It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Planning a first visit  (Read 43348 times)

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Planning a first visit
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2016, 05:09:49 PM »
I can only speak for Moscow. I do recommend English speaking hotels for 1st visit. One of our members here who lives in Moscow says to try Angel Taxi at airport. If you are interested in them I can locate info. You must be careful about airport taxi group. If woman can meet you it would be a big help. In the past I found that if there is a problem at hotel for your guest they will let her register herself as guest but I think now this is now more relaxed. Probably not a good idea to leave Moscow for other places on first visit.

After first few years I discovered apartments and they worked out fine. Better hotels have guide book named 'Where" which has excellent guide for metro. It only takes a short time to be an expert. In English and Russian. Not sure about Ukraine but there are enough sights in Moscow to last all the time you are there.Pay close attention from members here who have warnings. Like me they have probably had experiences.

It wasn't long ago in Russia that when I had women come as my guest that I became the guide.Many of the women had not been able to afford the city themselves so it was a  treat for them. But beware of women with expensive tastes. I only met one and all others were cheaper than me and careful about my money.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2016, 05:29:13 PM »
I can only speak for Moscow. I do recommend English speaking hotels for 1st visit. One of our members here who lives in Moscow says to try Angel Taxi at airport. If you are interested in them I can locate info. You must be careful about airport taxi group. If woman can meet you it would be a big help. In the past I found that if there is a problem at hotel for your guest they will let her register herself as guest but I think now this is now more relaxed. Probably not a good idea to leave Moscow for other places on first visit.

After first few years I discovered apartments and they worked out fine. Better hotels have guide book named 'Where" which has excellent guide for metro. It only takes a short time to be an expert. In English and Russian. Not sure about Ukraine but there are enough sights in Moscow to last all the time you are there.Pay close attention from members here who have warnings. Like me they have probably had experiences.

With the resources available on the internet today, there's no real excuse for somebody travelling to NOT become extremely well-informed about their destination(s) (not just the FSU - everywhere).  I spent hours and hours researching Moscow before I went there the first time, with the result that I was quite happy to use the train/Metro combination to get from Domodedovo to my hotel near the Botanical Gardens in the northern suburbs.  The only thing I hadn't expected was being charged for my suitcase on the Metro as if it were a person!  :cluebat:

I had also done a short night school course in basic Russian, which I would certainly recommend.  The Cyrillic alphabet, whilst visually challenging to the uninitiated, is not actually that difficult to learn.  If you have that knowledge, as well as a guide book/phrase book, life will certainly be easier, even if most people that you meet don't speak English.

The women that I met on my trips each turned up at the airports where we had arranged to meet (Kazan on the first trip, Rostov-na-Donu on the second), so that certainly made life easier.  However, even if they hadn't, I would have coped OK.  A lot of this, I think, simply comes down to how confident you are when travelling.  New Zealanders and Australians have to travel overseas (literally) to get anywhere - those from Europe and North America don't.  That means that we're pretty much always outside our comfort zone, unlike someone going from Florida to Yellowstone, or Los Angeles to Las Vegas.

Offline olgaavel

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2016, 06:27:55 PM »
The member with nickname YES is not Russian...Russian never speak like he does..
And I think I know  who is it.
 In 2011 moderator blocked one unstable man at this website who had  names as( Going to Russia,Going to Moldova,enot)Unfortunately this man has a nervous palsy and his real name is Steve Karl Herman.He lived in Michigan  but he moved to Las vegas view yeras ago after that. So you can check his IP address and you will  find he occupied this site again.
My guess  his new name  is 2tallBill .He trys to find any  russian for long period of time  but no one want to have any relationship with him.He absolutely in the bad condition.He doesn't have any friends even.His mental condition isn't work properly. Unfortunately no one can help him.One interpreter said about him as  NO one want to have free bag in their lives.
He dreams to find any russian  women who will care about him, but it's  unreal dream.He is sitting all the days before computer and writing thousand nasty comments about everything.  He also registered under different nick names and trys to discuss with himself.I am absolutely positive that no way for him to have any relationship with russian.Sincerely honest...

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2016, 06:45:27 PM »
My guess  his new name  is 2tallBill .He trys to find any  russian for long period of time  but no one want to have any relationship with him.He absolutely in the bad condition.He doesn't have any friends even.His mental condition isn't work properly. Unfortunately no one can help him.One interpreter said about him as  NO one want to have free bag in their lives.
He dreams to find any russian  women who will care about him, but it's  unreal dream.He is sitting all the days before computer and writing thousand nasty comments about everything.  He also registered under different nick names and trys to discuss with himself.I am absolutely positive that no way for him to have any relationship with russian.Sincerely honest...

2tallbill is married to a Russian. You can read his trip report here in the trip report section.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2016, 07:48:29 PM »
Oh, well that is very interesting.  It tells me something more about the girl I went to meet in Kiev a year and a half ago.  She arranged with a driver from work (apparently) to come with her to fetch me at the airport.  She said the cost was 50USD.  Each way.  I paid.

Live and learn!  :D

Well... didn't you want to get screwed in Ukraine?  :D I was there early this year and my MIL called a taxi to and from the airport. 200UAH each way. It's that cheap.

First of all, I am Russian.

Welcome to the forum Olga. Seems like you've had some experience on forums before.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2016, 08:09:07 PM »
But this included sex . . . coming and going.

And you did get screwed.

I most certainly did get screwed, no doubt about it!  ;D :D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Planning a first visit
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »
The member with nickname YES is not Russian...Russian never speak like he does..
 In 2011 moderator blocked one unstable man at this website who had  names as( Going to Russia,Going to Moldova,enot)Unfortunately this man has a nervous palsy and his real name is Steve Karl Herman.He lived in Michigan  but he moved to Las vegas view yeras ago after that. So you can check his IP address and you will  find he occupied this site again.

Olga,

Welcome to the forum.

I am married to a Russian woman and have been posting here since 2006
so I am not new to the forum operating under a new moniker. Most of the
members here wouldn't describe my comments here as nasty and I've never
been put on any moderated status in the ten years that I've been here.

I know many Russian words but my Russian is horrible, I make many mistakes
especially with cases and I could never credibly pass myself off as Russian especially
here on the forum where there are so many members who are fluent or nearly so.
My Russian is more like a cross between baby talk and a caveman.

I've never lived in Michigan or Las Vegas although I did get married in Las Vegas. 
Many members know me away from the forum and can confirm that I am not
Steve or somebody else.

It would be very, very easy for a moderator to prove or disprove your theory if
they had any suspicions about me and yes they could check my IP address and
see that I am not posting from Las Vegas.

I think you have me confused with someone else. What's a free bag? Just curious.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2016, 02:42:20 AM »
It was interesting to read this Russia vs. Ukraine discussion in the dating context. I would strongly recommend coming to Russia or (if you want to visit Ukraine) then go to Western Ukraine only. Western UA it's places like Lvov, Uzhgorod, Ternopol and the neighboring oblasts (regions). Though it might be more difficult to get to Russia visa-wise etc., but it's worth it. It's silly to discuss looks of RW vs. UW. It's a matter of personal taste. Also in Ukraine about a third of the population are ethnic Russians, so keep that in mind too.
It's much safer in Russia (I'm talking about Moscow region). It's much easier to do things like opening a bank account, to exchange currency etc. Russian segment of Internet is incomparably better than one in UA. Medical services are better in Russia. Also in Russia there's no dating industry in a bad sense. Therefore less scam. Russian women generally much better off financially and therefore they can usually stand firm on their feet by themselves. Most important difference between Russian women and women in the Ukraine (and Belarus too) is that women in Russia are more willing to take risks. Marrying a foreign man and emigrating is always somewhat risky (in women's eyes). I think women in RU are more brave in that sense. They are more willing to travel. I might be wrong, but I've got an impression that it's more difficult for a Russian woman to find a partner than for a woman in Ukraine. Therefore, women in Russia are less picky. So if you're from the West, then if you want to do something political, then go to Ukraine, if you want to get married - come to Russia. In Moscow it's much better in terms of weather (less humid). Dnepr river is more like a lake in a middle of Kiev and in summer if it rains, I can hardly breath. In Moscow I never have those problems.
P.S. Western Ukraine is a relatively small area and it's very special. It's more like your typical Eastern Europe and not a former Soviet republic. It's the ONLY part of Ukraine in which I actually really enjoyed my stay. Though for a Russian speaker like myself it's somewhat more difficult to be in a place in which almost everyone speaks a different language (Ukrainian). Well, they know Russian too, but for them Russian is still a foreign language. In other parts of Ukraine most people speak Russian on a daily basis.
Fly to Budapest and from there take a train to Uzhgorod. It's only a few hour ride.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:52:52 AM by papakota »

Offline GatoMoon

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2016, 04:14:53 AM »

You have made very poor judge of characters.  It doesn't look like it is HIM !!! 

Offline ML

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2016, 06:24:27 AM »
Olgaavel, you are 180 degrees off concerning Big Bill.

He is one of our most illustrious and honorable members.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2016, 07:03:38 AM »

I know this person your are talking about. He is not TooTallBill. GoingToRussia is much older than Bill.
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline msmob

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2016, 10:00:56 AM »
It's much safer in Russia (I'm talking about Moscow region).

Than where ? Moscow is my least fav Russian city - I much prefer any other city you could mention - safety wise.

It's much easier to do things like opening a bank account, to exchange currency etc. Russian segment of Internet is incomparably better than one in UA.

Very subjective - if you are comparing cities - can't agree

Also in Russia there's no dating industry in a bad sense. Therefore less scam.

They just moved from Yoshkar-Ola to Lugansk / Odessa..

[quote author=papakota]
Russian women generally much better off financially and therefore they can usually stand firm on their feet by themselves. Most important difference between Russian women and women in the Ukraine (and Belarus too) is that women in Russia are more willing to take risks. Marrying a foreign man and emigrating is always somewhat risky (in women's eyes). I think women in RU are more brave in that sense. They are more willing to travel. I might be wrong, but I've got an impression that it's more difficult for a Russian woman to find a partner than for a woman in Ukraine. Therefore, women in Russia are less picky. So if you're from the West, then if you want to do something political, then go to Ukraine, if you want to get married - come to Russia.

I've dated Russians and ''eth Russian'' ladies in Ukraine and simply cannot say I've had the same experience....I had to laugh at Russian women being less picky - sorry ((

Perhaps UA women in places like Kyiv and Odessa get more western men visiting and have got wiser ?

In Moscow it's much better in terms of weather (less humid). Dnepr river is more like a lake in a middle of Kiev and in summer if it rains, I can hardly breath. In Moscow I never have those problems.

Give me Kyiv and a quicker escape to lakes outside the city - than Moscow - any day

I just can't fall in love with Moscow[
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:23:56 PM by msmob »

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2016, 11:41:04 AM »
msmob,
You can say whatever you want, but I say things based on my personal experience of living in Russia for about 3,5 years and spending time in Ukraine (about a month). Well, I also spent more time in Ukraine a long time ago, but I don't count that time. So in one month in Ukraine I've had more troubles than in three and half years in Russia. In Ukraine it's like in Somalia or something - police literally non-existent. Therefore people do what they want. Especially when they're drunk.

Nothing is subjective. Just go to a bank (as a tourist) and you'll see. It took me a whole week to open a bank account in Kharkov whereas it took me an hour to do that in Russia. Well, in Uzhgorod it was as easy as in Russia, but Western Ukraine is a different story altogether. Also in Russia you don't have those silly rules for non-residents when it comes to currency exchange like in Ukraine.

I agree that some stuff I've said about dating was subjective and maybe it's just my personal experience. Dating industry is more active in Ukraine. That's why Ukraine attracts more attention. But if that industry is based on scam, then whose interest does it serve? Only its own. And a visa-free travel also does its thing.

If you had weak heart, then your opinion about water in summertime would've been different. But I agree, for a healthy person it's not a big deal, generally speaking.

Compare RUNET and UANET. You would laugh at the latter. Simply incomparable.

And like I said, Western Ukraine is very nice and I never advised to avoid going to Ukraine to begin with. So there's nothing to argue about here. Still I'm 200% sure that an average foreign man has better marriage chance in Russia, than in Ukraine or Belarus. The latter for some strange reason is always being overlooked here on the forum. In Russia there's almost FOUR TIMES more people than in de facto Ukraine as of today. In Ukraine de facto a little over 40M. Here it's almost 150M.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:06:15 PM by papakota »

Offline msmob

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2016, 01:44:54 PM »
msmob,
You can say whatever you want, but I say things based on my personal experience of living in Russia for about 3,5 years

..and I base MY opinion having been visiting Russian ./ Ukraine over 16 years and staying 3 months at a time - quite frequently. My experience and yours differ.. Few are the cities in Russia / Ukraine I haven't seen - being a nut about the 'Great Patriotic War' and Hero cities

If you read my first time in Sochi I encountered the traffic police three times in four days ;)

This is why this statement below is nonsense,,

Nothing is subjective. Just go to a bank (as a tourist) and you'll see. It took me a whole week to open a bank account in Kharkov whereas it took me an hour to do that in Russia. Well, in Uzhgorod it was as easy as in Russia, but Western Ukraine is a different story altogether. Also in Russia you don't have those silly rules for non-residents when it comes to currency exchange like in Ukraine.

Having opened Raiffeisen accounts in both Russia and Ukraine - both within hours - I beg to differ. I had a Cyprus based company with Directors living in UA and Ru and we used to meet in Kyiv - most regularly.
[/size]
[/size]

And like I said, Western Ukraine is very nice and I never advised to avoid going to Ukraine to begin with. So there's nothing to argue about here. Still I'm 200% sure that an average foreign man has better marriage chance in Russia, than in Ukraine or Belarus. The latter for some strange reason is always being overlooked here on the forum. In Russia there's almost FOUR TIMES more people than in de facto Ukraine as of today. In Ukraine de facto a little over 40M. Here it's almost 150M.

I didn't offer a differing opinion on w.Ukraine and would be the last person to recommend one former soviet union nation over another- I am VERY much a "go where the lady that interests you lives", guy

Really, I just can't agree Russian women aren't as picky..

PS anybody got an idea why you can see coding - like 'size' when it doesn't appear in preview mode ?

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2016, 04:25:54 PM »
I don't come here to have silly arguments about nothing. I said what I said and that's it. You're more than welcome to disagree.
But if you can't even handle replying here without HTML code being shown when it shouldn't have been, it doesn't add a credibility to your answers.
The lady might live in Vladivostok too, but you won't fly for like 9 hrs. one way to see her for half an hour in McD just to learn she wasn't serious. And what if she doesn't even show up? What you gonna do? Sue her? So it's not that you go where the lady lives, but you go where it's more convenient for you. And have a few backup options too. Just because you liked someone and she was polite and nice to you before the meeting doesn't mean anything in terms of your chances in a real life.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »
Hey papakota, I'll take you up on your offer. I'll come to Moscow)

Offline olgaavel

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2016, 07:27:24 PM »
For 2TALLBILL reply
If you really have a russian wife why don't you ask  her about what does it mean?Your profile was indicated that you are looking  for some russian women  ..Are cheating your wife?
Well,.....I can explane you what does it mean."to have a free bag" it means you have somebody like luggage or like an addition which you really don't need. You  have created your life harder than it really should  have .
Free bag is Steve K Herman, who is an invalid, who can't walk and who has a  mental problem even. No one wants to have an addition like he is,   in their lives. He doesn't understand it.
 Life in Russia, for people like he, is absolutely horrible. We don't have any appliances for disabled peple. In Russia the people like he can't survive.Russian mentality is absolutely different from American mentality, so women can't consider him for marriage.It a myth he thinks he can find somebody in Russia  as American don't want him.
I do believe that marrige is an  union when two persons have something common, like hobbies.I think all russian women like activities - hiking,dancing and so forth.
What can you have common with person like he? What kind of hobbies should you have with him? He absolutely  unstable. Look on Internet what does cerebral   palsy  mean, may be you will more clear about it.
Cerebral palsy (CP) is a disorder that affects muscle tone, movement, and motor skills (the ability to move in a coordinated and purposeful way). CP usually is caused by brain damage that happens before or during a baby's birth, or during the first 3 to 5 years of a child's life.
In addition.I still warn you don't have a stupid decision to go to Russia.
If my friends ask me an advice to a visit to Russia, I'd tell them it's  a wrong time to go to Russia.
I am surprised how many people on this web site unresponsible. Your travel could be dangerous even .The guys who reccomend you to go to Russia don't think about your safety.After last 2-3 years russia has become the closed territory country.I can find plenty information about it.I think the guys who encourage you to go have not been in Russia for long period of time.
I really don't want to discuss about it.I only hope that Russia will has never to returned to f..Soviet Union time again

PS  for  mentaly sick  herman ( I 'm going to talk with a police about your threaten)I talked about you with my husband already.If something happend with me or my husband your place in the jail is guaranted.
This is my last comment so I don't want to waste my time.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »
Olga,

Not really sure what you are trying to say. Bill's profile says he is married. His story is posted in the trip reports section of this forum. Don't know who this other guy with Cerebral Palsy is. Your post is all over the place. I understand that English is not your first language. If you are trying to make a point it is not getting through (at least to me).

Shrugs,
HDL

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Planning a first visit
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2016, 07:57:10 PM »
For 2TALLBILL reply
If you really have a russian wife why don't you ask  her about what does it mean?Your profile was indicated that you are looking  for some russian women  ..Are cheating your wife?

I have a Russian wife and I did ask her what free bag meant. She didn't
understand the reference or the context of what you said. She doesn't
participate here and has no interest to do so.

I am very happily married and my profile clearly says that I am married
0-2 years (it will be two years in 6 days), my spouse is from Russia and
that my trips are more than 10.
I am slightly taller than 2 meters (not in profile info)

My wife is very pretty and she is only 41 years old. Do you really think that if I
had a twin brother (I  don't) that a 41 year old Russian woman wouldn't
be interested in him? I'm not Brad Pitt but I don't look like whoever Steve is
either.

Here is a photo of myself and our son who is 18 months old

I am here because I received valuable advice here when I was searching and
that I thought that I should help others to find the happiness that I have found.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:04:42 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline whynotme

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2016, 09:49:20 PM »
For 2TALLBILL reply
Well,.....I can explane you what does it mean."to have a free bag" it means you have somebody like luggage or like an addition which you really don't need. You  have created your life harder than it really should  have .
Free bag is Steve K Herman, who is an invalid, who can't walk and who has a  mental problem even. No one wants to have an addition like he is,   in their lives. He doesn't understand it.
 Life in Russia, for people like he, is absolutely horrible. We don't have any appliances for disabled peple. In Russia the people like he can't survive.Russian mentality is absolutely different from American mentality, so women can't consider him for marriage.It a myth he thinks he can find somebody in Russia  as American don't want him.
I do believe that marrige is an  union when two persons have something common, like hobbies.I think all russian women like activities - hiking,dancing and so forth.
What can you have common with person like he? What kind of hobbies should you have with him? He absolutely  unstable. Look on Internet what does cerebral   palsy  mean, may be you will more clear about it.
Cerebral palsy (CP) is a disorder that affects muscle tone, movement, and motor skills (the ability to move in a coordinated and purposeful way). CP usually is caused by brain damage that happens before or during a baby's birth, or during the first 3 to 5 years of a child's life.
In addition.I still warn you don't have a stupid decision to go to Russia.
If my friends ask me an advice to a visit to Russia, I'd tell them it's  a wrong time to go to Russia.
I am surprised how many people on this web site unresponsible. Your travel could be dangerous even .The guys who reccomend you to go to Russia don't think about your safety.After last 2-3 years russia has become the closed territory country.I can find plenty information about it.I think the guys who encourage you to go have not been in Russia for long period of time.
I really don't want to discuss about it.I only hope that Russia will has never to returned to f..Soviet Union time again

PS  for  mentaly sick  herman ( I 'm going to talk with a police about your threaten)I talked about you with my husband already.If something happend with me or my husband your place in the jail is guaranted.
This is my last comment so I don't want to waste my time.
Как говорится, баба с возу - кобыле легче.
Madame, what have you lost on this forum? Before accusing somebody you should find out is that a person you are talking about.
As for safety ... it's completely safe to travel even for Americans. If you have something you don't like in Russia, nobody force you to stay there. Rather, Americans should beware of hysterical as you, but such people are possible to meet in any country.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2016, 11:42:12 PM »
Olga,
I don't understand your comments either.  Are you in the gulag or a psychiatric hospital?  In these places it might be as bad as you describe.

2tallbill is a top standing member on this forum and not connected with whatever people you are having some troubles with.

As for me, I am going to Moscow shortly.  I am not afraid of it at all.  If I didn't feel it was a highly civilized place, I wouldn't dream of going there.

If you are free to leave Russia, you should do so immediately.  Otherwise, you should take stock and consider whether the situation is as  bad as you  think it is.

Russia is a very pleasant place.  I've  been there.  I know.  And I'm going back soon.

Cheers!

Offline CaptB

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2016, 12:27:56 AM »
Olgaavel,

I think you have the wrong person. Too many here will vouch for Bill. Making a mistake is no big deal....if you admit. To continue with an obvious mistake is foolish. Even if this "other" person had CB (cerebral palsy).......are you saying that because of a medical condition......they are not entitled to......"happiness".......like all people.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2016, 04:38:42 AM »
...Even if this "other" person had CB (cerebral palsy).......are you saying that because of a medical condition......they are not entitled to......"happiness".......like all people.

I don't think Olga means that at all.  One thing I noticed for myself in Russia, and many others have commented on it as well, is that physically disabled people are simply not catered for in the FSU.  Hardly any buildings have wheelchair access available, for example, and there's no way on earth that you could get a wheelchair into the tiny excuses for elevators which serviced all the apartment blocks that I stayed in or visited.

There are hardly any ramps into the underground street crossings or Metro stations, and those that are there are normally too steep to be used safely by anything heavier than an empty pushchair.  And that's without even mentioning the huge kerbs on each street, where it's quite easy to trip over and break an ankle when you try to cross the road.

One result of all this, as has been posted here by FSU members themselves, is that many (most?) FSU people totally ignore people with disabilities.  The thought of any such person being stupid enough to want to travel to the FSU in search of love is simply an unfathomable tragicomedy to such people.

An Australian friend of mine experienced this first-hand.  He's been in a wheelchair for many years, as the result of an accident, but travelled all around the world for quite some time as part of his job.  While not needing to look for love, his only trip to Russia left him fuming about the total shittiness of pretty much everyone's attitude to him and his disability, to the extent that he vowed never to go back.

Offline msmob

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2016, 06:01:28 AM »
I don't think Olga means that at all.  One thing I noticed for myself in Russia, and many others have commented on it as well, is that physically disabled people are simply not catered for in the FSU.  Hardly any buildings have wheelchair access available, for example, and there's no way on earth that you could get a wheelchair into the tiny excuses for elevators which serviced all the apartment blocks that I stayed in or visited.

There are hardly any ramps into the underground street crossings or Metro stations, and those that are there are normally too steep to be used safely by anything heavier than an empty pushchair.  And that's without even mentioning the huge kerbs on each street, where it's quite easy to trip over and break an ankle when you try to cross the road.

One result of all this, as has been posted here by FSU members themselves, is that many (most?) FSU people totally ignore people with disabilities.  The thought of any such person being stupid enough to want to travel to the FSU in search of love is simply an unfathomable tragicomedy to such people.

An Australian friend of mine experienced this first-hand.  He's been in a wheelchair for many years, as the result of an accident, but travelled all around the world for quite some time as part of his job.  While not needing to look for love, his only trip to Russia left him fuming about the total shittiness of pretty much everyone's attitude to him and his disability, to the extent that he vowed never to go back.

As someone who has been in several RU cities this year from Moscow, Novosibirsk to Sochi - I can confirm that lots of entrance to Metros and pedestrian underpasses have disabled access and lowered kerbs..

Times - as they say are a changin' ..  When were you last in Russia ?

Offline msmob

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2016, 08:32:06 AM »
For 2TALLBILL reply
If you really have a russian wife

He certainly does - and if you take the time to read his posts and saw his posts on social media - you'd realise he adores her, their son, step-daughter and family

I am certain you would appreciate the services of a fluent translator - as you have misunderstood Bills true meaning

This is my last comment so I don't want to waste my time.[/size]
[size=0px]

I certainly hope that you can reconsider - when you realise you are so mistaken  - as diverse opinions and experiences are welcome on here

[/size]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:37:43 AM by msmob »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541317
Total Topics: 20860