It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075578 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2014, 09:19:14 PM »

Russia could quite possibly be invaded by NATO ,the Russian Defense Minister has already expressed increasing alarm at the unprecedented build-up of NATO forces on the Russian borders...nothing is off the table.

NATO is getting increasingly miffed with the three times higher than usual invasion of their airspace by Russian bombers and fighter aircraft this year...but doesn't need to rush anything..let Russia strangle itself economically first by keep pushing into Ukraine while the sanctions continue to get ramped-up.

I don't see NATO conducting any invasion against Russia.  From what I've gathered that isn't even close to an option, AT THIS TIME.  If some event like this were to happen, the world would probably be thrown into a monumental battle, and nobody would be safe. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:24 PM »
I don't see NATO conducting any invasion against Russia.  From what I've gathered that isn't even close to an option, AT THIS TIME.

Russia is keeping the nuclear option on the table to make sure NATO doesn't get any ideas. I just read the article below. NATO commander Breedlove says Russia is discussion plans to put aircraft in Crimea that have a full range of capabilities including tactical nuclear weapons. How does he know this? He hasn't seen any evidence of it. I'm sure we've been intercepting phone calls of Russians in high places.

Chelseaboy, the neutron bombs I spoke of earlier are tactical nuclear weapons. They're ideal to annihilate armies in one blow without damaging the city they are attacking.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-general-paints-grim-picture-russia-relations-202012521.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »
I doubt the price of oil is controlled by Saudis.

Price is set in the oil futures market based largely on two factors:  supply vs. demand and market sentiment (attitude of investors regarding future developments). 

The Saudis are significantly increasing the world supply of oil, and because the world demand for oil has not kept pace with the increased supply, the price for future oil drops.   And the market sentiment says the Saudis will continue to do this.  Thus, Saudis are causing the price for future oil to decline.   

Political will affects the short-living price fluctuations ...

What?  Yes, politics can have some affect.  Obama not approving the Keystone Pipeline and not drilling on Federal land indirectly kept prices higher, yet I assert this effect in the totality of the global market was small.     Political  turmoil in an OPEC country would curtail production, etc. yet these are rare.   

The majority of oil is used for fuel.  The demand for fuel vs. its supply largely determines price, not political will.

Oil looks stronger than other commodities, and the pattern on a few years price scale shows high probability for sharp breakthrough upside.

So you are a technical analyst (charts) rather than a fundamental analyst.   Expecting a breakout in price is thus your sentiment about the future market, and if you were a trader in oil futures you would buy call options.  If others did the same, the price would increase somewhat.  However, if the Saudis continued to produce more than their quota, you would lose your shirt.   

Created dollar mass is too large to be calm for too long, economic laws can not be annuled by politicians.

I am not sure what you are saying, although the second part suggests you agree that supply vs. demand determines price.

Offline I/O

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #403 on: November 05, 2014, 12:30:04 AM »
Follow the conversation.
I have been - nobody is interested in invading Russia. Russias nuclear capability or out dated lack thereof, depending on what audience you're pitching to, has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Nobody is interested because it has nothing anyone wants, save some gas for Europe which is too stupid to see things for what they are, apart from all else. Face it, you wouldn't exactly move to Russia for the superior climate.... ;D

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #404 on: November 05, 2014, 12:54:26 AM »
I have been - nobody is interested in invading Russia. Russias nuclear capability or out dated lack thereof, depending on what audience you're pitching to, has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Nobody is interested because it has nothing anyone wants, save some gas for Europe which is too stupid to see things for what they are, apart from all else. Face it, you wouldn't exactly move to Russia for the superior climate.... ;D

Actually there is something the world wants from Russia..........To Be Left Alone!
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #405 on: November 05, 2014, 06:58:33 AM »
Actually there is something the world wants from Russia..........To Be Left Alone!

That would be the best reason to invade Russia by changing it's government but Putin is safe due to nuclear deterrent. He has little to lose if he decides to try something big in the future. We are going to have to deal with him for many more years whatever he decides to do.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2014, 08:33:19 AM »
Well, let's see now if the US Congress arms Ukraine to the teeth and invade Russia.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #407 on: November 05, 2014, 08:52:58 AM »
Billy, though I disagree with your response, it is well written.  We are looking at the same Jackson Pollack and coming to different conclusions.  But even you concede that the President of Russia has suffered significant setbacks.  I would agree with you more if this was before May 5th.  Since Poroshenko took over, he has made a lot of good moves.  When the people of Odessa burned the separatists alive and when Poroshenko took Slaviansk, the momentum changed.  Yeah, they reversed some of those gains when they invaded from the sea.  But unanswered is how can you achieve a victory when you cannot use all your combat power and under divided commands?

You also underestimate in my opinion the Russian mind.  It is a culture of bandits.  They will never prosper. 

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #408 on: November 05, 2014, 09:00:04 AM »
Putin is not safe from his friends.  Invading Russia should be on the table.  If Russia fails in this next offensive, the Army will collapse.  Invasion would be merciful

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #409 on: November 05, 2014, 01:20:18 PM »
The Russian currency tumbled Wednesday as the Central Bank announced a major step toward a free floating exchange rate, reversing a policy of managing ruble volatility through market interventions that has been in place for 15 years.

The ruble plunged shortly after markets opened following two days of national holidays and passed the psychologically important 45-to-the-dollar mark for the first time in history during early evening trading.

Announcing it would spend no more than $350 million a day in defense of the currency, the Central Bank said in a statement Wednesday: "The ruble exchange rate will be determined predominantly by market factors." Previously there was no upper limit to the bank's interventions.

“The old framework has been torn up,” Neil Shearing, chief economist at Capital Economics, said in a note Wednesday.

The ruble pared losses Wednesday afternoon but dropped rapidly again in the evening, crashing past the 56-to-the-euro mark for the second time in one day and trading down more than 2 percent against the greenback on the previous day's close.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/central-bank-keeps-floating-corridor-to-avoid-market-shock/510654.html

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #410 on: November 05, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »
The Ruble has lost 28% year to date?  Ouch!  I didn't know it was really that bad.  That is some very serious inflation.

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #411 on: November 05, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »
Well, let's see now if the US Congress arms Ukraine to the teeth and invade Russia.

Are you in pain today? 

Should be interesting times in Washington.  If McConnell can dissuade Ted Cruz from passing a bill to repeal Obamacare, maybe Obama will not take executive action in immigration and instead await a bipartisan bill.  I still worry that Obama does not know how to get along with Republicans.  I also worry that the tea party, although somewhat diminished, is still active. 

Regarding Ukraine, it will not take front stage given ISIS, Syria, Iran, Israel, ebola, etc.  Ukraine unfortunately will have the same priority as Afghanistan.  That could change if Putin raises the stakes.  Meanwhile, the sanctions are working. 

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #412 on: November 05, 2014, 02:48:43 PM »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #413 on: November 05, 2014, 02:53:53 PM »

Offline AC

• Banned Member

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #415 on: November 05, 2014, 03:14:27 PM »
The top target was at 600 meters. The bottom was at 1 kilometer.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:10:14 PM by AkMike »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #416 on: November 05, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
The top target was at 300 meters. The bottom was at 1 kilometer.

I think the top one was at 600 meters, at least that's what they originally dialed it in at per the text.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2014, 03:58:35 PM »
The other side of the falling ruble story is the strength of the US dollar.

Today Russian propagandist Graham Phillips sent off Russian fighters that would later die in the fighting for the Donetsk airport.  Two of the dead were children.

lordtiberius

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #419 on: November 05, 2014, 05:42:15 PM »
Russian actor and Putin critic found dead in Moscow

..."Police suspect foul play after Alexei Devotchenko, critic of Vladimir Putin, discovered "in pool of blood"...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11212072/Russian-actor-and-Putin-critic-found-dead-in-Moscow.html

...Gee, ya think?  :rolleyes:

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #420 on: November 05, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »

Are you in pain today? 

Should be interesting times in Washington.  If McConnell can dissuade Ted Cruz from passing a bill to repeal Obamacare, maybe Obama will not take executive action in immigration and instead await a bipartisan bill.  I still worry that Obama does not know how to get along with Republicans.  I also worry that the tea party, although somewhat diminished, is still active. 

Regarding Ukraine, it will not take front stage given ISIS, Syria, Iran, Israel, ebola, etc.  Ukraine unfortunately will have the same priority as Afghanistan.  That could change if Putin raises the stakes.  Meanwhile, the sanctions are working.

LMFAO

Nah!

Actually, I'm enjoying this and much more later on.

There is a saying in PR: "Dale cuerda para que se ahorque."

Trust me, it will be fun to watch the implosion.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #421 on: November 05, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »
Russian actor and Putin critic found dead in Moscow

..."Police suspect foul play after Alexei Devotchenko, critic of Vladimir Putin, discovered "in pool of blood"...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11212072/Russian-actor-and-Putin-critic-found-dead-in-Moscow.html

...Gee, ya think?  :rolleyes:

Brass

Gotta love the Russkies way of going insane.  At least for the most part they do it en mass, and anyone who doesn't get with the program will be dealt with.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 06:52:45 PM by AC »

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2014, 12:11:59 AM »
  Since Poroshenko took over, he has made a lot of good moves. 

I like Poroshenko but he's in charge of a losing team. Prior to him showing up, Ukraine was a place of corruption and dysfunction. Putin is partially to blame for them being where they're at. They can change overnight.

Putin also has made good moves to achieve his objectives. Based on the recent sham elections in east Ukraine, Putin is one step closer to owning more land.

What do you think the sanctions are suppose to achieve? Hurt the Russian economy or stop Putin? Putin has not stopped and there is no sign of him wanting to stop. Russian Foreign Ministry below says sanctions will fail to achieve goals.

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140804/191708921/Sanctions-Applied-by-West-Will-Fail-to-Achieve-Goals.html

Putin has influence in Syria and Iran. He can promote mayhem in those regions to keep the focus off Russia and hurt the people hurting him.

Germany once endured worse than sanctions. With their economy and infrastructure shattered after WWI, they were forced to pay war reparations. It pissed the Germans off more. They gave their support to a fanatic named Hitler, worked hard to rebuild and become a military power, and were led to a greater war. Sanctions are pissing Russians off and Putin is gaining support and increasing the size of his military. With sanctions being the only thing the West is willing to do, Putin has plenty of time to build his empire. With the Ruble declining, Levi jeans will become more expensive to Russian citizens but it's not a necessary item needed in the production of guns and tanks.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »
Germany once endured worse than sanctions. With their economy and infrastructure shattered after WWI, they were forced to pay war reparations. It pissed the Germans off more. They gave their support to a fanatic named Hitler, worked hard to rebuild and become a military power, and were led to a greater war. Sanctions are pissing Russians off and Putin is gaining support and increasing the size of his military. With sanctions being the only thing the West is willing to do, Putin has plenty of time to build his empire. With the Ruble declining, Levi jeans will become more expensive to Russian citizens but it's not a necessary item needed in the production of guns and tanks.

Excellent post.  Too bad some of the cheerleaders on this forum are not capable of such critical thinking.

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2014, 01:10:42 AM »
With the Rouble in free fall, soon even eating dirt will become an unaffordable luxury for the average Russian citizen...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1971
Total: 1982

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM