knows not to open it!  Its the wait that is killing us.  How long did you guys have to wait after the Embassy received your packet before you could even schedule the interview?  Then, how quick are interview times available?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2015, 09:28:37 PM »
  As for the medical envelope, she knows not to open it!  Its the wait that is killing us.

That can make or break everything. I don't know why the medical facility gives the envelope to patients when they can directly send it to the consulate for review and save people a trip to the interview if they failed because they have a contagious disease.

How long did you guys have to wait after the Embassy received your packet before you could even schedule the interview?  Then, how quick are interview times available?

I can't remember exactly but after your documents leave NVC(National Visa Center) I believe the ball is rolling within two weeks to schedule an interview.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2015, 08:11:52 AM »
OK Guys!  Great news to start a Monday!  We got approved to schedule her interview this morning!  Believe it or not, she could actually have done it tomorrow!  We scheduled for 9/8 as she needs to make a few copies of paperwork so we gave her a week to get the last details done.  She already has done her medical so thats done.  Only things left are to finalize everything with the management company who will rent her apartment and get the cat to the vet for it's health clearance to fly.  She's about done packing too.  We are looking at her flying Delta on 9/24 and me meeting her in NYC before we fly home together!  Happy days! Not bad, 91 days from filing to interview and it could have been 84!  Tag, thought you might like to know these dates.  It seems like forever but it actually went pretty quick comparatively!

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2015, 08:42:31 AM »
Great news Ken, congrats. Here's to the rest going nice and smooth. Good luck!  :clapping:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline TagUrIt898

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2015, 01:31:36 AM »
OK Guys!  Great news to start a Monday!  We got approved to schedule her interview this morning!  Believe it or   Tag, thought you might like to know these dates.  It seems like forever but it actually went pretty quick comparatively!

Hey Ken congrats to you both!  I definitely appreciate the update.  It's nice to see the process working efficiently as opposed to all the snail-paced horror stories we hear about.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2015, 10:50:19 AM »
Congratulations Ken! Hope her interview is smooth and soon you will be starting your life together.

HDL

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2015, 06:44:54 PM »
Ugh...Now the wait is really killing me.  I know in a week I'll know but...All she has to do is meet with a friend to print out the interview letter, she doesn't have a printer and she is all set, pics taken, all the docs are in her hand (I fedex'd those a few weeks ago), medical is done.

Whats VERY interesting is there is a guy from Maryland on VJ that mailed his 129 the same day as me, got NOA1 the same day, got NOA2 the same day, got the interview email the same day and with the exception of they picked a different day for the interview, they are planning on the same flight to JFK we are - Just FYI, this is a different guy than the one spoken of above so this IS NOT anything related to the pros/cons of using an Attorney.  Lily doesn't know if she wants me to introduce her so she has someone to talk to on the plane, she is "shy".

Offline KenInUtah

Interview Day!
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2015, 07:31:10 AM »
OK guys, say a little prayer for us.  Tonight while I sleep, Lily will have her K1 interview at the Moscow Embassy.  She is all ready.  All the paperwork is in order, a dozen pictures, receipts, Skype logs, Medical Packet, clothing picked out...Its gonna be hard to sleep tonight but in the morning I should know if she is approved.  Then on to buying plane tickets which we are shooting for the last week of September

Offline KenInUtah

APPROVED!
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2015, 05:00:50 AM »
Lilia had her interview today and was APPROVED!  WooHoo!

Offline John of Hesperia

Re: APPROVED!
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2015, 05:56:29 AM »
Lilia had her interview today and was APPROVED!  WooHoo!

Congrats!!!  Now it's just a plane ride away!
Old ain't dead, but it don't feel good getting old.  Pain is nature's way of telling me I'm still alive!

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2015, 08:10:27 AM »
Thanks John!  And the tix are already booked for 9/24!  SVO-LAX-SLC and I'm meeting her in LAX

Offline calmissile

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2015, 09:01:24 AM »
Congrats Ken.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2015, 08:32:07 PM »
And the tix are already booked for 9/24! 

Ken, I guess you're going to be leaving us in a few weeks. It seemed like only yesterday you signed up on the forum. Don't be a stranger and stop by to say "hi" every once in a while or help out a newbie by writing about your life with an FSU woman, it's joys, and challenges.

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2015, 07:12:53 AM »
Oh I'll still be around.  Still have all the AOS and green card and citizenship stuff to go through.  Of course a few stories on our assimilation into a family and her transition to life in the US.

Offline John of Hesperia

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2015, 07:42:17 AM »
Oh I'll still be around.  Still have all the AOS and green card and citizenship stuff to go through.  Of course a few stories on our assimilation into a family and her transition to life in the US.
I'll be watching, as it's pretty likely that I will be going through teh same process soon.  BTW, I'll be leaving Dnepro the same day as your lady leaves Kiev, going to LAX, but I have a layover in Istanbul, so get back on Friday about 4;30 PM.
Old ain't dead, but it don't feel good getting old.  Pain is nature's way of telling me I'm still alive!

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »
She's leaving Moscow, not Kiev.  I'm one of the few here who found a Russian, not a Ukranian better half

Offline KenInUtah

VISA RECEIVED!
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2015, 04:27:00 AM »
Lily got het Visa via Pony Express today.  WooHoo!  All systems are a go!  She gets on a plane in 8 days! 91 days from filing the I-129F to interview and another 8 to get the Visa.  99 days start to finish!

Offline John of Hesperia

Re: VISA RECEIVED!
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2015, 06:27:32 AM »
Lily got het Visa via Pony Express today.  WooHoo!  All systems are a go!  She gets on a plane in 8 days! 91 days from filing the I-129F to interview and another 8 to get the Visa.  99 days start to finish!
As Tony the Tiger used to say, GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!   Just hope my luck with the gubmint is as good as yours, I could have my lady here on her birthday (Jan. 18).

My bags are packed, and headed for LAX in  a few hours for Depropetrovs'k.  Dang, I should have picked an easier city to have to spell and pronounce!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2914
Total: 2924

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM