It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Thanks for your feedback - "Single Women International" is our response  (Read 11623 times)

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Hi everyone,

I'm Andrew, one of the developers for a site called Ukraine Brides Agency, discussed here on this forum. There are many posts in that topic and while some impressions were positive, most had the view that due to our use of local agencies and the PPL payment model, the site was less than reputable. While we disagree with that position, we certainly understand why many think that following their experiences at other sites. All the same, we've been working on a response to this feedback and wanted to share with you what we've come up with.

Single Women International is a site we created to address the concerns that many of you brought up in that topic. It has been in the works for around 8-9 months and launched a couple of weeks ago. I thought it fitting to post an update here considering it was this forum that largely encouraged this work to start happening.

Single Women International uses a monthly subscription model where users are free to share contact details and communicate off-site if they wish. How we've presented our subscription model we think is one of the most transparent and most easily understood in the industry. The new site retains many of the great features that Ukraine Brides Agency has (integrated audio/video chat, powerful advanced searches, actual IMBRA compliance), but cuts out the agency middleman for those that are happy with less hand-holding.

We still do believe that a genuine PPL website using carefully vetted reputable agencies can provide something to a particular niche, so for those that want a premium experience (personal 24/7 support, translations, etc.), Ukraine Brides Agency is still offering premium and personalised services. For everyone else, we proudly offer this new service.

We wanted to say a big thanks to those users that did respectfully engage with us, didn't write us off as just another scam and provided invaluable feedback. We'd hope for the same from this topic too :) We've used your feedback to create what we think is the best international dating site around. So please register, have a look around the site that you helped create and feel free to get back to us with some more feedback!

Warm regards,
Andrew
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
You would do yourself a great service by not trying to plug PPL or PPC here in any capacity.  We know it for what it is, a ripoff that you as amalgamators have no control over.

Please drop the PPL BS and tell us, factually how you compare to direct subscription services like Elena's Models? 

Pricing, Direct Emails, etc.

Your company and other amalgamators have done a great disservice to the true Eastern European bride seeker by constantly allowing them to be cheated and lied to by agencies that only care about getting paid.  Why should we believe you now?

Sorry, but fool me once, shame on you, now you want to come back for a second round.  Prove that your service is not the ripoff PPL sites are.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
As stated, Single Women International is a subscription service.
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline jone

As stated, Single Women International is a subscription service.

By stating that you are a subscription service, tells us nothing. 

I looked at your website. 

Your entire homepage is pricing options.  If you had any women available, shouldn't those be your lead-in?  Subscription services use the women that they have - with the availability to click on the woman, but not communicate with them unless subscribed. 

Don't know of anyone who would pay, absent seeing the women.  Sorry for the poor response, but your credibility is not high when your claim to fame is still your PPL site.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member

Your entire homepage is pricing options.  If you had any women available, shouldn't those be your lead-in?  Subscription services use the women that they have - with the availability to click on the woman, but not communicate with them unless subscribed. 

Don't know of anyone who would pay, absent seeing the women.  Sorry for the poor response, but your credibility is not high when your claim to fame is still your PPL site.

I think you're looking at the wrong page. There is no pricing information on the home page, only on the membership page.

After registering you are able to search for profiles - there is no requirement to pay anything to do that. You can also read any messages sent to you or respond using a nudge (or "expression of interest") without paying.

After signing up for a monthly membership plan you are free to message and ask for contact details and communicate off-site. For US citizens, there is a process to go through for IMBRA compliancy but it's all integrated in to the site. Alternatively you can use the integrated messaging or live video chat service instead.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:58:56 PM by ajb »
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline msmob

I looked at the site and it is 'clean' in design - but not clear about membership details - esp. if you read the OPs initial response - which seemed to suggest a PPL model - which - historically would have me advising - do NOT pay using this business model.

My experience is that there are agencies that simply cannot be trusted and you communicate with mules - not the lady in the photo.

You cannot control these agencies.

I'm sorry, but as honest as you may intend to be ....I don't doubt you for a second .. others before you have ruined this model

Don't try to go there

]Jone raises another good point ... the sites that get sign ups and credit card details allow browsing of ladies profiles - one photo and some details - and are invited to join AFTER viewing .

I think this is another mistake you are making

Please take these observations in the constructive sense they were intended and good luck

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:16:16 PM by msmob »

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
Hey, thanks for your feedback msmob.

I looked at the site and it is 'clean' in design - but not clear about membership details - esp. if you read the OPs initial response - which seemed to suggest a PPL model - which - historically would have me advising - do NOT pay using this business model.

Sorry about that - discussing PPL clearly caused some confusion about how it related to Single Women International. I hope my follow up post cleared that up as unfortunately I'm unable to edit my first post now. SWI is a subscription based site where the only cost for communicating is the monthly membership fee. I think the membership page does a pretty good job of making this clear and hope that it was only my post that caused the confusion?

Jone raises another good point ... the sites that get sign ups and credit card details allow browsing of ladies profiles - one photo and some details - and are invited to join AFTER viewing ..

Please take these observations in the constructive sense they were intended and good luck

I have always been a fan of having public search and profiles but this one was a decision for the business/marketing people. Noted, there are some sites that have public profiles but the majority do not from what we have seen. I'll certainly bring this up for discussion again - thanks for the advice!
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
well according to your search engine on the site.. there aint much activity.. only seen one woman online at any time today, and she has been online since made an account yesterday
she was online last evening (her time 11pm), she was online last night (her time 3am), she was online this morning (her time 8am) and she is still online  :D
real stubborn lady that...

but I did manage to get 2 letters, without seeing the ladys in question online..  ;D
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
Thanks for registering Nightwish.

With the site only having launched in the last couple weeks, no there's not too much activity. The ladies have been registered long before the site went live so I suspect many of them are waiting for a few more men to register. There are a number of men signing up daily, so I expect this to change within the next few weeks.

From the looks of the logs, it appears like that specific lady had left her browser open with her logged in. I've gone and forced a logout. Looks like we'll need to make some changes to stop this from happening in the future. Thanks for noticing! In fact... now you mention it - you appear as online now too (in the admin/lady search). Are you still logged in? Maybe there's a bug here.

As for your 2 letters, I've definitely seen those two ladies online at some point. Maybe you missed them?

Thanks again for registering and for your feedback :)
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline Nightwish

I am most likely still logged in, since I never close down my browser or computer, like ever..

well I guess we will see how it turns out, at least this is a more honest way to charge for this.. so time will tell if you get any sincere and active ladies in there.

With Chat and Video support you sure have a advantage to many other free and subscription sites..
that AND that you let non-paying members read the letters sent to them. Will tempt more men to actually pay that fee to be able to reply I think. Instead of just seeing they got an email and its blurred out or you are directed to a "pay now or no read" page..

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
Re: Thanks for your feedback - "Single Women International" is our response
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 03:40:49 PM »
With Chat and Video support you sure have a advantage to many other free and subscription sites..
that AND that you let non-paying members read the letters sent to them. Will tempt more men to actually pay that fee to be able to reply I think. Instead of just seeing they got an email and its blurred out or you are directed to a "pay now or no read" page..

Yes, our approach with this site has been to be as transparent as possible. We have found this is not very common in the industry so we hope that it is recognised and appreciated by the men that decide to use the site :)

Jone raises another good point ... the sites that get sign ups and credit card details allow browsing of ladies profiles - one photo and some details - and are invited to join AFTER viewing .

Going back to this point, as we think you're right. It doesn't really line up with our efforts to be transparent as mentioned above. I have presented this case to management and they agree. I've just updated the site to allow public searching and viewing of profiles. Feel free to browse by clicking on a featured lady's profile on the home page or click the link under them to go to the search page. Thanks again for your feedback - as you can see, we do listen and implement changes where possible.
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 03:44:04 PM »
Oho !

I wish all companies were as quick to listen to feedback and implement )

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 03:51:25 PM »
Ha! There are certainly benefits in being a smaller operation. Less red tape!
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 04:19:02 PM »

Jone, any scam site can pull up hot lady pictures for you to oogle your eyes at.  The proof is in the pudding - real girls looking for real relationships.

The lead in is good for advertising, but only if it is leading to something real..

Offline RoboCop

• Spouse's Country: Azerbaijan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 02:41:25 AM »
I agree with everyone else about pay per letter sites and how they are inherently scams. There is something extremely fishy and dubious about your site Single Women International.

The fact you still maintain that PPL services constitute a "premium" tells me you have created this website as a means of engaging in damage control.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:05:30 AM by RoboCop »
Married 3 years now, with a 2 year old son. Wife is from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

drsecu

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 06:16:45 AM »
and launched a couple of weeks ago.

How did people in your success stories get married 3 months ago if you just started the site several weeks ago?

What is the end user getting getting for $50/month that would justify the expense over free sites (like fdating) that like have tons more real women?  How do the women know to sign up for your site, do you advertise to them?  Can you post pics of your ads or billboards.

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »
I agree with everyone else about pay per letter sites and how they are inherently scams. There is something extremely fishy and dubious about your site Single Women International.

The fact you still maintain that PPL services constitute a "premium" tells me you have created this website as a means of engaging in damage control.

To clarify, of our two sites, we present UBA as a premium service, not all PPL websites. The UBA business model means we can afford to invest in each customer individually (personal support, matchmaking, etc) - that site relies on quality over quantity. On the other hand, Single Women International and other subscription sites must rely on numbers. You can absolutely argue that it doesn't make sense for you to use UBA over SWI, but we can say beyond a doubt that there are men out there than want that extra service and are happy to pay for it.

Single Women International was borne out of feedback we received, on this forum and other places, that showed there was a market out there that was not interested in paying for this extra service (or who took issue with the payment model itself). This is also obvious with the success of subscription based dating sites. Having these two sites gives our customers a choice and widens our market. You may call this damage control (is that what we call responding to feedback nowadays?) but we think it's just good business.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:18:32 PM by ajb »
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 03:04:57 PM »
How did people in your success stories get married 3 months ago if you just started the site several weeks ago?

What is the end user getting getting for $50/month that would justify the expense over free sites (like fdating) that like have tons more real women?  How do the women know to sign up for your site, do you advertise to them?  Can you post pics of your ads or billboards.

Those success stories are from UBA - we'll replace them with SWI ones as soon as they come through :)

What is the user getting for using Single Women International over a free site? Integrated live video chat. Women that go through a verification process. Communication logs in one place. Security and peace of mind (why do they not use https?!). Arranging of gifts or travel if needed. Videos of the lady. You may not see this as worthwhile enough to pay to use a site, but we think many people will.

As for the women signing up, I'm not really involved in that side of the business so can't give a definitive answer. There is an office in Ukraine that handle lots of the advertising for women. I think there are perhaps some Google Adwords floating about. The site is also available in Russian so they can find the site just like you might - by searching for it.
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline jone

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »
AMAZING that he doesn't know how he collects women on his database.

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 03:29:51 PM »
I'm a developer - I have no need to be involved in that side of the business. Similarly, I couldn't give answers on marketing, strategy, etc. I gave a number of ways that women can sign up, I just can't give a definitive answer.

Either way, I'm not sure exactly what you're insinuating and am unsure as to why you're so negative about what we're trying to do here - even from your first response. What are we doing that is so wrong?
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 03:34:14 PM »
AMAZING that he doesn't know how he collects women on his database.

That's a little harsh Jon.

He said:  "As for the women signing up, I'm not really involved in that side of the business so can't give a definitive answer. There is an office in Ukraine that handle lots of the advertising for women. "

I think it's OK for businesses to have dispersion or even segregation of duties . . . pretty common actually.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 05:09:51 PM »
I'm a developer - I have no need to be involved in that side of the business. Similarly, I couldn't give answers on marketing, strategy, etc. I gave a number of ways that women can sign up, I just can't give a definitive answer.
Either way, I'm not sure exactly what you're insinuating and am unsure as to why you're so negative about what we're trying to do here - even from your first response. What are we doing that is so wrong?
How could you know, since you stated above that you "have no need to be involved in that side of the business" ::)?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline JayH

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 05:20:43 PM »
That's a little harsh Jon.

He said:  "As for the women signing up, I'm not really involved in that side of the business so can't give a definitive answer. There is an office in Ukraine that handle lots of the advertising for women. "

I think it's OK for businesses to have dispersion or even segregation of duties . . . pretty common actually.

Ahh ML  -- the "it was someone else" defence !

Given this is a western guy -- a guy who should understand the general scepticism of the whole industry from those in the "know" in the west  -- a key point of being any part of an agency( website)--let alone THE owner --is to trade on credibility.
That credibility should be to a western standard and management ought to be ensuring the standard of acceptability  -- not hand passing it to the "someone" else is responsible.
I cannot stand that type of escape from responsibility  in the west of upper management /ownership in any business. It is the business of that level to know and understand EVERY part of a business.
This is not exactly the size of Rio Tinto  he has a stake in -- and-- he came here promoting.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:54:49 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 05:53:22 PM »
How could you know, since you stated above that you "have no need to be involved in that side of the business" ::)?

Huh? The point of asking the question is that I am unsure of why Jone is negative toward this new site. Is it just a general dislike towards people promoting a new service?  Or is it our specific service? If it's the latter, I'd love to know what exactly it is that he (or others) takes issue with.
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 06:01:47 PM »
Ahh ML  -- the "t was someone else" defence !

Given this is a western guy -- a guy who should understand the general scepticism of the whole industry from those in the "know" in the west  -- a key point of being any part of an agency( website)--let alone THE owner --is to trade on credibility.
That credibility should be to a western standard and management ought to be ensuring the standard of acceptability  -- not hand passing it to the "someone" else is responsible.
I cannot stand that type of escape from responsibility  in the west of upper management /ownership in any business. It is the business of that level to know and understand EVERY part of a business.
This is not exactly the size of Rio Tinto  he has a stake in -- and-- he came here promoting.

To clarify, I'm not the owner. I started this topic because I was the one involved in most of the discussions in the post I linked to in my OP.

If there was some sort of allegation I was defending, I would agree with you that "hand waving" is a frustrating and inappropriate response. As it was, all I was doing was answering a question that I perceived to be neutral. Perhaps I missed the inference that all of these women are fake? If that was what was intended then I apologise, but also suspect nothing I say will convince otherwise :)
Andrew
Lead Developer

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541000
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1888
Total: 1899

+-Recent Posts

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM