It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How to Visit Many without lying?  (Read 122192 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
How to Visit Many without lying?
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2018, 07:48:10 PM »
OY! Skype became available August 2003. Facebook was first launched 2004.

Indeed - and I was an early adopter - based on being around younger techie guys - who 'invited' me - before the public time ;)

Sober up, man.

I did have a half pint of 6X  - this evening - a Wiltshire brew -with two Ruslkies to show solidarity with Salisbury - do you think THAT 'effected my judgement' :D

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:08:19 AM by msmob »

Offline brownbeard99

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2018, 08:13:54 PM »
Nah, be as independent as possible.

Get a sim card at the airport, order an uber ride, and head into town. Book an apartment yourself, get used to navigating around the metro, where good restaurants are, where local grocery shops are, where to swap USD for UAH, etc. None of this is hard. If you need practical tips on logistics then ask.

And learn some Russian! Even a few phrases can come in handy. Alternatively pick up some Ukrainian but Russian is a safe bet.

Sounds good. I was going to get a sim ahead of time, but it’s nice to know I can get one at the airport.  Where are good places to swap money?  Any specific areas you recommend looking for an apartment?  I was going to just use airbnb

Offline msmob

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2018, 08:14:43 PM »

I'm old fashioned but one can learn a lot on the phone. If a woman never answers the phone on Friday and Saturday nights, she may be a party girl. Sometimes I catch a lady in the bath and tell her I'll call later but almost always, the woman tells me she wants to talk to me now instead of later although she's fully nude. Women who likes a guy wants to talk to him and refuses to end the conversation. I don't talk a woman's ear off. I always end the conversation before they do to where they are wanting more. Sometimes I'll call when they are at work(not on purpose), around friends and family and I'll know where I stand with them if they pick up the phone in those environments.

Is it just me, or is BillyB's writing style confusing ..? He mixes up his tenses in such a way to suggest he is still dating ;)

BillyB .. FEW are the people who use the  phone to call, now - they use WhatsApp, Viber, Skype,etc., and if you call when she's in the bath and she answers WITH video - you know she's alone on a Friday night ....

Quality communication prior to a visit isn't as good as a face to face meeting but it can help determine interest and if a visit to a girl should even happen.

I'd use the noun woman - but therein might be a clue as to our differing ages / requirements ... I certainly agree with using videochat to eliminate being total strangers on meeting.

Speaking of old school communication, I too have used phone cards. Sometimes the quality is crappy. I once had a four way call with a girl and a couple other people in another country as the lines crossed. I also did snail mail. I got a brochure of FSU women in the mail and so I sent out some postal letters. Surprisingly, after a month and a half, I got a letter back from a girl. Unfortunately for her things with me were moving light speed with other girls on email.

Most of the call cards used VoIP - hence the cheaper costs, back then when termination charges for international calls were higher - the internet wasn't as good - hence the call quality could be horrendous

The guys in regular contact with women from Belarus could have huge telephone bills...hence the success of Viber, there... (where it was developed)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2018, 10:02:51 PM »
She even told me, “You are a man and have needs. I understand if you are sleeping with different women while you are looking for your soulmate.  Sex with those other women just needs to stop when you meet your future wife”

Some girls will say that.  FSU women tend to understand men have needs of sex like we need water, food and air. Don't answer if you're sleeping with other women or not. Both would be bad answers. Admitting you're sleeping with other women tells her you got other women on your mind. Telling her you're not sleeping with other women gives her the impression no women wants you or that your equipment isn't working properly.

Is it just me, or is BillyB's writing style confusing ..?

It's always just you trying to start a fight and ruin every thread.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2018, 11:50:12 PM »
BillyB,

You were posting in the present tense - seemingly offering 'advice' applicable to ten years ago, I sought clarity - not a fight.  ...

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2018, 12:09:54 AM »
Sounds good. I was going to get a sim ahead of time, but it’s nice to know I can get one at the airport.  Where are good places to swap money?  Any specific areas you recommend looking for an apartment?  I was going to just use airbnb
If you stay near or on Kreshchatyk (which I'd recommend if first time to Kyiv) there are plenty of places to exchange cash, better rates than at the airport. AirBnB should be fine.

Offline msmob

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2018, 12:34:17 AM »
A quick question on buying sims at the airport at Boryspil

I find getting a sim at airports - one often doesn't get the same deals one gets in shops / the stores in the cities - this applies in Russia, Turkey, Thailand, UK . Sometimes you are charged/ charged more for pre-paid sims eg. Turkey - I buy a sim at the DOMESTIC terminal - rather than the International one - much better deals

Having not bought a UA sim for some time - I'm just wondering is is not better to catch the new rail service into town and buy a sim where the locals, do ?

Offline rwd123

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2018, 02:14:03 AM »
Having not bought a UA sim for some time - I'm just wondering is is not better to catch the new rail service into town and buy a sim where the locals, do ?
Sim cards are dirt cheap. Unless you intend to visit regularly it's not worth the hassle, just buy at the airport. I went with KyivStar, it's around 10USD for the sim and 10USD for the month (unlimited data).

Offline msmob

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2018, 02:29:30 AM »
Thanks for explaining - it's useful info

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2018, 07:28:01 AM »

the mice NEVER have anything nice to say about the cat...

m'man! take a good look at the people posting here
you don't think there have been those who are EXACTLY how you described
"idiots and doomed to failure"

my extra super special advice to them is " tok tok time to wake up"

Krimster,

I have posted very similar advice to many a newbie, I wasn't posting about
anybody in particular. Generally the advice you give to newbies is pretty
good. I was mostly referring to the visit one verses visit many crowd but
there are a hundred other subjects which fall on the list.

Did you have one in particular that you want to have?

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2018, 08:06:26 AM »
The last couple of months before coming to Moscow Mr. Pedro kept me on the phone practically all the time I was not asleep, Forget about seeing anybody else, I had to completely stop any social contacts but him - anybody who called me had a busy signal. If he went anywhere, I got a photo report in email.
What did you threaten him with, if he did not ;D?
Milan's "Duomo"

Online krimster2

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2018, 08:10:44 AM »
"Did you have one in particular that you want to have? "

thank you for the invitation and clarification
but no...
the "pridorki" who post here produce topics far more entertaining than anything I could ever come up with
frankly, I find it alarming, that there are so many simpletons in the world
my daughters daily litany to me of tales of the idiots at their high school REALLY amazes me
Isaac Asimov, was quoted as saying
"The two most common elements in the Universe, are hydrogen and stupidity"
a lot of the posts here on RWD prove that at least half of this assertion is totally correct

my daily routine now includes standing guard at my daughter's school with other parents
to sacrifice ourselves should a school shooter suddenly appear
we hope our sacrifice outside the school building would give enough time to block their entry
poking fun at the people here, is usually something I do after that
so if I'm not in the best of all possible moods after guard duty against idiots, I apologize

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:24:07 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2018, 08:38:41 AM »
my daily routine now includes standing guard at my daughter's school with other parents
to sacrifice ourselves should a school shooter suddenly appear
we hope our sacrifice outside the school building would give enough time to block their entry

I can't really see you doing this on a daily basis.

And anyone who did this would probably be arrested for loitering, etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2018, 08:45:54 AM »
maybe you cant
but we do
will take a pic for you if you like
we wear special red shirts for ID - I look quite dashing in mine
it's an actual school run program - all participants go through background check and simple training
all volunteers
a whole group of parents
thousands of schools in the US have parent volunteer guards
you've seriously NOT heard of this
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:51:29 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2018, 08:48:40 AM »
You said it was your daily routine.  That implies 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
This I can't believe.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2018, 08:54:36 AM »
then you misinterpret what that means
I do at least one 2 hour shift per day M-F

part of my daily routine includes among other things brushing my teeth
does that imply to you that I brush my teeth at least 8 hours per day?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:56:59 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »
You are right.  I over stated what daily could mean.  Sorry.

Online krimster2

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2018, 10:13:10 AM »
thank you, quite all right...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2018, 02:15:47 PM »
Okay, so I just got back in the game and I have been talking with a handful of women on WhatsApp.  This is feeling just like online dating in the US. I haven’t written any structured emails (as in the past). It’s all a bunch of short text conversations and phone calls.

I will be in Amsterdam for business for 10 weeks starting in January, so I thought I would fly into Kiev (from Chicago) a week or two early, then go to Amsterdam, then spend a week in Kiev before going home.

When I mentioned flying out to meet one girl, she freaked out and thought I was moving too fast. She calmed down when I told her I was flying to Europe anyway, and was just making a stop in Ukraine to meet her.  However, it got me thinking... I don’t know if I am ready to put all my eggs in one basket with one girl.

The problem is with the way I have been communicating daily with these girls.  They text at any given time asking “watcha doing?”  I have a lot of flexibility with my business, so I often answer when I am not busy. I actually enjoy the “interruption”.

So the problem is that I have been very transparent with everyone I talk to. I don’t advertise that I am talking to more than one girl, but they don’t ask.  I can’t claim to be traveling to Ukraine “on business” with no further explanation. They will ask a lot of specific questions (as these curious girls tend to do) and I don’t want to tell some elaborate lie.  I also don’t want to say “none of your business”, because that is not in my nature and it would raise a red flag because I am otherwise transparent.

I personally wouldn’t want to visit with a woman if I knew she was in a trip visiting a bunch of other guys, but visiting one just feels too high risk. I have dated online quite a bit in the US and more than once I have felt 100% sure I found a match made in heaven by talking and video chatting extensively before meeting, only to be disappointed when we actually met.

I really wish there was a way to mitigate the risk of just meeting one, but my experience is that there is no way to 100% predict what the chemistry will be like in person.

Any perspective on this is appreciated.

I've found the same as you BB99, though I notice you're profile says no trips as yet. In meeting though I don't think the chances are high on a meet one of chemistry.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2018, 02:24:44 PM »
brownbeard99 How true it is and what percentage are on the sites for fun I don't know.

I've also been told that few men who join such sites will ever get on a plane and go to the FSU. So many women may hear this and figure they'll have a little fun and join since most sites don't charge women a fee.

I think this is true Dave, I think you're very right here. I think some of the women I met have done it on this basis, out for enjoyment, break away, a bit of stuff, etc. I think it extends beyond just penpal stuff for fun though. I don't think they care much if you come and thd time & cost involved. You're just another stranger to them a why would they. They just decide to extend the fun during the visit knowing you are not there permanently. However, some girls do it for fun and a few end up meeting a guy they want to be with I guess.

Think it makes sense that a fair amount are out for fun as some women will even meet you on the hoof you have hardly corresponded to out there just out of interest/fun in meeting a WM. Not to say of course that there aren't any serious ones out there but I think a fair amount do just do it for the fun of it without really realising the guy is serious and they are potentially making a PIA of themselves for the guy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:46:15 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2018, 02:44:37 PM »
What did you threaten him with, if he did not ;D ?

PAinful separation from family jewels, of course..  :cluebat:
Kaplah!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »
Tell every girl you plan to visit that you're visiting them as a friend and that you're open to a serious relationship if you find the right woman. Don't make a commitment to anybody prior to a visit and since you don't have a commitment to anybody you shouldn't feel guilty dating multiple girls the same time.

When a girl asks if you're visiting any other girls on the trip, you tell them you have no girlfriend and you don't like to talk about other girls. Tell her you want to focus on only her at the moment. Even if a girl asks about your ex's tell them you don't talk about past women. The past is the past. If other girls are on your mind, many ladies will hold it against you that your mind is on another girl, not them. When they ask you tough questions, if you hesitate or look nervous, they'll think something is wrong with you and/or you're lying. If you're confident in your answers and act like you're doing nothing wrong, they'll accept it. Although many women want a man to be only theirs, they also want to know their man is in demand so tactfully giving them the impression other girls like you may make them work harder for you.

There were times I visited ladies and it didn't seem like a good match, I'd then go get dates off local dating sites. Some girls ask me why I visited their city. I tell them the truth. I came to their city to find love and didn't find it yet. Never had a problem with that answer.

I've had girls on the first date tell me they only date one man at a time and they require their man to date only them and if I want to date them again, I have to agree to it. I then ask the girl if they are ready to dedicate their life to me and only me. They always reply "no". I tell them since I have no commitment you, we're only friends and are free to date whoever we want. I tell them I know they are getting asked out a lot and they are free to date whoever they want and choose the best guy, it's their right and I'm not jealous. Except for one time, I always got a second date.

Don't be afraid to hurt people's feelings because most of those girls will drop you like a hot potato when a better man comes along. Like you, they are probably jockeying for the best mate. You have the right to find the best girl in your life and when you do, you will forget about all others.

A lot of men don't give themselves choices. Without a selection to choose from, they can't choose the best woman out of the lot. By visiting multiple women, you've increased your chances in finding a winner. Keep in mind, it's possible none of the girls you are visiting this will be a good match and you may need to do more searching.

Although you mentioned you're not doing emails like you did in the past, you can still use the tool to see how motivated some of the girls are to please you. Tell them you want to share your life in pictures and ask for their email. If they like you, they won't refuse your request. Send them the photos but don't request any of theirs. You'll find some girls, without asking, will send you a slug of photos of their life. You can get an understanding who is more "into you" over the others and who seems family orientated to the point you'll be proud to take home to mamma.

Billy this stuff is gold dust :clapping: I think you have a pretty special grasp on how to deal with FSW and get it exactly right pretty much every time. I've benefitted invaluably from your advice and am much better equipped to deal with the whole FSU dating thing as as a result. I much appreciate your contributions on here :)

I too plan to do a meet many trip next year as like you say meet one doesnt really give you a lot of chance.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2018, 05:23:27 PM »
Tried WM once - Never again

BillyB's advice assumes there's no emotion attached - there is ..  Let's be honest - we don't date to find friends .

Many women will simply not meet you - if they know you are on a VM trip

You may meet one with whom you click and you're over-running and the next date is calling - need that stress ?

Each to his own ;)

I don't think your advice is wrong Mobe, I think for most Newbies and those such as myself just a bit into the search it often holds true what you say.

The difference is that Billy knows how to talk to FSW and what to say. Most of us myself included don't. Billy's got a knack of talking to them how they would understand. Talk to them how he does and it would no doubt work.

Like you I tried a VM in Lviv, it didn't work out as well as I had hoped. I made mistakes like letting the girl know I was on a VM up front in my letter, then with one girl allured to it in person and the date took a bit of a downer after that.

It's experience that we can build upon though to not it mess up again in future. Following what Billy states and these pitfalls can be avoided.

Time wise I have also been considering too. The ideal is probably to have a date a day if time allowed. That I'm guessing would allow time not to have clashes. If they need to be done quicker than that then I think perhaps two a day is reasonable taking into consideration a possible clash may arise though.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2018, 06:43:18 PM »

The last couple of months before coming to Moscow Mr. Pedro kept me on the phone practically all the time I was not asleep, Forget about seeing anybody else, I had to completely stop any social contacts but him - anybody who called me had a busy signal. If he went anywhere, I got a photo report in email.

Some people can talk endlessly for hours. I'm not one of those people. On some subjects I can talk a fair while but people who can talk endlessly for hours has always made me curious about how they manage it. It just seems like a strange phenomena to my mind.

Offline ML

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2018, 07:20:38 PM »
I searched back in my old trip report to get my wording on this matter.

Here is what I wrote concerning my WMVM trips:

"Further, all of the women I met knew I was meeting with other women.  Did I specifically tell them?  No I did not.  But, in emails before we met, I told in very strong language that I would under no circumstances discuss other women past, present or future, and I would not ask questions about other men past, present or future.

In coy terms, many of the women made slight reference to 'other women.'  I ignored such comments, and none of the women pressed the issue.  But they knew; just because they were not stupid.

And, I am not so stupid as to slap the women in the face by telling them I will choose based on 'how they play their cards.'  Again, I don't have to tell them, because as intelligent women; they already know this."

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM