It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

What is your opinion of tattoos on fsuw?

I dislike them
23 (76.7%)
I like them
2 (6.7%)
It depends on the tattoo (if you vote for this option it would be great if you could post in a reply)
4 (13.3%)
I have no opinion on them
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: September 21, 2016, 02:00:04 PM

Author Topic: Tattoos on fsuw  (Read 14182 times)

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Tattoos on fsuw
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »
A few years ago a RW in Moscow would report to me her observations of tattoos in her gym changing room.

I've noticed an increase in tattoos on fsuw on vk.com.

What are your thoughts about the prevalence of tattoos on fsuw?

Do you like them, dislike them, or are you indifferent to them?

Does their size matter to you?

Do you think their presence correlates with any behavioral traits?

I detest them all, but the larger ones worse than small ones. I find so-called sleeves (where the arm is fully tattooed) and neck tattoos especially repulsive.

My impression is that younger girls seem to have them more commonly than older girls.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:48:38 PM by Larry1 »

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Tattoos on fsuw
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 02:03:09 PM »
I am ok with tats as long as they are well done. Certain subject matter may turn me off though as it reflects their personality.

Location seems to matter to me. Size, not so much, as long as it is nicely done or all interconnected. A bunch of haphazardly placed tats does not do it for me, while a nice sleeve is ok.  Neck tats and it's a no go. A nice tat running up her side or leg I like.

Offline John of Hesperia

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 02:06:54 PM »
Tats on any female are OK with me as long as they can be washed off.... or come with an eraser!
Old ain't dead, but it don't feel good getting old.  Pain is nature's way of telling me I'm still alive!

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 02:40:09 PM »
Why limit this to FSUW?  It doesn't matter where the woman comes from, I don't like them - full stop.  Maybe it's an age thing - I don't know.  There's a pretty young woman who works with me who has half a dozen random tattoos in different places.  Of course it's her body, her life and her choice, but I just wonder why she meddled with something that looked pretty good without embellishment.  With the right sort of makeup she looks extremely attractive, but the tattoos (to me) are a distraction that she doesn't need.  However, her boyfriend of five years obviously doesn't mind.  :devil:

Offline Larry1

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 03:24:58 PM »
Why limit this to FSUW?   

I put it that way bc the forum is geared to fsu and fsuw and I was curious what the trends were there.

There's a pretty young woman who works with me who has half a dozen random tattoos in different places.  Of course it's her body, her life and her choice, but I just wonder why she meddled with something that looked pretty good without embellishment.  With the right sort of makeup she looks extremely attractive, but the tattoos (to me) are a distraction that she doesn't need.

I completely agree. A girl's skin is beautiful and I hate to see it marred.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 03:37:02 PM »
A few years ago a RW in Moscow would report to me her observations of tattoos in her gym changing room.

I've noticed an increase in tattoos on fsuw on vk.com.

What are your thoughts about the prevalence of tattoos on fsuw?

Do you like them, dislike them, or are you indifferent to them?

Does their size matter to you?

Do you think their presence correlates with any behavioral traits?

I detest them all, but the larger ones worse than small ones. I find so-called sleeves (where the arm is fully tattooed) and neck tattoos especially repulsive.

My impression is that younger girls seem to have them more commonly than older girls.

Although I don't like them, I could handle small discreet tattoos that could be hidden when we were out in a formal setting.  The sleeves, hand tattoos and ones on the neck or any that looked even remotely gang like would send me to the no go line immediately. 

I have some.  My upper arms and chest.  But they can be hidden even with a short sleeve shirt for places they are not appropriate.  And while they are over 40 years old, obtained in the military and less of a stigma on guys typically than on women; I wish I had not gotten them.  They don't bother me enough to remove, but unlike out of style clothing, you cant just dump them at the thrift store.

To each his own, but I voted no tats and were I ever to be single again they would be a big factor unless they could be covered easily.  Smoking would be the absolute deal breaker for me, but tats are right up there.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 03:42:31 PM »
Now that more women here are wearing shorts due to the weather, I've noticed that some of the young ones (late teens-early 20s) have tattoos on their legs. Some of them fairly large and not attractive at all.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 03:52:57 PM »
Although I don't like them, I could handle small discreet tattoos that could be hidden when we were out in a formal setting.
Like this one ;D?

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 06:26:11 PM »
Tattoos define complete idiots; just as cigarette smoking does.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 09:24:14 PM »
Like this one ;D?

How many married men here would let another man tattoo their wife in that spot?

I don't have any tattoos. When I visited my wife the first time, her mom asked me if I had any tattoos. Later I learned if I did have tattoos, her mom would try hard to get her to break up with me.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 04:21:26 AM »
How many married men here would let another man tattoo their wife in that spot?
She wasn't married at that time ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 04:39:51 AM »
I have never seen a tattoo that I liked.  I guess I don't mind the smaller ones like in Sandro's picture.  Unless that was on her upper lip.  :P

I could do without the big ones.  I especially hate the ones they call tramp stamps.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:50:25 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 08:22:09 AM »

Dad forced his daughter to put a tattoo of himself on her butt to let her and the boys know he's always watching, even in the bedroom.

I guess I don't mind the smaller ones like in Sandro's picture.  Unless that was on her upper lip.  :P

Yeah, nobody here wants to kiss Sandro. I don't think I would want to see him on a woman's butt either.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Noch1

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 10:51:05 AM »
Its simple, if you don't like date older women and you will not have issues.
Yes older women have tats, but less so.
Most younger girls have atlas one, some many more.
Its what youth do. Just like you drove you parents crazy with long hair and loud
music, now its tats. :) just means your getting old and are closer to what your
parents were than you would ever like to admit. LOL
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 11:56:08 AM »
The reason I don't have tattoos is the same you don't put bumper stickers in a Ferrari.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline calmissile

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 12:34:22 PM »
I agree with most responses.  Personally, I do not like tattoos in general.  One of the biggest reasons are that they are permanent.  Generally, I feel tattoos fit into two categories.  Those that are picturesque and those that display a message.

While those that are a beautiful art scene still are permanent and your stuck with it for life (unless you have them over-tattooed to cover them).  Even paintings in our homes, we like to change out or move around after a while.  We sometimes change colors of our cars or homes because we get bored with the same image after a long time.  In any case, as we age things seem to move around.  That beautiful art piece might well become distorted as time goes on.

The second category is those tattoos that have a message.  Whether it's a persons name, a political message, or expressing some ideology, the person may well find that as time goes on the message might become stupid looking to most viewers.

Coupled with tattoos, is the current fad to couple them with hardware stuck into their bodies that is outright repulsive in my mind.  People with nose rings, the huge earlobes, etc.  Again, some of these are permanent.   How would you fill in the huge hole in your earlobe, if you ever grow up and join society?  You might not care now when your comfortable in the "In Crowd", but once the fad passes you might regret mutilating your body.   My response is to look away and ignore them.  It's not what they want, but it suites me best.  They have a right to look as ridiculous as they want.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Larry1

Russian guy tattoos his name on girlfriend's face
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 02:00:02 PM »
I remembered reading a news story about a Russian tattoo guy who tattooed his name on his new girlfriend's face about 24 hours after the couple met. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273234/Man-tattoos-girlfriends-FACE--met-24-hours-earlier.html

The guy's name is Ruslan.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 04:25:54 PM »
How would you fill in the huge hole in your earlobe, if you ever grow up and join society? 
Depends on the specific society ;):

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline southernX

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 06:30:42 PM »
Not  a fan of tattoos at all

Women over 35 ish are less likely to have one ime

My wife has the belief that there is something not quite right with a person inside if they wish to brand themselves on the outside with a tatoo  ;D & I tend to agree with that view

SX

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 08:12:50 PM »
Where is the 'don't like tattoos at all on anybody' option?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 02:09:17 AM »
No option for detest ...full stop ?

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 05:49:51 AM »
I've never seen one I liked and have seen a lot. I remember a time when it was very rare to see a tattoo on anybody unless they were in the Navy, an ex-sailor or a convict. Tatts started picking up some steam in the 90's and by the time 2000's were here people were getting their kids tattooed.

I don't like any of them but when I was single, tattoos and piercings used to get me laid. They were always a good ice breaker and when a woman has either one visible they usually always have one that isn't and that one was the conversation piece. Usually if they had one hidden they would gladly show it off  ;D

Offline Larry1

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 08:38:48 AM »
I don't like any of them but when I was single, tattoos and piercings used to get me laid. They were always a good ice breaker and when a woman has either one visible they usually always have one that isn't and that one was the conversation piece. Usually if they had one hidden they would gladly show it off  ;D

I think this is one of the main reasons I dislike tattoos. I associate tattoos with slutty girls.

Offline ML

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 09:08:00 AM »
I think this is one of the main reasons I dislike tattoos. I associate tattoos with slutty girls.

Well then, it helps identify them . . . when needed.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 09:14:32 AM »
Tattoo humor.

Man is in hospital for several days.
On his 'equipment' is tattoo saying 'Little.'
And it was little . . . in the normal state.
Female nurses spread the word around, and eventually all came by to have a look.

As man was being released from hospital, he asked one of the nurses for a date, and she accepted.

Next day, the nurse came in walking quite 'bow legged.'

The other nurses said, "How could that be with 'Little.'

Reply:  "When in working order, the tattoo read  Little Rock, Arkansas United States of America.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1948
Total: 1957

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM