It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why a Russian woman?  (Read 23676 times)

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2005, 08:58:57 AM »
Come on Fiorella, "You guys do big mistake. As writes one of marriage agencies who sell latin women," you know better than to believe everything you read.   Besides, guys going to Russia are looking for white women.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2005, 08:59:05 AM »
Elen,

Some of us (men) are NOT attracted to latin ladies additionally there is the traditional latin temperment which many men do not care for, hence we look to the FSU.

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005, 09:07:02 AM »
Quote from: TigerPaws
Elen,

Some of us (men) are NOT attracted to latin ladies additionally there is the traditional latin temperment which many men do not care for, hence we look to the FSU.
Hey, TigerPaws! I am not Elen! :dude:

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 09:21:47 AM »
Quote from: Fioella

Sorry you sound alike

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2005, 10:06:19 AM »
Quote from: TigerPaws
Sorry you sound alike

[/quote]I am very soft, warm and friendly person. To people who are friendly to me.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2005, 10:14:05 AM »
Me too.:D

Offline Bruno

Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2005, 10:29:47 AM »
Latin woman are very interesting... specialy when young... but when they are 30 year old and more, they have more body hair that me... and i don't like woman with beard :D:D:D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2020, 09:09:09 AM »
NOTE: Originally there was a poll that went with this thread but it died probably
with one of the many tech updates that the forum software must go through.
I thought that I should resurrect the thread and let others list their reasons
for seeking a Russian or FSUW.

Yeah ! I already got what's important for males in Russia - the ability to find more younger and more beautiful "white" women than you can count on at home:?
So what is the problem with that Elen, supply and demand, Russia has the supply and America the demand, I do not see a problem.

That's one of my primary reasons for looking for a Russian/FSU woman.

For my age when I became single many years ago, there were a number
of attractive American women who wanted to date me. HOWEVER, the
percentage of non spoiled and not cRaZy AW declined with each year.

When you start dating AW who are over 40 you start to realize how many of
them took hormone birth control for decades and many of them also took
mind altering chemicals for anxiety, depression and a multitude of other
ailments both real and imagined.

So when you start to look at the unmarried Western women you filter out the
fat, ugly and baggage then start sifting through those who remain to get rid
of the women who are not mentally or emotionally challenged and those
remaining who actually want a marriage and family become fewer
and fewer each year.

If you are over 40 and seeking a 35 year and over Russian women (or other
FSU country) then you find that they have a zillion attractive, thin, educated,
noncrazy women who really, really want a marriage and family.

For Men in their 40's and up there are very few places in the world where there
is such a disparity of women who want to get married and men who are willing
to marry them.

That doesn't mean that you can't go there and have your kidney's harvested if
you don't keep your wits about you. It also doesn't mean that there aren't Russian/
FSU women who aren't crazy, evil psychopaths because you can definitely find them
or they can find you.

Go to the FSU and a smorgasbord of opportunity awaits.

Above all look for a good girl.

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:10:40 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Why a Russian woman?
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2020, 10:09:29 AM »
I had travelled extensively to Ukraine and Russia, as well as many other places on business trips for 20 years or more.

After my divorce from AW, I knew that I would go to FSU to find a new mate.

I knew I could go to economically disadvantaged places and achieve what I couldn't in USA.

That is . . . a good looking slender woman who was significantly younger than myself who would have many years of sexual desire left.

And this woman would also be highly intelligent and educated, enjoy cultural things, and be comfortable with both city and country living.

Yes, of course, there are such women in USA . . . but they would not accept me, and they wouldn't have to because there is no economic advantage for me in USA.

I ruled out other economically disadvantaged places because . . . Philippines (not tall enough) . . . South America (too volatile and become hefty over time) . . . China and other Asian countries (too much cultural and mind set differences).

I decided to focus on Ukraine rather than Russia because . . . I am both lazy and efficient.  Ukraine provides visa free entry for citizens of USA . . . and I correctly (as it turned out) predicted that peace between USA and Russia would not last.

As it turned out, just by luck . . . I ended up with a gal who actually was not economically disadvantaged.    And, she chose me, rather than the other way around.

She simply said 11 years or so ago:  I am coming to USA to live in your house while I pursue a Masters in Business degree.

While taking a year of Intensive English, she sat in on some Math courses, and was offered full scholarship for Masters in Math.

She completed that degree, taught full time for 4 years at the same university (mostly Multivariable Calculus, and Differential Equations).

And then, at my urging, began pursuing PhD in Math.  All coursework done now, and doing research to find dissertation topic.

Times have not always been smooth for us . . . but we have survived mostly because she is generally calm and collected, and recovers from anger against me within a few hours . . . with a couple of exceptions that lasted 3-4 days (complete silence is their weapon), where I was ready to call it quits and told her so.  I might actually do it the next time a multiday event occurs.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 11:31:35 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2020, 11:22:41 AM »
Anyone excluding RW because of their govt would be akin to me saying, " I won't holiday in America while Trump is President"...

Offline ML

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2020, 11:30:54 AM »
Anyone excluding RW because of their govt would be akin to me saying, " I won't holiday in America while Trump is President"...

Big difference in 'peace between countries' and just 'not personally liking a country's leader.'
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2020, 11:57:35 AM »
I had travelled extensively to Ukraine and Russia, as well as many other places on business trips for 20 years or more.

After my divorce from AW, I knew that I would go to FSU to find a new mate.

I knew I could go to economically disadvantaged places and achieve what I couldn't in USA.

That is . . . a good looking slender woman who was significantly younger than myself who would have many years of sexual desire left.

And this woman would also be highly intelligent and educated, enjoy cultural things, and be comfortable with both city and country living.

Yes, of course, there are such women in USA . . . but they would not accept me, and they wouldn't have to because there is no economic advantage for me in USA.

I ruled out other economically disadvantaged places because . . . Philippines (not tall enough) . . . South America (too volatile and become hefty over time) . . . China and other Asian countries (too much cultural and mind set differences).

I decided to focus on Ukraine rather than Russia because . . . I am both lazy and efficient.  Ukraine provides visa free entry for citizens of USA . . . and I correctly (as it turned out) predicted that peace between USA and Russia would not last.

As it turned out, just by luck . . . I ended up with a gal who actually was not economically disadvantaged.    And, she chose me, rather than the other way around.

She simply said 11 years or so ago:  I am coming to USA to live in your house while I pursue a Masters in Business degree.

While taking a year of Intensive English, she sat in on some Math courses, and was offered full scholarship for Masters in Math.

She completed that degree, taught full time for 4 years at the same university (mostly Multivariable Calculus, and Differential Equations).

And then, at my urging, began pursuing PhD in Math.  All coursework done now, and doing research to find dissertation topic.

Times have not always been smooth for us . . . but we have survived mostly because she is generally calm and collected, and recovers from anger against me within a few hours . . . with a couple of exceptions that lasted 3-4 days (complete silence is their weapon), where I was ready to call it quits and told her so.  I might actually do it the next time a multiday event occurs.

I always admired how you don't sugar coat stuff.

My personal opinion between FSU women is that it is just easier to hook up, i have a lot of options which wouldn't be so in the West. I could find someone in the west, but i am not hunting for a wife. I am hunting for experiences, if a nice girl appears, and is of value, i would hold on. FSU in my experience is a place most men could be duped into buying into.

You have an economic advantage, but a language barrier, culture barrier, you compensate with your wallet. Not really rocket science. I was telling my brother yesterday, i prefer actually going with 7-8's in FSU, rather than 9's (I been with 9's). 7 and 8's are easy to maintain, take them out few times a week, a dress here and there, pay for their medical bills if arises, taxi's to come to meet you, and you would beat majority of men in the FSU, without breaking bank. You will have a beautiful woman, and can focus on your work, and earn more.

A lot of men go for 9's, yet forget looks fade with age (quickly). I am starting to understand what FSU men mean when they judge a woman based on the way she looks and say , look for a simple woman.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 11:59:49 AM by japtats »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »
Very well said Japs.

I much prefer the dating game in the FSU to the west. For me the dating game in the west has too much bs attached to it. In the FSU I get the impression that girls are more open to dates from many guys, why? Because their all trying to find that one gem of a guy who can provide well for them in a pile that can't, that and its the way they are brought up out there. I'm not saying that won't say no to a guy but it's in their favour to be more free and easy than western women. Women out there don't see a date as a big deal here they think it's should be done hurdle or something.

Women out in the FSU follow the traditional dating/marriage scene that we had in the 50s etc and before and probably tailed off around the 80s mostly. So the man goes out to work and provide and the woman stays at home. This isn't always as idillic as it may sound to those of us tired of the feminist times we live in today. It can leave a guy as a wage slave and spending too little time with the family. I spoken to a Russian guy who said he would spend all his time at work if he could. Western society on the other hand is too messed up for many relationships to work well. Traditionally here the man just works 5 days a week not all 7, I'm not sure that's the case in the FSU with the women maybe expecting nearer the 7 particularly for guys who aren't that wealthy lol.

So yeah just more easier dating. Admittedly I'm still not that great at turfing up the girls for a date in the FSU but I still do way better than in the UK.

I think Russia is probably actually easier for a newbie to score a girl suitable for marriage in a shorter period of time than in Ukraine so long as they avoid Moscow and St Petersburg and few newbies do that. Ukraine has a lot of fun attractive women but it takes most guys a fair while to become familiar with all the shenanigans going on.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2020, 04:22:39 PM »
As a side note and picking up from what Japs was saying about 7-8s & 9-10s I have wondered more of late if girls that are in the 9-10 category (or even 8 as well) might struggle more in the dating world in the FSU than they do in the west. Basically that as there aren't many guys around with the money to satisfy them they end up single. That their amazing prettyness actually screws up their chances of getting with a guy since they expect too much (princess syndrome) and so the bad attitude the develop as such screws up every relationship they get into, that they actually want to get married to a guy but they just keep messing it up with the attitude they've developed. Any thoughts?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2020, 07:03:53 PM »
I have wondered more of late if girls that are in the 9-10 category (or even 8 as well) might struggle more in the dating world in the FSU than they do in the west. Basically that as there aren't many guys around with the money to satisfy them they end up single.

Wife and her first husband became friends with a fairly wealthy British guy.
He had met and married a Ukrainian woman who came in 2nd in Miss Ukraine contest one year.
They split after 5-6 years, but then she married a member (distant perhaps) of Kuwait royalty.

Wife said one time she and the woman were walking down street in a Greek town on one of the islands.
The men clapped when they walked by . . . and she knew it wasn't for herself.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 06:40:04 AM by ML »

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2020, 12:00:15 AM »
To be honest there are 9 to 10's without the princess syndrome, you got some 6's that have it. I remember one woman, i didn't find her attractive, i just wanted to hook up, she was flipping out on me, telling me i need to buy her flowers, trying to boss me about (i turn up usually with flowers or some perfume, if i like the person). I forgot exactly what she said , but something along the lines of 'i am a beautiful , and intelligent woman', so i did the most mature thing, sent her a bunch of pictures of images of me with 9's and 10's, then told her, who are you? repeatedly, she couldn't respond, she started just using cheap remarks etc, but she couldn't respond with the 'i am beautiful and intelligent'

There were some 9's i been with that were great women, before i even met them, they would top up my phone, make sure my trip in ukraine was stress free, take care of small issues, so i could focus on my work. I am not sure if i was fair in judging 9 to 10 category, but it is very general. It is pitful when you see a woman go over 30, you can tell she was a clear 9 to 10's when she was in her early 20's, now she is eager for a relationship, and looking for anything, her looks she realises are fading, she hasn't got much time left.

People who focus on their income (men or women), are always going to win longterm, people who rely on their looks (mostly women), are going to lose longterm. When i approach anything serious, such as marriage, i always look in the longterm.

Is this person mentally stable?
Has she got the drive to keep herself pretty when she is 50?
Does she actually appreciate me?
Does she want to start a family with me? (Big way to tell if a woman loves you, or loves that you can get her out of the FSU)
Are we sexually compatible? (I never had an issue, i just remember one woman in my past who was a clean freak, and wouldn't do anything to extreme)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:06:12 AM by japtats »

Offline msmob

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2020, 02:49:51 AM »
Big difference in 'peace between countries' and just 'not personally liking a country's leader.'

Most of my life Moscow has been at odds with the UK and US policy... It should not be a influence re a partner, to me...

This is a very subjective criteria.

My wife's Dad would have been classified 'Muslim', by some..

Such,  stigmas, to me, simply reduce one's choices.

Time was when US citizens could easily get 3 or 5 yr RU visas when the UK it was 6 mths or a year..

As a result, most lazy guys opt for Ukraine...There's nought wrong with Ukraine...One is just leaving more chances to find a lady from Russia for other chaps..

They don't all vote for VVP or bother TO vote...If that was your 'objection!, ML

Offline msmob

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2020, 02:57:32 AM »
OK, so now we have two guys ...who have never been married to an FSU W speaking as if they are 'experts'?....

Trench,
Intelligent FSU lasses are more akin to their western counterparts...They work at a career, have kids later, as they marry, later..

Your notion of the man providing and the woman stating at home is largely gone, due to the need for both partners to work to survive.

Given your 'success' with FSU ladies, I fail to see how you arrive at your 'conclusions'..

Offline BC

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2020, 03:53:55 AM »
Moby,

Many roads lead to Rome. You describe the one you took but that does not mean other roads do not work just as well.

You often describe yours as superior, but alas it is the only one you know.

Let's keep it at that and move on to more constructive thoughts.

Offline msmob

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2020, 04:04:01 AM »
I am 'sorry, BC...

It is not the only road I know or took.

Hence, I suggest VM sucks... having worn the t-shirt...If you are confident and have the time...VO, everytime.

Offline msmob

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2020, 04:20:39 AM »
Well i had more experience with FSUW than you

I seriously doubt that, given I can actually communicate with them, and interact with them on a level whereby sexual conquest is not on the agenda.

also active experience with the current climate, things are very different

'Yes, yes'..I do not have a FSU step son and do not communicate with 30 something FSU folk on a daily basis.

I readily admit, I haven't set foot in Ukraine for over two years, but I hardly think any changes with the scene in Russia or other FSU nations are drastically different.

I was party to a online session where the theme was dating a westerner, just three weeks ago..( Sochi English Club)

I was invited with a few other westerners with RU partners and RU folk with western partners..

I been with more intelligent women than yourself (fact)

I dated a professor of language methodology, a woman the ran the news channel for a UA TV company..

These were/ are intelligent ladies..

I believe their age makes them smarter than your age group..

My 'mileage is greater and over a much longer period
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:38:55 AM by AnonMod »

Offline BC

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2020, 04:27:01 AM »
Thanks for your opinion and for sharing your experience Moby.

Despite being 'taken', I'm happy to hear about the experiences of others, on different paths than the one I took.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2020, 05:06:52 AM »
I am 'sorry, BC...

It is not the only road I know or took.

Hence, I suggest VM sucks... having worn the t-shirt...If you are confident and have the time...VO, everytime.

Is that to say you think you would not be with your wife if you had just met her for a lunch date first time (on a VM) as opposed to a lot of communication beforehand and a date style first visit (as in VO)?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2020, 05:20:38 AM »
I think one important point here is that many FSW will get with a guy, sleep with him, marry him, have kids with him even though they are not into him. They will make out they are just to be with a guy who can support them. Such is the system out there, a girl without a guy is likely facing hardship in old age and possibly hardship in life, poverty levels of unemployment benefit, poverty levels of state pension, no children meaning no chance of extra support in old age unless from siblings or relatives, etc.

So like Japs says money is the main thing out there. I've seen the mentality where its, 'more money, more money, more money' with them all the time and I don't just mean in relationships.

There will of course be some exceptions, some girls will manage to get a job high up in finance etc where they won't need to rely on a guy but for most I think many except and are brought up into excepting a partner as a practical rather than necessarily a romantic connotation.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2020, 12:03:46 PM »
Hence, I suggest VM sucks

But, it's totally off topic. This is a why FSUW thread.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1857
Total: 1868

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM