It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Blah, Blah, Blah Part XXXVII  (Read 8547 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Blah, Blah, Blah Part XXXVII
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2020, 01:25:34 PM »
Did I address the subject of your pissing match?  Nope.  I addressed your attempt to characterize something which is based in truth as "false news". 

The Salon piece links to the original article by the NYT.  Neither the Salon piece nor the NYT state that Trump is advocating hydroxychloroquine because of his financial interests.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2020, 01:32:49 PM »
Then what was the point of presenting it in the first place?

If it isn't stating the promotion of the drug is due to financial motivation, then the only point left was to promote a non-news, which FWIW, would then be 'fake news'.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2020, 01:35:53 PM »
The main point of the story was about medical disagreement over promoting the drug.

Fake news means the story is untrue.  That story is not untrue, or even inaccurate.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2020, 01:37:11 PM »
Did I address the subject of your pissing match?  Nope.  I addressed your attempt to characterize something which is based in truth as "false news". 

The Salon piece links to the original article by the NYT.  Neither the Salon piece nor the NYT state that Trump is advocating hydroxychloroquine because of his financial interests.

How could you have missed the headline?

Trump holds "financial interest" in pharmaceutical company that produces hydroxychloroquine: NYT
Trump and his allies have financial ties to companies that manufacture untested drug he’s touting for COVID-19

Your pal and the forum moron touts the link as proof. You see the headline, you read the story, or so you say. How could you have missed that counselor? It is by any estimation fake news, in this life or the next. That entire piece including the piece by NYT is a hit piece on President Donald J. Trump because he believes it might save some lives. There is solid proof that he just may be right. This subject is one big pile of pooh you should have let the moron step in by himself. Are you enjoying it too?
 :ROFL:

Offline Boethius

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 01:40:11 PM »
I read the story and the NYT piece, as I normally don't rely on others to interpret primary sources (I'd actually read the NYT piece yesterday).

The NYT piece is about the divide in the medical community, and that some in the medical community have questioned motives for pushing hydroxychloroquine.  So, it's not "fake news", as you asserted.  BTW, that was my only point.  FTR, I don't believe Trump is pushing this for his own financial gain.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:47:41 PM by Boethius »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 01:47:33 PM »
  Neither the Salon piece nor the NYT state that Trump is advocating hydroxychloroquine because of his financial interests.

But they are planting a seed in their readers head that Trump is promoting the drug simply because he loves money, not because he cares about people's health. The media tries to dig as deep for these stories and it's the best they can come up with. Trump's stake in the French company that makes the drug may be worth less than $1000. It's not like he's a major shareholder. I doubt he even knows about all the minor things he has stakes in.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-distant-financial-pharma-giant-110639176.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 01:54:14 PM »
I read the story and the NYT piece, as I normally don't rely on others to interpret primary sources (I'd actually read the NYT piece yesterday).

The NYT piece is about the divide in the medical community, and that some in the medical community have questioned motives for pushing hydroxychloroquine.  So, it's not "fake news", as you asserted.  BTW, that was my only point.  FTR, I don't believe Trump is pushing this for his own financial gain.

There's no divide in the medical community over chloroquine. They already know the drug and the side effects. Thus then is very much is fake news. The disagreement in the medical community is whether it should be considered a knock out drug for covid. Trump isn't claiming that it should be. It has been known to save lives of covid affected patients. The NYT story is yet another hack job. It's not like NYT doesn't run them on a regular basis, you know?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »
The main point of the story was about medical disagreement over promoting the drug.

Fake news means the story is untrue.  That story is not untrue, or even inaccurate.

You claim you 'read' the story but claims it was about medical disagreement.

Yet the headline reads:

Trump holds "financial interest" in pharmaceutical company that produces hydroxychloroquine: NYT

LMAO! Misrepresentation, just like your post, IS fake news. Salon's editor admits to publishing narrative to feed its audience. Not too many media out there in-country more rabid in fake news than Salon. It's the equivalent of the Guardian abroad for any anti-Trump news.

This is exactly what happens when people not living in a place, yet claim to 'know' more than those that do.

Google.

Mika started this numbnut narrative...

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 02:13:47 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2020, 01:00:08 AM »
Good morning from the 'moron':

Let's 'ANALyse' Mr Mistake's words ..

There's no divide in the medical community over chloroquine. ..

The disagreement in the medical community is ..

We have no idea about the current state of 'Trampu's' investments, but he has a track record of 'failing to distance himself' from firms he has financial investments in .

As previously mentioned, this 'moron' has history in knowing about HCQ ...

I commend this article from a researcher to to those who have open minds on this contentious subject most of us know b'all about - but try to post otherwise :

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/04/06/hydroxychloroquine-update-for-april-6][url]http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/04/06/hydroxychloroquine-update-for-april-6[/url]

Offline Gator

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2020, 04:38:37 AM »
If Jeb Bush were President and said the same about HCQ as a message of possible hope,  would the liberals be lining up against HCQ?

Another question, if Jeb Bush were President, would  there have been a Special Investigation of Russian collusion? 

If Jeb Bush had the same telephone conversation with Zelensky, would the House have conducted an impeachment inquiry?

Please don't answer with the statement "Jeb Bush would never have done the same."   That deflects from the question.

Do not interpret these questions as my preferring Jeb over Trump.   Jeb is a weenie and could not have accomplished half of what Trump has done.         

Offline Gator

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2020, 04:51:30 AM »
Same questions, but substitute Hillary for Jeb.

Offline msmob

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2020, 05:22:56 AM »
Same questions, but substitute Hillary for Jeb.

Phil, this has nothing to do with my despair with the 'management' style of 'Trampu' ...

It HAS to do with ignorant pronouncements by him and other folk who insist on prostrating themselves discussing stuff about HQC when they haven't got a CLUE ..  I based the latter on folks that DO have a clue involving me in discussions, previous to the outbreak - because of the drugs alleged efficacy in other treatments

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2020, 05:58:18 AM »
Good morning from the 'moron':

Let's 'ANALyse' Mr Mistake's words ..

We have no idea about the current state of 'Trampu's' investments, but he has a track record of 'failing to distance himself' from firms he has financial investments in .

As previously mentioned, this 'moron' has history in knowing about HCQ ...

I commend this article from a researcher to to those who have open minds on this contentious subject most of us know b'all about - but try to post otherwise :

[url]http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/04/06/hydroxychloroquine-update-for-april-6]http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/04/06/hydroxychloroquine-update-for-april-6][url]http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/04/06/hydroxychloroquine-update-for-april-6[/url]

Good morning Moobs the moron. Why do you do this to yourself? You do love abuse don't you? Let's get right to it but lets state for the record your history of chloroquine is your daughters autoimmune history (having you for a father I would not be surprised if she was on lithium), this personal column blog on the the results of 11 people who were administered the drug in France. Oh and I suppose your "contacts" in China, Rome and other various parts of the world?

President Trumps investments are 1) none of your f*cking business 2) unrelated to whether or not chloroquine should be applied to covid patients.

Doctors have had a great deal of success with it but, you, being the moron you are wish to argue, deny and obfuscate that success because YOU hate Trump. The most funny thing of all is you dredge up some fake news from a political hack website and peacock around like you actually achieved something, anything  when you clearly did not and you can't even recognize it. You are a poor pitiful excuse of a man. You really should seek help for that serious personality disorder of yours.

Your link don't work, Moron

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2020, 06:09:01 AM »
Phil, this has nothing to do with my despair with the 'management' style of 'Trampu' ...

It HAS to do with ignorant pronouncements by him and other folk who insist on prostrating themselves discussing stuff about HQC when they haven't got a CLUE ..  I based the latter on folks that DO have a clue involving me in discussions, previous to the outbreak - because of the drugs alleged efficacy in other treatments

Let's evaluate for a minute, President Donald J Trump has surrounded himself with the premier experts in the United States, doctors, biologists, so revered and likely the best in the whole world, to provide with with the very best information available on such a pandemic, the computed, configured best ways to attack the pandemic and save as many lives as possible. He suggest making chloroquine available to doctors who can use and hopefully save some lives.

Then we have Moobs the moron who tries to sneak his wife into the country to save visa fees, stresses out and uses pensioners for a paltry $6.92. He get his information from various pamphlets that comes with his sick daughters pharmaceuticals that states "Don't use the drug, the drug is no good because Trampu may be invested in it. Trampu is bad. It is all Trampu's fault"

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 06:10:40 AM by Faux Pas »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2020, 06:47:05 AM »
It HAS to do with ignorant pronouncements by him and other folk who insist on prostrating themselves discussing stuff about HQC when they haven't got a CLUE .. 

Trump has the authority to allow doctors to experiment with medicines so he's allowed to talk about whatever he wants. Doctors in hospitals aren't experts on what all things medicines are good for. They only know what they've been told it's good for. Doctors may see some positive results from certain medicines and report their findings. It takes months if not years to verify their findings but governments have allowed Doctors to use certain medicines for emergency purposes. It is possible some doctors screwed up, gave patients dangerous medicine or good medicine but overdosed them, and cause heart or other organ failure in patients with a serious case of COVID-19 but bad results can happen during experimentation.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2020, 07:05:21 AM »
I remember hearing 2-3 weeks back that somewhere (seems it was San Francisco), doctors were going to start trials using the HQC.

So who knows what the results were.

And didn't some doctor do the same thing in New York City?

Why isn't there discussion of these trials, rather than just back and forth about what Donald has said?

I also heard the French have reported that one of their trials indicated HQC had no value.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2020, 07:51:37 AM »
ML

Would normally be listed here:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/

You can search for coronavirus or the drug to see what's happening.  Looks like this one:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04328961?term=hydrochloroquine&draw=2&rank=3

Looks like results expected in September for this trial.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:27:20 AM by BC »

Offline Gator

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2020, 07:58:41 AM »

Deflection, as expected. 

Deflection = partisan motive because its Trump. 

Offline BC

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2020, 08:07:31 AM »
If ya don't bite the bait, can't get hooked.

Wish I could fish as well in real life as Moby does here.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2020, 08:31:07 AM »
I remember hearing 2-3 weeks back that somewhere (seems it was San Francisco), doctors were going to start trials using the HQC.

So who knows what the results were.

And didn't some doctor do the same thing in New York City?

Why isn't there discussion of these trials, rather than just back and forth about what Donald has said?

I also heard the French have reported that one of their trials indicated HQC had no value.

Yes, good point.

But generally, especially here, the back and forth isn't necessarily *what* was said, but rather *who* said it. I thought that was already pretty obvious.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2020, 08:33:49 AM »
If ya don't bite the bait, can't get hooked.

Wish I could fish as well in real life as Moby does here.

He reminds me of the neighbors Chihuahua. Barks day and night accomplishing nothing but to annoy. It's the irony of displayed ignorance that keeps me going with Moobs. Like rubbernecking at a disaster. He makes his politically motivated accusations and hate speeches knowing full well he's wrong. When it's proven he's wrong he ignores, deflects and repeats the process. He is a broken record, wrong about literally everything, has no room to actually absorb a fact. I fail to find one single redeeming quality in that poor excuse of a man.

Offline BC

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2020, 08:51:13 AM »
He reminds me of the neighbors Chihuahua. Barks day and night accomplishing nothing but to annoy.

That really sucks... lived somewhere like that - we moved.

Any alligators in your neck of the woods?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2020, 09:01:55 AM »
He reminds me of the neighbors Chihuahua. Barks day and night accomplishing nothing but to annoy. It's the irony of displayed ignorance that keeps me going with Moobs. Like rubbernecking at a disaster. He makes his politically motivated accusations and hate speeches knowing full well he's wrong. When it's proven he's wrong he ignores, deflects and repeats the process. He is a broken record, wrong about literally everything, has no room to actually absorb a fact. I fail to find one single redeeming quality in that poor excuse of a man.

Ahhh, so now folks begin to see the reason why *I* chose and used the title, my virtual chihuahua, from day 1.

Offline msmob

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2020, 09:06:56 AM »
I fail to find one single redeeming quality in that poor excuse of a man.

You've been making LOTS of 'noise' today, Mr Mistake - even being a little byachty re daughter #1's predicament ( and I didn't mean her Dad)  but AS USUAL no valid counter to my pointing out you've not got a clue about the efficacy HCQ  ( or HQC as some seem to call it on here ! )  related to Covid-19, those with auto-immunity issues or any other field .

Some folks get 'butt-hurt' ( I think that's the 'murican term ) when their 'glorious leader' says dumb things and it is pointed out and seem to imagine calling me a 'moron' would 'hurt my feelings'

I'm not fishing for fools ( as BC knows, really)  I'm posting an opinion, based on a sight better knowledge than some of my 'detractors' and if they can offer intelligent discourse (and why their opinion is 'sound') ... welcome ..

Deflection, as expected. 

Deflection = partisan motive because its Trump. 

Don't insult your own cognitive abilities, Phil ...  I've offered my opinion on 'Trampu's management' of this outbreak, multiple Volte faces and his role in 'promoting' a drug combo that has in some notable trials zero to negative 'improvements'...

At least we have one member who is willing to be a guinea-pig in the unfortunate event of him having complications if infected .. such is the 'strength of his conviction'

Lastly, I am not a lover of Chihuahua ( sorry to those that are ) .   I am somewhat larger and (as some have found) extremely tolerate of fools .. I prefer to let them break their noses on my head ( be it virtually or in reality) ..   the blows are painless to yours truly...  can't say the same for the perp ..  :popcorn:

Offline Gator

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2020, 09:18:44 AM »
I fail to find one single redeeming quality in that poor excuse of a man.

I give Moobs the benefit of the doubt.  Surely there is some subject to discuss over a beer that he would not introduce some obvious inflammatory comment.  Maybe not; he is described as uncommonly intense. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1990
Total: 1999

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM