It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  (Read 5786 times)

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
« on: December 01, 2005, 07:44:49 AM »
I posted early in November that my step-son's letter for fingerprints was not delivered and was sent back to the Post Office and destroyed.

The woman at USCIS swears it is because his name does not appear on my mailbox.

Why is it his acknowledgement letters for I-485 and I-131 and mail from his school were delivered without a problem?

I phoned immigration on November 7 to ask them to please remail his letter and I placed his name on the inside of my mailbox.

Well, here it is almost 30 days later and still no letter.

My attorney said he will be able to obtain this letter but the fee will be $450.00 because he must take 2 - 3 hours to go to the immigration office and argue with them to get them to issue the letter.

I see no easy solution except to phone USCIS myself several times a week until something is done.

Have any of you been in a similar situation? Is there a simple solution I am missing?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 07:48:00 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »
Sorry you're having a time of it SoC. Have you tried setting up an infopass appointment and going to the USCIS office yourself? I haven't looked at the site to know if this is a possibility or not but may be worth checking into.

We're starting all over with Sergei's AOS documentation. Somewhere in the pit of USCIS all his information got lost. The good news is that they sent the check back with a totally unintelligable explaination that boiled down to "we sent too much money" which we didn't. We sent the amount that they needed for each document. Just goes to show you that if in any way it can be screwed up it will be!

Good Luck!

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 08:07:30 AM »
Why not just send a letter with return receipt requested? If nothing happens then send it all to the political representative of your choice ;)

When it comes to burocracy, emails and phone sometimes don't have as much impact as good ol' snailmail.

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 09:36:55 AM »
This really sucks.

When I took my wife to have her fingerprints taken, I went to the desk and asked if I could see a representative because they did not mail my son's fingerprint letter.

The guard told me it was ok and to see someone at Window 9.

When I started to explain my situation the woman refused to see me without an infopass appointment.

This is idiotic and it means I must take another day from work to go down there.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 09:39:00 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 10:07:06 AM »
[user=130]Son of Clyde[/user] wrote:
This is idiotic and it means I must take another day from work to go down there.

You need to adjust your attitude to learn to tolerate the idiocy. It will do you no good at all to let it raise your blood pressure every time one of these bureaucrats puts up a roadblock. Days off from work occasionally are just par for the course.

- Dan

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
[user=130]Son of Clyde[/user] wrote:
This really sucks.

When I took my wife to have her fingerprints taken, I went to the desk and asked if I could see a representative because they did not mail my son's fingerprint letter.

The guard told me it was ok and to see someone at Window 9.

When I started to explain my situation the woman refused to see me without an infopass appointment.

Yes, it is a first class pain in the ass to deal with the burocratic ineptitude of this entity. The only good thing that I can think of is that it does make me appreciate that working here at the Fed is not as bad as it could be. Almost every day I see atrocious waste of time and money all because of political BS and this silo mentality that is prevalent everywhere in this organization so nothing that USCIS does to screw things up is a surprise nor should it be unexpected.

Think of how much kharma we're building for our next life...:D

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Vaughn

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 04:30:28 PM »
Chances are, BCIS never mailed the letter to begin with. The USPO does not destroy first class mail, especially from another government agency, and they would deliver a letter to Ann Chovie at your address, without question.

Help me understand why you're in such haste for the boy's
fingerprints.

Thinking back, we filed AOS (complete package) in July of 2002 - the fingerprint appointments arrived in February 2003, two months before the eventual interview. Yeah, stations vary - but I fail to see why you feel under the gun. While it's true my wife and daughter did prints simultaneously, that's not always the case.
Some interviewless green cards have recently been mailed out to K-1's, but I haven't yet heard of a K-2 reaping the same reward.

Vaughn
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:38:00 PM by Vaughn »

Offline jb

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 07:05:05 PM »
I posted early in November that my step-son's letter for  fingerprints was not delivered and was sent back to the Post Office and  destroyed. ,snip>
The woman at USCIS swears it is because his name does not appear on my mailbox.
Vaughn is absolutely correct, the USPS does not distroy First Class  Mail, in fact it is a Federal Crime to do so.  There are many  folks (ex-postal letter carriers) serving time in federal prisons for  even having dumped business class mail, what we call "junk mail" down a  storm sewer rather than be bothered with delivering it.  The Post  Office is pretty serious about the delivery of mail.

I'm pretty sure the letter with your stepson's biometrics information  was never mailed in the first place. Regardless of excuses made by BCIS  clerks.

However, I can assure you that when the actual interview comes around  it won't matter if he's been fingerprinted previously or not.   They will simply re-schedule the appointment for another date if he  hasn't got it done.   Both your wife and son will have to do  fingerprints (or was it thumbprints?) on the GC at interview time, and  there will be a 3-4 week delay before the GC's show up in your mail  box.  So there will be time to accomplish this task, no need to  get your panties in a twist just yet.

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 06:17:26 AM »
jb, She had to have all 10 fingers (is a thumb a finger?) printed electronically.

This whole thing just makes me angry because I phoned BCIS on November 7 (the letter was undelivered on November 4) and the woman gave me a long "song and dance" about his name not being on the mailbox. The last thing she said is that she would make a note that my address has not changed and request another letter to be sent. I called BCIS last night for a status report and apparently NOTHING was done. The last recorded information was dated November 4. it was as if my November 7 phone call had never been made.

I hate to see government waste and incompatence because i see enough of it at my office. Now I am seeing it with the Department of Homeland Security (USCIS).

Offline jb

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 06:45:25 AM »
Clyde,

Have you ever actually seen a GC?

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 06:52:20 AM »
Quote from: jb
Clyde,

Have you ever actually seen a GC?

Ohh NO!!!

Now you going to tell us they aren't really green jb?

LOL

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 07:28:55 AM »
I have seen plenty of green cards (usually photocopies) when I was processing foreign claims. If I remember correctly, they are the color of money.

I don't understand your remark jb except that you are probably just being jb.

The woman taking Iryna's fingerprints would not allow me in the room but I did see them standing in front of a machine (like a xerox machine) that was probably where the prints were taken.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 07:37:00 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 07:34:03 AM »
JB, my wife explained in detail the electronic fingerprint process and how the woman copied the prints of all her fingers. Maybe when your wife arrived it was during the stone age and all that was needed was a thumbprint from an inkpad.

Maybe you should verify this new 21'st century process with the guys whose wives are having fingerprints taken in the new century.

Offline jb

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 08:09:23 AM »
No, Clyde, the GC is not the color of money, it is a white plastic  card, about the size of a credit card.  On the back side of the  card is a large mag strip where all the alien's bio-metrics, along with  God only knows what else information, is digitally stored there about  the person.  It is my understanding that it takes a special card  reader to recover the data, and at this time very few agencies have  been equiped with them, so other than the POE's at major airports, your  wife's GC will prolly not be scanned by anyone else anytime soon.   

And FYI, my wife didn't come over during the stone age, and I'll make a  small wager when your wife goes in for the AOS interview, she will have  a ink-pad thumb print taken at the time.  I remember thinking it  was laughable because the year before she'd had all her prints gathered  electronically in the same manner you described.

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 08:54:59 AM »
I remember seeing the Green Cards and all the data that was printed that made no sense to me. It was about 3 lines of text with a lot of numbers and some letters. I figured out how to find the date of entry because we needed to have the resident alien dates of entry so these people would not have their benefits suspended. An immigration officer sees these cards every day but we only saw copies. Maybe one or two originals slipped through.

I only said the stone age because you and your wife go back pre 09/11 so I was thinking you could have met in 1999 or earlier.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541450
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1575
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 1499
Total: 1506

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Today at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 09:21:35 AM