It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Putin is Ruining Russia  (Read 234984 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Putin is Ruining Russia
« Reply #1100 on: May 17, 2015, 12:48:46 PM »
And no, I never defended Yanukovich except to say, which is true, that he was the legally elected President of Ukraine until the nazi junta took over. Why didn't they wait for the election?

He was legally elected, but he stole more than a quarter of Ukraine's state budget.  That is why Euromaidan happened, and that is why he left office.  He had members of his own Party of Regions voting for his impeachment, so, unless you believe his own party was part of the "junta", you are woefully misinformed.

Perhaps you should read something other than pro Russian conspiracy sites.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

lordtiberius

« Reply #1101 on: May 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM »
Make up Your mind, man. Last time you DID Call me a liar.

I called you a liar?  Show me the link.  Maybe I said it in light of a context that wasn't clear.  Or maybe you misunderstood.  Either way, put up or shut up or can you do that?

Name calling is for a Group, not individuals, so that's alright in my book.

You did not call Boethius a Nazi?

If I don't know what I'm talking about, why are you so angry then?
And no, I never defended Yanukovich except to say, which is true, that he was the legally elected President of Ukraine until the nazi junta took over. Why didn't they wait for the election?

You are defending him now - rather badly I must say.

Offline The Natural

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1102 on: May 17, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »
We've been around this a lot. Fact is you won't Accept ANY Source and there's a limit to my time and patience With you. We should all have as much time on Our hands as Canadian lawyers!

Ah, so nobody elected stole before Yanukovich? haha. The demonstrations ended up in a bloody coup because the State Department facilitated that and then the nazi friends of Yours took over With snipers and the situation escalated. Many well-meaning People was had. They are now regretting being a part of it, now, I'm sure.

But I Guess you're happy With the situation in Your beloved Ukraine. Oligarchs and nazis run Wild and the country are near bankrupt and a fire sale of the land to multinationals are in full swing. I fully expect you to very soon move to this land of opportunity, Democracy, end of corruption and so on. Be sure to make a report here on it.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #1103 on: May 17, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »
  Either way, put up or shut up or can you do that?

Are you a parrot? Or do you just generally have the hots for Bo?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:05:55 PM by The Natural »

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1104 on: May 17, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »
When Pro-Russian propagandists call the new govt in Kyiv, 'fascist', it is totally absurd. All we have to do is compare Kyiv with Moscow. It's that simple and easy to do. It is a severe contrast.
Kyiv
___Pro-democracy
___for free trade
___for a European lifestyle
___for free speech, multiple media outlets
___for freedom of assembly/protests
___for sovereignty of Ukraine, with secure borders
___for a policy of fighting corruption
Moscow
___anti-democracy
___against freedom of speech, against multiple media outlets
___against freedom of assembly
___against sovereignty of post-Soviet nations, including Ukraine
___against any actions aimed at fighting internal corruption

So, it is easy to see which government is fascist. Russia.
When Ukraine was about to sign the trade deal with the EU, Moscow threatened Ukraine with harsh consequences. When Yanu threatened his own people when he ordered them to stop the massive protests, his own people reacted with a people's junta. They threw him out and that was a good thing. I ask you to talk with people in the EU, and Kyiv. It will be obvious that these people are not extremists or fascists. They want to follow in the footsteps of Poland, not Russia. Look at how Russia has treated Poland in the past. Putin hates the idea that the cradle of Russian civilization in Kyiv, has turned toward the EU and a democratic system, a system with a goal of ending corruption, a system far different from the old Soviet system that Putin somehow admires. This is at the heart of Putin's and Russia's problem.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #1105 on: May 17, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »
Yanu was OKAY, after all, everyone before him stole and stole. HA!!! Great logic.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1106 on: May 17, 2015, 01:07:09 PM »
It may seem to you that I am here all the time, but I'm not.

I read voraciously, both fiction and non fiction.  My kids are at an age where we (the better half and I) are afterthoughts.  I only come here when my husband is at work, or fishing, because it is a past time that he enjoys and I do not.  I am past the point in our relationship where I will sit beside the river reading, particularly on days like today, when it is 7C.

I type 90 wpm and don't use spellcheck.  I am usually working when I post here, waiting for things to load or print.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

lordtiberius

« Reply #1107 on: May 17, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »
We've been around this a lot. Fact is you won't Accept ANY Source and there's a limit to my time and patience With you. We should all have as much time on Our hands as Canadian lawyers!

Ah, so nobody elected stole before Yanukovich? haha. The demonstrations ended up in a bloody coup because the State Department facilitated that and then the nazi friends of Yours took over With snipers and the situation escalated. Many well-meaning People was had. They are now regretting being a part of it, now, I'm sure.

But I Guess you're happy With the situation in Your beloved Ukraine. Oligarchs and nazis run Wild and the country are near bankrupt and a fire sale of the land to multinationals are in full swing. I fully expect you to very soon move to this land of opportunity, Democracy, end of corruption and so on. Be sure to make a report here on it.

Your comprehension of basic facts leaves much to be decided.  What I do with my money and my time is my business.  When you demonstrate a more credible commitment to reality we can play "Quien es mas macho?"

Until that time . . .

Offline The Natural

« Reply #1108 on: May 17, 2015, 01:25:36 PM »
Yanu was OKAY, after all, everyone before him stole and stole. HA!!! Great logic.

Who said he was OK? What I said he was the legally elected President and in a normal country would have been voted out of Office in an election if People wanted change. But I Guess democratic rules don't apply when the Empire wants change NOW and feel it needs a Proxy war With Russia. Well, that backfired and the Ukrainian People are left paying for it.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #1109 on: May 17, 2015, 01:28:45 PM »
Your comprehension of basic facts leaves much to be decided.  What I do with my money and my time is my business.  When you demonstrate a more credible commitment to reality we can play "Quien es mas macho?"

Until that time . . .

I wasn't talking to you, you ..... censored.
There won't be a Next time. Fight Your demons elsewhere. I ain't playing.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1110 on: May 17, 2015, 01:29:52 PM »
In a normal country, he would have been put on trial for stealing state funds, and been jailed.

In a normal country, the president would not have changed the constitution illegally, either.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #1111 on: May 17, 2015, 01:32:11 PM »
Who said he was OK? What I said he was the legally elected President and in a normal country would have been voted out of Office in an election if People wanted change. But I Guess democratic rules don't apply when the Empire wants change NOW and feel it needs a Proxy war With Russia. Well, that backfired and the Ukrainian People are left paying for it.

But you're leaving out some key facts. How convenient. Like 100,000 people on Maidan, who were told they it was now ILLEGAL for them to be there or to wear protective helmets. So, when you use the word 'legal', we can say that it was illegal for protesters to assemble on Maidan, right? In a 'normal' country, the President's court does NOT suddenly say that it is illegal to assemble on the central square. You can say it was 'legal' for Yanu to pretend that he wanted to sign a trade agreement with the EU. Yes it was legal for him to break his promise. ...and I think the reaction was quite logical and sane. They threw the liar out of office, right after Yanu bowed to pressure from Russia. The people clearly saw Putin's manipulations...

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #1112 on: May 17, 2015, 01:34:28 PM »
In a normal country, he would have been put on trial for stealing state funds, and been jailed.

In a normal country, the president would not have changed the constitution illegally, either.

Yes!! True. The Unnatural should read that...

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1113 on: May 17, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
Boe -

You say that you write 90 WPM.  I am curious what you write (aside from here, of course).  Do you write pieces for blogs or fiction?

With your breadth of knowledge it would be neat to know the things that you have touched with your writings.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #1114 on: May 17, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
Stay on topic. thanks.

Offline onlyFSU4me

« Reply #1115 on: May 17, 2015, 01:56:18 PM »

Wait a minute... are you saying that Ukraine started this proxy war with Russia? How exactly did they do that? Did Ukraine come to the rescue of "Ukrainian speaking people" in Russia?
 Defending your country from outside forces is  not starting a proxy war!  :rolleyes:

Or are you saying the US starting this proxy war? That is even more ridiculous than saying that Ukraine started one! Why would they do this now when they are at their weakest state in decades and Russia is stronger now than they were in the 90's? Why not do this in the 90's when Russia was at it's weakest and the US was so much more powerful? That logic makes no sense at all!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:09:45 PM by onlyFSU4me »

Offline The Natural

« Reply #1116 on: May 17, 2015, 02:04:53 PM »

Wait a minute... are you saying that Ukraine started this proxy war with Russia? How exactly did they do that? Did Ukraine come to the rescue of "Ukrainian speaking people" in Russia?
 Defending your country from outside forces is  not starting a proxy war!  :rolleyes:

No, that's not what I said. Now, go back and read it again, as many times as it takes for you to understand what I REALLY said. As for me, I'll retire now. Goodnight.

lordtiberius

« Reply #1117 on: May 17, 2015, 02:11:41 PM »
As for me, I'll retire now.

if only that were true

Offline onlyFSU4me

« Reply #1118 on: May 17, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »
No, that's not what I said. Now, go back and read it again, as many times as it takes for you to understand what I REALLY said. As for me, I'll retire now. Goodnight.

What you wrote was quite misleading... but I reread it after I posted that and edited my post while you posted this... so read above again.

Offline Doll

« Reply #1119 on: May 17, 2015, 03:53:32 PM »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1120 on: May 17, 2015, 03:57:30 PM »
So did you think it was better when Yanukovych leased 5% of Ukraine's total lands in perpetuity to the Chinese, and pocketed 25% of Ukraine's revenue, Doll?

Offline Doll

« Reply #1121 on: May 17, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »
So did you think it was better when Yanukovych leased 5% of Ukraine's total lands in perpetuity to the Chinese, and pocketed 25% of Ukraine's revenue, Doll?
It is times better now, so go ahead and enjoy your Ukraine NOW  :D

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1122 on: May 17, 2015, 04:00:34 PM »
Boe -

You say that you write 90 WPM.  I am curious what you write (aside from here, of course).  Do you write pieces for blogs or fiction?

With your breadth of knowledge it would be neat to know the things that you have touched with your writings.

Type 90 wpm. 

I don't write anywhere else, other than in my professional capacity.  I have no online presence on blogs, no twitter, no facebook account, not even a professional webpage, as I don't really need it.  All my work is from networking.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1123 on: May 17, 2015, 04:01:12 PM »
It is times better now, so go ahead and enjoy your Ukraine NOW  :D

They would be, had Ukraine's neighbour not invaded them and decided to support the killing of thousands of Ukrainians.

lordtiberius

« Reply #1124 on: May 17, 2015, 07:22:09 PM »
She doesn't care.  Its always someone else's fault.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541470
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3405
Most Online Ever: 12701