It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartment in Kyiv  (Read 35093 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2019, 04:59:47 PM »
Translation: She found a rube willing to spring for a foreign vacation a local could not afford.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2019, 05:02:03 PM »
You got in the 'translation' I would have used, before me, Boethius

You should invite the lass on here, Trench

It might be educational for you ;)

Offline Davo

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2019, 06:07:37 AM »
Franco, don’t take the comments so personally. Sometimes I think the more experienced members are harsh, and I’ve been on the receiving end occasionally too.

They are being abrupt for a reason. I’ve spent the last two years here as a noobie and I’ve read almost all of the 4 main sections and there are so many horror stories and very broken men who get spat out the other side of the game. It’s far better to get advice, how ever brutal you may think it is, that’s not sugar coated. What you see as bullying is probably frustration at the revolving door of guys joining who know it all because they have chatted with a few fsu women online.

During my time here I’ve seen so many guys like you, arrive on the site on cloud nine, because they have all these attractive women showing them attention and it’s nothing like the harsh reality of online dating at home. Then they get given a reality check by members here. Some react badly and  never return and others take it on the chin with some humility and  grow from the experience..... be the last type of man, come back, ask questions with cap in hand and learn from the wisdom of the guys who have replied to you.

Usually I put a disclaimer on my advice regarding anything FSU, because upto a few weeks ago my experience had only been online, all be it probably the most rediculously long correspondence of anyone here before meeting. I spent over 2 years chatting  with one woman. It equated many thousands of hours of online contact.... well over 100,000 messages (probably closer to 200,000)...., hundreds of hours of video chatting, including tours of each other’s cities and sharing every aspect of each other’s lives in real time. We shared thousands upon thousands  of photos and videos. After all this I thought I knew every little aspect of her personality.

Don’t get me wrong, she’s a wonderful woman and her core qualities I saw online are exactly what I found in real life, but saying that the picture I had in my head of who she was online is vastly different from who she actually is in real life, despite honestly spending more time chatting with her, than I did with my ex of 20 years, when we finally met two weeks ago I found many new aspects of her personality, that online just couldn’t see. Luckily they were all good, but they could have easily been bad. It’s so easy to portray a false persona online.

So my point is you don’t really know any of the women you are chatting with. Not after 2 years, chatting  up to 12 hours a day and definitely not after several months like most normal men travelling this path do. 

A cool head is needed and a critical analysis of everything you do is required, if you don’t want to end up like the 100’s of other men who come and go from this site, after telling their train wreck stories and vowing never to look at another FSU woman again.

And I will still put my disclaimer on.....I’m still a noob and will be for many years to come. I only know a fraction of what some of the other guys here do 😉
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:14:21 AM by Davo »

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2019, 08:04:07 AM »
“They are being abrupt for a reason.”

Yup! and that “reason”?
we’re NOT precious snow flakes that require special handling!
“pweeze don be mean to me”
when you say this, my experience tells me, people will be TWICE as mean...
I learned this as a 6 yr old with undiagnosed Autism in first grade
so let me pass along that valuable little tidbit to you I learned at great personal expense

you go to Russia, you better be a tough SOB who rides tall in the saddle
and not be upset that the other kids aren’t nice to ya

see, everyone always blames someone else for their problems
the others are “mean to me”, instead of “I am weak”
the fault isn’t in us Franco or in your stars
even a Russian child will be able to rip you to pieces Franco
and I know what I’m talking about, cuz I raised two of em
BTW Franco, Russian women do NOT RESPECT weak men, AT ALL!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2019, 08:34:29 AM »
Franco, don’t take the comments so personally. Sometimes I think the more experienced members are harsh, and I’ve been on the receiving end occasionally too.

They are being abrupt for a reason. I’ve spent the last two years here as a noobie and I’ve read almost all of the 4 main sections and there are so many horror stories and very broken men who get spat out the other side of the game. It’s far better to get advice, how ever brutal you may think it is that’s  not sugar coated. What you see as bullying is probably frustration at the revolving door of guys joining who know it all because they have chatted with a few fsu women online.

During my time here I’ve seen so many guys like you, arrive on the site on cloud nine, because they have all these attractive women showing them attention and it’s nothing like the harsh reality of online dating at home. Then they get given a reality check by members here. Some react badly and  never return and others take it on the chin with some humility grow from the experience..... be the last type of man, come back, ask questions with cap in hand and learn from the wisdom of the guys who have replied to you.

Usually I put a disclaimer on my advice regarding anything FSU, because upto a few weeks ago my experience had only been online, all be it probably the most rediculously long correspondence of anyone here before meeting. I spent over 2 years chatting  with one woman. It equated many thousands of hours of online contact.... well over 100,000 messages (probably closer to 200,000)...., hundreds of hours of video chatting, including tours of each other’s cities and sharing every aspect of each other’s lives in real time. We shared thousands upon thousands  of photos and videos. After all this I thought I knew every little aspect of her personality.

Don’t get me wrong, she’s a wonderful woman and her core qualities I saw online are exactly what I found in real life, but saying that the picture I had in my head of who she was online is vastly different from who she actually is in real life, despite honestly spending more time chatting with her,  than I did with my ex of 20 years. When we finally met two weeks ago I found many new aspects of her personality, that I online just couldn’t see. Luckily they were all good, but they could have easily been bad. It’s so easy to portray a false persona online.

So my point is you don’t really know any of the women you are chatting with. Not after 2 years, chatting  up to 12 hours a day and definitely not after several months like most normal men travelling this path do. 

A cool head is needed and a critical analysis of everything you do is required, if you don’t want to end up like the 100’s of other men who come and go from this site, after telling their train wreck stories and vowing never to look at another FSU woman again.

And I will still put my disclaimer on.....I’m still a noob and will be for many years to come. I only know a fraction of what some of the other guys here do 😉

Very well written Davo.

And thanks a lot for sending me (via private message) the diet info.
I will follow up on it after I get over this operation pain.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Davo

« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »
Very well written Davo.

And thanks a lot for sending me (via private message) the diet info.
I will follow up on it after I get over this operation pain.

No worries mate..... hope you feel better soon. Message any time you need )

Offline Davo

« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2019, 11:59:09 AM »

I’m pretty easy going and aren’t generally confrontational, but had to harden the f%*k up almost instantly on the ground and by the time I got to my hotel on the first night I’d developed an attitude that will stay with me for life.

In the first 15 minutes I’d barged my way through customs in frustration. Then dealt with a SIM card provider wanting to use his personal account to get paid. Next I was a little snappy at the woman at domestic security.... she was very harsh with me at first. Then when I relaxed I almost missed my flight.

I arrived at the next airport and had to deal with a woman asking for money (she looked like an alcoholic). After the taxi driver tried to rip me off and dropped me at the wrong accommodation. There I was very abrupt with the woman at the front desk, but had to apologise as I was at the wrong hotel. The real accommodation canceled my booking with no warning..... all this happened in the first 6 hours in Russia.

You have to be tough, but also be ready to show compassion occasionally. I forgot to mention in my trip report that while walking to my new hotel on the first night I saw men leave a bar, make a chair with their arms and carry an old lady across a flooded street, then return to the bar.

With that in my mind I went shopping tonight and saw an old lady with a cup asking for money. When I come out ahe was still there and no one has given her a cent I held her arm and took her shopping. It wasn’t a huge expense for me and she just bought staples. She didn’t speak a word of English. but I could see she was greatful.

When I told the story to “k” she said she knew the old lady and often took her shopping also or have her money.... this is exactly the reason why I persisted with this woman, she has a very compassionate soul.

Online krimster2

« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2019, 12:18:03 PM »
ere that's nuthin!!!!

living in Crimea netted me two physical confrontations in a 3 year time period
one was an attempted robbery, the other was 18 yr old drunk guys trying to impress their girl friends
both ended when I knicked my openent's face with a custom Buck knife modified to be an "automatic"
carried it with me whenever i went outside

also carried a Russian military issue 26.5 mm flare pistol with modified flares to be 3X as powerful
simple expedient of opening 3 flare cartridges, extracting powder from propellant cup from 2 and adding to the third and repacking it
kicks like a mule and hurts your hand, but the flare pistol is over built and will take it
will shoot a burning ball of magnesium 1/2 mile or 8 inches into human flesh a 1"+ hole
buy it in sporting goods store anywhere in Russia
that's how I rolled...

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:23:21 PM by krimster2 »

Offline c5h

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2019, 12:27:25 PM »
Hello... I'm new to the forum. I found this site by Google search. I'm very attracted to Ukrainian women since I met some in Vancouver (but they are married).. I have a membership in Amazon online, so I already read a couple good books on dating Slavic girls in their turf.

I have a membership in ukrainedate.com... There are a lot of scammers there, but also some real girls who want the real thing. I want to gather a list of some five good prospects and then go visit.

As I already found one such good prospect, I'll be taking a vacation in August, and will make the trip to Kiev and stay for three weeks. I already made up my mind about renting an apartment (not a hotel room)... My question for you guys is: Can anybody here guide me as to how to find a good, not expensive apartment in downtown Kiev? I want to do things on my own, don't want to deal with any agencies if I can avoid them.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Ukrainians use Dobovo or one of the two main craigslist style sites for bookings.  There are more cheap bookings there (ones in the $12-20 range) there but on the nice places AirBnb is the same or cheaper if your looking at nice places right near Maiden (which is probably where you should stay) that would probably be in the $30-50 night range.  There isn't a reason to prebook for Kiev.  Lyiv near holidays and Odyessa in summer you want to plan ahead a little b/c they may get close to sell outs.  My first trip to Kyiv was for 3 weeks as well, I only booked 4 days in Kyiv at start of the trip.  I ended up staying at 2 families houses and other rentals the rest of the time.  Booked other places on airbnb while on the train ride there. 

I am married now and have been on several trips, everything was super easy, and it easy to meet girls doing real simple things like going to the grocery store.  It's why when you find one she won't let you out of her sight. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:39:27 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Davo

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »
ere that's nuthin!!!!

living in Crimea netted me two physical confrontations in a 3 year time period
one was an attempted robbery, the other was 18 yr old drunk guys trying to impress their girl friends
both ended when I knicked my openent's face with a custom Buck knife modified to be an "automatic"
carried it with me whenever i went outside

also carried a Russian military issue 26.5 mm flare pistol with modified flares to be 3X as powerful
simple expedient of opening 3 flare cartridges, extracting powder from propellant cup from 2 and adding to the third and repacking it
kicks like a mule and hurts your hand, but the flare pistol is over built and will take it
will shoot a burning ball of magnesium 1/2 mile or 8 inches into human flesh a 1"+ hole
buy it in sporting goods store anywhere in Russia
that's how I rolled...

Hhaaa, well now I realise my experience has been a little girls tea party compared to yours.... I will put on my nightie and retire to bed with my tail between my legs 😉

Online krimster2

« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2019, 01:53:29 PM »
hahaha

most "bad ass" thing I ever did in Russia was to shove an old lady out of line!
true story, after I lived there for a few years
one day I was standing in line and this old woman comes "out of nowhere"
and cuts in front of me
in the USA I'd smile at her
in Crimea
I took her by her shoulders
and shoved her out of line
when she looked up at me
I pointed my thumb to the back of the line
and gave her a menacing look
totally the most bad ass thing I ever did
being mean to an old lady!!
it's when I realized it was time for me leave Crimea

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:10:13 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Franco Rey

« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2019, 08:13:33 PM »
another snowflake that can't stand not knowing everything  :rolleyes:

all I see a  :trainwreck: in progress

Maybe you should crawl back into your basement, living your virtual life with your virtual girlfriends, out here in the real world you are in for a world of hurt if you can't even stand being contradicted on a forum.

Did I offend you again now little snowflake?

No, but you annoy me. I can't insult you because my post is deleted, but interpret my silence. In it I say to you things a lot worse than little snowflake, and that you wholly deserve  :)

Contradictions are ok. Bullying and insults are not.  And you are insulting me. And they say you're a good guy? It's good you're not a bad guy  :D

You see a trainwreck that will never happen. But I will say why.
It's the end of the world as we know it... so let's have fun.

Offline Franco Rey

« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2019, 08:28:34 PM »
Like every forum you will find some  :arguing:
Try to keep the right informations you need.
The problem is that the virtual life is just virtual.

Lets me explain :
There are many reasons that a RW would like to talk with a foreigner : learn english (more and more popular), have a nice travel (most popular hobby in FSU : travelling) and so on.

But now imagine that she is a nice girl, genuine and start to have some feelings, do you know that more than 90% of virtual talkers never come (90% is a kind numeral)?
How she could feel if you deceit her?
Hurt.

I provoked real feelings in them many times. The feelings were mutual. All I had to do was board the plane. But I am not sure that I like their personalities. The tendency to put me to test all the time, this alone was a deal breaker several times. Maybe it's me. I just don't like to be under the microscope.

Arguing is ok. As long as the arguments make sense. But I found several arguments really nonsensical. Like saying that pop songs are for teenagers only. Really?? And all the fuzz about the word "girl"... To which I simply pointed out the obvious: And what will you do with a common word like "girlfriend"?... Demand that it be changed to "womanfriend"? ... or "friend who identifies as female of the species"? ... That bit was plain ridiculous. And the people sounded exactly like our PM arguing publicly that the correct term should be "peoplekind", not "mankind". And the whole world made mock of him... As I think the world would laugh at the local attempt to make the word "girl" sound improper.

How can I take them seriously if they say nonsense?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:33:43 PM by Franco Rey »

Offline Franco Rey

« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2019, 08:32:21 PM »
"Well, it is a chance for ya'll old gits to pile on!!!  ))"

well, it would just be rude of us to turn down such a gracious invitation
ok...

is it your mom's basement that you're living in?
does it get cold and damp down there in the winter?
did she give you some heavy warm socks to wear?

My mom is dead. And this is a really stupid comment. So the mother of someone could possibly have anything to do with the matter of this thread?

It comes across as... you must have gone through a horrible childhood.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:38:10 PM by Franco Rey »

Offline Franco Rey

« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2019, 08:34:11 PM »

I'm surprised you didn't ask if he used tin foil antennas to communicate via internet? ))

Is this supposed to be a funny remark? I have a 600 Mb/sec connection, cable, with Shaw. Probably a lot faster than your connection.  :) Ok, I'm just guessing here.

Offline Franco Rey

« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2019, 08:51:35 PM »
“They are being abrupt for a reason.”

Yup! and that “reason”?
we’re NOT precious snow flakes that require special handling!
“pweeze don be mean to me”
when you say this, my experience tells me, people will be TWICE as mean...
I learned this as a 6 yr old with undiagnosed Autism in first grade
so let me pass along that valuable little tidbit to you I learned at great personal expense

see, everyone always blames someone else for their problems
the others are “mean to me”, instead of “I am weak”
the fault isn’t in us Franco or in your stars
even a Russian child will be able to rip you to pieces Franco
and I know what I’m talking about, cuz I raised two of em

Really? I don't know. Never been to Russia. But I had a lot of virtual fights with several of them, and I always won the fights. And the women took my side, I must concede that. And I also met some real, wholesome men. And they were not bullies, and even when I wrongfully attacked one of them, he disarmed me with an offer of friendship. And we are friends to this day, and we collaborated together in music projects for years. I've been a lot more popular in the community that you'll ever know about.
My music was popular even among Russian DJ's, and I even ran a (internet) radio station with one of them, for a whole year, as a favor because he was sick and asked for my help. I know them better than you think, and, famous people apart, I may be the most successful foreigner in the community, or close to it, ever. And I think your horror stories are more fiction than truth.

Autism. It seems that you have suffered your lot... That would explain some things about you. It's a good thing that my own growth pains didn't make me a bully. This is a mark of dishonor.

So, remaining stoic and impervious to verbal abuse is your definition of strong? Were you abused as a child? No, this is plain bullying and verbal abuse, even my poor mother received venom from you... what a shame on you! And no, I don't have to put up with any of this bullying and abuse.

Offline Franco Rey

« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2019, 09:21:22 PM »
Something unexpected happened. I have a waitress friend in my favorite bar club in Vancouver. Most of the clientele is Aboriginal Canadian, but she is Irish born, a natural red head. She's 40-something. We're good friends. Well, she's got an 18 yo daughter, whose father is an Aboriginal man. So, she is kinda dark-skinned, but blue-eyed and very beautiful. Because mom is also a looker. Well, I just got entangled with the daughter. I've had sex with her mom before, occasionally, and now I'm having sex with the girl, and mom is just fine with my age cos she knows me since four years ago, and she trusts me. And that is a big plus.

And so, I don't know what I'm going to do. She literally fell into my lap, as a God send. I actually think she's a gift from the heavens. Maybe as a compensation for having to put up with all your venom, you snakes!  :)

And suddenly, the prospect of going to Ukraine is not so enticing. I don't know, but now the local fresh product that has been offered to me appears a lot better.

I read somewhere that the Slavic girls always keep a local boyfriend, until they come to America, just in case. Well, I can play that game too. But Anna the Ukrainian is at serious disadvantage now, me thinks. An 18 yo has a way of making that abundantly clear.

If I need your wise guidance and your evil bullying and insults again, I will come back, if not, please don't take offence, and think that I will miss you guys so much because I love being bullied and attacked!  :D

By the way, all that negativity in this forum... Are you sure you are happy people? I have my doubts. And yeah, I'm a very happy man. So, when people ask for my advice, I give it generously, and I don't bully or attack them in return. I have good manners  :)

Anyways, here's the link to the agency. I'm curious if anybody knows it or the woman owner. Just curiosity, and as plan B if my young flame fails the test. But she's doing very well. She's very direct, for one thing. I always complained to my Russian girls that they always use a double language, that they rarely tell it like it is. This is true. Like I said, my pretty young thing has a clear advantage now, for several reasons. I want to post their photos here (mom and daughter) but I won't.

So long. Need cups to not spill the venom, let me know and I'll send you some  ;D

By the way, a strong man does not need to verbally attack other men. This is a sign of bitterness or just hateful nature.

And I know you will object to her age, but there's nothing you can do. Because here, things are done as I want, and what you want or what you think (?!) is irrelevant and will be completely ignored, anyway.  :P

http://daisybride.com/

PS ... I came looking for friendly advice, I found very hostile bullies. So, not sure yet, but don't really feel like coming back. Negative stuff, I usually just discard and move on. I don't need advice wrapped in toxic materials.

So, even though you guys obviously lack in manners, I still wanted to say goodbye.

Your venom is going to harm your own souls, if it didn't do that already. So, repent, you vipers!  :D

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:41:07 PM by Franco Rey »

Offline msmob

« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2019, 10:12:40 PM »
Something unexpected happened. I have a waitress friend in my favorite bar club in Vancouver. Most of the clientele is Aboriginal Canadian, but she is Irish born, a natural red head. She's 40-something. We're good friends. Well, she's got an 18 yo daughter, whose father is an Aboriginal man. So, she is kinda dark-skinned, but blue-eyed and very beautiful. Because mom is also a looker. Well, I just got entangled with the daughter. I've had sex with her mom before, occasionally, and now I'm having sex with the girl, and mom is just fine with my age cos she knows me since four years ago, and she trusts me. And that is a big plus.

And so, I don't know what I'm going to do. She literally fell into my lap, as a God send. I actually think she's a gift from the heavens. Maybe as a compensation for having to put up with all your venom, you snakes!  :)

And suddenly, the prospect of going to Ukraine is not so enticing. I don't know, but now the local fresh product that has been offered to me appears a lot better.

I read somewhere that the Slavic girls always keep a local boyfriend, until they come to America, just in case. Well, I can play that game too. But Anna the Ukrainian is at serious disadvantage now, me thinks. An 18 yo has a way of making that abundantly clear.

If I need your wise guidance and your evil bullying and insults again, I will come back, if not, please don't take offence, and think that I will miss you guys so much because I love being bullied and attacked!  :D

By the way, all that negativity in this forum... Are you sure you are happy people? I have my doubts. And yeah, I'm a very happy man. So, when people ask for my advice, I give it generously, and I don't bully or attack them in return. I have good manners  :)

Anyways, here's the link to the agency. I'm curious if anybody knows it or the woman owner. Just curiosity, and as plan B if my young flame fails the test. But she's doing very well. She's very direct, for one thing. I always complained to my Russian girls that they always use a double language, that they rarely tell it like it is. This is true. Like I said, my pretty young thing has a clear advantage now, for several reasons. I want to post their photos here (mom and daughter) but I won't.

So long. Need cups to not spill the venom, let me know and I'll send you some  ;D

By the way, a strong man does not need to verbally attack other men. This is a sign of bitterness or just hateful nature.

And I know you will object to her age, but there's nothing you can do. Because here, things are done as I want, and what you want or what you think (?!) is irrelevant and will be completely ignored, anyway.  :P

http://daisybride.com/

PS ... I came looking for friendly advice, I found very hostile bullies. So, not sure yet, but don't really feel like coming back. Negative stuff, I usually just discard and move on. I don't need advice wrapped in toxic materials.

So, even though you guys obviously lack in manners, I still wanted to say goodbye.

Your venom is going to harm your own souls, if it didn't do that already. So, repent, you vipers!  :D

A few tips you will not listen to..but others might

1/ Avoid agencies . I smiled when I saw daisybrides... fools and .money...I know someone with recent experience  of Oxana's outfit. But if they choose to join and repeat what they told me..  you would understand...

Again...for those who want to visit the FSU and not waste money...AVOID AGENCIES..

Lastly, Yup late twenties is FAR too young for you.

I know two guys in successful LTRs with such an age gap and they are calm and mature.

If my 27 year old turned up with you..I would have failed her re upbringing..

These coments are based on experience, mistakes and in your case..the observation that humility and common sense are in short supply.

That you WILL fail is near certain..You have an attitude issue to sound advice.

Please feel free to post wedding photos and anniversaries to prove us wrong.

Offline Davo

« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2019, 10:27:53 PM »
If you hang around for a while, you’ll actually find the exact opposite.... a friendly bunch of guys, especially privately. So many members have contacted me via pm and offered advice. Some are willing to spend hours on the phone giving their personal experiences and answering any question I have, no matter how rediculous.

I would make at least one trip, it’s an awesome experience and if you’re lucky you will find a wonderful woman. I’ve dated many local women, but have never experienced the kindness, affection, honesty and intelligence I’ve experienced with a women here.

I was woken at 8am yesterday, by my apartment intercom. She had woken early and cooked me a big stack of pancakes. Caught a taxi to the shops and bought cream and condensed milk, then taken the taxi to my apartment. I met her at the lifts, still half a sleep. Without 1 word she gave me a kiss, handed the pancakes over and darted back in the lift,  as she would have been late for work..... I’m like Wtf just happened. I must be dreaming. Tonight she’s cooking for me in my apartment.

I can’t belive I wasted 2 years of my life, after divorcing dating locally. My experience in Russia has affected me profoundly..... I would rather stay single for the rest of my life than settle for another Aussie woman. I’ve met many wonderful local women, but honestly there  is absolutely no comparison, if you find a good fsu woman.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:54:13 PM by Davo »

Offline Davo

« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2019, 11:11:26 PM »
If you decide to continue Franco, do some research. I found daisy brides on the scam lists. It looks to the the typical money making machine, not a place to find love, judging from one guys experience (Rick Weber, can give you his email if you want)...He was not chatting with the woman, but paid employees.

He talked to a woman for 6 months online.  then visited her.  She knew nothing about what they had discussed and didn’t even know where he lived. I’m guessing she was getting kick backs from the agency and had a nice (probably expensive) date at Ricks expense.

Pretty much like the guy on the love me doco. Wasted 10k chatting to agency employees and the real girl had no idea about him or his life. He knew he was getting scammed and still put a ring on her finger 10 minutes after meeting 😖

You would think they would be smarter and give her transcripts of the conversations, so it’s not so obvious he’s getting scammed.

Gives you an idea why guys are a little brutal here. There are so many scam agencies out there to fall prey of, you were probably about to fall victim to one. Tough love is needed to bring some people down to earth, when first starting out....... it’s a high risk high reward game as one far more experienced member told me.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:43:25 PM by Davo »

Offline Franco Rey

« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2019, 11:58:55 PM »
If you decide to continue Franco, do some research. I found daisy brides on the scam lists. It looks to the the typical money making machine, not a place to find love, judging from one guys experience. He was not chatting with the woman, but paid employees.

He talked to a woman for 6 months online.  then visited her.  She knew nothing about what they had discussed and didn’t even know where he lived. I’m guessing she was getting kick backs from the agency and had a nice week or so going on dates at the mans expense.

Pretty much like the guy on the love me doco. Wasted 10k chatting to agency employees and the real girl had no idea about him or his life. He knew he was getting scammed and still put a ring on her finger 10 minutes after meeting 😖

You would think they would be smarter and give her transcripts of the conversations, so it’s not so obvious he’s getting scammed.

Gives you an idea why guys are a little brutal here. There are so many scam agencies out there to fall prey of, you were probably about to fall victim to one. Tough love is needed to bring some people down to earth, when first starting out.

I thought you guys had it clear that I was only interested in the apartments she offered, and she said it's ok if I have my own date already and don't need her girls. Unless you think she could screw me with the apartment too. That tells me that renting an apt can be tricky, so maybe I'd be better off with a hotel room in the most luxurious hotel downtown. I don't think such a hotel would be tricky.

And, to my surprise, my girl said she's ok if I get a hotel room.

But I have a local temptation now, hard to resist. Talking about that. She's 18. That's not her 'late twenties' as someone said. It's not even her 20's.

It's more complicated than that. One of my russian girlfriends in vk she still would like me to go meet her. We've had some big fights over time, because of her jealousy mainly, but after two years she sticks to me. And she's so beautiful... you guys already saw her photo.

The vk exprience is despised here... Wrongly so... you can get to know girls intimately..  It is a big dating agency, without scammers. Girls active in the commujity, posting creative content, even creating music   with hundreds of friends cannot possibly be scammers. But you guys don't know that.  It is alien to your script, so you reject it.

I know the vk girls a lot better than I know the girl from Ukraine date  for example.

Right now, I don't know what I will do. But I may post photos of wedding, babies, vacations and all.
That will be my revenge against the sour lemons he he

I will see how it goes. May come back here at times. If you guys behave yourselves lol... Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:08:56 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2019, 12:04:37 AM »

They are being abrupt for a reason. I’ve spent the last two years here as a noobie and I’ve read almost all of the 4 main sections and there are so many horror stories and very broken men who get spat out the other side of the game. It’s far better to get advice, how ever brutal you may think it is, that’s not sugar coated. What you see as bullying is probably frustration at the revolving door of guys joining who know it all because they have chatted with a few fsu women online.

During my time here I’ve seen so many guys like you, arrive on the site on cloud nine, because they have all these attractive women showing them attention and it’s nothing like the harsh reality of online dating at home. Then they get given a reality check by members here. Some react badly and  never return and others take it on the chin with some humility and  grow from the experience..... be the last type of man, come back, ask questions with cap in hand and learn from the wisdom of the guys who have replied to you.

Don’t get me wrong, she’s a wonderful woman and her core qualities I saw online are exactly what I found in real life, but saying that the picture I had in my head of who she was online is vastly different from who she actually is in real life, despite honestly spending more time chatting with her, than I did with my ex of 20 years, when we finally met two weeks ago I found many new aspects of her personality, that online just couldn’t see. Luckily they were all good, but they could have easily been bad. It’s so easy to portray a false persona online.

Nice post
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2019, 12:27:30 AM »
Daisybrides is an overpriced agency. 100$ fee to meet a lady without translation  :cluebat:

And i don't like daisy "brides".

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmob

Re:Daisy Brides
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2019, 12:58:47 AM »
Can I do a 'Beel' and suggest a kind mod splits this off ..This one will have legs ;)

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2019, 01:48:00 AM »
Daisybrides is an overpriced agency. 100$ fee to meet a lady without translation  :cluebat:

And i don't like daisy "brides".

I've used them twice. I have used other agencies including one from their former parent company "The Angelika Network" This was from back as early is the year 2000. The former owner David Stickney (A legend in the MOB business) told me in video Skype that Daisybride was the only agency that can be trusted.

$100 introductory fee? No big deal. They got to make some money to pay for their office. Some of you guys are just plain cheapos  :crackwhip:   You are so tight you probably squeak when you walk (I still like you anyways)!

Success at that agency is just a matter of choosing the right lady and in my experience doing a WOVO (like Moby recommends). Choosing the right lady has been my shortfall.

One criticism I have of the agency is not all the women use current photos. I am looking for 50 plus years, so the bloom of youth is often not on my side for physical attraction. I towards them and not them towards me. (I am one of those lucky guys who looks 20 years younger than his age  :ROFL: )

Regards to the agency. They do PPL but do not recommend it but rather visiting the women and exchanging contact info at the meeting. I have seen LOTS of opportunities for the agency to play games but I have never seen them do it. The lady I last seen Tuesday night (I'm back home in Batumi Georgia now) in her first letter to me she told me she didn't like letter writing. This was the only letter to me she sent. She sent it to me through the agency. If the agency was playing games with PPL that would have been edited out. 

The lady? Oh Gosh. I would be proud to be seen with such a woman. Unfortunately she is a poor communicator to say the least. She hates to write and probably read so I only send photos of beautiful Batumi to her. One of oddest Slavic women I've ever met. I might have her visit me here in Batumi and see how it goes. Moby knows how cheap things cost here to entertain someone for less than a week. I have strong doubts things will work out.

Franco, sorry to see you go. You are right, people here give advice wrapped in sarcasm. I try not to do that. I got real mellow in my old age.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 01:52:01 AM by Maxx2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541308
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934