It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello guys!  (Read 55013 times)

Offline GM_Rod

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Hello guys!
« Reply #350 on: January 29, 2018, 12:52:07 PM »
I needed a reason!

Upon further reading, I found something about how Romania is granting citizenship to Moldovans. This means we won't even have to find her grandma's Romanian birth certificate, if it's true.

And, the Moldovan passport apparently gets done really fast too. Will update.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #351 on: January 29, 2018, 12:52:45 PM »
Hahaha Rod. Can't believe it took us nearly 15 pages of writing to convince you to finally take the plunge and fly to Russia. Unbelievable.

The unbelievable part is that someone from west would want to get involved with a Russian woman at this point in time.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2018, 12:54:23 PM »

The riposte I made to you above, in response to this, was a non serious post, just the type of response it really deserves.

Now I will give you a serious answer.  I would describe it thus - When two clay creatures come together, the inevitable result is dust.

You are young, and I can see at a different place than am I in life, just because I've lived longer and seen more.  I suggest if you haven't, that you read Max Stirner.

Not quite sure if I grasped the idea correctly.  :-\ Seem quite beyond my level of comprehension for philosophy.

I guess you are saying regardless of what happens, the end result is the same for all of us, that we all turn back into dust?

Haha, Max Stirner like Nietzche seems depressing enough. The idealist in me would object to their views on altruism and sacrifice for the greater good, as do most societies in general with their cultures, religious beliefs, and "golden rules" in society passed down from generation to generation.

Hmm, I am starting to think it may have some connection to the quote on your posts.  :D

"Without religion there is no morality, and without morality there is no law." - Lord Denning
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2018, 12:59:43 PM »
I guess you are saying regardless of what happens, the end result is the same for all of us, that we all turn back into dust?

No, I am saying that while physical attractiveness is a factor in all relationships, real relationships are built on something more.  A relationship built purely on the physical is one that will end in dust.

I suggest Max Stirner because he wrote a lot at around your age, so he will be accessible to you.  You understand things differently at different stages in your life.  Robertson Davies used to say you must reread the classics of literature at different periods of your life.  You will understand Dostoevsky differently at 20 than you do at 40 or 60.

My quote has nothing to do with what I posted.  I change it at times, and it is usually in response to something posted.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2018, 02:03:01 PM »
The unbelievable part is that someone from west would want to get involved with a Russian woman at this point in time.

Um... what?

Offline Jumper

« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »
Jumper you played in a blues band? Ah the groupie thing...half the reason why guys become "musicians"..haha. It's real though.

Not blues ,   it was late 80s thru some 90s. Rock, heavy metal., a  really silly time in music, but fun.
but obviously all of that is heavily influenced by the blues  ,and blues pentatonic.
 Rock/metal was the band's forte as thats what was popular at the time in clubs and other venues here.
Personally I had a wide range of music I liked and enjoyed playing personally  including instrumental stuff, but still even then tended towards the rock side with artists like satriani being a favorite.
 My father was a great musician and influenced me to pick up stringed instruments when I was very young, it just carried on from there.
To be fair the band thing was truly a side gig for me, I had taught lessons at a local guitar shop for fun and to expand my own abilities and tastes. I had another demanding career, so guitar was just  a hobby. A popular local band lost their lead guitarist and hired me to fill in, it went from there. And at that age,and single, sure a lot of the fun involved, was the girls.
As mentioned I got bored regarding that aspect very very fast, but overall I had a great time,and had the unique experience of playing for fairly large audiences .

As an old guy now, i'll say that kind of attraction is mostly in youth,often peer pressure related,   and based on things that arent lasting.

As far as FSUw,  I'm a fan obviuosly lol
My wife is truly an amazing person.

That said, I've never held a woman's nationality against her.
Have met nice woman in any country I spent any time in, and who were foolish enough to give me their time. ;)

I don't buy into the stereotypes of American women, English women,Brazilian women, (I lived there briefly)  or FSU women , although I do feel there are certainly cultural differences and generalities that exist.

In the end you'll be involved with an individual, not a nationality ,culture,  stereotype ,or a generality. Those may have played a role in who that person became,  but still a guy will be involved with an individual.
Those differences vary far more ,and are far more important in a relationship ,than the bantered stereotypes ever are.

But that's just one knuckleheads opinion .

Offline Jumper

« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2018, 02:15:23 PM »
Um... what?

Basically , ML seems  convinced that if a given RW,  isn't actively protesting at Putin's office door over the invasion of Ukraine, that they are guilty of all offenses of their nation to another nation. Im.not sure what other offenses they'd need to be equally guilty of, as im sure this isnt the only one, or the only country guilty.

Politics do play a role, but not as directly to some people,  as others.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:17:47 PM by Jumper »

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2018, 02:18:15 PM »
Jumper I mentioned blues because Chicago is a well known blues hotspot for guitar next to Austin of course.

Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson are 2 of my favs.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2018, 02:55:45 PM »
Jumper I mentioned blues because Chicago is a well known blues hotspot for guitar next to Austin of course.

Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson are 2 of my favs.

I know, i figured you knew chicago background. Lol just wanted to be clear we played far more comical head banging stuff lol.
 I do like the blues and obviously some great clubs for it here that the legends still frequent.

Johnsons cliffs of dover was inspiring when it  came out for sure.
I've seen those guys (with others like vai,  live here several times (G3 ,etc etc)
Normally satch is the most impressive to me technically, emotionally, and as just pure entertainer.Thats pretty subjective though.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #359 on: January 29, 2018, 03:41:41 PM »

Well you can't blame the Russian women. Putin's just too strong for them now. :P

And...he's running for president again whilst jailing his opponents. Thug life. :rolleyes:
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline ML

« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2018, 04:19:08 PM »
Basically , ML seems  convinced that if a given RW,  isn't actively protesting at Putin's office door over the invasion of Ukraine, that they are guilty of all offenses of their nation to another nation.

Well you are not correct in describing me.

No, it's not that they don't oppose or protest against him.
They actively support him and the Russian terrorist invaders in Ukraine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #361 on: January 29, 2018, 05:58:35 PM »
I was saying this earlier today: If any guy tells me they didn't learn music at least PARTIALLY because of girls, he's lying.
I'll tell you, and I'm no liar ;D. At least, I tried to at 11, not very successfully at the start :(, a little better later on (http://www.floriani.it/music-eng.htm).

When I was 12 my first girl played the piano, and I made a fool of myself trying to turn the pages of her score at the wrong time :D. Then I could not understand why they did not write explicit time durations rather than those to me incomprehensible fractions ::). Relativity was still an unknown concept to me.

Later, I did notice when playing my guitar at parties that girls would flock around me asking for favourite tunes, though.
:devilish:

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #362 on: January 29, 2018, 05:59:49 PM »
I know, i figured you knew chicago background. Lol just wanted to be clear we played far more comical head banging stuff lol.
 I do like the blues and obviously some great clubs for it here that the legends still frequent.

Johnsons cliffs of dover was inspiring when it  came out for sure.
I've seen those guys (with others like vai,  live here several times (G3 ,etc etc)
Normally satch is the most impressive to me technically, emotionally, and as just pure entertainer.Thats pretty subjective though.

head banging metal...never caught onto it...yeah G3 was great. I never saw them live up in Canada though. but I did see EJ a few times..a few years back he did a duo with Mike Stern, another great player.

I got it the other way around lol,  EJ beats Joe on those musical elements for me, but yeah it's all personal taste.

Sadly in Russia they don't really have a thriving live music scene.  most of the street buskers I saw were no better than your average high school band player... once I saw a decent cello duo at Gorky Park. that was surprising.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #363 on: January 29, 2018, 06:56:06 PM »
Well you are not correct in describing me.

No, it's not that they don't oppose or protest against him.
They actively support him and the Russian terrorist invaders in Ukraine.

Let's  agree to disagree.

My wifes in Ukraine now, it's a sensitive subject for all of us with family or friends there.

My definition of actively support is likely not the same as yours.
Plus I view polls showing overwhelming support of Putin,  to be rather a convenient way to retain support or bolster it thru normal propaganda.  I believe a controlled media is just that , and don't buy much of anything produced by it.
Our views just differ. I respect your opinion in it and understand why you hold it.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #364 on: January 29, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »
head banging metal...never caught onto it...yeah G3 was great. I never saw them live up in Canada though. but I did see EJ a few times..a few years back he did a duo with Mike Stern, another great player.

I got it the other way around lol,  EJ beats Joe on those musical elements for me, but yeah it's all personal taste.

Sadly in Russia they don't really have a thriving live music scene.  most of the street buskers I saw were no better than your average high school band player... once I saw a decent cello duo at Gorky Park. that was surprising.

Yeah I was refering to live aspects of those acts, and any act can have good and bad night's.
 Havnt been in a long time other than to see my old band here in chi town.They are still together and still play gigs somewhat regularly.
Kind of funny since we are all late 40s early 50s now lol.   :wallbash:

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #365 on: January 29, 2018, 09:30:54 PM »
YO.

What the EFF did this thread turn into?

There will be no politics, religion or sports talk in this joint.

Take that crap elsewhere.

Music, women, sure.

Also I could use some tips on where to take this girl and what to do in Moscow, because the last time around, I already did the touristy things.

Offline msmob

« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2018, 12:37:23 AM »
I was saying this earlier today: If any guy tells me they didn't learn music at least PARTIALLY because of girls, he's lying.

Then I'm a liar ..I did singing lessons because I loved singing...I MUCH later learnt that my voice - not THAT good - had a bonus factor with the opposite sex..

Offline msmob

« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2018, 12:43:33 AM »

The unbelievable part is someone  - who should know better - not having been to Russia since 2014 - preaching such twaddle...

When  you can get around dealing with my analogy re the Irish and British  - the Kopek will drop

I'm called a 'russophobe' in another place for disliking the path Putin has taken Russia and I'd say the same to a sycophantic supporter of Kremlin anyway games... 

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2018, 01:14:39 AM »

Also I could use some tips on where to take this girl and what to do in Moscow, because the last time around, I already did the touristy things.

Not much to do outside when you are going. Indoor stuff all you can do. The parks are really nice. I like Tsaritsino, nice for a picnic. Moreon is cool, a spa type place with pools and various saunas. But I am sure you are on a budget.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Davo2

« Reply #369 on: January 30, 2018, 02:09:11 AM »

I played the trombone in my high school band and despite being able to motorboat like there's no tomorrow, I get the feeling it was a real turn off for the girls ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #370 on: January 30, 2018, 02:59:34 AM »
I played the trombone in my high school band and despite being able to motorboat like there's no tomorrow, I get the feeling it was a real turn off for the girls ;)

I'm no music guy but even I know it's the saxe or nothing ;D Having watched the American Pie films it's evident that all other instruments and indeed being in the High School band will get you labelled a band geek! An instant street cred killer with the girls and to be avoided at all costs :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #371 on: January 30, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »
Good to get a gauge on the musical abilities of all members here LOL. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #372 on: January 30, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »
But I am sure you are on a budget.

Was that necessary ?

Offline LAman

« Reply #373 on: January 30, 2018, 01:39:05 PM »
Was that necessary ?

Well, OP has not had job in at least six months, still unemployed, supposed to be hearing for an interview ‘very soon’, been using up his savings, moved to a less expensive area? Should I stop?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #374 on: January 30, 2018, 01:46:44 PM »
Well, OP has not had job in at least six months, still unemployed, supposed to be hearing for an interview ‘very soon’, been using up his savings, moved to a less expensive area? Should I stop?

YES ... ?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541019
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2194
Total: 2203

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM