Forum > Starting Out

Are you man enough for a RW?

(1/61) > >>

KenC:
Are there certain types of men or certain personalities of men that should not get involved with this process?

It has long been said here that RW are not for everyone.  I have always maintained that men with little or no dating skills should avoid this process as the possibility for them to be eaten by sharks is just too great.  Your thoughts?
KenC

catzenmouse:
A quote I really like is "RW are not for entry level dating." (think this was from jb) which, to me anyway, sums it all up in a nutshell.

The following are all intertwined but here are a few things that will paint a big red target on your forehead:
 - Weak personality type
 - Lack of self confidence
 - Submissiveness
 - Indecisiveness
 - Prone to depression or mood problems
 - Lack of patience

Plenty of other things could be added here. It all boils down to: if a man is not comfortable in his own skin and has a lack of social skills he's better off sticking with the local scene.

FWIW

KenC:
"RW are not for entry level dating."
Catz,
That was the phrase that escaped me when I posted!  Thanks.

What I find ironic is that over the years th American feminist movement has put forth a mantra for men to become more sensitive and submissive to women, which is in direct contrast to what most RW want.  And I think what most AW want too.  Sometimes what they say is not what they really want.  It is too bad for the guys that have bought into the concept.
KenC

BC:
Yeah, jb's words that you will need the patience of a Saint still rings strong here.

Some others:

RW don't make good 'rebound' material.

If you aren't dating at home, don't look overseas.

Think thrice about sending off your very first passport application.. Your destination is close to emotional hell..

You will usually overspend at the grocery store if you are hungry walking in.. Same applies to this venture if you are horny..

RW do not resolve depression or obsessive/compulsive disorders.. seek professional help instead.

If your first thoughts looking at a woman's profile is "I could have her.." you are with likely very wrong.

Jet:
I agree wholeheartedly, and I know them when I see them but it would be difficult for me to explain exactly why, off the top of my head without giving it some more thought...

I can give you an example from the "meat" world, though:
One of the project managers in the company I work for has been on me for almost three years running about wanting to come along on my next trip to Russia so he can meet some RW, with the thoughts that he might eventually find a wife. It will NEVER happen.

I have come to regard this guy as a friend. He is a nice, honest, hardworking man with a good job, a beautiful 20th floor condo on Aventura Beach, and a strong devotion to his family (brother, sister, parents). He is about 5'6" 200lbs, Iranian decent, Jewish faith, no Brad Pitt, but wasn't beaten with the ugly stick either.  His father has spent time in Saint Petersburg and has urged the son to go and experience it for himself. Everything mentioned so far could be spun to work in his favor.

On the other end of the spectrum, parents live next door, 44 and never married, he has little domestic dating experience, he is a habitual offender when it comes to speaking when he should be listening & standing silent when he should be speaking up, wearing his heart on his sleeve, bending over backwards to help others (to his own detriment) so he's easily taken advantage of, and needing things spelled out in infinitesimal detail - sometimes repeatedly. He lives in a condo instead of a house because he likes being taken care of. He likes the fact that there is a security staff watching all the entrances and exits, all the time. He likes the fact that he can pick up the phone at any time of day or night and someone will be sent upstairs to attend to whatever problem happens to arise. He is without question, the type of guy that will need his hand held and his nose wiped from start to finish and beyond. In my mind, he is the perfect target for scammers, pro daters, and all manner of unscrupulous women in the FSU. All of these, along with a general "gut sense" that he more likely to be eaten alive than to be able to find/court/wed/live happily ever after contribute to my assessment that he's better off looking closer to home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version