It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Tinder - Am I crazy?  (Read 24446 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Tinder - Am I crazy?
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2018, 10:04:01 PM »

Footnote: WTF is Trenchcoat talking about?

:D :wallbash:

Quite

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2018, 10:17:35 PM »
I just wanted to add some advice for men in a similar financial situation as the OP. The OP is an attorney, so he probably already knows. For others that have lots of assets before marriage, DO NOT comingle them with any joint accounts you will have after you marry.

If you have lots of real estate, establish a trust for ownership

Bad idea. It's hard for a woman to develop love for a husband if he continues to live as he's single. But what if love develops and husband and wife want to be together forever yet keep assets and accounts separate? When the government contacts them to apply for the permanent green card and interview, they may be in for a big surprise. Because there is little evidence that they are living as a married couple, the interviewer may not believe they are in a legitimate marriage. American men who brings a woman over here, get her name on utility bills, your automobiles, bank and credit card accounts if you want to keep her.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:32:02 AM by AnonMod »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2018, 09:21:03 AM »
I would suggest though that the FSU acts in a different way, they have a different thought process to Venezuelans no doubt. A lot of scams are not direct confrontations or acts of aggression. It's more a lot of acting and passive carry on for the most part. There are of course those that go further as has been illustrated. A lot of Ukrainians for example are a load of pussies they are not hard core South American gang types, they know that a bad fight can see them in a sh*tty state rum hospital in Ukraine - it could be the beginning of the end for them, they have other concerns. So they will often just try to blag or trick for the bit of extra money.

No Ukrainian is going to go to jail, where he will be at the bottom of the prison hierarchy, for robbing a foreigner of $100 or $1000.  Plus, robbing a foreigner carries a higher sentence than robbing a local.

A number of years ago, an oligarch in Donetsk was attending a football match.  He was a target.  Someone wanted to get rid of him. So they blew him up in his stadium seat at the match.  The 12 or so innocents he killed were just collateral damage.  So yeah, Ukrainian criminals are real pussies. :rolleyes:
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GenMish

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2018, 10:54:28 AM »
Bad idea. It's hard for a woman to develop love for a husband if he continues to live as he's single. But what if love develops and husband and wife want to be together forever yet keep assets and accounts separate? When the government contacts them to apply for the permanent green card and interview, they may be in for a big surprise. Because there is little evidence that they are living as a married couple, the interviewer may not believe they are in a legitimate marriage. American men who brings a woman over here, get her name on utility bills, your automobiles, bank and credit card accounts if you want to keep her.

Billy,
You might be OK getting zero in a divorce settlement, but most people arent. US divorce laws are generally pretty fair. And the law in most states allow a man or woman to keep assets they obtained BEFORE the marriage, as long as it is not comingled. You see, I am 20+ years ahead of you, and had a great marriage with a FSU lady until the last few years when it went south(mainly my fault). Anybodys marriage can go south. However, we both will have comfortable retirements, because we obtained a lot of assets during those years.

imo- A quality FSU lady wants a smart man to take care of her and future children, not an idiot that would sign away everything he owned to someone he knew for a short period of time
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:32:19 AM by AnonMod »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1863
Total: 1874

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM