It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The new guy  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Jmoore10

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
The new guy
« on: December 16, 2018, 06:40:28 PM »
Hello, just introducing myself. This is actually the first forum I've been a part of.

I'm 27 and from the Midwest and stumbled upon this forum while reading a thread on quora.

I have been dating an amazing and lovely Ukrainian woman, and just interested in some guidance since like a lot of people I've never dated out of my own state. Hoping to learn as much as I can to hopefully have a successful relationship leading ultimately to marriage with my Ukrainian lady.

My hope here is to learn how to have a successful long distance courtship with a Ukrainian and how to have a successful first meet, which will be coming up early spring, once her semester at University is done. We have been sending messages and having Skype calls and decided that is when we should meet.  Can't wait.

I've been reading tons of forums and blogs, watching videos to do my best to understand her culture. But I think it would benefit us most for me to learn from people with actual experience.

Thanks!

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: The new guy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 07:01:08 PM »
 A cautious  :welcome:

Define dating?  as in "dating an amazing and lovely"
How/where did you"meet'?

The more info you give the forum -about yourself and your "lady"  the better chance to get more useful "advice" ! :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 03:38:01 AM »
 :welcome: Jmoore10, I am in the same boat, we just hit our 2 month mark. Do you plan to go to her?

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 04:49:15 AM »
Jmoore10

Welcome

Please excuse our overly direct Ozzie - JayH - he is not representative of his people.... ;)

What he is trying to say is that if you have only chatted online - "you aren't really dating yet"

I happen to think that is twaddle in this day and age when you have videochat

If you can call her and she can call you without weird requests not to disturb during certain hours then chances are that you've formed a relationship.

Don't go mad sending her loads of money and be prepared to kiss it goodbye if it doesn't work out and enjoy

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
The new guy
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 10:47:34 AM »
Hello, just introducing myself. This is actually the first forum I've been a part of.

I'm 27 and from the Midwest and stumbled upon this forum while reading a thread on quora.

I have been dating an amazing and lovely Ukrainian woman, and just interested in some guidance since like a lot of people I've never dated out of my own state. Hoping to learn as much as I can to hopefully have a successful relationship leading ultimately to marriage with my Ukrainian lady.

My hope here is to learn how to have a successful long distance courtship with a Ukrainian and how to have a successful first meet, which will be coming up early spring, once her semester at University is done. We have been sending messages and having Skype calls and decided that is when we should meet.  Can't wait.

I've been reading tons of forums and blogs, watching videos to do my best to understand her culture. But I think it would benefit us most for me to learn from people with actual experience.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Jmoore10

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
:welcome: Jmoore10, I am in the same boat, we just hit our 2 month mark. Do you plan to go to her?

Hey DCcowboy,
It's good to hear someone is similar to me. Yes , I am flying over near the end of April or early may. Haven't picked the exact days yet.

Offline Jmoore10

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »
Jmoore10

Welcome

Please excuse our overly direct Ozzie - JayH - he is not representative of his people.... ;)

What he is trying to say is that if you have only chatted online - "you aren't really dating yet"

I happen to think that is twaddle in this day and age when you have videochat

If you can call her and she can call you without weird requests not to disturb during certain hours then chances are that you've formed a relationship.

Don't go mad sending her loads of money and be prepared to kiss it goodbye if it doesn't work out and enjoy

Thanks for the clarity haha.
Yes we text daily,  and video chat multiple times a week without any weird requests or unusual specifics, so I do consider it a relationship. Like any relationship it could end up not working out, but we both are very consistent and excited to hear and Skype each other even on a whim. Also she has opened up greatly about her life from day to day, we will share photos and videos. I see it as a relationship.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 06:03:09 PM »

Hey DCcowboy,
It's good to hear someone is similar to me. Yes , I am flying over near the end of April or early may. Haven't picked the exact days yet.

That is awesome! My girlfriend is coming to me February to March. But if she doesn't get a visa then I am going to her same time frame.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 07:08:37 PM »

Thanks for the clarity haha.
Yes we text daily,  and video chat multiple times a week without any weird requests or unusual specifics, so I do consider it a relationship. Like any relationship it could end up not working out, but we both are very consistent and excited to hear and Skype each other even on a whim. Also she has opened up greatly about her life from day to day, we will share photos and videos. I see it as a relationship.

:welcome: JM

Where did you meet this girl?

Possibly some may call it a relationship I would say it is a 'informal relationship' at the moment compared to an actual personal relationship. I think the term dating really only applies when people meet in person in the physical world, that is what I call a date otherwise I think it runs the risk of a person deluding themselves that there is more there than what there may be. On meeting is when you really find out if there is anything therem there may be or it may dissipate within the first few minuates. That has been my experience at this so far anyway. A girl doesn't necessairly get a good enough idea of you even through video chat even though you may think she has. Personally I always find a real in person physical meeting trumps all the messaging & video chat. Some people do seem to build up a strong rapport online prior and it can follow though to a successful meet, for me though it just seems a fast way to eat up time only to visrtually start from ground zero on first in person meet up. I think though for you visiting her may be important as it was for me in at the very least gaining experience of FSU dating.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jmoore10

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 08:15:54 PM »
:welcome: JM

Where did you meet this girl?

Possibly some may call it a relationship I would say it is a 'informal relationship' at the moment compared to an actual personal relationship. I think the term dating really only applies when people meet in person in the physical world, that is what I call a date otherwise I think it runs the risk of a person deluding themselves that there is more there than what there may be. On meeting is when you really find out if there is anything therem there may be or it may dissipate within the first few minuates. That has been my experience at this so far anyway. A girl doesn't necessairly get a good enough idea of you even through video chat even though you may think she has. Personally I always find a real in person physical meeting trumps all the messaging & video chat. Some people do seem to build up a strong rapport online prior and it can follow though to a successful meet, for me though it just seems a fast way to eat up time only to visrtually start from ground zero on first in person meet up. I think though for you visiting her may be important as it was for me in at the very least gaining experience of FSU dating.

I agree with you,  maybe there is another word for what I'm trying to say. I wouldn't say it is the same relationship as someone dating and physically seeing each other. Maybe a better way to say it is, that it is a relationship in development that I believe to be genuine.

I am prepared for the risks as I had decided to risk it when I decided to go through uadreams agency.
I researched a ton,  that doesn't mean I'm write by any means,  but I'm confident in the decision.

But you are right,  I think meeting in person would take things to a whole new level, which is of course why that is happening early spring. Her and I decided it's best for her semester to be over so she isn't worried about the 4 exams she has while we are together.

I appreciate the outside sight.

Offline Jmoore10

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 08:17:40 PM »
That is awesome! My girlfriend is coming to me February to March. But if she doesn't get a visa then I am going to her same time frame.

So lucky man!  We decided early spring after her course exams so we can focus on each other and not the stress of exams. I hope all works out for you!

Offline JayH

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »
Oh how easy is this "dating" a FSUW !!

Reading this -I just realised  what Silly BillyB's claim about dating 100's actually is/was !!
To explain for Moby ( who never gets anything that is not 200% explained )  -- he is/was "dating" ONLINE !! So -maybe it was more real than bragging !!   LoL !!!!! :deadhorse: :cluebat:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
The new guy
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 10:15:21 PM »

I agree with you,  maybe there is another word for what I'm trying to say. I wouldn't say it is the same relationship as someone dating and physically seeing each other. Maybe a better way to say it is, that it is a relationship in development that I believe to be genuine.

I am prepared for the risks as I had decided to risk it when I decided to go through uadreams agency.
I researched a ton,  that doesn't mean I'm write by any means,  but I'm confident in the decision.

But you are right,  I think meeting in person would take things to a whole new level, which is of course why that is happening early spring. Her and I decided it's best for her semester to be over so she isn't worried about the 4 exams she has while we are together.

I appreciate the outside sight.

I really hope that everything is great, but chemistry on Skype isn't the same as chemistry in person
and it's rare that you hit it off with the girl on your first trip, but some certainly do.

I wish you success! 

You can read about how things worked out for me here.
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 10:44:07 PM »
Oh how easy is this "dating" a FSUW !!

Reading this -I just realised  what Silly BillyB's claim about dating 100's actually is/was !!
To explain for Moby ( who never gets anything that is not 200% explained )  -- he is/was "dating" ONLINE !! So -maybe it was more real than bragging !!   LoL !!!!! :deadhorse: :cluebat:

Good morning, JayH

out of bed the wrong side, as usual , I see ..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 11:01:33 PM »
I see it as a relationship.

Welcome to the forum Jmoore10. Although you two haven't met, at your young age, it's okay to view what you have with the girl as a relationship. If she feels she's in a relationship with you and you both are true to each other, it may turn out to be a wonderful love story you can tell your future kids.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Jmoore10

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 05:27:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum Jmoore10. Although you two haven't met, at your young age, it's okay to view what you have with the girl as a relationship. If she feels she's in a relationship with you and you both are true to each other, it may turn out to be a wonderful love story you can tell your future kids.

Hey thanks!
Thank you for the encouragement, I do view it as a relationship, one in development as I mentioned to another person on the forum. I very much hope it does turn out to be a wonderful love story. I do understand there is risk, but I believe it to be the same risk as dating a girl here in the states. Except I think the quality of Ukrainian or Russian women seems to be greater than that of most American women my age. So win win haha. Which would be the reason I started looking abroad in the first place.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 04:17:23 PM »

I find that interesting since I nearly got myself banned on Quora for posting links to RWD.  I would be curious to know if you found RWD from one of my answers there.

Offline Jmoore10

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 08:41:09 PM »

I find that interesting since I nearly got myself banned on Quora for posting links to RWD.  I would be curious to know if you found RWD from one of my answers there.

If youre Ray, then yes haha. That would be pretty fantastic. The question I looked up on quora was 'What is like to have a Ukrainian girlfriend/wife?'

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2018, 10:13:06 PM »
Well, well. Ray !

'Banned' and famous ;))

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2018, 11:04:17 PM »

So lucky man!  We decided early spring after her course exams so we can focus on each other and not the stress of exams. I hope all works out for you!
School was not a concern for us. She is in her thirties and I am in my forties, so we both are done with that. I hope things work out for you.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 09:20:07 AM »
If youre Ray, then yes haha. That would be pretty fantastic. The question I looked up on quora was 'What is like to have a Ukrainian girlfriend/wife?'

Yep, that was me.  This site as a really big help to me when I was in the searching mode and I think anyone who is serious about finding a woman in Russia or Ukraine can benefit from learning the mistakes others have made and learning what does work so my goal on Quora was just to try to help people. 

And then one day I got a nasty letter from the Moderators there accusing me of spamming and threatening to ban me if I continued and saying they had removed the link from one of my posts.   They don't seem to put many topics about meeting Russian women in my feed anymore but if I do post I just say there are some really great forums where Russian women are discussed and a google search can find them.  Hopefully I am helping steer some here where they can pick some expert brains and I won't be upsetting the staff at Quora. 

I hope this site helps you as much in your search as it did me.

Offline Jmoore10

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 03:13:32 PM »
School was not a concern for us. She is in her thirties and I am in my forties, so we both are done with that. I hope things work out for you.

That's convenient haha. Yeah ive been done for a couple years but she will be done this year. BA in computer programming. So excited for her. Also realizing she is so much smarter than me and my graphic design degree hahaha.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the encouragement very much. I hope the same for you and your lady.

Offline Jmoore10

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2018, 03:15:25 PM »

Yep, that was me.  This site as a really big help to me when I was in the searching mode and I think anyone who is serious about finding a woman in Russia or Ukraine can benefit from learning the mistakes others have made and learning what does work so my goal on Quora was just to try to help people. 

And then one day I got a nasty letter from the Moderators there accusing me of spamming and threatening to ban me if I continued and saying they had removed the link from one of my posts.   They don't seem to put many topics about meeting Russian women in my feed anymore but if I do post I just say there are some really great forums where Russian women are discussed and a google search can find them.  Hopefully I am helping steer some here where they can pick some expert brains and I won't be upsetting the staff at Quora. 

I hope this site helps you as much in your search as it did me.

Hahaha that's fantastic. 
Yeah your response was the only useful one on that thread haha. So I came to check this forum out. I do hope to learn from the experiences of others because I really want this to be successful.

Offline GenMish

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 07:47:29 AM »
Welcome and Congrats JMoore
While I don't think videochatting is dating, I will say you have certainly established a good repore and strong foundation for a relationship. I was in my late 20s when I went to the FSU 25 years ago, and married a  'amazing' woman just out of college. You have the ideal age matchup, both young, eager, motivated to make it work, and children to be raised

make sure your passport is up to date, book an apartment near her, take it slow when you are there, learn how to enjoy tea, plan on many small meals throughout the day, and at least two tea times a day. She will probably have a plan for each day, and a goal she wants to meet for each day, so follow along. This isnt the USA, where you have to sell yourself to win over a beautiful lady, she will be be trying to win you over

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2018, 09:54:45 AM »

Hahaha that's fantastic. 
Yeah your response was the only useful one on that thread haha. So I came to check this forum out. I do hope to learn from the experiences of others because I really want this to be successful.

You keep using the word 'successful'. IMO, dating, relationships, emotions, feelings should have no correlation to anything success or successful. No matter what YOU do, there is another person that could easily end things quickly or in time and YOU have no say in the matter.. Better to figure out...…..how NOT to screw things up. Or better said, be yourself!!!!

hey
What exactly is 'success'? A few weeks, a few months, a couple years??? Some here would say that you can have  a successful 10 year marriage. Huh?

BTW- I think better describe you and your friend's communication as 'developing a relationship'. First part is friendship.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1973
Total: 1982

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM