It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

How long did you wait before you traveled to meet your woman?

Within one month of first contact
4 (21.1%)
Within two monts of first contact
9 (47.4%)
Within six months of first contact
6 (31.6%)
She's really only a pen pal.  But I dream about her at night.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Time before first meeting?  (Read 3333 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Time before first meeting?
« on: November 26, 2015, 08:39:08 AM »
Some guys have all the luck.  They meet a gal at a party or their friend introduces them.  There is no germinating period before going on a date. 

But for guys dating women from the FSU, there is a lag time before meeting.  The correspondence begins.  Then a trip is planned.  Sometimes you are meeting many women.  Sometimes only one. 

How long are you able to keep a woman's interest (particularly a pretty one) before some other guy sweeps her away?

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gator

Re: Time before first meeting?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:06:20 AM »
My experience with three trips starting from ground zero, and 15-20 trips to continue a relationship.

-   Once a woman decides to meet a foreign man, she likely will not commit to a  local FSUM, but many will  continue  to see a local "friend."

-   Unless the woman lives in a city such as Moscow, she will not be visited by many Western men.  In the old days with active agencies, many women in the provincial cities would have dates arranged by an agency without any prior communication. 

-   If you have communicated thoroughly enough to develop some level of true attraction (more than being interested), she will wait.  Blues Fairy communicated for a year with her future husband before they met in person.   

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 10:28:14 AM »
Depends on many factors I imagine. A woman's age and how many local men pursuing her will play big roles. Your ability to come through on your promises is a big one as well.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 12:09:39 PM »
Some guys have all the luck.  They meet a gal at a party or their friend introduces them.  There is no germinating period before going on a date. 

But for guys dating women from the FSU, there is a lag time before meeting.  The correspondence begins.  Then a trip is planned.  Sometimes you are meeting many women.  Sometimes only one. 

How long are you able to keep a woman's interest (particularly a pretty one) before some other guy sweeps her away?

I met a girl on EM, we talked and skyped about 2-3 months then I went on a
trip to meet her, she was a  beautiful and tall green eyed Russian girl, things
didn't work out.

So I started dating women I met on Mamba and Vk.com. I met Angel
Eyes and dated her several times before I had to come home. That was
in January, I met her again in April, then again in October (that was far
too long) and again in December.

My advice on a visit one girl is to visit within 2-3 months once you got her
sifted out. Women want a man of action, be that man and go to her before
somebody a RWD man of action does go to see her.

The beauty of a visit many strategy is that you can just get on a plane and go.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:55:41 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 12:39:51 PM »
Many guys will say to have a firm relationship before getting on a plane.....not sure how many months that would take. I just get on plane and go when I have time, even if I don't have anything firm. Luckily, I have enough friends in Russia(Moscow), Ukraine or Moldova I can visit also. I always spend some time in Odesa, when I am in FSU. Also, helps if you have a friend or two in Europe to visit also.

I will say, many a girl is impressed with my ability to have friends I can visit in Europe. I do get teased at times.

I do agree with those that say you must visit within 3-6 months.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 12:57:05 PM »

Good thread by the way, it's nice to have some FSUW discussion from time to time
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline TagUrIt898

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 11:20:35 PM »
I think anyone who actually serious about pursuing an FSU would meet within a few months of corresponding.  It's an investment on both ends to correspond for a long time and then have it NOT amount to anything. Any woman, especially an FSU wants a man who doesn't just talk the talk, but takes action as well.  Now whether you choose to WOVO WMVO WMVM approach of course that's a personal choice. At the end of the day of you want a serious chance at romance, you'd better get your ass on a plane before the the next guy does.

Let me clarify that by saying, not every woman is worth getting on a plane for.  I'm not a particularly wealthy guy,(I do okay) but I also wasn't going to spend my hard earned money on just anyone. For me, I was lucky in my experience, but I also had a lot to do with that luck. Research, asking questions, talking about life goals, etc. If P, wasn't potentially the high quality woman I was looking for, there's no way I would have flown over.  Of course there are no guarantees with anything, all you can do is try.

Tag

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1810
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1802
Total: 1812

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM