It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: $1250 cash to meet me????  (Read 14031 times)

Offline rambler

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: $1250 cash to meet me????
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2009, 06:47:19 AM »
Maybe  - but I have to been on only 6  forays into other countries and arranged to meet and only met the one lady in question. What I do find totally confusing is when there are several weeks or a couple of months waiting for a reply or a change of heart and then they get back to you, just when you have started communications with someone else.  This was only a week of mutual silence - obviously to review the lie of the land and alternatives strategies  LoL

On girl in France - on whether or I'd could see her went Yes, we met inc family who loved me, then no,no meet then yes, but no meet, then no, no meet then yes we met for 2nd time 2 months later.

And she is gorgeous with a 2 yr old boy and now has 12 months Visa to stay in France - but that's another thread. I just don't know where I stand with her but she agreed to come stay so her boy "could swim in my pool" at one stage. Just a bit changeable that's all. Not answering skype or email or phone ... so whaddya do?

Yes I guess I have several possibles but not met in the same city, too much looking over my shoulder ... Seriously jaded and everyone - How long do you think it takes  a decent Russian women to actually show some physical affection-- mean just a kiss a passionate hug ... not sleep with you ... is there a cultural difference?   I ahve met girls and inside week we were lovers, that I spent 4- 7 -15 years living with.  ... If a Russian women is playing for keeps is she going to make you go back 3-6 times before she "gets acquainted".  OK I ain't 28 any more but what is your experience?

R
PS I took out what u have quoted because it sounded crass to me later. Maybe you would too please? I saw your quote after my edit not before BTW.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 06:55:58 AM by rambler »
Woman: "How do you write women so well?" Melvin: "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability." Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets, 1997.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2009, 07:02:53 AM »
How can they switch from a russian isp to yahoo and gmail if they live in russia, and yahoo/gmail are not isp's? ISP stands for internet service provider, in case you are wondering :P  What about ISPs with dynamic IP addresses? As far as i know, majority of ISPs in Moscow (dont know about other cities) provide dynamic IPs, and to get a static ip address you must pay extra money every month, so every time you connect to the internet with a dynamic ip, you get assigned a random ip within the range of this ISP, so who is to say a genuine girl and a scammer cant use the same ISP and get assigned the same IP in different sessions? So condemnding someone just cuz their ip shows up as some scammer ip is not smart imo
Aloe is quite correct, Sculpto. I think you are confusing 'email providers' (yahoo, gmail, etc. - usually free) with ISPs, i.e. where you log on to access the Internet - usually for a fee. 

ISPs are assigned blocks of IP addresses by their regional authority - e.g. RIPE for Europe - and give them out randomly (dynamically) to their logging-on users: for instance, at this moment I am 82.54.131.75 at host75-131-dynamic.54-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it. However, my website IP is a static 213.205.40.169, so that DNSs (Domain Name Servers) won't have a hard time figuring out where www.floriani.it is on the Internet ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2009, 07:09:22 AM »
Seriously jaded and everyone - How long do you think it takes  a decent Russian women to actually show some physical affection-- mean just a kiss a passionate hug ... not sleep with you ...

starting from 5-15 min  :rolleyes2:

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 08:13:54 AM »
Well - Interesting development - from $1250 down to Zero - "A"  will be there on business and ...  
So should I stay or should I go now? as the song says ..  hmmmmm....  

Rambler, why are you communicating with the $1250 woman?

If she's a scammer, you're going to get a request for money before she flys out to Turkey.

If she's real, she's not happy with you. Surely she suspects you as the one who reported her as a scammer on Elena's models getting her old profile removed. I don't see her new profile either. Maybe you reported her twice? If you do agree to meet her, I don't think she's going to show up.

You're spending too much time with the wrong women. Rethink what you need to do to find the right women.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 08:17:30 AM »
The Russian girls in London - ain't in London Now - It's August and they are in Russia or on the beach! But you are right - Odessa will be buzzing now ----
R

Or they are not interested in some old geezer twice their age chasing them and your lifestyle isn't a big step up for them, unliked their impoverished sisters.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:19:29 AM by groovlstk »

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »
How can they switch from a russian isp to yahoo and gmail if they live in russia, and yahoo/gmail are not isp's? ISP stands for internet service provider, in case you are wondering :P 
What about ISPs with dynamic IP addresses? As far as i know, majority of ISPs in Moscow (dont know about other cities) provide dynamic IPs, and to get a static ip address you must pay extra money every month, so every time you connect to the internet with a dynamic ip, you get assigned a random ip within the range of this ISP, so who is to say a genuine girl and a scammer cant use the same ISP and get assigned the same IP in different sessions? So condemnding someone just cuz their ip shows up as some scammer ip is not smart imo

ISP was the wrong term.

searching an IP address that turns up scam reports becomes discretion of the user.  Yes, you are right, it is nto a single condemning factor, but, if I do a google ip search and the number comes up with dozens of scam reports I am going to read those scam reports and see if there are similar thoughts, sentences, letter formation or photos.  If not, I might continue the correspondence, but, if so even if I do continue it with open eyes.  And the fact of the matter is Aloe, every time I have used that method, sooner or later the money request comes. 

I have fielded over 100 scam attempts at this point.  That is, unsolicited intro letters that arrive in my email box from supposed ladies all over Russia mostly but also Ukraine.  I have had a few Nigerians try, one claimed to be from SF and stuck in Lagos.. four or five claimed to be Russians stuck in Lagos.  But, the overwhelming number of scam attempts came from the Mari-El republic and a few from North Ossetia plus a small handful from Moscow, Kiev and Kharkov.  Every single time I suspected scam, it proved to be a scam.  A few times the ip google method came up clean, but a few weeks later came up dirty.

The scam gangs are not stupid.  The really smart ones will change their emails and ips and use proxy servers.  They will read your letters and respond to your questions.  That is why it is very important to never send money to a stranger and to not get attached to photos and letters.

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2009, 10:05:27 AM »
Kazantip? For Rambler???
Sculpto, tell me you aren't serious   8)

If Rambler lives in London, he might just as well go to one of Hackney warehouses. Minus sea - same result: skinny, freaky, high teenagers  :rolleyes2:
Plus, there is no shortage of 20yo muscular and heterosexual sky-divers in Kazantip - in case girls came there for good time. However not too many prostitutes and 0 (or in decimals) of pro-daters. Not to mention that regular drug intake reduces sex drive, and coming to Kazantip for prostitutes is too long way - since prostitutes there aren't local and came there to accommodate the demands of infrequent foreign tourists.

Thanks Mies.  Perfect answer.  :)  Wow, I am getting the hang of RWs.  ;)

BTW, drugs are illegal at Party City.  There are some funny youtube vids on this toipic.  people who are high buy less booze.  They want to sell booze.  It might still be a good party, but, it is a business now.  Someone, several someones, are making a nice living running kazantip.  Not bad for a bunch of freaks.  ;)

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »
This sort of turns the tables on the WMVM male crowd if she is seeing a bunch of guys while she's there "on business" - isn't that the excuse Sculpto says should be used if asked by one of the VM women? ;D

Personally, I think if you're a WMVM type of guy, you'd be a hypocrite to criticise her for doing the same...

She could be there on some other kind of business that would still involve meeting many different men.  ;) 

And, yes, read between the lines.  It is code.

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »
Or they are not interested in some old geezer twice their age chasing them and your lifestyle isn't a big step up for them, unliked their impoverished sisters.

bullseye.  As I stated to Rambler in PM, the realistic response rate is the one you get when trying to correspond with FSUs that are already in your country.  There is absolutely no economic motive so they will only respond if they like your photos and words, and they will only get to your words if they like your photo. 

Food for thought Gents.  :)

Offline rambler

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 10:30:45 AM »
Hi BillyB,
I was not aware that she had been reported and removed.
I certainly did not report her to Elena's and her profile was up a couple of days ago, but weird. I didn't contact A for a week - but she invited me to join her on the 11th this morning sans the cash outlay.

She has closed her last profile  because ... well she is out of town for the weekend. Another "Business Trip"  she just told me on her mobile...  I guess finding the right man is a business - She works for a building supply company as a secretary so I doubt they are sending her out of town to negotiate a deal on  a few hundred tons of breeze blocks.

Her first invitation was for 7th to 11th AM  for $1250 . I declined.
Her 2nd invitation is for is for 11-13th for $0 up front, I guess because the first guy has paid her taxi and air fare. I'd guess I'd still get to pay for her hotel ++  for  the 11th and 12th until \3 turns up on 13th PM.

They are popping up all over. It's August,  previous EOI's are now in France and Spain and sending me their hotel numbers and smileys. I am totally bemused.

Given the fate of the Help in Odessa thread I think the starter or a thread should have a panic erase all button. Or at least an edit button that keeps working ...

R
Woman: "How do you write women so well?" Melvin: "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability." Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets, 1997.

Offline Ade

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »
Seriously jaded and everyone - How long do you think it takes  a decent Russian women to actually show some physical affection-- mean just a kiss a passionate hug ... not sleep with you ... is there a cultural difference?   I ahve met girls and inside week we were lovers, that I spent 4- 7 -15 years living with.  ... If a Russian women is playing for keeps is she going to make you go back 3-6 times before she "gets acquainted".  OK I ain't 28 any more but what is your experience?

Well, my experiences are private and I don't make a habit of telling.

What I will say is that you have to treat all women as unique individuals and some are more reserved than others but even so, if a woman is attracted to you she will usually let you know pretty quickly and unequivocally one way or another whether it's by touching or some other body language.

Offline NJ

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2009, 10:53:01 AM »
Her first invitation was for 7th to 11th AM  for $1250 . I declined.
Her 2nd invitation is for is for 11-13th for $0 up front, I guess because the first guy has paid her taxi and air fare. I'd guess I'd still get to pay for her hotel ++  for  the 11th and 12th until \3 turns up on 13th PM.

Wait for the 3d invitation when she will offer you some cash to meet her.
As a matter of biology, if something bites you it is probably female.
                                           Scott M. Kruse

Offline BillyB

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2009, 01:33:13 PM »

I was not aware that she had been reported and removed.

She has closed her last profile  because ... well she is out of town for the weekend. Another "Business Trip"  she just told me on her mobile...  I guess finding the right man is a business - She works for a building supply company as a secretary so I doubt they are sending her out of town to negotiate a deal on  a few hundred tons of breeze blocks.

Her profile was taken down about the time you started this thread so I assumed it was you but a day later a new one popped up and then taken down again.

I don't think she closed her profile because she'll be gone a few days. Maybe someone else reported her or she did that to make the guy happy who did give her the money to go to Turkey. Maybe you're the backup plan. :D  When I wrote to her, she wrote back a few weeks later apologizing not getting back to me sooner and said she was on a modeling assignment in Europe at the time so I know she doesn't close profiles for a few days or a few weeks going out of town.

Anyway, there's just too much chaos here to think it'll turn into a fruitful relationship. If she's really got the hots for you, she'd accept you visiting her in her own hometown. Too many ladies out there looking for you to be losing time with ladies that give you lots of static. I'd already be calling 50 ladies by now.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2009, 04:00:42 PM »

What I will say is that you have to treat all women as unique individuals and some are more reserved than others but even so, if a woman is attracted to you she will usually let you know pretty quickly and unequivocally one way or another whether it's by touching or some other body language.

Good answer!

Survey says:  sex by the third date if she is interested in you.

How do you tell if she is interested in you?  Every woman is different.  Important considerations are what was said and felt between the two of you before you met and whether you are on a VM or VO trip.

Some are more tactile than others and will reach over and rub your hand.  Others can seem reserved and proper only to find out later they were becoming keenly interested in you.   Still others can be very pleasant to you because they are polite when in fact they wish you would just go away.

A good hint:  a woman's posture in photos with you can speak volumes. 

I consider the fact that you ask this question  as telling.

Offline remiel6

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2009, 07:30:41 PM »
I agree with the previous two posts. I think its too difficult a subject to really be able to say with any certainty. I don't usually judge a relationship by how fast or slow the sex comes. I always try and move at a speed that is comfortable to the girl I'm with at the time. That being said even the most shy and restrained girl will tell you one way or another they like you. They will show affection. I think with girls that are shy and reserved it helps to a) be patient, this is a marathon not a sprint b) have been around enough quiet and shy people to perhaps pick up on thier more subtle ways of letting you know how they feel. There are cheaper ways to get laid then flying on an airplane across the globe. My personal goal was to find a partner and when finding a partner you have to learn to move at a speed that is comfortable for both of you.

Offline UTRO

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »

They are popping up all over. It's August,  previous EOI's are now in France and Spain and sending me their hotel numbers and smileys. I am totally bemused.

R

Sure they are.

Offline rambler

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2009, 02:22:03 AM »
Well I don't plan  to go to Turkey - I think she closed her profile,  It says ... not interested in any more letters. The marks have her email address and phone numbers by now.1st  Interview slots are filled ..

Dave congratulations on your wedding.  2 in France 1 in Spain. 

On the how long question .... I agree that you can know for sure before before you even meet if you are patient enough. But lots of girls write 4-5 times then say they are not into long email chains and want you to fly over if your intentions are serious. One did that lately. 3 days later i joked "tired of writing already !?

I got back "Sorry??????????????????"  Last I heard of her.

Sounds logical. They want to meet not write about it. So then you get there and you are with a virtual stranger.  So there is a conflict there. You have a weekend or a week or 10 days to visit and it costs time, emotion money etc.  Other girls exchange 60 emails and only want to meet for 3 days (A) u know there is going to be no intimacy in that time. And so it goes ...

R

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2009, 07:53:08 AM »

Perfect Answer!.....after General Mikes "experience" (Need Help in Odessa).  :o

Survey says:  sex by the third date if she is interested in you.

No Comment.   :D

I wouldn't want to start a "Family Feud".  :evil:

GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline remiel6

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »
Perhaps my comment here is totally out of whack with reality and if so disregard it, but 3 letters and thier bored already of writing? I would run, no steal a motorcycle and drive quickly away from this one. My first requirement when embarking on this journey was patience. after all the process to actually get the visa takes six months. Then they have the whole adjustment period to living here. If they lose patience after three letters because your not on an airplane how on earth are they ever going to handle the six month wait for the visa and the culture shock that follows.

the wise man said: Patience you are running a marathon not a sprint.

again if this remark is totally off base then feel free to ignore it.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
3 letters and thier bored already of writing? I would run,

A guy has to evaluate each situation on an individual basis. I once read 20% of the RW gets 80% of the mail. Some RW get 20+ letters a day and over 90% of those men are keyboard romeos who will write for months. Some of these ladies do not have computers at home and must travel to an internet cafe. The experience at first is wonderful for them but they quickly learn the games men play and grow bored and even jaded.

Some ladies in their first letter to me ask me to visit them. I tell them "I will not visit you or any lady based off a beautiful photo. I need to learn more about you through letters and phone calls and if we are compatable people with similar life goals, I will visit. I have been to the FSU before and I can travel again if I find a good woman that's worth it."

Some ladies like my answer and give me their number, others I never hear from again. Some ladies are looking for the easy guy who falls in love with their photo. They lose nothing since it's the man that pays for the trip and dates. Those kind of women can drop you in a heartbeat if they don't like you in the first few dates since they never invested any of their time communicating with you to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:14:14 AM by BillyB »

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2009, 05:40:35 PM »
Well said BillB!
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline remiel6

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »
I guess I can see how some people would get jaded by this process. I only meant that I wasn't real sure that this was a process for the impatient, because by its very nature it requires patience and understanding on both parties.
if a person gets 20 plus letters a day and starts to feel jaded I might question whether they have lost the place they need to be to see things clearly. That being said. Every girl is different and every guy, like you said, should evaluate each situation. Know what works for you and if they can't accept that move on. You are under no obligation to travel to the fsu to visit each girl that asks you to in the first letter.
Good observations and I hope people new to this who are still searching take them to heart.

Offline Aloe

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2009, 03:57:26 AM »

It is not uncommon for bosses to take their secretaries on business trips to keep them company (in bed), they even say so in the job ads. As it was mentioned in another thread, in Russia secretary position is often referred to as "secretute", because very often one of the qualifying parameters for the position is willingness to open their legs. Im not implying that all secretaries are hookers, just saying that it is very possible that she may go on a "business trip" :P

Offline Aloe

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2009, 04:01:44 AM »
ISP was the wrong term.

searching an IP address that turns up scam reports becomes discretion of the user.  Yes, you are right, it is nto a single condemning factor, but, if I do a google ip search and the number comes up with dozens of scam reports I am going to read those scam reports and see if there are similar thoughts, sentences, letter formation or photos.  If not, I might continue the correspondence, but, if so even if I do continue it with open eyes.  And the fact of the matter is Aloe, every time I have used that method, sooner or later the money request comes. 

I have fielded over 100 scam attempts at this point.  That is, unsolicited intro letters that arrive in my email box from supposed ladies all over Russia mostly but also Ukraine.  I have had a few Nigerians try, one claimed to be from SF and stuck in Lagos.. four or five claimed to be Russians stuck in Lagos.  But, the overwhelming number of scam attempts came from the Mari-El republic and a few from North Ossetia plus a small handful from Moscow, Kiev and Kharkov.  Every single time I suspected scam, it proved to be a scam.  A few times the ip google method came up clean, but a few weeks later came up dirty.

The scam gangs are not stupid.  The really smart ones will change their emails and ips and use proxy servers.  They will read your letters and respond to your questions.  That is why it is very important to never send money to a stranger and to not get attached to photos and letters.
I would still be cautious advising people to check IPs, because unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing, its very easy to take the wrong IP out of the header. So a guy mistakengly extracts the IP of, say, yandex instead of the sender ip (because she sent her email thru yandex), posts it on a website as a scammer IP, then some other noob decides to check his girl and sees the same IP in the header (cuz the letter also came thru yandex) and decides its a scammer and dumps a genuine girl cuz of that :P

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2009, 04:45:53 PM »
I would still be cautious advising people to check IPs, because unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing, its very easy to take the wrong IP out of the header. So a guy mistakengly extracts the IP of, say, yandex instead of the sender ip (because she sent her email thru yandex), posts it on a website as a scammer IP, then some other noob decides to check his girl and sees the same IP in the header (cuz the letter also came thru yandex) and decides its a scammer and dumps a genuine girl cuz of that :P

This is a good reason why you should use an emial parser (one such as this: http://www.nextwebsecurity.com/HeaderTool2-pub.asp). You cut and paste the entire header instead of just one IP and it'll give you info on all the IPs, yours included. It is not fullproof. It is only a tool in determining if you are chatting with the real deal or not.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1996
Total: 2006

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM