It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 458720 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2200 on: August 14, 2018, 09:35:24 AM »
It was a VERY windy day - so of course ... 

You mean  a floating caravan ?

Tellybubbie 'No-oh' ....  'they' want you to be healthy and not lead a boring life

Funny you say that, I did a taster weekend on a yacht it was very much like caravaning on water, lol. Could'nt get with all the ropes bother with it all an lurching to the sides :barf:
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2201 on: August 14, 2018, 10:13:21 AM »
Trench,

it's not about REALITY, it's about PERCEPTION of reality
you want to steer that a bit
if you're clever you can subtly create very effective images
it's about "controlling your brand", to use contemporary vernacular

you at a party with a group of friends, all of whom appear to be happy well adjusted professionals
you holding your mum's hand and giving her flowers and a kiss
you inside one of the estate mansions
you want "her" to "associate" iconic symbols with her image of YOU!
you don't have to own the 10 million pound mansion, for her to associate it with you!
create a context

also, I'm sure you're a draughtsman of some skill, you should be MUCH better than me
one of the things I always got attention for was my sketching
I've been doing it since age 3
my skill level stopped developing at around age 12
many people encouraged me to go and seek formal artistic training
I took just one art class in university, but it was art history and not about "technique"
for me the sketching is about a release it provides, and not about the art itself
but every woman who has ever known me, has asked me for some of my art
and since I throw the images away after I complete them
only too happy to give them away
my children love my little sketches for them

Pitbull, sorry, put another image here, still too lazy, post jet lag to seek out the image upload problem
here's an unfinished one I just found, under a box, scanned it for you before I threw it away
Trench, if you can do stuff like this, most women will find it interesting!!
would be easy for you IMHO to use something like this for illustration purposes for various things, children's books, architecture books, etc as well

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2202 on: August 14, 2018, 10:48:19 AM »
I doubt it's a case of what's written though, I've heard that girls judge it like guys on the profile photos. At the moment I'm not getting anywhere near the 50 percent ML states, it's more like 10 percent then even most of them become lack lustre. I think I was getting more emphatic response when I replied back to girls who had contacted me first - I'm guessing because the interest was more there. However few women are contacting me now as my profile has been up there a while so would need a redo I think.....

Trenchcoat-

The prevailing negative opinion of you on this board had made you unnecessarily defensive. Consequently, as a natural reaction, whatever criticism is hurled your way only made you dug even deeper in your conviction.

You succeeded complicating what is an otherwise a very 'simple' phase of this experience. Listen to AJ, and in some respect, BillyB. They've given you *ideas* to follow that should prove helpful for your cause. If you eliminate the noise, you'd know what you need to do.

Had you spent half the time posting here and instead invested that time in your search and self, you would have been in a much better situation by now. It's become apparent your time here only molded you into an even more confused individual.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2203 on: August 14, 2018, 10:57:59 AM »
Trench,

it's not about REALITY, it's about PERCEPTION of reality
you want to steer that a bit
if you're clever you can subtly create very effective images
it's about "controlling your brand", to use contemporary vernacular

you at a party with a group of friends, all of whom appear to be happy well adjusted professionals
you holding your mum's hand and giving her flowers and a kiss
you inside one of the estate mansions
you want "her" to "associate" iconic symbols with her image of YOU!
you don't have to own the 10 million pound mansion, for her to associate it with you!
create a context

also, I'm sure you're a draughtsman of some skill, you should be MUCH better than me
one of the things I always got attention for was my sketching
I've been doing it since age 3
my skill level stopped developing at around age 12
many people encouraged me to go and seek formal artistic training
I took just one art class in university, but it was art history and not about "technique"
for me the sketching is about a release it provides, and not about the art itself
but every woman who has ever known me, has asked me for some of my art
and since I throw the images away after I complete them
only too happy to give them away
my children love my little sketches for them

Pitbull, sorry, put another image here, still too lazy, post jet lag to seek out the image upload problem
here's an unfinished one I just found, under a box, scanned it for you before I threw it away
Trench, if you can do stuff like this, most women will find it interesting!!
would be easy for you IMHO to use something like this for illustration purposes for various things, children's books, architecture books, etc as well

You're real good at drawing Krimster. No I don't really draw freehand af all, I'm not good at it. Instead all of my drawing is on the computer, on CAD. Even before that when on high school I chose the technical drawing option as a GCSE and drew isometric, 1 & 2 point perspective, etc with use of a ruler and pencil. That and shading I am quite good at. Yet when I go freehand it all goes to pot, stuff all out of proportion & scale, and generally a not good look. A five year old could probably draw better, lol. I've even sourced some good instructional dvds but it improved not much at all. My mother is good at drawing but my father was more into techical drawing, so I think I take after my father there. I also find I don't really have the patience for drawing freehand, it takes me sooo long.

I know what you're saying about persception, that I don't have to be fully involved to be shown doing something as a hobby. For me though I think I could do with something more interesting that could appeal to the ladies. I'd I find for me though I would be happy taking a pic inside a mansion and it's for the girl to make whatever she wishes if it when it comes to hobbies/interests I feel I really have to own it to feel happy putting it across as whom am/what I do. For example, I wouldn't feel happy putting up a photo of my yachting taster weekend from a decade or so ago  as I decided that I don't have enough free time to pursue it (a lot of learning to be done there) and I wasn't really into it as a lot of too much fuss for my liking, hoisting sails, ropes, map reading, weather reports, technical aspects, etc. So apart from the usual everyday cinema, bowing, cycling, etc that nearly everyone does I think something like you suggested could go down a treat and something I could enjoy on a regular enough basis. I think it is also something that wouldn't put off a lot of women looking as it's not too 'I'm a horse riding or extreme sport or art gallery fanatic, so a good suggestion of yours I think :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2204 on: August 14, 2018, 11:09:47 AM »
Trenchcoat-

The prevailing negative opinion of you on this board had made you unnecessarily defensive. Consequently, as a natural reaction, whatever criticism is hurled your way only made you dug even deeper in your conviction.

You succeeded complicating what is an otherwise a very 'simple' phase of this experience. Listen to AJ, and in some respect, BillyB. They've given you *ideas* to follow that should prove helpful for your cause. If you eliminate the noise, you'd know what you need to do.

Had you spent half the time posting here and instead invested that time in your search and self, you would have been in a much better situation by now. It's become apparent your time here only molded you into an even more confused individual.

Who's AJ?

I disagree, I cannot listen and follow BillyB's advice if I don't ask questions first. He has though given countless inspired responses both to me and other posters an do that I do truely thank him for. I have noted down many pieces of his good advice on my online notepad so as to remind myself of the direction I need to take.

Yes I could have spent a lot more time on the search rather than in here but why keep making thd same mistakes. If I'm hitting a brick wall or drumming up the wrong birds I need to know why. Once I engaged in this search I saw that I needed to understand the  culture and more importantly FSW attitudes and behaviour to avoid  relationships keep going south for the same or similar reason. I think I have only benefitted from all my time on here in terms of understanding the place and FSU dating better than when I started.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2205 on: August 14, 2018, 11:27:48 AM »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2206 on: August 14, 2018, 11:38:09 AM »
Who's AJ?

I disagree, I cannot listen and follow BillyB's advice if I don't ask questions first. He has though given countless inspired responses both to me and other posters an do that I do truely thank him for. I have noted down many pieces of his good advice on my online notepad so as to remind myself of the direction I need to take.

Yes I could have spent a lot more time on the search rather than in here but why keep making thd same mistakes. If I'm hitting a brick wall or drumming up the wrong birds I need to know why. Once I engaged in this search I saw that I needed to understand the  culture and more importantly FSW attitudes and behaviour to avoid  relationships keep going south for the same or similar reason. I think I have only benefitted from all my time on here in terms of understanding the place and FSU dating better than when I started.
The reasons you’ve outlined are partly why you won’t succeed. There’s no set piece formula you can follow. You’re dealing with human beings. It doesn’t follow that if you do A, then B will happen.
FSUW are not a gaggle of geese forming identical patterns in the sky. Everyone will have traits unique to them.
At the end of the day, they are women, just like women everywhere.
If you don’t understand women from your own background, language and culture, failure in the FSU is guaranteed lfor you.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:07:49 PM by John Gaunt »

Online krimster2

« Reply #2207 on: August 14, 2018, 12:08:24 PM »
trench,
   as I said earlier, I don't think you have a "small problem" but a large one, and that even if I don't understand the nature of this problem, I think maybe YOU do, but are ignoring whatever it is

100% I know lack of money is a big problem for you, and maybe that, and having a background that doesn't involve a lot of social contacts, friendships, etc might also be a big problem, I don't know, but you SHOULD know what your issues are:

I don't think you have the income to achieve your goal, if I were "in your shoes" I would NOT even set foot in Ukraine because I would feel too insecure about the costs of this venture
you are still in the beginning phase of trying to meet someone, if you do at some point become successful and meet someone your expenses are going to be EVEN HIGHER than just dating, and this person will be your fiancee/wife.  do you want to "let them down"  this would cause me massive insecurity and anxiety
you've been single all your life, you don't know what it feels like to have another human being be totally dependent on you
and unless you are very lucky, a woman from Ukraine, is not just going to come into your life and start her new job on her first day in the UK
when my wife came to the USA, she didn't know how to drive a car, didn't know how to write a cheque (did I spell it right?)
it would take the average Ukrainian woman years before she'd be able to contribute financially to your family
meanwhile it's all on you mate, are you happy with your income now, what about when you have another person to support
I don't think you appreciate the costs associated with having a wife let alone children...

we all date "aspirationally" and desire someone "out of our league"
Mea culpa, I am ONLY sexually attracted to women that I feel represent for me what is the "ideal form of feminine beauty"
but frankly, this is kind of dumb...
several times I dated gorgeous women, who were just the worst kind of person you could imagine, and the relationship ended with a LOT of fireworks
don't do this...
OTOH, have been "hit on" by women who were either in my own league or below it, and who were just the most incredibly kind, loving and talented people
but they didn't meet "my standard"
doubly dumb...

the only small town I have experience with in the UK is Whitfield outside of Bury and Rochdale
it's too tiny to meet someone there, where would you go to meet someone in Whitfield...
OTOH, in London I was ALWAYS meeting "affectionate" women and some were REAL nice!

so, if you can, move there, and start making friendships
just having friends will help you immensely, even if a woman friend doesn't find you attractive, she might be willing to pass you along to one of her friends who might
provided she felt you were "a decent chap"
when I was younger and lived on the East Coast, that is THE ONLY WAY I KNEW HOW TO DATE

just don't be dumb like I was, and turn down a woman, because you think she's too plain
look more on the inside and not on the outside
i know, I'm reading what I just wrote, and even I'm cringing at it
but you know what
IT'S TRUE

it will be just so much easier and practical to start a family with someone who is already established in the UK
than to bring a stranger here, who has zero competence within UK culture

don't think in a dumb way, like I used to Trench
be smarter and go find your wife
I think she's out there, just not in Ukraine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2208 on: August 14, 2018, 12:10:43 PM »
Trenchcoat-

Trenchcoat has been pretty calm for the dog piling he's endured for 2+ years. Getting defensive when criticism is due in not healthy but I'd like to see a lot more emotion from him focused in another direction. If he gets angry where he's at in life, it may motivate him to improve it. People are less likely to move forward if they are somewhat happy where they're at.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

« Reply #2209 on: August 14, 2018, 12:38:29 PM »
calmness is a very important attribute to have
and Trench is probably one of the calmest people there is on this board

but somehow, I think your sympathetic "being picked on" is really more for your own sake than for Trench
but I did find it moving...

Offline msmob

« Reply #2210 on: August 14, 2018, 01:34:57 PM »
Funny you say that, I did a taster weekend on a yacht it was very much like caravaning on water, lol. Could'nt get with all the ropes bother with it all an lurching to the sides :barf:

Rare is the yacht that is interesting to sail - unless it can plane ( skim on the surface )

I'm at the age, where I like to race in my Laser and cruise under a tent ( Bimimi) with all the 'ropes' leading to the cockpit from where I steer and no 'ropes' to entangle SC as she sunbathes ..

Online krimster2

« Reply #2211 on: August 14, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »
sailing is too hard, have to deal with the keel and so forth much harder to launch
1 person is a limitation on the size of the sail
OTOH, have piloted power boats upto 50 feet in length, with no problem
I imagine the petrol bill for a boat that size would not look pretty
the 50 footer took 2 barrels of petrol for each filling - that'd probably be about 400 pounds

when I was younger owned 2 small sailboats the largest was 26 ft, not exactly Cunard Line material
but it was big enough to sleep 4, had a head and a galley, and I could sail it all by myself, even launch it all by myself
but that was then, this is now, would love to have a small boat, will have to wait and see where we'll move next
my wife and I are planning on a Rhine trip in the future, from Amsterdam to Geneva
and would love to take her on a canal cruise in the UK, she'd love it
perfectly safe I told her, if the boat's sinking, just pole it over to the side, might take 3 seconds, and jump off!!!

Online krimster2

« Reply #2212 on: August 14, 2018, 03:36:33 PM »
"I'm at the age,"

yeah me to, not as much fun as when I was younger
I think going on friend's boats, renting is more my style now
I have a friend with a "basic" catamaran, no cabin, just a "trampoline"
we "fly" on that thing, fun but I don't want to own one

amazing boating experience in Amsterdam 2 months ago
they have autonomous self driving canal boats!
only 4 so far, and big line
insert credit card, select route and go
was an AMAZING experience
company claims to be expanding it based on early success of this "pilot"  :) version
if I end up living in Amsterdam a few years from now, I can see myself doing this once a month in good weather

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2213 on: August 14, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
...<snip>

You did noticed I used the word *ideas* and not advice. John Gaunt's point in the ensuing post above clearly clarified why.

Not to discourage you, but this stage of your search is the easiest, and the most fun, especially because of the available tools at your disposal we didn't have before.

Spend more time on yourself. Not here.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2214 on: August 14, 2018, 04:20:07 PM »
Trenchcoat has been pretty calm for the dog piling he's endured for 2+ years. Getting defensive when criticism is due in not healthy but I'd like to see a lot more emotion from him focused in another direction. If he gets angry where he's at in life, it may motivate him to improve it. People are less likely to move forward if they are somewhat happy where they're at.

Surely. But as with everything else in life, there's always the prevailing point of diminishing return.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2215 on: August 14, 2018, 05:17:12 PM »
You did noticed I used the word *ideas* and not advice. John Gaunt's point in the ensuing post above clearly clarified why.

Not to discourage you, but this stage of your search is the easiest, and the most fun, especially because of the available tools at your disposal we didn't have before.

Spend more time on yourself. Not here.

This I intend to do now, Krimster etc have kindly provided me with the sort of direction I need. I see now that the more sincere FSW are after a lifestyle rather than merely wealth. If it looks like you can provide a nice lifestyle then their motivation to communicate is likely to be higher. So if I can show photos of a nice lifestyle then that is something they can buy into.

Well with the tools available today, it's a twk edged sword, yes they can be more fun - stuff like Whatsapp can make it more fun sometimes, video chat can be good fun or pure awkwardneas depending on how you get on. Main thing though is that every new dating device development tends to bring in a new ball game. Sometimes the old ball game can still work but often it takes some adapting to the new dating environment that it tends to create I find.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2216 on: August 14, 2018, 05:28:14 PM »
89 pages later and you are still missing the point.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2217 on: August 14, 2018, 05:31:50 PM »
Rare is the yacht that is interesting to sail - unless it can plane ( skim on the surface )

I'm at the age, where I like to race in my Laser and cruise under a tent ( Bimimi) with all the 'ropes' leading to the cockpit from where I steer and no 'ropes' to entangle SC as she sunbathes ..

Well the Instructor guy on our yacht was getting it at quite a pitch, almost like those competition yachts you see on TV where they are all hanging off one side of it. It seemed like somewhere towards a 45 degree pitch. Also we narrowly avoided this huge metal life buoy he turned it at the very last moment again at a steep pitch. I was sure we were going to hit it and steeled myself for the seemingly enviable impact, must have only just cleared it by milimeters. On another occassion he seemed to be aiming the boat towards the concrete Quay wall before pitching it again. I kind of got the impression it was more for his joy than ours. He made is do the ropes all manually and it was quite confusing which coloured rope to pull there was so many scattered around.

To be honest the best bit was when the boat was under power of motor and we didn't have to bother with all the fuss of sails & ropes, it kind of took the fun out of the boat moving '?- just too much to have to deal with to be able to relax at all. Prior to the experience I thought sail boats looked all relaxing and tranquil but it proved anything but.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2218 on: August 14, 2018, 05:32:22 PM »

Which is?

Online krimster2

« Reply #2219 on: August 14, 2018, 05:54:02 PM »
"Quay"???

you Brits, you mean a wharf, not a "key" used to wonder what Brits were talking about a key for
yeah your sailing description reminds me of when I had my girl friend on my boat and had a spontaneous race with another larger boat
when I was doing some aggressive tacking, she made me stop!!!

here's my old boat

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=758

Trench, did you read my earlier post about finances, and a Ukrainian vrs British spouse?
what are your thoughts

you are either up very early or very late!!!

Offline msmob

« Reply #2220 on: August 15, 2018, 01:07:26 AM »
Like dating, Trench doesn't 'get' sailing ;))

You were sailing a keel boat and I doubt it was over at 45 degrees ... 

Metal buoys ( pron: boys not booeys !) mark channels and aren't life buoys ..

If you don't understand the point of tacking to windward - the changes of course will seem bizarre and 'pointless' ... they are the most rewarding and exciting part of the race for me !

Krimster:  You spend enough time on the right ( in more ways than one [ :D ] side of the pond to know that quay is the 'correct' term ;)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:29:07 AM by msmob »

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #2221 on: August 15, 2018, 01:27:12 AM »
Which is?

Trenchcoat, You could not follow an IKEA instructions booklet in a flat pack.

Dear Trench I am more or less convinced you have some autistic spectrum issue. This does make your search is impossible but you need to understand both the challenges and ramifications. In fact beginning a relationship will be a challenge because women in the fSU will not understand your issues. Add to this a parenting issue on your side that failed you miserably.

Certainly based on your prior interactions and perceptions you are socially deficient by any average metric. Perhaps close to home are 'coaches' who can assist you, the problem will be when you translate these skills to the former Soviet Union.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:54:13 AM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #2222 on: August 15, 2018, 01:46:16 AM »
Well the Instructor guy on our yacht was getting it at quite a pitch, . . . .Prior to the experience I thought sail boats looked all relaxing and tranquil but it proved anything but.

Truly you do not get it.

:cluebat: 

If there was a barn and I met you, I would take you behind it and give you a proper whomping.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:50:18 AM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2223 on: August 15, 2018, 01:59:20 AM »
If you don't understand the point of tacking to windward - the changes of course will seem bizarre and 'pointless' ... they are the most rewarding and exciting part of the race for me !

We're not talking about your little boys boat here we're taking a more complicated affair, thinks lot more ropes and a heavy boom swinging acroas to smack you in your gob - yes I know many posters on here would love to see that. I see the point of it all to get the best line, catch the wind ag the best time to get ahead faster. Not fir me though I think, I'm very much a straight ahead sort of guy without so much fuss.

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #2224 on: August 15, 2018, 02:20:25 AM »
STUPID ALERT!

We're not talking about your little boys boat here we're taking a more complicated affair, thinks lot more ropes and a heavy boom swinging acroas to smack you in your gob - yes I know many posters on here would love to see that. I see the point of it all to get the best line, catch the wind ag the best time to get ahead faster. Not fir me though I think, I'm very much a straight ahead sort of guy without so much fuss.

It does matter what size the vessel is. The principles do not change.

For what it is worth you 'do not catch the wind'

Not fir me though I think, I'm very much a straight ahead sort of guy without so much fuss.

Here in lies your fundamental challenge - you simply do not get it. Whether a relationship or an activity. You think it should be straight forward and clear of fog or rough seas.

Sorry to clue you, life does not work the way you perceive it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:26:17 AM by BdHvA »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1942
Total: 1951

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM