It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1083168 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »
This situation is happening because of USA and EU sanctions.

Are you daft?  :cluebat:

This situation is happening because of the invasion of yet another country by Russia.. This time their 'little brother'. For some silly reason the modern world of the west doesn't seem to like Russia's stealing others lands and lives..

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2014, 06:57:53 PM »

If memory serves me correct, they always wait till winter is over before going on the offensive. Hitler and Napoleon made the mistake of fighting in Russian winter. Putin is going to let winter do a number on Ukraine just as it did Germany and France before going on the offensive.

A pro-Ukrainian Putin admirer

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
Are you daft? 

mike unfortunatly some people are that daft

tHE propoganda war has worked well

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2014, 07:18:05 PM »
Possibly brains are an option for brainwashing?  ;)

Either that or they shrunk during the wash....

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »
Billy, same happened in Russia in 1998. Russia recovered and it WILL recover now.
Russians are survivers by nature. It is in our blood.

Big difference between merely surviving and actually prospering...

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2014, 01:01:08 AM »
I posted earlier about song being sung at public functions-- everyone joins in-- children,grandmothers ,everyone! :D  It is always accompanied by much laughter about the subject matter ( which btw-the  censorship here is RIDICULOUS)
Quoting--
Lithuanians powerful singing "Putin - x * ylo" to match selection for Euro 2016 Vilnius, October 11, 14:19 Print Famous hit "Putin - x * ylo" sang not only match Belarus - Ukraine. The famous hit "Putin - x * ylo" sang not only match Belarus - Ukraine . Song of the Russian president and sang in Vilnius Lithuanian fans during the game selection for Euro 2016 Lithuania - Estonia (1: 0) . Read more: "I think everyone understood that fraternal country for Ukraine": Best Tweets match Belarus - Ukraine
Більше читайте тут: http://prosport.tsn.ua/sport/litovci-potuzhno-zaspivali-putin-h-ylo-na-matchi-yevro-2016-373358.html

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:07:08 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline sleepycat

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2014, 01:32:26 AM »
I hope the microphones are there to pick up this conversation between the Aus prime minister and Putin...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/13/g20-australia-russia-idUSL3N0S821M20141013

It will be a classic photo to show Abbott towering over Putin with them eyeballing each other!

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2014, 01:43:09 AM »
I hope the microphones are there to pick up this conversation between the Aus prime minister and Putin...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/13/g20-australia-russia-idUSL3N0S821M20141013

It will be a classic photo to show Abbott towering over Putin with them eyeballing each other!

Quote from story that is headlining the news tonight here--
"Look, I'm going to shirtfront Mr Putin - you bet I am," Abbott told reporters, using an Australian Rules Football term meaning to hit someone front on and knock them to the ground."
"I'm going to be saying to Mr Putin, Australians were murdered and they were murdered by Russian-backed rebels using Russian supplied equipment," he said."
I will be happy if he is plain outright rude to him and persists in asking him about Russian complicity !Behave like a current affairs show type reporter with his foot in the door  !!Treat him with the respect he deserves-- that is a zero btw.  A verbal shirtfront I think!

ps   I   will have a t-shirt for him to wear-- you know-- with   that   word( CENSORED) on it !! :zap:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:50:18 AM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Mod3

• Super Moderator
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2014, 03:08:10 AM »
Would you care to explain why he cannot be called that?
 Everyone with 1/2 a cell of grey matter knows who we're talking about.
TOS.

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2014, 05:44:42 AM »
Big difference between merely surviving and actually prospering...
No kidding!
It doesn't matter- Russians will survive.
Actually, we have never lived really well (to your standards) so we are used to be hungry and proud.
Seriously. You can keep you prosperity for the USA.
I alone remember at least 4-5  hard periods in Russia (or USSR before).
We survived.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:07:24 AM by Doll »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2014, 07:07:16 AM »
More daftness!  :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat:

Why not try any get along and live a better life style with out killing others, your little brothers and stealing their lands?

Move into the 21st century and don't try to relive the 19th and early 20thin the 'daze' of glory.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2014, 07:14:23 AM »
Listen, Mr. Daft- I just responded to "congrats with worsening economics".
Again, where are friendly Americans when they are happy about other people hardships?
Nowhere.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2014, 07:31:05 AM »
Personally I'm happy that Russia is now feeling some of the hardships that they have inflicted on Ukraine. It should continue until Ukraine is restored to it's original state including restoring war damage as well as Krym and Kuban.

But,  that won't make any impression on you I'm sure.

Turn about's fair play..
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:33:29 AM by AkMike »

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2014, 07:58:16 AM »
It seems there is a groundswell.  I first saw it in Stirlitz's posts.  Next it was heard in the protest chants of marchers.  Now in thunderous songs at football games. 

PUTIN DICKHEAD....PUTIN DICKHEAD

Soon there will be Putin Dickhead T-shirts.  This could progress to the point of having Putin Dickhead Awards.

Because of propriety and good taste, we can not use the specific Russian term for "dickhead."   I say that is unfortunate because the Russian term with "Putin" sounds to my untrained ear far better than "Putin Dickhead."   It is poetry.   I guess "Putin" is another example of Russian terms that lose their meaning in translation, much like Pushkin's poems lose much when translated.   

Offline sleepycat

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2014, 09:48:01 AM »
I'm in Ukraine at the moment. I sure would like to buy a Putin Khuilo! T-shirt if they are available.

Maybe the Putin Khuilo! song will become Ukraine's entry for next year's Eurovision song contest!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:58:23 AM by sleepycat »

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »
This situation is happening because of USA and EU sanctions. You think that Russians will response like "hands up"?
Never. Read the history of Russia. It bever happened , it will never happen. Trust me.
The more pressure on Russians, the more stubborn they are.

Maybe not but the Russian government may be willing to get down on their knees to avoid said sanctions...

Putin Deals China Winning Hand as Sanctions Power Rival

..."Defying his former enemies in the U.S. and Europe may force Vladimir Putin to aid the ascent of his biggest rival in the east.

Isolated over Ukraine, Russia is relying on China for the investment it needs to avert a recession, three people involved in policy planning said, asking not to be identified discussing internal matters. This means caving in to pressure to grant China privileged access to the two things it wants most: raw materials and advanced weapons, two of the people said"...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-12/putin-deals-china-winning-hand-as-sanctions-power-rival.html

Chinese lenders grow wary of Russia

..."When Chinese premier Li Keqiang and his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev start talks on Monday that are expected to culminate in the signing of more than 50 deals, it will be the latest demonstration of hopes that China is riding to the rescue as US and EU sanctions block new western funding for Russian banks and corporates.

But despite a steady flow of handshakes and signatures, Chinese money has been hard to secure. According to numerous executives and bankers, Chinese banks and investors are dragging their heels in Russia, unwilling to risk antagonising the west by providing the surge of funding that Moscow desperately needs"...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4e3ec352-51f8-11e4-b55e-00144feab7de.html#axzz3G3E0dNkt

These are both opinion pieces of course, however, they give some insight into the mindset behind the (just signed) trade deals and the possible pitfalls of signing trade pacts under duress.

Putin's gonna learn the Chinese are not Russia's friend. Anything they do geopolitically/economically is for the benefit of China, no one else.

Of note is the weapons technology deals. Here's how I see this going down... the Chinese get 4th generation Russian technology at a bargain price, reverse engineer the stuff, build new stuff with Russian supplied raw material (also now obtained at a bargain price) then sell it to Russia's military equipment customers at 1/2 the price and Russia's economy takes another hit. Paranoid? Well that's exactly what the Chinese do now which is why the Russian's up to now haven't been selling them their new(est) generation military stuff. :D

However, the Russian's aren't the only ones making bad deals with the Chinese right now. Canada just signed a trade deal which is going to come back and bite us in the bum as well... >:(

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2014, 12:24:02 PM »
TOS.

I haven't read the TOS, but they usually refer to one poster insulting another, not to freedom of speech regarding someone who has invaded another country, ala Hitler; which is why some of us refer to him on occasion as Herr Putler.  And as missAmeno said, it has actually become part of the speech of millions of people around the World, because speech and words do change over time.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2014, 12:25:22 PM »
More daftness!  :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat:

Why not try any get along and live a better life style with out killing others, your little brothers and stealing their lands?

Move into the 21st century and don't try to relive the 19th and early 20thin the 'daze' of glory.

Amen to that!

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »
Listen, Mr. Daft- I just responded to "congrats with worsening economics".
Again, where are friendly Americans when they are happy about other people hardships?
Nowhere.

If you actually believe this then you really don't understand America or Americans at all.  We always root for the person or country which deserves our encouragement, not for a Hitler and his brainwashed countrymen.

Offline ghost of moon goddess

• Empty cans make the most noise :)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2014, 12:30:47 PM »

Because of propriety and good taste, we can not use the specific Russian term for "dickhead."   I say that is unfortunate because the Russian term with "Putin" sounds to my untrained ear far better than "Putin Dickhead."   It is poetry.   I guess "Putin" is another example of Russian terms that lose their meaning in translation, much like Pushkin's poems lose much when translated.   

H-word is derived from the noun 'd--k'; the suffix 'lo' changes the noun's masculine gender to a neutral one, making it more offensive name to call anyone.
H-word is used to express the speaker's strong emotional involvement such as anger, derogatory dismissal, a feeling of intense disgust and even hatred towards the one who's lost the respect of the speaker.
Although vulgar, many people do not grant it the power to offend someone terribly  :-\
If you want to keep your expressions convergent, never allow them a single degree of freedom.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2014, 12:34:55 PM »
Of note is the weapons technology deals. Here's how I see this going down... the Chinese get 4th generation Russian technology at a bargain price, reverse engineer the stuff, build new stuff with Russian supplied raw material (also now obtained at a bargain price) then sell it to Russia's military equipment customers at 1/2 the price and Russia's economy takes another hit.

Yup.  I would say this whole invasion of Ukraine by Putin will be studied 50 years from now as the reason for Russia's downfall, just like people study Hitler and his mindset still right now.

Offline calmissile

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2014, 12:42:05 PM »
Yup.  I would say this whole invasion of Ukraine by Putin will be studied 50 years from now as the reason for Russia's downfall, just like people study Hitler and his mindset still right now.

Seems like there are a lot of similarities as well.  The Russian propaganda machine and outright lies, agression and invasion of other countries, etc.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »
And yet more bad news for the Russian people...

Russian Justice Ministry Says Law Violations Behind Move to Ban 'Memorial' Rights Group

..."MOSCOW, October 13 (RIA Novosti) - The reason why the Russian Ministry of Justice asked the country's the Supreme Court to liquidate the historical and civil rights group Memorial, because the organization has repeatedly and grossly violated Russian law, the Ministry's press service told RIA Novosti Monday."...

http://en.ria.ru/russia/20141013/194041692/Russian-Justice-Ministry-Says-Law-Violations-Behind-Move-to-Ban-Memorial-Rights-Group.html

The Kremlin’s Plan to Erase Russia’s Memory and Its Conscience

..."The ministry of justice is doing its best to shut down Memorial, the organization first headed by Andrei Sakharov, that is at the heart of civil society.

MOSCOW—The Russian government is threatening to eliminate Memorial, the most important support network for Russian civil society. On Friday, the ministry of justice filed a suit asking the supreme court “to liquidate”—a very heavy word—the country’s oldest civil-rights organization. A hearing is scheduled for Nov. 13."...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/13/the-kremlin-s-plan-to-erase-russia-s-memory-and-its-conscience.html

Kremlin Seeks to Silence Prominent Human Rights Group by Having Them 'Liquidated'

..."Russia’s justice ministry has applied to the country’s supreme court to “liquidate” Memorial, Russia’s leading human rights organisation.

The Nobel Peace Prize winning organisation has been a thorn in the side of the Kremlin for many years thanks to its work highlighting various human rights violations by the Russian government. Activists have denounced the attempt to close down the organisation, and said it proved that the Russian authorities perceive Memorial as “a threat”...

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/10/13/Kremlin-seeks-to-silence-prominent-human-rights-group

It's beyond me how the Russians don't see their rights and freedoms being systematically stripped from them day after day.

It'll only be a matter of time until we start getting reports of Kremlin backed 'Pogroms' coming out of Russia. :(

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
It seems there is a groundswell.  I first saw it in Stirlitz's posts.  Next it was heard in the protest chants of marchers.  Now in thunderous songs at football games. 

PUTIN DICKHEAD....PUTIN DICKHEAD

Soon there will be Putin Dickhead T-shirts.  This could progress to the point of having Putin Dickhead Awards.

I'm in Ukraine at the moment. I sure would like to buy a Putin Khuilo! T-shirt if they are available.

Maybe the Putin Khuilo! song will become Ukraine's entry for next year's Eurovision song contest!

T-Shirts and windcheaters are readily available everywhere in Ukraine--both in Russian and English.
Also flags,bumper stickers,caps!!Free enterprise and speech is alive and well in Ukraine!! ;D
SC-- particularly look at markets and street vendors in high traffic areas-- they really will be easy to to find.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2014, 03:01:09 PM »
H-word is derived from the noun 'd--k'; the suffix 'lo' changes the noun's masculine gender to a neutral one, making it more offensive name to call anyone.
H-word is used to express the speaker's strong emotional involvement such as anger, derogatory dismissal, a feeling of intense disgust and even hatred towards the one who's lost the respect of the speaker.
Although vulgar, many people do not grant it the power to offend someone terribly  :-\

This is a good explanation-- it is exactly how it is being used in Ukraine now--literally spat out.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541382
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2065
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2054
Total: 2065

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill