It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartment in Kyiv  (Read 34715 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2019, 12:48:25 PM »
Says the Canadian married to someone from FSU....     :cheesy:

I am pointing out what most people think, but are too politically correct to state, merely for illustration of the OP's point.

FTR, I married a Soviet citizen, not someone from the FSU.  He arrived in my country still a Soviet citizen, on a Soviet passport, in the period when officials were still afraid of a kaliyivshchyna in Ukraine, but before the USSR collapsed.

I didn't specifically seek out someone from the FSU because citizens of my country were too (add your applicable adjective here).  My husband would have been happy to live in the USSR, I didn't want to live in a broken society where I would be under surveillance 24/7, subject to provocations each time I stepped into the street.  When we married, we didn't even have a guarantee we would be able to be together.  And then, I was thrown out of the country.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 01:23:12 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2019, 12:51:10 PM »
No, you just don't get the joke... which was funny.  :)

Yup.  ;)

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2019, 01:03:49 PM »
Untrue. I'm looking for a wife. Sex is not a motivation for a trip. That's an outrageous false accusation. So yes, you are one of them  PCHL... politically correct hypocrites and liars

LOL,  Did I post anything about sex? 

rwd is correct, the fact you got so worked up about a few posts is not a good sign in dealing with a society that is built on deception, through no fault of the majority of its inhabitants.

Read Ivan Karpenko-Kary's One Hundred Thousand (StoTysiach), which is still applicable to Ukraine today.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 01:12:17 PM by Boethius »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2019, 01:14:50 PM »
Stay near Kreshchatyk, Kyiv's main street.  Most everything interesting in Kyiv is central unless you know the city well.  Furthermore, lots of areas now don't have lighting at night, which can be dangerous.

Finally, unless you are 16, you are probably communicating with a woman, not a girl.

+1Kreschchatyk is the best location close to Maidan
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline GenMish

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2019, 01:33:48 PM »
Thanks for the advice. In the nights, for sure I'll stay in the downtown area.

Mm... The politically correct people would take offence for calling a woman girl. But they take offence for about everything one says,  these days. But a wholesome girl likes it, she knows it is a term of endearment. My girl certainly likes it, I know so even though I started calling her "my girl" only a few days ago, i know that she likes it.

I've never had a woman who objected being called girl by me.TThis includes Slavic women. Where is the offence? I.dont see it anywhere  :)

I've even.called them "little girl"... and they still like it. Because they know it's an affectionate term. Tenderness, you know? The kind that happens in romantic relationships... Perfectly ok, if there's some intimacy with the... girl.

Whoa, big cultural differences north of the border
I see you are from Canada, we are much more paced in the USA with our women. We never start by calling a new lady in our life as 'girl' or 'my girl.' When appropriate we start with introducing her as Ms Tuesday. When you introduce your 'girl' as Ms Tuesday, she will beam with loving affection because she graduated from being Ms Monday and having to pick up pizza and beer before NFL kickoff. Of course, you would never introduce Ms Monday as 'Ms Monday', just rather a football buddy. Ms Tuesday is the major benchmark. Nothing says love more than $3 Tacos and Margaritas for Ms Tuesday. Eventually when she graduates from Ms Friday, then its acceptable to introduce her as my girl.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2019, 02:19:22 PM »
But I hope my girl will remain constant, because so far she's saying and doing all the
right things. If so, I'll be caught in her net  :)

After visiting in August, I can go see her two or three months later, again. That should work, I guess.

If you can hold everything together until August (not advised) then 2-3 months
later for a second trip if everything works out is good.

I visited Angel Eyes 4 times within a year. Each time I became more and more
convinced that she was the one for me. Then she came to visit me twice, and I
married her before she got a chance to change her mind.

Piece of advise # 2
Don't let the peanut gallery get to you. Get what you need from the forum and
give them as little as possible to get your questions answered. The Peanut gallery
here are professional navel gazers and there is no profit for you to explain yourself
in every situation.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2019, 05:50:38 PM »
Of course. That's how I treat them. But it doesn't  mean you have to do as I, if you.don't like it

That's OK... When I read folks post about 'girlfriends on VK' .... and their pronouncements on FSU guys and those who believe it .. I realise I'm in a parallel universe.   ;)  some of the most loving, caring  husbands I've met are FSU guys.

I honestly do not get this infatuation with virtual fwends'.   

Excuse the sarcasm, you are keen as mustard and that's GREAT - but wait until you get there - see things for yourself  - before buying into the BS ;)

'

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2019, 11:48:37 PM »
Whoa, big cultural differences north of the border
I see you are from Canada, we are much more paced in the USA with our women. We never start by calling a new lady in our life as 'girl' or 'my girl.' When appropriate we start with introducing her as Ms Tuesday. When you introduce your 'girl' as Ms Tuesday, she will beam with loving affection because she graduated from being Ms Monday and having to pick up pizza and beer before NFL kickoff. Of course, you would never introduce Ms Monday as 'Ms Monday', just rather a football buddy. Ms Tuesday is the major benchmark. Nothing says love more than $3 Tacos and Margaritas for Ms Tuesday. Eventually when she graduates from Ms Friday, then its acceptable to introduce her as my girl.

Really, too much preoccupation about something completely trivial.  :cluebat:  :offtopic:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:00:40 AM by Franco Rey »
It's the end of the world as we know it... so let's have fun.

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2019, 11:59:23 PM »
Says the Canadian married to someone from FSU....     :cheesy:

"Seems that Nightwish has been misunderstood!.."

Maybe so.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:44:57 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2019, 12:40:39 AM »
Seems that Nightwish has been misunderstood!..

Offline JayH

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2019, 01:08:37 AM »
And you too: F*** U!

Hey Franco  -- I have stayed out of this  to see what unfolded  and you aint to good at any of this ! LoL !

I am going to take a different line ( easy stuff like how to find an apartment is childs play -hey even Moby can do it_)

So --when a guy comes here with his story and ideas -- I am always most interested in   who he is-what he is -- and why he thinks he is attractive to a fsuw ( or girl !!!!! )
eg   are you  160 cms tall and 120kgs?  What is relationship history> ?  Does he live in his mothers basement? What is work history?  etc etc
Why you ask--   because we have seen on forum - I have seen personally- many guys  who are everything from delusional ( eg Trenchcoat)  to just outright plain nut cases .

So--
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Nightwish

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2019, 01:18:27 AM »
A couple of them managed to irritate me, some hours ago. Those two can go to hell, for today

Mate here is some good advice now, you need to grow a thicker skin. You can't get that riled up on some rather harmless comments on a forum.

One reoccurring thing I seen with FSU girls/women/ladies is their ability to "push your buttons" to see how you react, how you manage your irritation/anger/annoyance.
It can be very subtle and they only do it to test you, but if you fail that test - you are out.
They want to make sure you are that attentive, good husband material that WM's are made out to be.

In part I think that has to do with the society itself, they are VERY blunt and don't really ever hide their opinions, and in part because they are used to manage men in a very masculine society where many have drinking problems and anger issues.

To succeed and most of all to have an enjoyable journey, you need to get to understand their mindset, understand the society, it IS very different from the west.

Once you do that - it's only a question about "boy meet girl" as everywhere else.
They might be beautiful and pleasant - and just as rare as unicorns -  but they are still "just" Women.

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2019, 01:27:58 AM »
Hey Franco  -- I have stayed out of this  to see what unfolded  and you aint to good at any of this ! LoL !

I am going to take a different line ( easy stuff like how to find an apartment is childs play -hey even Moby can do it_)

So --when a guy comes here with his story and ideas -- I am always most interested in   who he is-what he is -- and why he thinks he is attractive to a fsuw ( or girl !!!!! )
eg   are you  160 cms tall and 120kgs?  What is relationship history> ?  Does he live in his mothers basement? What is work history?  etc etc
Why you ask--   because we have seen on forum - I have seen personally- many guys  who are everything from delusional ( eg Trenchcoat)  to just outright plain nut cases .

So--

Me? 178 tall. 71 kgs. In shape, I go to the gym three times a week. 51 years old. My girl is 32. I don't own a house, I rent a big basement. Have a new fancy car. I work in security systems. Video monitoring systems. I'm a programmer, specialized in video systems, lately. I'm handsome. Actually, similar to my avatar, that's why I chose it. Don't know if you would believe it, but I think I hold the all time championship in number of Slavic virtual girlfriends in vkontakte (for a foreigner, and probably beat many Russian contenders for the title, as well)... So many girlfriends that I lost count of how many, long ago.

So, I know these women, to an extent. Both Russian and Ukrainian. Even though I haven't been there yet. I'm not married to one of them just because I chose not to, based on my own feelings of disappointment about them. Most of them were (virtual) cheaters (does that say something about the Slavic women soul?), others, I was just fed up with their being so self absorbed and arrogant. The latest ones were as beautiful as supermodels and as hot as the agencys' hottest girls. I'll show you just two of them... Alexandra and Marina. And I didn't want them because they're... Princesses, you know? Insufferably vain and selfish. And I want a down to earth woman.

What else do you want to know?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:36:02 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2019, 01:34:19 AM »
Mate here is some good advice now, you need to grow a thicker skin. You can't get that riled up on some rather harmless comments on a forum.

One reoccurring thing I seen with FSU girls/women/ladies is their ability to "push your buttons" to see how you react, how you manage your irritation/anger/annoyance.
It can be very subtle and they only do it to test you, but if you fail that test - you are out.
They want to make sure you are that attentive, good husband material that WM's are made out to be.

In part I think that has to do with the society itself, they are VERY blunt and don't really ever hide their opinions, and in part because they are used to manage men in a very masculine society where many have drinking problems and anger issues.

To succeed and most of all to have an enjoyable journey, you need to get to understand their mindset, understand the society, it IS very different from the west.

Once you do that - it's only a question about "boy meet girl" as everywhere else.
They might be beautiful and pleasant - and just as rare as unicorns -  but they are still "just" Women.

Now that you mention it... You're right... This is one of the main reasons that I didn't stick to any of them in vkontakte... Because they kept pushing my buttons all the time. Even after half a year of online relationship... Even after a year... They still kept testing me often. And the tests often involved other men. As in, making me jealous on purpose, to check my reaction. Little things, but still malicious in intent.

The "walls", where people post content, are fertile ground to put a man's patience to test, in a thousand different ways.

Which I always thought was nasty. And I could feel it, that they were doing it on purpose, to check my endurance and patience. I also noticed that the Russian guys were not subjected to the same severe tests as I. I took that as unfair advantage for the locals (which is exactly what it is) ... I thought that was very unfair and it pissed me off a lot. And it always seemed that the tests would never end. I hated it! I told several of them: I'm not a fucking lab rat! ... to be under examination all the time! I hated it. And all of them are like that. That part of their make up I dislike very much.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:45:22 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline Nightwish

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2019, 01:44:49 AM »
Now that you mention it... You're right... This is one of the main reasons that I didn't stick to any of them in vkontakte... Because they kept pushing my buttons all the time. Even after half a year of online relationship... Even after a year... They still kept testing me often. And the tests often involved other men. As in, making me jealous on purpose, to check my reaction. Little things, but still malicious in intent.

Which I always thought was nasty. And I could feel it, that they were doing it on purpose, to check my endurance and patience. I also noticed that the Russian guys were not subjected to the same severe tests as I. I thought that was very unfair and it pissed me off a lot. And it always seemed that the tests would never end. I hated it! I told several of them: I'm not a fucking lab rat! ... to be under examination all the time! I hated it. And all of them are like that. That part of their make up I dislike very much.

Virtual relationships on VK? sorry but... are you 12 years old?

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2019, 01:49:01 AM »
Virtual relationships on VK? sorry but... are you 12 years old?

I guess you don't know it, but people can get married out of vk. A couple friends now live in Florida. They met in vk. And, I had girls ready to welcome me in Russia or Ukraine, or ready to visit me. Sorry, but are you a not very bright nay sayer? Cos you look like one. And you lack in manners.

Maybe I should in the end post what I intended for you originally, today: F*** U! (Because you deserve it, due to poor manners. Sorry  :D)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:52:48 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2019, 01:52:44 AM »
How did Franco reapond to my post before I posted it ?))

Good evening, JayH..   

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2019, 01:57:57 AM »
And in spite of assurances by Boethius to the contrary, yes, many women told me that the men are just irresponsible grown up children, cheaters, and yes, drunkards. Also, often guilty of domestic violence. They described it as a generally serious problem (the men).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:59:56 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline JayH

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2019, 01:59:41 AM »
I guess you don't know it, but people can get married out of vk. And, I had girls ready to welcome me in Russia or Ukraine, or ready to visit me. Sorry, but are you a not very bright nay sayer? Cos you look like one. And you lack in manners.

Maybe I should in the end post what I intended for you originally, today: F*** U! (Because you deserve it, due to poor manners. Sorry  :D)

There are people here that I have zero respect for -- Nightwish is not one of them.He is a good guy with real on the ground current experience . You need to learn who to respect .
A few others Boethius,RWD,Pat  , 2T has more patience than most here !,  Funny thing is-they have all contributed in thread with material to think about.
All of these people have different perspectives and will say when they disagree with ANYONE --and that is not to say they agree when silent either.
Nightwish said it  "Mate here is some good advice now, you need to grow a thicker skin. "
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:02:02 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Nightwish

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2019, 02:04:04 AM »
I guess you don't know it, but people can get married out of vk. A couple friends now live in Florida. They met in vk. And, I had girls ready to welcome me in Russia or Ukraine, or ready to visit me. Sorry, but are you a not very bright nay sayer? Cos you look like one. And you lack in manners.

oh gosh how you impress me with your extensive knowledge  :rolleyes:

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2019, 02:04:40 AM »
There are people here that I have zero respect for -- Nightwish is not one of them.He is a good guy with real on the ground current experience . You need to learn who to respect .
A few others Bothius,RWD,Pat  , 2T has more patience than most here !,  Funny thing is-they have all contributed in thread with material to think about.
All of these people have different perspectives and will say when they disagree with ANYONE --and that is not to say they agree when silent either.
Nightwish said it  "Mate here is some good advice now, you need to grow a thicker skin. "

Maybe so. But the real problem is often not what is said, but how it is said. NO real need to use verbal aggression. If it comes, it will be met with more verbal aggression. This is a mirrored reaction that is to be expected, naturally. You give me sh, I'll give you sh.

I will not respect anybody who can't say things without resorting to verbal aggression ("wisecracks").. It is bullying, in effect.

It is perfectly possible to say things without trying to a smart ass.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 04:26:06 AM by AnonMod »

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2019, 02:06:35 AM »
oh gosh how you impress me with your extensive knowledge  :rolleyes:

Look above for proper response to you  :)
And I'm not impressed either, mr wiseass.  :rolleyes:

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2019, 02:23:26 AM »
Franco,

Are you for real?

A relationship online when you haven't met is  not a commited relationship.. 

Sure people meet and marry from social media...I found  my wife to be on long time unvisited profilles on dating sites and tracked her down using social media... But we Skyped, daily and met in REALITY...

Guys with salaried jobs and limited holiday (vacation) time are going to find this hard to take, but he who hesitates is defo lost...

Of course you got your buttons pushed... you were not taken seriously... you have to get on the plane, matey...

Until you do..you are just another keyboard romeo.

Judging by the photo posted...'Girl' was the appropriate adjective.

Now, whilst there are guys in long term marriages with lassies young enough to be their daughters they tend to be stable and calm..  Women like that.

Do not get so worked up. )(

This !ol git has made loads of mistakes in life and is pretty good at spotting a newbie heading for a big wake up call.

Sorry, but until you have been..you ain't being realistic..

You can be !verbally agreesive' with us...but we are trying to wake you up....for your own good.

You are dreaming, matey..

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2019, 02:33:33 AM »
Franco,

Sure people meet and marry from social media...I found  my wife to be on long time unvisited profilles on dating sites and tracked her down using social media... But we Skyped, daily and met in REALITY...

I even learned basic Russian after so many video chat sessions. And I didn't get on a plane because I was never convinced that any of them was worth of it. Not after the endless "tests".. That's the way they are, I reckon. But, also, that's the way I am. 27 and 29 are too young for a 51 yo man?

You really think you are too wise, don't you? Some of you... What do you know? Conventional platitudes?

We didn't meet because I didn't want to. That contradicts your theories on age (which never bothered the real subjects: the girls themselves). I'm feeling irritated again. That wise ass attitude really pisses me off, mr wise man. Do you ever screw up, or are you perfect as well? Or you just think you are perfect. BS.

Maybe I will go to sleep.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:39:09 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2019, 02:44:13 AM »
I))  am just the father of two daughters  One aged 27 who hopes they will not marry an 'ol git...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2188
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2177
Total: 2188

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM