It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anyone Experienced doing Tours on here?  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Anyone Experienced doing Tours on here?
« on: May 21, 2016, 03:45:03 AM »
I mean has anyone actually experienced going on any of these tours and how they found them. Were there any successes in terms of relationships being formed or marriages of either yourself or any others around you while on these tours that companies run? i.e AFA, Dream, etc. So just interested in hearing about your experiences or of others you know about, not really those that have heard about them but not experienced.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline alex330

Re: Anyone Experienced doing Tours on here?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 02:07:48 PM »
Why would you want to go on a tour? They look horrible. My wife and the agency girls in town used to make fun of the guys on tours. Definitely limiting your chances I would think...

Offline Muzh

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 02:11:33 PM »
Sex, sex sex.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 05:14:34 AM »
I did two tours back in 1999 and 2001. The tour in Odessa in 1999 was the best time of my life. I met a lot of interesting guys to hang out with and several women. It was after the rouble crashed so a lot of women traveled and stayed in train stations, with men, etc. I had to go to the bathroom before the first social, went downstairs, and walked through the room where the women waited for the social to start. It was just me walking through a room of about 150 women! A lot of women were desperate to get out so you had to be careful of the motivations. My second tour was in Saint Petersburg during 2001 and the guys seemed to find a lot more professional daters that did the tour circuit with little intention of a serious relationship. Several guys did visas before they left and remember, at that time, email was limited in the FSU and there was not much agency, apartments, internet infrastructure, etc. Would I recommend socials now? For a guy in his 20's/early 30's, maybe yes since most of the women will be age appropriate. A guy that age could date most of the women there. For guys in their late 30's+, I would recommend a more targeted approach of corresponding using sites that you don't pay for each letter but a monthly/6month/yearly fee. The challenge with the tours is that the days of showing up cold to parties with large numbers of serious women are over. You really need to establish some kind of bond through email/skype at least to see if the woman will invest her time in you over a few months before visiting. I found that approach best. I also tried the agency approach with some success but I found over the past few years, that showing up cold for individual meetings cost of a lot of money with some women doing the same thing as at the socials of just meeting various men for a good time and then waiting for the next round to visit. But again, I found serious women with all 3 approaches so try a dating site, make a trip during the time of a social and use the social or marriage agencies as back-ups in case your internet woman or women don't work out. And by all means, start studying Russian! On my last trip in 2011 (I have had some luck dating locally, probably won't last), the women and I did much of communication in Russian. I am not fluent but you learn much more about someone without a translator.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 06:49:15 AM »
Trench

1/ Look at who provides these tours - pay by letter models

2/ I refer you to point 1

Forget about tours - unless you need your ego massaged.

Check out.. ''channel four extreme brides Odessa Dawn Porter''

Do you REALLY want to be with Kevin [baseball cap ] ?

Marcus, 'fell in love' and felt he got shafted

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 06:58:56 AM »
Trench, you've been on this RWD site long enough to know what the majority opinions are toward tours. Why are you even considering this option using these PPL/PPC sites. If you are seriously looking to establish a relationship with an FSU lady, then use monthly pay sites then get your ass on the plane shortly after..... :cluebat:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 07:05:13 AM »
Help me out here Trench, You live in England right?  Have you been to Ukraine,Russia,Moldova or anywhere yet?  It could literally be a weekend trip for you if you are near a major airport.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 06:07:50 AM »
Help me out here Trench, You live in England right?  Have you been to Ukraine,Russia,Moldova or anywhere yet?  It could literally be a weekend trip for you if you are near a major airport.

Been to Kiev with a girl a few months back, she was around 30, me late thirties (little grey hair though, not too old looking  ;) ) Anyway, I thought there was chemistry when we skyped, but there was no when there, no affection. She was a nice girl, seemed to like being with me, but no chemistry. Later I suspected it was a kind of soft scam, freebies at the guys expense, not real pro-dater, I didn't get fleeced on the restaurants and did no real shopping trips. Either way without chemistry it was a no go, which is why I ask about tours, somewhere where I may see a lot of women and see if there is any chemistry, oh and hopefully avoid the pro-daters.

I'm off to Ukraine again very soon, this time Odessa/Mykolaev to meet a girl. In truth I'm kind of using it a bit as a nice summer get away to the beach type resort and to gain experience of that part of the Ukraine and the whole scene. Long term though if this girl does not work out I don't want to spend forever on a wild goose chase I want to find a girl who is legit and not doing this for some ulterior motive. I do of course expect she will have some reasons other than the 'wanting a family' but as long as it feasibly fit in and their is chemistry there I would not mind about these - say if she wanted a career, higher ed, etc as part of the package fine so long as she was into me and also would be agreeable to a family. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 06:11:14 AM »
I did two tours back in 1999 and 2001.

Just wanted to say thanks Clive, appreciate the input, this type of info is no doubt helpful to many of us here.
thank you for sharing your story. (shortened the quote so as to not take up too much space).

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 06:32:54 AM »
Trench, you've been on this RWD site long enough to know what the majority opinions are toward tours. Why are you even considering this option using these PPL/PPC sites. If you are seriously looking to establish a relationship with an FSU lady, then use monthly pay sites then get your ass on the plane shortly after..... :cluebat:

Is that what you did? I see your committed 1 year in your profile status. Well, idk I'm kind of finding a lot of women in the profiles are perhaps dubious. For example, one girls who contacted me with a nice straight forward down to earth letter discussing her occupation and inquiring about me seem genuine and legit, a real nice girl - she looked pretty but they weren't pro model pics, so pretty but not supermodel type. Anyway after a couple or so letters like this back & forth I thought it was time for me to invest a small amount of time and do due diligence and research her on VK just for process and reassurance - well I found her but turns out she was not 23 as she claimed but 19! Same/similar name and a load of racy pics, not lewd or anything but wearing all sorts of jazzed up even raunchy clothing. Well, pretty stunning, but what does a girl who is 19 want with me, a guy in his late thirties, it might be legit still, but it gets me thinking what. She's from somewhere in the middle of the Ukraine apparently. This was on Fdating a free site.

So that is the problem, I really want to see women first to see if there is any legit chemistry and hopefully not be suckered in by those who try to fake it. With pics its easy to tell if a girl turns you on, but chemistry for sure from a pic? seems a kind of too random a process. Even though I'm not working all hours under the sun I don't really have the time to line up a load of skype's or similar on whatapp, etc. My thought at the moment is go to upcoming visit to Odessa/Mykolaev, meet girl and scout around ton the quiet for any other girl that might give me the eye (no hookers though, lol). I think some guy on here mentioned hiring a legit terp might help assist in this, well take it as it comes I think.

Long term, I'm thinking of going out there on some, non-dating activity and try and meet a girl that way out of the dating circuit as to be honest with you I'm finding the whole lot rather dubious. The pay monthly dating sites just being the best of a bad bunch - a lot of women on there these days I wonder are just those women who want to go freelance on their scams or novice scammers or vacation whores, etc. Just my thoughts. This thread was from a little while back while I was considering tours a bit. 

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 06:42:02 AM »
I think that normal guys, like many coming to FSU, with no special skills game could be easily tired from the one to one (WOVO). that you are currently living.
I had applied for a tour, with Jack, he is no longer on earth, poor Jack. I bailled out before the tour happens, for reasons i don't want here to explain. Jack was the typical boss with whom you can consider a tour, because generally 99% or tours' agencies are totally crap, especially with adate an afa. Jack was honest and reliable.
I think that's normal after two or trips to give up to this journey if you don't find chemistry (plus the unsurpassed scammers who will show sooner or later), many men will.
You can perhaps consider Mark Davis, but that's not cheap or find by yourself.
However, as you have endured, no time spent in correspondance, even with skype can guarantee the success.
Having some game could help you to flow her  up with chesmistry and detect the true signs of her being interested in you, something always valuable. Even if gaming in the east and in the west are different, the attraction felt don't depend of the culture.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 06:44:55 AM »
Trenchcoat, you should read operation white panther, it could give you interesting clues of how i met the girls and found therefore my wife.
That was a WMVM.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 04:45:14 AM »
The best way to look at it is that you never know how things will work no matter what approach you use. Compatibility and sincerity both take time to figure out that mostly needs done with a lot of face to face time. Skype and emails help you trim down the girls not interested. Once you travel there, you then have to deal with other relationship challenges where things can end at any time such as after a trip or two, during the visa, once she is here, or after you are married, etc. We sometimes find ourselves thinking that a woman is the only one  for us only to see something else later. I had some success meeting women on tours, using agencies, or meeting one from a dating site. But I prefer the dating sites so you can do some of the work from home of trying to find ones really interested.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 07:22:18 AM »
I actually sent in a deposit to Anastasia tour ($100).........but let them keep the deposit......and never went on the tour. I ended-up with a good agency......Lifetime Partners.......in Tver, Russia. The idea of tours seems good.......in theory. Ratio of women to men.......10 to 1 (good for the guys...at least). The problem is....you may be a guy looking for someone in their 30s, 40s or 50s........but most are 20-something hotties. The over 30 ladies are a small percentage. They advertise 10 - 1 ratio of women to men.......but have a hard time meeting their quota. So....they let any women in off the street.......for free food and drinks. Some are legit.....looking for a partner.....but many are professional "daters".....some hookers......some just for the "party". Not the "serious-minded" women looking for a legit partner. The concept in theory is beneficial.....to the men at least. But the execution of the model is flawed. A "good" agency has the "potential".......to be the best option. I have pondered many times....the possibility of starting an Russian/American agency. The concept is fascinating to me. But for me......the "best" agency.....is both beneficial to the men......."AND" the women. I could not do it any other way. There was a guy......"Commodore Steve"........who had offices Stavropol, Samara, Moscow.......and three or four other cities. He seemed like a genuine guy.......who cared about his clients......both men.....and women. I was fortunate to meet him in Stavropol, Russia. I met....at the airport (while visiting my wife.....we were married in Russia.....awaiting a K-3 visa) a mother and her son.....from Arizona, USA. Her son was 21 y.o......and "mom" wanted him to meet and marry a "nice" Russian girl. Mom had married an American guy and lived in the USA for over 20 years. Her contact was Commodore Steve. About a year later he sold his agency. I truly believe he cared as much about the women.....as he did for his male clients. Maybe someone here.....with more computer smarts than I posses......could search "defunct" websites for.........COMMODORE STEVE.......and post the info on this thread. It would be an education.......for all.

Thanks,

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Anyone Experienced doing Tours on here?
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 08:47:03 AM »
I mean has anyone actually experienced going on any of these tours and how they found them. Were there any successes in terms of relationships being formed or marriages of either yourself or any others around you while on these tours that companies run? i.e AFA, Dream, etc. So just interested in hearing about your experiences or of others you know about, not really those that have heard about them but not experienced.

Most of them are pretty bad. The Mark Davis group is the best now
that Jack Bragg is no longer with us.

AFA is a pay by the letter agency and probably the most infamous
(not a compliment) tour company. Turbo can probably give you the
most information. There is a reason that you haven't been given any
advice to seek one out.

Some threads

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=145.msg1556#msg1556

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=251.msg3273#msg3273

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=6065.msg110104#msg110104

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541299
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3603
Most Online Ever: 12701