It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1079787 times)

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #875 on: December 13, 2014, 09:15:12 PM »
I guess if the TOS doesn't apply now, then we can continue to refer to Putin as 'huilo'!

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #876 on: December 13, 2014, 09:24:46 PM »
Пошел ты- еще раз

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #877 on: December 13, 2014, 09:54:34 PM »
I'm not that anti the russian people or country , MR PUTIN , YES

The vast majority of Russian people fully support Putin.

His actions are their actions.

It is a cop out to blame the leaders and hold their supporters blameless.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #878 on: December 13, 2014, 10:10:23 PM »
im not that anti the russian people or country , MR PUTIN , YES

i can only hope mr putin either reverses his actions in ukraine or is removed/resigns in the near future ,
as mendy states there are many good people who are believing his propoganda wholesale ,

sometimes it is so outragous it is amazing , but given mr vladamirs career and training , it is perfect playbook stuff he knows well

its very hard to counter that without proper balance in the media ,

SX

I am not anti-Russian as such-- but  actions of a government that you subscribe to makes you as a citizen --responsible.If it takes starving Russians into submission to see reality-- so be it. Putin is attempting to inflict hardship on Ukraine-- he is responsible for killing many citizens.He has stolen part of Ukraine-- attempted to prevent economic p[progress without any care of the consequences of any of his actions. So where do you draw the line?I regret young Russian soldiers being killed also-- but they are there in Ukraine and killing people.
 What would the Russian people be saying if (when?) bombs start going off around Moscow--in the subway etc and paralyse Moscow-- will that make them understand their culpability?
Sure the propaganda BS is thick on the ground-- but there is no excuse or a way to rationalise obtuse stupidity and ignorance.
Here on the forum we see examples from different directions of that-- denial of the reality-- and the soft headed--"it's nothing to do with us" approach. Have any of those fools stopped to think how Ukrainians feel? Family and friend being maimed and killed-- by Russian military and Russian promoted and paid thugs-- all of Ukraine in a desperate struggle to survive and hopefully prosper in the future.
Ukrainians had the guts to stand up for what they believed and removed a Russian sponsored corrupt government--now they are showing the guts to fight for what they believe and are taking on the might of Russia both militarily and economically.
No SX-- it is not an option for Russians to simply opt out by saying nothing.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #879 on: December 13, 2014, 10:17:26 PM »
Ас  posted in foreign language-you were ok
Russian is not foreign)))))))

I usually post the bing translation.  However I agree with Doll; this forum is about Russia, Ukraine and other parts of the FSU including the former satellites of the FSU.  Russia is/was the dominant language.  How hard is it to run something through bing or google translate?  Granted those are far from perfect, but seems all should try.  Then ask your SO or Doll to help if need be.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #880 on: December 13, 2014, 10:19:23 PM »
"If Obama signs . . . "

Exactly.  I had already seen the bills in Congress but did not post about them because they are contingent on Obama signing.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #881 on: December 13, 2014, 10:22:51 PM »
The vast majority of Russian people fully support Putin.

His actions are their actions.

It is a cop out to blame the leaders and hold their supporters blameless.

:clapping:  Which is why the sanctions are good, because eventually Russians will wake-up and smell the coffee.  How long can they really blame the USA?  I think deep down they know why their economy has been targeted.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #882 on: December 13, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »
This is interesting reading--I have posted only an outline summary here-- interesting reading however you translate-- a dissenting voice in Russia-- we can have no idea how many are suppressed
Putin has accelerated decay and the end of his power

About psyche Putin, whom he should be afraid of the future "breaking" the Russians and the reasons for the annexation of the Crimea - in an exclusive interview with TSN told a Russian journalist and writer.
Viktor Shenderovich - the legend of Russian television. In the late nineties, without him it is hard to imagine an independent Russian television. He was also a leading, and managing editor, screenwriter and television programs epoch of formation of Yeltsin's democracy.

And in 2014 he was declared a "friend of the Kiev junta" and almost equated to the "enemy of the people." He refers to it with humor so characteristic of him, adding that he is not just a "friend of the junta," and he actually "sell" this very junta. However, does not say for how much.

Looks cheerful and does not want me, fun jokes about the Kremlin perceives fabrications about Ukraine. Recalls the taste of fudge "the Russian-speaking baby" and raped in an epileptic fit 50-year-old woman.

About propaganda

Propaganda - is that Putin's government is doing a truly effective, it must be admitted. It really is a very high level. On Shameless, Goebbels, very efficient level. Lies must be shameless and repeated many times.

When you discover in Seattle people absolutely pumped Putin's propaganda, it makes you wonder very seriously. It works, it works, unfortunately, is much stronger than we all thought.

As of this state to go? It will be a tough out. It will be a very heavy yield. Surely be poisoning definitely be breaking. Very hard, as after all the drug. After all the euphoria comes breaking. And it will be very difficult, traumatic years for the Russian mass consciousness. And the stronger the euphoria, the more it drove into a vein laughing matter, the harder it will be then. It is already clear. Return to reality will be very difficult.

Viktor Shenderovich
UNIAN
Ukrainian theme for Putin has always been, this topic has always rubbed - Shenderovich
About Ukraine for Putin

Ukrainian theme for Putin has always been, this topic has always rubbed. And became unbearable painful in the era of the second Maidan .

One of the pillars of imperial propaganda - a special Slavic idea of ​​the image control. Patriarchal, paternalistic democracy is not for us. Not for the Slavs. We have our own way. Special. And when Kiev - the mother of Russian cities - demonstrates that turns out to be a democracy works, it turns out that the people coming to the area, the administration may vary, it turns out that there is no control of the Slavic special protection from democracy ... Of course, Putin is very painful subject.

About the enemies of Russia

Enemies of Russia has always had a lot of. Enemies changed. Our enemies were Estonians and Georgians. Enemies changed by clicking the - from the administration. Well, there is a constant enemy - of course, America. Sometimes struggled forward London. Sometimes - corruption of Europe.

Maidan was a challenge, and he responded to it. It is therefore not surprising that Ukraine has become the main enemy. Maidan, Ukraine, free Ukraine - is the main enemy. Obviously, much more important than Georgia and Estonia.

The annexation of the Crimea

I think that, in fact, the annexation of the Crimea was improvisation. It was a reflex hyenas - that's when it became clear that Ukraine has no official power. Although Putin supported Yanukovych and did everything to keep him - well run, well-controlled and quite comfortable, and at least counteracting democratic Ukraine.

Tactics and Strategies

Putin is very bad strategy. I'm afraid no strategy. But very strong tactics. In muddy water, he very quickly and brazenly oriented. Russia itself pushed, thrown from the civilized countries. Of course, Putin accelerated decay and the end of their power. Because a year ago we had a hard stagnation, Andropov was. With a relatively stable oil economy, with absolutely controlled inner life.

About signatures in support of the annexation of the Crimea

My relationship with Putin's state is obvious - they are hostile
And then it can be normal as a person who is opposed to the glorious Russian administration or to sell as I ... "Ukrainian junta." For several months, my official position on Russian television - national traitors and scum. In 2014 I moved to the rank of a personal enemy of the state.

Who should be afraid of Putin

In general, Putin will not envy today, he cut off his escape route. This is his personal drama, but in this drama, and Russia. Because he did not leave, and it is quite clear. As soon as he moves away from the levers, they immediately begin to remove fingerprints.

Interviewed by TSN Dmitry Svyatnenko
http://ru.tsn.ua/interview/putin-uskoril-raspad-i-konec-svoey-vlasti-400955.html
http://ru.tsn.ua/interview/putin-uskoril-raspad-i-konec-svoey-vlasti-400955.html
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline PaulK

• Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #883 on: December 13, 2014, 11:22:50 PM »
Wow, it's amazing to see "Doll's" name here, I remember you from RWG  :o

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #884 on: December 14, 2014, 12:54:34 AM »
Wow, it's amazing to see "Doll's" name here, I remember you from RWG  :o
Hello

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #885 on: December 14, 2014, 12:58:46 AM »
Shenderovich is nobody in Russia, to quote  him is waste of time

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #886 on: December 14, 2014, 01:02:08 AM »

This should drop the ruble about 5 more.  :clapping: 70 by the New Year maybe conservative.  :crackwhip:

Oil Seen Dropping to $55 Next Week as Price Rout Deepens
By Moming Zhou and Lynn Doan  Dec 12, 2014 11:38 PM GMT+0200   64 Comments    Email  Print   

Benchmark U.S. oil prices are poised to test $55 a barrel after a six-month rout pushed crude to the lowest in five years.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-12/oil-seen-dropping-to-55-next-week-as-price-rout-deepens.html

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #887 on: December 14, 2014, 01:14:53 AM »
Igor( Girkin) Gunmen admitted the possibility of contact with the Hague Tribunal

14:12 December 13, 2014
Former Defense Minister self-proclaimed "Donetsk People's Republic" Igor arrow (Girkin) believes that he and Russian President Vladimir Putin may be waiting for the International Military Tribunal in The Hague, if the Russian government will count on a peaceful settlement of the Ukrainian conflict.
According to him, during the truce Ukraine "frantic pace" restores the army, "that no" vacationers "(Prime Minister" DNR "Alexander Zakharchenko in August reported that on the side of the separatists fighting Russian troops from taking vacation - Rain) could not change the balance on the battlefield. "

"For this same winter sanctions should seriously undermine the willingness of the Russian public" to protect Russian world ", and especially - the loyalty of our officials (already extremely doubtful). A NATO, meanwhile, should finalize the opinion of its citizens for the need for direct military assistance, and even armed intervention in the conflict "over the sovereignty of Ukraine", "- says Fusiliers. By the spring, according to him, the population of "completely destroyed" Donbass will refer to Putin "hatred", the number of refugees increased by a few hundred thousand, and the army of Ukraine, which will be introduced NATO troops take "attack", "that without direct large-scale intervention of the Armed Forces will lead to a rapid defeat of five-seven times inferior in number and order demoralized militia. "

Shooters also warned of the possibility of "Moscow Maidan", which could begin on the background of "economic collapse" and "no concealed betrayal of the Russian population (Donbass)."

"If he (Putin) will continue in the same spirit as it is now, then we will have to be neighbors ... for cameras in The Hague. If we are still alive there dovezut, of course, "- said the former defense minister," DNR ".

In mid-August 2014, after the resignation of the prime minister, "DNR" Alexander Beard, Igor Strelkov was removed from his post as chief of the armed formations of the separatists. Later, in early September, Shooters gave a press conference in Moscow. At its end, he made it clear that he does not like what is happening in eastern Ukraine, where the armistice was announced. However, he expressed his willingness to abide by the decision of Russian President Vladimir Putin, whom he considers "the only legitimate commander in chief."
http://tvrain.ru/articles/igor_strelkov_dopustil_vozmozhnost_popadanija_v_gaagskij_tribunal-379367/

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #888 on: December 14, 2014, 01:27:37 AM »
Hey Doll, Don't look at it as if the ruble is falling into the abyss.
(
 Take the Kremlins view instead!  The ruble is stable! :cluebat:

(and the rest of the worlds economies are surging)  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #889 on: December 14, 2014, 02:34:38 AM »
Russians demand help with rocketing mortgages as rouble slides

Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:38am EST

By Gabriela Baczynska and Elena Fabrichnaya
MOSCOW, Dec 12 (Reuters) - About 100 Russians who have seen their mortgage payments rocket due to the plunge in the value of the rouble took to the streets of central Moscow on Friday to demand state help.

It was one of the first significant protests over the currency, which has fallen more than 40 percent against the U.S. dollar this year, pushing up the cost not only of imported goods but also of the low-interest foreign-currency mortgages that the protesters had taken out.

"We are Russian citizens. We don't want to be left without a roof over our heads. We don't want to default," said Yelena Lebedenko, an accountant whose monthly repayments have in seven years risen from 40,000 roubles to nearly 90,000.

"We want to pay loans based on the exchange rate at the time we signed the papers. The authorities, our government, must see to that."

Most of the anger appeared to be aimed at the central bank and government rather than at President Vladimir Putin, whose ratings have been sky-high since the start of the Ukraine crisis and Russia's annexation of Crimea from Ukraine in March.

Yet his popularity is based partly on the relative financial stability and prosperity of most of his 15 years in power, and the Kremlin has been wary of any signs of discontent since big protests in the winter of 2011-12 after a parliamentary election marred by accusations of fraud.

A handful of protesters who tried to picket the headquarters of the central bank on Friday were quickly asked to leave, and joined the larger rally on a snow-covered boulevard nearby.

Their banners read: "Save our families from the rouble rate" and "The central bank stole our future".

"Since I took my mortgage, my salary has remained at 70,000 roubles but my monthly payment now is 85,000 a month," said Irina, a woman in her 30s who works in an advertising firm.

"I want justice. They should not only help the banks but people like me ... I've already borrowed from all my friends. They're not taking my calls any more."

The central bank says the total value of foreign-currency mortgages stood at 129 billion roubles on Nov. 1, a small fraction of the 7 trillion in rouble mortgages.

The rouble was trading at 33 to the U.S. dollar at the start of the year, but on Friday fell past 57 (58.21 now) to the dollar.

Its plunge has largely followed a slide in the price of oil, Russia's predominant source of foreign currency, highlighting the lack of a competitive manufacturing base that Putin's critics say he has done little to address.

The central bank said on Friday it could not interfere in arrangements between commercial banks and their clients. (Writing by Gabriela Baczynska, Editing by Timothy Heritage and Kevin Liffey
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/12/russia-rouble-protest-idUSL6N0TW1Q020141212
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:36:54 AM by AkMike »

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #890 on: December 14, 2014, 03:14:22 AM »
Oh dear! It looks like even the Kremlin propaganda machine is unable to spin reality into positive news any more...

http://zik.ua/en/news/2014/12/14/medvedev_to_russians_tighten_belts_and_see_what_happens_549014

More important question is; is huilo going to join the rest of his citizens in eating dirt, or is he going to hide from public view while he consumes his fine gourmet meals?

Offline Belvis

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #891 on: December 14, 2014, 04:48:17 AM »
Oh dear! It looks like even the Kremlin propaganda machine is unable to spin reality into positive news any more...

Why do you think there are no positive news anymore? Please don't become like the insect on the right side of this picture (named as Two World-Views):

translation: the fragrance of flowers around (left); the shit and disposal dumps around (right)

About positive news I'll list some of them for the last two monthes:

-  India and Russia signed a few days ago 20 agreements including a contract to implement two reactors of the Kudankulam nuclear power plant,  agreed on  nuclear cooperation  to build at least 10 more reactors,  and a joint investment fund of $1 billion for Indian infrastructure and hydroelectric projects. For the chopper deal in the first phase, the order could be for 384 helicopters, which could subsequently be increased to 600 to replace the ailing Cheetah/Chetak fleet used by the Indian Army and air force.
Other strategic deals covered oil supply, infrastructure and an increase in direct diamond sales to India by Russian firm Alrosa.

- The fifth summit of the Turkey-Russia High Level Cooperation Council, held in Ankara on Dec. 1, ended with the signing of agreements. The new gas route Blue Stream replacing the South Stream will be built between Turkey and Russia. That will raise Turkey’s gas dependence on Russia to about 70%, Turkey will be dependent on Russia also in nuclear energy.  The project for the $20-billion Akkuyu nuclear power plant, which will have a capacity of 4,800 megawatts and will meet 16% of Turkey’s energy demand, has been awarded to Russia’s state nuclear energy company Rosatom, meaning that Rosatom and Gazprom together will dominate 74% of Turkey’s energy market in the future.

- On Nov. 9 in Beijing, Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping signed a preliminary agreement under which the Kremlin-run monopoly Gazprom eventually would supply nearly one-fifth of the gas China is expected to need until 2020. Under the new deal, nearly as massive as the $400 billion agreement reached earlier this year, Gazprom said it plans to supply up to 30 billion cubic meters of gas per year from western Siberia to China in the next 30 years. Under the previous deal, Beijing will import 38 billion cubic meters of gas from eastern Siberia via the Power of Siberia pipeline, where construction began on Sept. 1.

- The Russian Navy has successfully test-fired a new intercontinental ballistic missile for a second time in recent months, proving its reliability after decades of failures.

- For the second year running, Forbes named the Russian president as the world’s most powerful person.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #892 on: December 14, 2014, 05:16:30 AM »
Hey Doll, Don't look at it as if the ruble is falling into the abyss.
(
 Take the Kremlins view instead!  The ruble is stable! :cluebat:

(and the rest of the worlds economies are surging)  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
what is this " hey" about?
I wrote already that Russia survived  4 TIMES ( TIMES) drop of rouble.
 Russia is  still there and will always be
My older son is there, we talk almost daily.
Yes, things are getting harder, but as for my concern- I can help him from here.
Hey what ?

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #893 on: December 14, 2014, 10:00:25 AM »
Why do you think there are no positive news anymore?

Clearly there IS positive news coming out of Russia, if a person is interested.  It appears to me that the nation is finding a harbor for their resources that doesn't include the EU.  It would be very easy to find negative things to say all day about any country if that was what a person chose  to do. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #894 on: December 14, 2014, 11:42:42 AM »
- For the second year running, Forbes named the Russian president as the world’s most powerful person.

Beavis, you might want to double check this statement! (Because it's untrue)
And even if it were it's not necessarily a good thing. Read the statement from Time about the "honor".

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #895 on: December 14, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »
I guess if the TOS doesn't apply now, then we can continue to refer to Putin as 'huilo'!

So we can call him that now?

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #896 on: December 14, 2014, 12:13:09 PM »
I wrote already that Russia survived  4 TIMES ( TIMES) drop of rouble.
 Russia is  still there and will always be
My older son is there, we talk almost daily.
Yes, things are getting harder, but as for my concern- I can help him from here.

Every country can survive economic uncertainty and plagues.  Look at Iraq for a more extreme example.

The point is not whether a country can survive (humans are resilient), but why it should.  Almost all of the negative economic consequences Russia is facing are self imposed, and, for what?  Security?  Nope.  Future prosperity?  Nope.  Tell me what is being achieved for the overall benefit of the average Russian with all of this?

Your son is fortunate to have a mother abroad to help ease the economic burden on his family.  What about all those other sons who don't have that option?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #897 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:27 PM »
Security

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #898 on: December 14, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
Two questions.

1.  How was Russia's security compromised before it invaded Crimea and Donbas?

2. How has Russia's security been compromised otherwise?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #899 on: December 14, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »
Two questions.

1.  How was Russia's security compromised before it invaded Crimea and Donbas?

2. How has Russia's security been compromised otherwise?
I'd like to chime in here too....

From my viewpoint, had Russia EVENTUALLY lost access to Crimea it would have been a blow to their security.  In addition, more and more often if a nation conducts internal affairs in a manner that the USA determines is not in keeping with the standards it insists upon, it will impose sanctions...now had the whole of Ukraine turned towards the EU and USA, they  could have just been another country towing the line against Russia...at some point....at least this is how Russia may see it...in addition I, and many others have become convinced that the USA acts in it's own interests often at the expense of other nations and it peoples.     

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541277
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701