It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Intro post from an Aussie  (Read 13474 times)

Offline Charlie_M

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Intro post from an Aussie
« on: October 24, 2019, 04:53:56 PM »
Hi All,

I stumbled across this forum about a week ago, have written a few posts, thought it was time to write an intro.

I'm an Aussie guy in my late 40s, ex military, divorced a few years ago, three kids in shared custody with my ex wife.

My personality is that I'm a classic Sigma male. I've lived, worked and travelled extensively overseas, although Eastern Europe is still pretty new to me. I don't have problems attracting women or dating. I'm reasonably good looking, fit, financially stable and quietly confident with women. I'm not a pick-up artist (I tend to laugh at those guys). Instead I prefer quality over quantity.

Why am I here? I suspect my answer is similar to many other forum members. I don't have problems attracting or dating Western women, but after being married to one for almost 20 years and dating many, I'm not interested in their neurotic BS as wife or long-term gf material.

I'm looking for a long term gf or wife from EE because of many of their attractive qualities discussed here. They're beautiful, smart, traditional gender roles, independent (yes I find that attractive), honest about what they want, and tend to be direct about what they want without the neurotic BS of western women.

If this means I need to spend some time looking and travelling overseas to find an attractive woman I actually like, that's no problem from my perspective. However I'm not a Beta type who fawns over women or puts them on a pedestal. If we genuinely like each other, great, if not there are plenty of other fish in the sea. I'm also cautious about scammers and manipulative women. Manipulation, drama or princess type behaviour are my biggest red flags.

So that's me. Thanks for those who contribute so much to the forum and those who have replied to my other posts already.

Keen to hear from any Aussie members of the forum who might have tips about bringing their EE wives or girlfriends back to the land downunder.

Cheers,

CM

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Intro post from an Aussie
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 05:30:10 PM »
Welcome Charlie,
EE women are indeed all that you say. They also have an absolutely killer accent!
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 05:49:07 PM »

I'm looking for a long term gf or wife from EE because of many of their attractive qualities discussed here. They're beautiful, smart, traditional gender roles, independent (yes I find that attractive), honest about what they want, and tend to be direct about what they want without the neurotic BS of western women.

You are very wrong in your idea about difference between EE women and Western women.
They are the same.

However, you can trade up to a better set of your desired criteria in EE compared to what you can get in Western world.

The best match you can find in EE will have an exact counterpart right in your own home country.

But you can't attract the home country  gal, whereas you can attract the EE gal.

It's all a matter of Economics.

But don't kid yourself; the EE gal will have the exact same set of characteristics as does the local gal that you can't aspire to.

My bonafides:  30 or more trips to FSU over 15 years or so (mostly on business for first 10 years of that) having first dates with over 150 FSU women, third dates and more with probably 50 or so, extended time (a week or more) with 20 or so, month long visits/trips with 9, and now living with FSU gal here in USA for 9 years.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 05:56:52 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Charlie_M

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 06:14:01 PM »
Thanks ML. Have you ever been married? Seems like you and I have totally different attitudes towards dating and women, regardless whether they are EE or Western.

You are very wrong in your idea about difference between EE women and Western women.
They are the same.

However, you can trade up to a better set of your desired criteria in EE compared to what you can get in Western world.

The best match you can find in EE will have an exact counterpart right in your own home country.

But you can't attract the home country  gal, whereas you can attract the EE gal.

It's all a matter of Economics.

But don't kid yourself; the EE gal will have the exact same set of characteristics as does the local gal that you can't aspire to.

My bonafides:  30 or more trips to FSU over 15 years or so (mostly on business for first 10 years of that) having first dates with over 150 FSU women, third dates and more with probably 50 or so, extended time (a week or more) with 20 or so, month long visits/trips with 9, and now living with FSU gal here in USA for 9 years.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 06:25:16 PM »
They're.... independent (yes I find that attractive),

They can be strongly independent but may want to be dependent and weak in a strong man's hands. Beta males don't tend to be successful with FSU women. Welcome to the forum Charlie!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline southernX

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 07:40:35 PM »
gday charlie

i would agree with ML , in his advice  re temperament and character traits etc

the world over people all fall into pretty much the same sort of human examples , even if they may speak with different accents etc

howver from your into , i can see no reason why you cant be successfull if you use your head and organsie your self , understand the type of person that suits you and  those that dont then stick to that outline with some discipline

most important i believe is you know yourself well , then its a lot easier to go forwards 

happy to offer input and pm if you wish

good luck SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 08:38:27 AM »
when Napoléon avait cinq cent soldats went for a walk in Russia
and then later when a Bavarian corporal tried to repeat its success
they both quickly learned RULE #1 in Russia!!!!

The Map is not the Territory!!

so...

your “anglo-saxon-ness” and I’m assuming you’re an Anglo, and not one of those post-war immigrants from God knows where, will be a HUGE advantage to you over there!!!

for REAL!!!

you will stand-out against a sea of “ordinary” Russian faces!!!
when I lived over there for 3 years, I could EASILY spot the foreigners in a group of people in Sevastopol.  There is a difference in the facial structure and appearance between Anglos Saxons and Russian men, it’s subtle, but to people who live there, they will see this difference in you IMMEDIATELY.  If you can be considered handsome, then you totally play up this difference, by dressing VERY elegantly such as this:

this IS THE HEIGHT OF FASHION IN MOSCOW RIGHT NOW for the oligarch class, making it cutting edge for anywhere else in the Russian Kingdom, wear this and you will knock the ladies over the way a bowling ball does in a strike...
especially when combined with your Anglo Saxon exotic  (to them!) look!!!

so that’s the costume you should wear for your performance...
what about your character?

what motivates him?
what is he looking for?
love?
children?
sex?
adventure?

because each one is a different path...
and you can find ALL of the above there EASILY!!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 08:41:33 AM by krimster2 »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 01:35:08 PM »

I stumbled across this forum about a week ago
Cheers,

CM

Welcome to the forum!

They do have crazy women in the FSU, but they don't have women
on birth control pills mixed with Zoloft. In my entire life, I've never
been given the silent treatment by an FSUW.

I have gotten the exact opposite of the silent treatment several times. 🤣

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Charlie_M

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 06:06:14 PM »
It's funny you should mention the Bavarian corporal. I've spent quite some time in Bavaria. Appearance wise, I would best be described as Anglo-celtic, but for some reason when I'm in Bavaria, locals I've met for the first time tend to assume I'm a local, until (in my rudimentary German) I explain I'm an Aussie. Maybe something to do with the blue eyes and stern look? 😁

Yes, great tip about the map not being the territory. One thing I have already learned about FSUW is they seem to be very direct about what they want. This suits me just fine because I have a similar communication style, indeed my perceived "bluntness" is something which often rubs Western women the wrong way.

when Napoléon avait cinq cent soldats went for a walk in Russia
and then later when a Bavarian corporal tried to repeat its success
they both quickly learned RULE #1 in Russia!!!!

The Map is not the Territory!!

so...

your “anglo-saxon-ness” and I’m assuming you’re an Anglo, and not one of those post-war immigrants from God knows where, will be a HUGE advantage to you over there!!!

for REAL!!!

you will stand-out against a sea of “ordinary” Russian faces!!!
when I lived over there for 3 years, I could EASILY spot the foreigners in a group of people in Sevastopol.  There is a difference in the facial structure and appearance between Anglos Saxons and Russian men, it’s subtle, but to people who live there, they will see this difference in you IMMEDIATELY.  If you can be considered handsome, then you totally play up this difference, by dressing VERY elegantly such as this:

this IS THE HEIGHT OF FASHION IN MOSCOW RIGHT NOW for the oligarch class, making it cutting edge for anywhere else in the Russian Kingdom, wear this and you will knock the ladies over the way a bowling ball does in a strike...
especially when combined with your Anglo Saxon exotic  (to them!) look!!!

so that’s the costume you should wear for your performance...
what about your character?

what motivates him?
what is he looking for?
love?
children?
sex?
adventure?

because each one is a different path...
and you can find ALL of the above there EASILY!!

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 01:13:01 AM »
In my entire life, I've never
been given the silent treatment by an FSUW.

You were not married to V!

Being 'sent to Coventry' was her way to show displeasure and when asked as to why, "you are the man, you should know your mistake" was the response))

She says that living in the West has changed her attitude to men.

Now she has a 'western woman outlook', happier to date and even live separate to her boy ' friend', who she pointedly introduces to everyone as her 'friend' !

Offline supraman

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 05:28:16 AM »
Hi Charlie , another  ( West )  Ozzie here .  Been Married just over 5 years now . Any questions- feel free to ask -or better yet if you are ever in WA  let me know  .  :welcome:

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 09:54:31 AM »
You were not married to V!

Being 'sent to Coventry' was her way to show displeasure and when asked as to why, "you are the man, you should know your mistake" was the response))

Certainly, I wasn't. It goes to show that they have all types in
the FSU. I have dated ZERO FSUW who did the silent treatment.
One time I got it for a few minutes, but she was just building up
enough steam for a good blow.

Now she has a 'western woman outlook', happier to date and even.............

I would advise not posting anything of a personal nature to give
the peanut gallery something else to speculate or draw conclusions
about.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Shadow

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »
Welcome Charlie.
IF you want to know what to do: plan for staying some time in EE, unless you have no problem with frequently flying across half the world for a dte.
RW can be just as crazy, entitled and neurotic, believe as MrsShadow can tell me countless stories

Your mission is write - call - visit. Remeber those women will not sit around and wait forever until some guys from a place they have no idea of will show up.
Do not waste their time and yours will nt be wasted.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2019, 01:59:58 PM »
Charlie - you seem to have a distorted view of FSUW. Women are women. There are language and cultural differences but women are women. The biggest advantage of international dating is creating a bigger pool of dates. And it comes with some disadvantages.

I've had FSUW friends (and one girlfriend) visit Australia on tourist visas, no problems. But that was a few years ago. Plenty of options with migration paths - study, marriage and highly-skilled migrants visas. The latter becomes expensive as migrants get older.

I agree with Shadow. If you want an FSU wife, spend as much time as possible there. Study is an excellent option, many universities offer summer courses. You can learn Russian or take a course in English. But! (at least in Russia) You can only study on a Study Visa, which is annoying as it will only be issued around the dates of your course and be single entry.

Cheapest flights via China, fastest via the Middle East. Not a big issue now but if you're flying family units back and forth it starts to add up. Central Asia and Siberia is more expensive to get to than Eastern Europe.

You'll need a visa for Ukraine and Russia. Not hard to get, but support documents for business visas can get expensive.

While Belarus is visa-free, you still need to register for stays longer than five days. You can obtain a transit visa on arrival for 180EUR (2 calendar days) if flying on direct to Russia; you cannot obtain one on arrival so Russia-Belarus direct flights will require a Belarus visa in advance (which is rather impractical given the Belarus embassy in Australia closed last year).

If you travel with your children, Russia will charge visa fees, Ukraine will not for children under 6 or 7.

Offline nano

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 05:19:09 AM »
And then have strategy after arrival how to catch the right "gul" from plenty fish in okean 8)
Just want to see the other side :)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 08:40:33 AM »
And then have strategy after arrival how to catch the right "gul" from plenty fish in okean 8)

What strategy do you like? After arrival, should a man be aggressive and start off with a big kiss and hug or be cautious and offer a handshake?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline nano

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 09:14:35 AM »
Oh, do not know, but I think its hard to find someone essential at short period "on place". My strategy as man can be fine on-line some interesting women and only then come... and meet some of them in their cities.

But as woman - stay home and wait until he come :popcorn: asking money and gifts time to time of course for essential things :-*

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 10:03:27 AM »
. . . asking money and gifts time to time of course for essential things

So being a parasite doesn't bother you at all ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline nano

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 10:26:45 AM »
So being a parasite doesn't bother you at all ??
but only for essential things :D

But if serious not bother at all... Better I would parasite then would involve in man-parasite on my neck who would disrespect me, greedy and behave as a spread.
You even cant imaging how man can be parasite and waste time on barren messaging asking attention and so on and nothing more. They havent care about women and care about himself only, asking the hottiest on and do not care on what base she live. She should care about herself her own and make only hottiest entertainment for him, make her as source of his choosing. Is it not a parasitic? If you trying any care called parasitic so women shut up in her withes starting involving into man's searching bandarelia for hottiest women for him, testing sex on second date or so on not normal things.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 10:35:31 AM by nano »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 11:23:49 AM »
You even cant imaging how man can be parasite and
waste time on barren messaging asking attention and
so on and nothing more.

Aha!

You've crossed paths with a few Keyboard Romeos.
You should come up with a few questions asked early on
when exchanging messages to determine who is sincere
and who is playing on the computer in their mothers
basement.

I've copied this to a new topic called Nano's thread here
along with a few suggestions
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24019.new#new

FSUW don't do vague

Offline jone

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2019, 01:56:23 PM »
Aha!

You've crossed paths with a few Keyboard Romeos.
You should come up with a few questions asked early on
when exchanging messages to determine who is sincere
and who is playing on the computer in their mothers
basement.

I've copied this to a new topic called Nano's thread here
along with a few suggestions
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24019.new#new

My favorite video game is 'Botto's Adventures on Planet Ix'.

(The reason that Bill included that question here is that any guy who has favorite video games probably isn't very compatible with an FSU woman.  Unless she is a total nerd.)
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
My favorite video game is 'Botto's Adventures on Planet Ix'.

(The reason that Bill included that question here is that any guy who has favorite video games probably isn't very compatible with an FSU woman.  Unless she is a total nerd.)

Remember Blues Fairy? She was a nerd...
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2019, 09:03:01 PM »
Welcome Charlie.... There are plenty of Aussies on the site like Supra guy and RWD123 who will give you invaluable advice as well as the members here.

I’m not as experienced as most of these guys and have only met one women face to face that I had a romantic interest in, but I’ve also talked to many Russian women online and I’ve developed some real friendships with both male and female Russians in person. At home my neighbours are Russian and my Daughter is now living with her local Aussie Russian Belarusian BF.

I know dating can be a little discouraging sometimes in Australia, one date in particular made me decide to pursue the FSU woman as more than a friend, but I’ve also met some wonderful women in Oz. IMO when comparing dating at home and in FSU countries is like RWD said, it’s a bigger dating pool so you’ll meet quality women easier, but it’s not by any means easer to get to the end game of getting married, when you read forums like this and talk to guys travelling this path....After saying that, spending 3 weeks with a FSU women and basically living like a married couple, was an amazing adventure and tops every dating experience since my divorce at home.

My advice is to never bring up your issues with local women with a FSU woman for several reasons. First the woman I met commented that it was good that I didn’t talk disrespectfully about local women and it would worry her if I did. I take it she had talked to guys who said this and it’s a big flag.... I think it puts more doubt in her mind about you than western women.

Even though her and I connected because our ex’s were serial cheating binge drinkers who left for other people,  I still said my ex was a good mother and she deserved to be happy. In all
Honesty she wasn’t the best example of a wife or an Australian woman. She also talked about her ex in a respectful way. 

Secondly she will befriend local women eventually and form her own opinion. Things didn’t work out between the woman and I, but she still talks to a close female friend of mine, who talked me up, but has had a shocking run with Aussie guys and they have talked at length about this.

Try fdating as your first point of call, it’s probably as good as it gets regarding meeting women online.

Good Luck.... I think you’ll do well, you seem to have your life in order and I found they seem to love Aussies based on my experience in Russia earlier this year 🙂

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 10:52:43 PM by Davo »

Offline msmob

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 12:43:38 AM »
What strategy do you like? After arrival, should a man be aggressive and start off with a big kiss and hug or be cautious and offer a handshake?

'Experienced' BillyB.. you ask VERY strange questions...

How can there be a 'standard code' of behaviour?..It depends on where you are on the 'feeling you know each other' scale..

Example..You have video chatted for months and are on a visit one trip...

OR..

You are on a VM and made contact just days before you planned a trip...

I gave SC a huge hug and lifted her off her feet when I first met her for real.. I stayed a her home. ...

There is no way I would think it appropriate, or normal, to meet someone I had only just hooked up with online and chatted to for a few hours.

So, no hard and fast 'rules'..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 09:00:09 AM »
My advice is to never bring up your issues with local women with a FSU woman for several reasons. First the woman I met commented that it was good that I didn’t talk disrespectfully about local women and it would worry her if I did. I take it she had talked to guys who said this and it’s a big flag.... I think it puts more doubt in her mind about you than western women.

Even though her and I connected because our ex’s were serial cheating binge drinkers who left for other people,  I still said my ex was a good mother and she deserved to be happy. In all
Honesty she wasn’t the best example of a wife or an Australian woman. She also talked about her ex in a respectful way. 

People have the tendency to talk about the bad in others. There's good and bad in everybody so why not talk about the good? This will impress most people we date. I had a woman on a date constantly talk about all the men she dated and how bad they were. I did not want to be another bad man in her life so I didn't call her for a second date.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1900
Total: 1911

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM