It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Tinder - Am I crazy?  (Read 24407 times)

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Tinder - Am I crazy?
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »
At your age if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world.  I've dated more FSU  Women than anybody since the 90s and I had a blast  as a single man. Just make sure if you marry one that she's a high-quality woman. Although people on tinder have a reputation for not looking for a serious relationship it is possible people can change.

Mighty big words.. How do you know this.. And how many hundreds are we talking about?
I have to admit I haven't read your trip report.. But more then any other man??

And another curious thought.. Were any of these women of legal age when you started dating them?
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2018, 11:46:24 AM »
I don't think that's the case here Gb, it may look like the case to a newbie to this site but it really takes just a little bit of experience starting of to come around and see that Rwd's advice it pretty relevant to most people dating in the FSU. Many of us myself included will have come across at least some of what Rwd states from just the odd few visits out there.

The people out there will be up to any silly trick to get even just a few Grhivna or Rouble. I think they have it ingrained in their way of life particularly certain segments of society such as taxi drivers for example, but many girls will also. Some of course are decent and will help out a stranger on a money for nothing basis, some have a very decent and genuine streak to them, but be on your guard for those that aren't.

Rwd tells you the stuff he does because he's been hauled through it all. No of course an icy sidewalk with some drunks is not a reason to fear per se or avoid travel. I think he is more trying to allure you to the state of FSU society, that in parts of is wreaked and beneath the pretty image of a young lady this is what you could be dealing with. People that don't care who you are or how they will do you over. That they will be hospitalble to your face but have hidden intentions. It's not all bad of course some can turn up trumps, but behind every statement uttered of where a girl was met,  how pretty she is,  how old she is supposed to be, what she is supposed to be studying or working as and whether she speaks English to someone that had been through it all like Rwd they can often get a pretty good idea of what becones on the horizon.

FSU dating is NOT the same as dating in the US or UK or wherever in the western world,  there are specific pitfalls to avoid and to look out for. I suggest read a lot on here and learn the sort of things they are first so you are better prepared for them should they turn up.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2018, 11:53:51 AM »
This link will probably explain better the sort of stuff you can get in a bad situation Gb and it's also about Tinder so quite applicable to you:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:55:30 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Gb1015

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2018, 12:22:14 PM »
I don't think that's the case here Gb, it may look like the case to a newbie to this site but it really takes just a little bit of experience starting of to come around and see that Rwd's advice it pretty relevant to most people dating in the FSU. Many of us myself included will have come across at least some of what Rwd states from just the odd few visits out there.

The people out there will be up to any silly trick to get even just a few Grhivna or Rouble. I think they have it ingrained in their way of life particularly certain segments of society such as taxi drivers for example, but many girls will also. Some of course are decent and will help out a stranger on a money for nothing basis, some have a very decent and genuine streak to them, but be on your guard for those that aren't.

Rwd tells you the stuff he does because he's been hauled through it all. No of course an icy sidewalk with some drunks is not a reason to fear per se or avoid travel. I think he is more trying to allure you to the state of FSU society, that in parts of is wreaked and beneath the pretty image of a young lady this is what you could be dealing with. People that don't care who you are or how they will do you over. That they will be hospitalble to your face but have hidden intentions. It's not all bad of course some can turn up trumps, but behind every statement uttered of where a girl was met,  how pretty she is,  how old she is supposed to be, what she is supposed to be studying or working as and whether she speaks English to someone that had been through it all like Rwd they can often get a pretty good idea of what becones on the horizon.

FSU dating is NOT the same as dating in the US or UK or wherever in the western world,  there are specific pitfalls to avoid and to look out for. I suggest read a lot on here and learn the sort of things they are first so you are better prepared for them should they turn up.

I gotcha. I’m not denying any of that exists. I’ve travelled all through Venezuela multiple times. Murder capital of the world where you literally cannot find cash because of inflation. The women and men there literally are killing for food. And used tinder there. Where a cop will kill you if you don’t pay him.

My point is. Safety is key. Sorry guys, I know Russia is a sketchy place at times. But if you fall for the traps. That’s your fault. Not the society. You chose to  travel there. BE

You guys act like these things don’t happen state side either.

I mean. What does this guy know about tinder. How old is he? Do you understand that an old white guy on tinder looking to pick up a young 20 year old is very likely to be scammed. They are a target that sticks out. They are not supposed to be on tinder and are known to be looking to pay for a young girl.

They are exactly what the scammers look for.

What does this guy look like? Do you expect to have a beer belly on tinder and land a 10. No, you’re goong to get hustled. That’s not the place for old people.

Bottom line is. Any normal girl would not even consider him. His chances of meeting someone that is not trying to scam him are very slim. Because he’s got nothing to offer other than money.

Offline msmob

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2018, 12:40:11 PM »
Mighty big words..
And another curious thought.. Were any of these women of legal age when you started dating them?

:))))))))))))

BillyB... you post about 'fake news' and then post bollox boasts

I know a guy from the next county who was taking long weekends in Kyiv, 2/3 weekends out of 4 ....I am CERTAIN he has dated FAR more FSUW than you

Offline ML

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2018, 12:41:35 PM »
Billy meant he had dated far more FSUW than other categories of women.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2018, 12:48:08 PM »
Billy meant he had dated far more FSUW than other categories of women.

I think not ... 

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
I gotcha. I’m not denying any of that exists. I’ve travelled all through Venezuela multiple times. Murder capital of the world where you literally cannot find cash because of inflation. The women and men there literally are killing for food. And used tinder there. Where a cop will kill you if you don’t pay him.

My point is. Safety is key. Sorry guys, I know Russia is a sketchy place at times. But if you fall for the traps. That’s your fault. Not the society. You chose to  travel there. BE

You guys act like these things don’t happen state side either.

I mean. What does this guy know about tinder. How old is he? Do you understand that an old white guy on tinder looking to pick up a young 20 year old is very likely to be scammed. They are a target that sticks out. They are not supposed to be on tinder and are known to be looking to pay for a young girl.

They are exactly what the scammers look for.

What does this guy look like? Do you expect to have a beer belly on tinder and land a 10. No, you’re goong to get hustled. That’s not the place for old people.

Bottom line is. Any normal girl would not even consider him. His chances of meeting someone that is not trying to scam him are very slim. Because he’s got nothing to offer other than money.

You're coming across as someone who's very arrogant and naive. You'd better listen to what rwd123 and Bee Farmer have to say because there's a lot of wisdom there. I've been living in the FSU for almost 8 years and been on these forums for 6 and you really have no idea all of the things you don't know. You have ZERO experience with this. I wish you the best of luck but I think you're in for a rude awakening. No English and 20 years old, that's a steep mountain to climb.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:42:06 PM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2018, 01:06:42 PM »
So how did you survive Venezuela Gb? I take it you didn't rely on luck or hope for the best!

Personally if it was me I would not go to Venezuela  and countries that are that bad. It's like people who get into trouble in Saudi about trivial things and then complain. I follow the thought process that if a country is a known sh*thole then I don't go there and that is what I should expect if I travel to a sh*thole country. I wouldn't go to Venezuela as being a white guy and a foriegner I would be a prime target and so find it better to avoid all that BS.

The FSU is not usually as bad as real sh*thole countries it is normally civilised enough, but of course as discussed there is boll*cks going on. By all means press on though. Some guys seem to be able to negotiate what are often seen as dubious routes and come out shining. Others think they can and don't, I don't think I can so I don't.

I think the point you make about guys being realistic has some merit. If a girl sees a guy as fit, successfull and desirable, if she can see him as comparable to her socially either through age and/or how socially adept he is then she will see him as worthy of her. If he comes across as socially weak, not near her level, old and past it, not someone she would normally be seen with then the scams and bad behaviour will no doubt come into play. So I think your right in that being an area guys looking for a FSW fall down on.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2018, 03:14:13 PM »
This link will probably explain better the sort of stuff you can get in a bad situation Gb and it's also about Tinder so quite applicable to you:

Read this story about Tinder last year:  http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298507-i707-k11013587-Tinder_Scams_St_Petersburg-St_Petersburg_Northwestern_District.html

I am always amazed at what guys will do to try to get laid!!! Tinder IS mainly a place to get hooked up.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:16:40 PM by LAman »
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2018, 03:25:44 PM »

Read this story about Tinder last year:  http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298507-i707-k11013587-Tinder_Scams_St_Petersburg-St_Petersburg_Northwestern_District.html

I am always amazed at what guys will do to try to get laid!!! Tinder IS mainly a place to get hooked up.

😂😂😂😂 this is the typical Latvian stag party scam. You have to be a moron. Instincts.

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2018, 03:47:10 PM »
So how did you survive Venezuela Gb? I take it you didn't rely on luck or hope for the best!

Personally if it was me I would not go to Venezuela  and countries that are that bad. It's like people who get into trouble in Saudi about trivial things and then complain. I follow the thought process that if a country is a known sh*thole then I don't go there and that is what I should expect if I travel to a sh*thole country. I wouldn't go to Venezuela as being a white guy and a foriegner I would be a prime target and so find it better to avoid all that BS.

The FSU is not usually as bad as real sh*thole countries it is normally civilised enough, but of course as discussed there is boll*cks going on. By all means press on though. Some guys seem to be able to negotiate what are often seen as dubious routes and come out shining. Others think they can and don't, I don't think I can so I don't.

I think the point you make about guys being realistic has some merit. If a girl sees a guy as fit, successfull and desirable, if she can see him as comparable to her socially either through age and/or how socially adept he is then she will see him as worthy of her. If he comes across as socially weak, not near her level, old and past it, not someone she would normally be seen with then the scams and bad behaviour will no doubt come into play. So I think your right in that being an area guys looking for a FSW fall down on.

In Venzla you don’t go out at night.

I don’t know about you guys but when a women starts to suggest where to meet. I consider it a red flag. Pretty much anywhere. But definitely in a foreign country. I just won’t meet if they start to get to pushy on a location. I set it up. Let them know the day of. Also, you can tell a sketchy girl who wants to scam you from a normal one in person. You have to trust instincts. If something smells bad it probably is. The difference between that and what this guy is doing is. He is generalizing. And using context clues that simply do not gaurentee what he is trying to gaurentee.

Now if the girl started to ask me for money for her phone bill. Or started to disappear for a day without messaging me. Or started pressuring me to book at a certain place. Those are legitimate signs of a scammer.

I would have nothing against him. But to say. A 20 year old and tinder and speaks Russian is an automatic scam. Is ridiculous.

So let’s flip it. If I met a 20 year old on tinder in miami who speaks Spanish. Or even if I met one in another state. Who wants to mee who is attractive. Does that make her an automatic scammer?? 

Scammers scam. And try to make an easy buck. This girl spends hours talking to me on Skype. When we don’t Skype she is constantly texting me.

Has never asked me for one dollar. This has gone on for months.

I mean it sounds like a lot a lot of time invested just for a scam.

But again. It may well be the best scammer ever. Therefore, I am not gonna let my guard down. But I’m not gonna automatically assume the worse when I disageee that tinder and 20 means automatic scam. And the fact that she speaks Russian.  News flash. She lives in Russia. What did you expect her to speak? Mandarin?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:51:13 PM by Gb1015 »

Offline Davo2

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2018, 03:50:31 PM »
In defence of tinder and coming from someone who spent 6 months using it, It's all things..... Yes it's a hook up site, but more so for people in their 20's. In the late 20's - 50 age group, a vast majority of people are using it as a regular dating site, to find a serious relationship.

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2018, 04:11:49 PM »
I haven have 209 scammers across the world trying to scam me as we speak. See attached.

Offline LAman

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2018, 04:14:58 PM »
Gb,

I for one never said the girl you will meet soon is a scammer, I mention only what mainly the site you met this girl is known for. If you think she is someone you have chance to develop a relationship, more power to you.

Your talk of possible marriage to a girl you met (talked, skyped) for 3 months, doesn't speak your language and is a  20 yr old reeks of unmature, unrealistic thought process on your part. What is your reason for bringing up such talk?

Dating to a process to learn and develop a possible LTR, not to dream of what the possibilites can be. I young very naive girl can be impressed with such discussions but in a few months time think completely different.

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »
Oh wait Hinge too! Over 300 scammers and one night standers.

Offline LAman

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
I haven have 209 scammers across the world trying to scam me as we speak. See attached.

So anyone who says Hi to you is a scammer?

Why are you even on such sites?

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2018, 04:23:30 PM »
Gb,

I for one never said the girl you will meet soon is a scammer, I mention only what mainly the site you met this girl is known for. If you think she is someone you have chance to develop a relationship, more power to you.

Your talk of possible marriage to a girl you met (talked, skyped) for 3 months, doesn't speak your language and is a  20 yr old reeks of unmature, unrealistic thought process on your part. What is your reason for bringing up such talk?

Dating to a process to learn and develop a possible LTR, not to dream of what the possibilites can be. I young very naive girl can be impressed with such discussions but in a few months time think completely different.

I gotcha man. The girls 20. According to everyone on here. She’s either a scammer, naieve, immature. Reality is There is no point in talking to a girl Fromm Russia if you don’t plan on bringing her over. It’s not around the block you can’t take a weekend trip to visit. So yeah. If I want a real relationship with her marriage would be the only option. Unfortunately. HOWEVER. Even that is about a year process.

It’s gonna take a few months just to get her to be able to come here to get married. IF the girl is willing to stick that out and continues to communicate and doesn’t start to act shady. After I go in August. Then why not marry her?

Jeez if it’s to get out of Russia that badly to the point where you’re constantly texting a guy and having to sleep with him and lie that you like him so much. She deserves to play me.

But your point is taken. Yes, under normal circumstances, this is very immature and unrealistic. And the fact that she speaks Russian is really not a big deal to me. The first Russian girl I dated, (as mentioned in an earlier post) who happened to have just come from Moscow on a modeling contract did not speak a lick of english. I had to teach her.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:40:17 PM by Gb1015 »

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2018, 04:25:26 PM »

So anyone who says Hi to you is a scammer?

Why are you even on such sites?

It’s sarcasm man. There are hundreds of thousands of people on dating apps like tinder. To say every chick is looking for a one night stand or to scam someone is coming from a guy with no experience or a really bad experience.

Offline LAman

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2018, 04:37:55 PM »
I gotcha man. The girls 20. According to everyone on here. She’s either a scammer, naieve, immature. Reality is There is no point in talking to a girl Fromm Russia if you don’t plan on bringing her over. It’s not around the block you can’t take a weekend trip to visit. So yeah. If I want a real relationship with her marriage would be the only option. Unfortunately. HOWEVER. Even that is about a year process.

It’s gonna take a few months just to get her to be able to come here to get married. IF the girl is willing to stick that out and continues to communicate and doesn’t start to act shady. After I go in August. Then why not marry her?

Jeez if it’s to get out of Russia that badly to the point where you’re conatantly texting a guy and having to sleep with him and lie that you like him so much. She deserves to play me.

What your not really comprehending is your talk of marriage to someone who you have never met, spent time together...….let alone speak and fully comprehend what each other is talking about. It is fantasy talk, someone dreaming.

You can talk about marriage after you meet, find you have chemistry together, similar interests, values and future goals.

Are you going to use an interpreter or just translate apps that leave you sometimes unsure of what is being said/meant?

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2018, 04:40:55 PM »
What your not really comprehending is your talk of marriage to someone who you have never met, spent time together...….let alone speak and fully comprehend what each other is talking about. It is fantasy talk, someone dreaming.

You can talk about marriage after you meet, find you have chemistry together, similar interests, values and future goals.

Are you going to use an interpreter or just translate apps that leave you sometimes unsure of what is being said/meant?

But your point is taken. Yes, under normal circumstances, this is very immature and unrealistic. And the fact that she speaks Russian is really not a big deal to me. The first Russian girl I dated, (as mentioned in an earlier post) who happened to have just come from Moscow on a modeling contract did not speak a lick of english. I had to teach her.

And I know this comment will have a benign effect on your opinion. But much of what we have spoken about is values and future goals.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:43:33 PM by Gb1015 »

Offline jone

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »
Am just curious:  If you passed the Bar in Florida, why is your ability to construct proper English sentences so poor and why are there so many misspelled words?   I have two children, one your age and one about three years younger.  Both are college grads and both have jobs that require them to know Strunk and White. 

Both of them could run circles around your ability to correctly use the English language. 

Something here does not ring true.  An attorney?  Doubtful.  Although I did have an attorney who was in my employ who did not possess good English skills.  He lasted a week before I fired him.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2018, 04:49:04 PM »
Am just curious:  If you passed the Bar in Florida, why is your ability to construct proper English sentences so poor and why are there so many misspelled words?   I have two children, one your age and one about three years younger.  Both are college grads and both have jobs that require them to know Strunk and White. 

Both of them could run circles around your ability to correctly use the English language. 

Something here does not ring true.  An attorney?  Doubtful.  Although I did have an attorney who was in my employ who did not possess good English skills.  He lasted a week before I fired him.

Because I am typing on a forum and not filing an appellate brief. Would you like to pay me the 500 dollars an hour so that I can make sure my assistant makes sure my grammar is nice and tight for you?

More than happy to do that for you.

And as for your kids. Wonderful, you bred some english teachers. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to hear what the next batch does.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:02:29 PM by Gb1015 »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2018, 04:55:14 PM »
A number of years ago, I was tasked with reviewing the memos of junior lawyers, before the memos went out to clients.  They were about 50/50 on grammar/sentence structure, even clarity.  I remember one that I had to rework completely.  The research was there, but the ability to express thoughts was absolutely lacking, and the grammar was appalling.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:58:15 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2018, 05:08:05 PM »
Like I said, you don't know the difference between an idiot and a fool.

You may read but you won't learn, because you are blinkered to what you want to hear. This is not about me. If you don't think I have credibility then ignore my posts. But why would I care to bullshit on this forum (or its predecessor RWG)? I've got plenty of experience from my times in the FSU over the last 15 years - have you been even once? I have lived there. I'll be back there in a fortnight too.

Ever dealt with registration issues, crooked cops, street scammers, jealous ex-boyfriends, pickpockets, riding in crowded marshrutkas, negotiating taxi fares in Russian (and getting ripped off), being hounded by taxi drivers at airports, having chai or pelmeni with the parents, navigating icy sidewalks, dealing with drunks and gopniks? Guess what - I have.

And that's not even getting to the mine field of dating. Ever dated a girl who doesn't speak English, and have her friend tag along as interpreter? Do you know how frustrating that can be? It can be utterly excruciating. And how much Russian do you speak? Know how to spot a gold digger looking for a sponsor or padarki? They will lead you by the pecker and bleed you of dengi. And models don't necessarily make the best dates or best wives, they can have massive psychological insecurities and be awfully spoilt (particularly in Moscow). There's a reason Russian rockets are called Katyushas. Small tip - don't date an alcoholic. Yes, there are female ones too.

Ever been in a communal banya? Or to a dacha, or know what an ogorod is? Been to a village in the middle of nowhere? (Krimster will show you a few, haha) Travelled plaatskart before? Know the difference between olivier and vinegrette salads? (or mors and compot, haha) Did you send flowers to your girl AND her mother on the eighth of March? Know the difference between Ded Moroz and Baba Yaga? Been invited to hunt wolves? Know the difference between Yuri Nikulin and Yuri Gagarin? (she may not but her mother will) Know who Max Otto von Stirlitz is? (the guy who inspired Putin to join the KGB) How much have you learned about Russian culture? If you're lucky you might get introduced to popugai kesha or bremenskiye muzikanti... but that's unlikely for a few years (if at all). Nailed the alphabet yet? She won't be into Shah or Korrozia Metalla, but at a stretch may like some Aria.

TBH, I don't think any of those things matter in a relationship.  You marry a person, not a culture.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1955
Total: 1964

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM