It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Chicken in Kiev  (Read 37434 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: The Chicken in Kiev
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2019, 03:42:08 PM »
If you know educated Ukrainians who speak English well, they will tell you they prefer "Kyiv" because they are Ukrainians.

It doesn't really matter what you find the "best".  It's what the people of that region desire that should govern.  It's disrespectful to not consider their wishes.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

I just do as I please, besides there are also Ukrainians who speak Russian/of Russian descent.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2019, 03:53:36 PM »
Wanted to put this thread in a more appropriate context than it might have looked. As said the trip to Kiev here was more an exploratory venture and on that front I learnt a fair bit so was somewhat successful. It was never a full on attempt to get a girl on any terms.

Other than learning about other possible techniques to work on using and more knowledge about Ukrainian society reflecting backI got an idea of more where I need to be as a person. I think that some guys myself included in this venture don't always realise where they fall short on the making a good partner/husband/potential father front, perhaps more so those of us like myself that have not had a family, married, etc.

I think the main thing is that I could get better set up in my life to deal with if I got a FSW come over here. Not so much the financial front, that of course and has been gone over on here by many forum members but more on the lifestyle front. That I really need  to develop more as at the moment in some areas I have a single guy mindset. Not that, that would hinder getting set up with a FSW here but that it's not really the established setup that is perhaps more necessary, moreso probably for someone my age in my early forties. I realised that there are aspects of UK life that a FSW would need a UK guy to be on top off as she would be relying on a UK guy 'much more' than a UK girl would. While I could generally sort this stuff I wouldn't necessarily be self reliant doing so on all of it and that's not really the position to be in. To sum up I need to be able to lead the way more than just moseying along as that is what a FSW would likely generally need of a guy when in the UK and at the moment I wouldn't necessarily be leading or being able to fulfill all that needs to be done in all aspects only some of them.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2019, 06:43:53 PM »
yes, your thoughts on this are correct
so what can you do to "improve yourself"?
any thoughts on this?

if I were at your age and in your position
I think I would play "all angles" and not put all my eggs in one basket
so don't just focus on Ukraine or Belarus, which looks like it might be a long shot for you
I'd keep trying in the UK, at least your efforts there don't require all the travel logistics
I'll repeat previous advice, have a female friend/relative "critique" you and point out your weak spots from a female perspective
join social groups, organizations, clubs, etc and network, network and start socially interacting more frequently
doesn't your family have a big social network?
my relatives in the UK do, if I were living there, I could easily use this network to meet wimmin

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2019, 11:14:12 PM »
Well done, Krimster!

You still have patience with Trench..

Trench, what do your friends think about your little trips? What do you tell them?...

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2019, 01:30:11 AM »
yes, your thoughts on this are correct
so what can you do to "improve yourself"?
any thoughts on this?

if I were at your age and in your position
I think I would play "all angles" and not put all my eggs in one basket
so don't just focus on Ukraine or Belarus, which looks like it might be a long shot for you
I'd keep trying in the UK, at least your efforts there don't require all the travel logistics
I'll repeat previous advice, have a female friend/relative "critique" you and point out your weak spots from a female perspective
join social groups, organizations, clubs, etc and network, network and start socially interacting more frequently
doesn't your family have a big social network?
my relatives in the UK do, if I were living there, I could easily use this network to meet wimmin

Too true Krim, well my family does not have a big social network, least of all my mother - she has none whatsoever save for her children and own family, brother, etc who she rarely sees, i.e my relatives. My father was better on the social front than my mother but the combination of being with her and work meant that dwindled to similar situation. He did use to get on well with work colleagues though, but he past a long while ago now.

That just leaves my brother and sister. My sister has a few but she has always been independent and likes to keep her own life, though I am on good terms with her I only see her a few times a year. My brother I am closer too but he only knows a few people, I have met them also and they are decent people.

Other than that my social circle is virtually non-existent. It's been a while since Uni so there are just aquantainces and work. I work a lot doing my own projects in addition to my job so I don't really have a lot of time to meet people and socialize a lot.

I think that's the problem though that in the past  I relied on the small social circle of other family members for stuff like getting references and getting stuff signed for passports, etc and of course a next door neighbour I was on good terms with for a long while who has since passed. I think that's the issue that I need to be more self reliant on the social front as it's not really great to be relying on the social circle of family members when needing to get stuff done for a FSW in the UK. I had a few thoughts on this while I was away and think I have more of an idea on what to do now. Generally this involves joining specific groups where I may meet the right people that may help me out in the above mentioned situations and similar as needs be and who I can get along with bring around and socializing with. I have some thoughts on this and will update shortly but right now need to rest :)

Offline msmob

Re: The Chicken in KYIV
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2019, 02:45:55 AM »
Well done, Trench, really !

This must have been a difficult post to put to paper ..

You need to work more days a week and find a hobby

While not do a job that involves more social interaction ? 

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2019, 06:50:43 AM »
Well done, Trench, really !

This must have been a difficult post to put to paper ..

You need to work more days a week and find a hobby

While not do a job that involves more social interaction ?

Thanks Mobe, apprieciate it :) Yeah, it wasn't the easiest post as I never really realised that I was weak in this area till I went away this time and saw the local competition, generally somewhat younger guys sat with their girls in Marinsky Park. They were quite smartly dressed and looked all together and are probably the best of what Kiev/Kyiv has to offer a young Kievian/Kyivian girl there. Odds are that they looked like the probably had their sh*t together and not weak in the areas I am. So I guess it focused me on what I have to offer a FSW, not so much what I do have to offer her and my strengths but more where I fall short and not look good to a FSW. Growing up as a kid I tended to rely on the odd few family contacts or Collage lecturers to help me out but as I grow older I should really be able to be more self sufficient on that front and that is likely what a FSW would expect.

Well to answer your question, the job I kind of get some social interaction which is better than none which can be the case in some jobs. This is probably good for me to some extent but it's not the sort of social interaction where my work life can extend into my social life. I could change my job but it's not always easy to find one with the right working environment where work life can extend into social life. Some office jobs for example vary, you can go into one company and it's all casual and friendly then you can go into another and it's all stiff and sterile and no one talks to each other and it's like you've been sentenced to sit out your days like a silent monk. Many of those places are just unpleasant places to be so at least it's friendly where I work at the moment.

I could do more hours and will probably look for such in the new year or even two part time jobs. At the moment I am finishing off converting my house and that will take about six months. It's at the critical stage where I need to keep a consistent income over the next three to four months and also time to commit to it so it's not left incomplete and looking a real mess. I'm about turning the corner on all of it now and getting to the more aesthetic tasks which will make the difference. In fact you raising this has got me thinking that holding onto my existing job while finding another more social job part time might be the best way to scout for another or a better job. In the past I have gone for jobs I thought would be lovely only to be chucking it in shortly after starting as I couldn't stand the job once I tried it. So keeping my existing job on for a bit may help to avoid ending up high and dry.

Hobbies and Interests a lot of people tend to punt forward when discussing the social sort of area. I've done stuff in the past, tried new things etc mostly for wanting to try them more than anything. I tend to find it's not really a big win socially for me doing that stuff, it can be fun and interesting to do though. I know what you're saying though it kind of at least shows a girl a more leisurely side to me than just work type of stuff & hanging out at home with family or TV.

That brings me to my idea of what to do, again it's not something I want to do for a number of months. The reason is Brexit, that I would want that done and out the way before doing so. I day this as I'm thinking about joining my local political party and hence I don't want immediate fallings out over Brexit. I'm not thinking of going regularly but more casually and informally should it look the right place/at ease doing so. So this will hopefully put me in touch with some casual meetings and contacts. If I can become familiar more with the local councillor then that would be handy for the stuff described above. I would like to be on genuine friendly terms with those I can feel at ease with.

So what party you may ask? Well while my family lives around the South of England and where I spend some of my time my property is in South Wales. So my local councillor is Labour and that is traditionally the party I feel closest affiliation too. Not to say I have always agreed with all of their policies or leaders, I was never a fan of Blair at all. I preferred Gordon Brown and Jeremy Corbyn much more even though on one or two areas I think Jeremy Corbyn is a bit back in the day.

Ideally then I need to join a party where the local councillor gets in regularly and is not a toss up between two political parties. For most regions of Wales that's nearly always Labour which is handy because it's where I feel closest affiliation too. Where my family lives it's a toss up between the Lib Dems and the Tories and neither I could be comfortable joining or as far as the Tories are concerned even voting for even if I do share similar outlook on one or two of their policies.

So that's really the state of play at the moment, I'm not looking to getting heavily involved with a political party but more as a casual social opportunity, maybe attend a few low key social events or activities they might offer and see how it goes. If I look into it and it seems too stiff & starchy I'll look elsewhere but at the moment it's not a bad idea I think.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:55:58 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline pitbull

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2019, 07:04:10 AM »
Well done, Krimster!

You still have patience with Trench..

Trench, what do your friends think about your little trips? What do you tell them?...
How can you even allow a thought the Trench has A friend let alone "friendS", after reading his posts?
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline pitbull

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2019, 07:06:02 AM »
Thanks Move, appreciate it :) Yeah, it wasn't the easiest post as I never really realised that I was weak in this area till I went away this time and saw the local competition, generally somewhat younger guys sat with their girls in Marinsky Park. They were quite smartly dressed and looked all together and are probably the best of what Kiev/Kyiv has to offer a young Kievian/Kyivian girl there. Odds are that they looked like the probably had their sh*t together and not weak in the areas I am. So I guess it focused me on what I have to offer a FSW, not so much what I do have to offer her and my strengths but more where I fall short and not look good to a FSW. Growing up as a kid I tended to rely on the odd few family contacts or Collage lecturers to help me out but as I grow older I should really be able to be more self sufficient on that front and that is likely what a FSW would expect.

Well to answer your question, the job I kind of get some social interaction which is better than none which can be the case in some jobs. This is probably good for me to some extent but it's not the sort of social interaction where my work life can extend into my social life. I could change my job but it's not always easy to find one with the right working environment where work life can extend into social life. Some office jobs for example vary, you can go into one company and it's all casual and friendly then you can go into another and it's all stiff and sterile and no one talks to each other and it's like you've been sentenced to sit out your days like a silent monk. Many of those places are just unpleasant places to be so at least it's friendly where I work at the moment.

I could do more hours and will probably look for such in the new year or even two part time jobs. At the moment I am finishing off converting my house and that will take about six months. It's at the critical stage where I need to keep a consistent income over the next three to four months and also time to commit to it so it's not left incomplete and looking a real mess. I'm about turning the corner on all of it now and getting to the more aesthetic tasks which will make the difference. In fact you raising this has got me thinking that holding onto my existing job while finding another more social job part time might be the best way to scout for another or a better job. In the past I have gone for jobs I thought would be lovely only to be chucking it in shortly after starting as I couldn't stand the job once I tried it. So keeping my existing job on for a bit may help to avoid ending up high and dry.

Hobbies and Interests a lot of people tend to punt forward when discussing the social sort of area. I've done stuff in the past, tried new things etc mostly for wanting to try them more than anything. I tend to find it's not really a big win socially for me doing that stuff, it can be fun and interesting to do though. I know what you're saying though it kind of at least shows a girl a more leisurely side to me than just work type of stuff & hanging out at home with family or TV.

That brings me to my idea of what to do, again it's not something I want to do for a number of months. The reason is Brexit, that I would want that done and out the way before doing so. I day this as I'm thinking about joining my local political party and hence I don't want immediate fallings out over Brexit. I'm not thinking of going regularly but more casually and informally should it look the right place/at ease doing so. So this will hopefully put me in touch with some casual meetings and contacts. If I can become familiar more with the local councillor then that would be handy for the stuff described above. I would like to be on genuine friendly terms with those I can feel at ease with.

So what party you may ask? Well while my family lives around the South of England and where I spend some of my time my property is in South Wales. So my local councillor is Labour and that is traditionally the party I feel closest affiliation too. Not to say I have always agreed with all of their policies or leaders, I was never a fan of Blair at all. I preferred Gordon Brown and Jeremy Corbyn much more even though on one or two areas I think Jeremy Corbyn is a bit back in the day.

Ideally then I need to join a party where the local councillor gets in regularly and is not a toss up between two political parties. For most regions of Wales that's nearly always Labour which is handy because it's where I feel closest affiliation too. Where my family lives it's a toss up between the Lib Dems and the Tories and neither I could be comfortable joining or as far as the Tories are concerned even voting for even if I do share similar outlook on one or two of their policies.

So that's really the state of play at the moment, I'm not looking to getting heavily involved with a political party but more as a casual social opportunity, maybe attend a few low key social events or activities they might offer and see how it goes. If I look into it and it seems too stiff & starchy I'll look elsewhere but at the moment it's not a bad idea I think.
OMG, you are SOOO aspie!
Dude, it is too late, you are in your forties. You either have or  not by this age. You do not AND you are an aspie. It is not going to happen for ya, sorry.

Online krimster2

« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2019, 08:29:52 AM »
I have Asperger's and have a close personal friend Bill Gross (google, if you don't know who he is) who is also an Aspie
we are nearly identical in our aspects of not being neurotypical
except we collect different things
we also both have great families...

however, when I was younger, I went to therapy to help get my external symptoms under control
counting, repetitive behavior, rhyming oddball speech...
after that, no one other than family and friends knew I have Asperger's and some amount of eccentricity in scientists/engineers is considered normal

there's a trade-off for being an Aspie, if you're lucky like Bill Gross and myself
it's the Aspie that makes you successful as opposed to it being an obstacle for success
people have a lot of misconceptions about Autism Spectrum Disorder of which Asperger's is a part
Asperger's are very high functioning I have a very high level of emotional intelligence

Aspies however, are prone to develop a rigid, inflexible style of living
and once they develop a routine, are reluctant to change it
I once ate the same thing for lunch every day, for a couple of years in a row
and had no problem with that!

so if someone like Trench were to get into a socially isolated style of living
once that pattern gets set, it's tough for him to break it
that's why it's easier for him to go to Ukraine and try then it is at home

Pitbull, please don't tell me you're a mental health care provider
if so, your bedside manner could use some work
but I still think you'd make a great gulag guard

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:49:48 PM by krimster2 »

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2019, 09:09:35 AM »
How can you even allow a thought the Trench has A friend let alone "friendS", after reading his posts?

I've had the odd friend here and there in the past like when at uni. Most of the time it is more friendly aquantainces or loose aquantainces. People move on over time and loose touch. Generally I am closer to my family then I have ever been with other people. I'm not particularly socially skilled when it comes to socializing with others and don't tend to have lots of time on my hands to do so anyway. Like I say I tend to be closest to my Brother and hanged out with him a lot so we were like close friends also. End of the day we are all different and most tend to have strengths and weaknesses.

To be honest I've never been a groupie sort of guy but more an individual. That doesn't bother me so much as hanging around others like I'm chained up to them would do my head in. As would talking about nothing in particular for a long period of time while nothing productive happens. I tend to enjoy lots of shortish conversations over time that end when anything meaningful has been said. I'm not the only guy around like this I have met and know of others that are similar minded.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2019, 09:26:46 AM »
OMG, you are SOOO aspie!
Dude, it is too late, you are in your forties. You either have or  not by this age. You do not AND you are an aspie. It is not going to happen for ya, sorry.

I'm not an Aspie, if I thought I was I would have no problem admitting to it. I know it's a kind of spectrum disorder that has various symptoms so is not always easy to diagnose. However after looking at the symptoms and taking online tests none to little of it relates to me. I of course come out in that direction on the online tests but not near enough the boundary line to be one. I have no real obsessive tendancies, I can be enthusiastic when it comes to topics I enjoy but I can switch off and take time out and not dedicate my whole self to the task. I have never had any reptative or rhyming issues like Krim. Most people do some stuff with repetition like in certain jobs. Any reptative stuff I do is because there is usually a sound underlying reason for it, or at work I try whenever possible to park in the same spot nearest the door so less far to walk so quicker getting in & out, etc.

With me I think it's just a case where my mother has genes where she is not very good in social settings and she past those genes onto me than any specific disorder. Different people vary in the time alone they need and in how outgoing they are or the feel of needing to want to be with others. Some people have the opposite problem where they are too clingy and fear not being around someone just for the sake of it and that can be a turn off in relationships as well  particularly for guys if they are seen as needy by a girl. So at least that is one problem I don't have.

I think that solutions like I have ventured can solve the issues I have. I don't really feel the need for having loads of people contacting me all the time, it would get inconvenient and a little irritating after a while. I just need a bit more going on in the social side of things including contacts where not a lot is going on at the moment. It's a weakness but one I think I can rectify a bit without having to go overboard.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2019, 10:11:48 AM »
I'm not an Aspie, if I thought I was I would have no problem admitting to it. I know it's a kind of spectrum disorder that has various symptoms so is not always easy to diagnose. However after looking at the symptoms and taking online tests none to little of it relates to me. I of course come out in that direction on the online tests but not near enough the boundary line to be one. I have no real obsessive tendancies, I can be enthusiastic when it comes to topics I enjoy but I can switch off and take time out and not dedicate my whole self to the task. I have never had any reptative or rhyming issues like Krim. Most people do some stuff with repetition like in certain jobs. Any reptative stuff I do is because there is usually a sound underlying reason for it, or at work I try whenever possible to park in the same spot nearest the door so less far to walk so quicker getting in & out, etc.

With me I think it's just a case where my mother has genes where she is not very good in social settings and she past those genes onto me than any specific disorder. Different people vary in the time alone they need and in how outgoing they are or the feel of needing to want to be with others. Some people have the opposite problem where they are too clingy and fear not being around someone just for the sake of it and that can be a turn off in relationships as well  particularly for guys if they are seen as needy by a girl. So at least that is one problem I don't have.

I think that solutions like I have ventured can solve the issues I have. I don't really feel the need for having loads of people contacting me all the time, it would get inconvenient and a little irritating after a while. I just need a bit more going on in the social side of things including contacts where not a lot is going on at the moment. It's a weakness but one I think I can rectify a bit without having to go overboard.
This is not a matter of admitting or not admitting it. not all aspies are rigid and have repetitive behaviors at all. ALL of them are socially impaired on some level. You just do not relate to people, humans, in a neurotypical way. You simply don't get it, and you should have received therapy long ago.  You should find a really good therapist/neurologist specializing in Aspie adults and receive it now, maybe after that something could change for the better for you. All your plans to improve in your area of deficiency that you described in the latest posts scream aspie and just won't work.

Online krimster2

« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2019, 10:29:11 AM »
Trench, many people on the spectrum have great relationships with others
I am blessed to be one of them
conversely, many people who are neurotypical like PittBull for example
are overtly antisocial and don't know how to work and play well with others

Trench..

seek and ye shall find...
just get out of your rut, don't be afraid to make changes, like moving to a better location, for example...

Offline pitbull

« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2019, 10:34:46 AM »
Trench, many people on the spectrum have great relationships with others
I am blessed to be one of them
conversely, many people who are neurotypical like PittBull for example
are overtly antisocial and don't know how to work and play well with others

Trench..

seek and ye shall find...
just get out of your rut, don't be afraid to make changes, like moving to a better location, for example...

Yes one could compensate for own inadequacy by buying other people’s affection like krimster.

Trench doesn’t have the $ to buy himself a wife that would put up
With him though

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2019, 11:06:24 AM »
My 2 cents as I can no longer fight the urge to help :D 

Firstly, doesn’t matter if you can be diagnosed as aspie or not, you have enough autistic traits where social interactions/relationships are concerned. I wouldn’t bother with therapy as you either need to be officially diagnosed or be paying for it and you don’t really have budget for it.

Secondly I have Asperger and done fairly well for myself, I read a lot, watched people interact a lot and basically done a lot of work on myself which improved my life tremendously. (I also have a fairly sociable partner who helps me a lot but that’s not relevant for you).

I would say that politics might not be ideal as by definition there could be disagreements etc and at your way of how you interact with people you will severely p@@@ss people off...

Pick up dancing, anything social, salsa, tango, ceroc, west coast swing etc. Anything that does not require having a set partner.

1. Social dancing has more women than men and therefore men are precious. You could be as awkward as you like they will still be friendly to you.
2. You can spend as much or as little money as you please. Starting from £8 for a weekly class, that will be enough to take you out once a week and create wide social circle.
3.You can talk as much as you please as well. In fact you can say as little as few hellos in the whole evening and still have fantastic time. You do not have to try, women will talk to you, if you feel connection you can talk, if not you don’t really have to and you will not be considered rude.

4. Every single dancing man I know had dates,,,it’s very easy to become friends due to nature of the hobby, it just opens people up very quickly...

5. It’s damn enjoyable, you just need to overcome unevitable shyness at the start but one of your obvious virtues is you are persistent so should be no problems there...

Just give it a try!

In no time you will have a wide social circle and most of them will be women! (As again by nature of the hobby you will know a lot of women as you
‘D be dancing with them...) if you pick up ceroc there is a culture of women asking men to dance and overall friendliness...you literally need to sit on your bum looking clean and they will be asking you to dance...your age will also be a big plus, most people dancing ceroc in the uk are around that age.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:12:37 AM by Ranetka »
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Online krimster2

« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2019, 11:32:37 AM »
cool...
thanks for coming forward!!!!
DANCING!!!
that's an EXCELLENT suggestion for Trench!!!
and fun as well, least I thought so...

I have a cousin who lives in the UK, and he tells me the area where I think Trench lives the East Midlands, is literally the worst place in the UK for meeting women
in the USA, it was the "Bay Area" right below San Francisco, which of course is where I happened to live when I was single
it was much harder for guys there, but when I was in either Manhattan or Washington DC, dating was easy
HUGE contrast, my cousin who was from the midlands originally, moved to London, and he says opportunities for meeting women is much better there, he's married now...
something you need to consider Trench, break out of your rut man, change who you are, by changing where you live
move someplace better!!!

Offline ML

« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2019, 11:33:30 AM »

1. Social dancing has more women than men and therefore men are precious. You could be as awkward as you like they will still be friendly to you.

4. Every single dancing man I know had dates,,,it’s very easy to become friends due to nature of the hobby, it just opens people up very quickly...

Over the past years, I have heard from 3 single men in 45-60 age group who have gone on vacation cruises.
They could dance.  Once the women discovered that, they had more female dance partners of all ages than they could handle.  And Ranetka is correct, the women sought out the men.

The downside:  For most of the women . . . dancing was more appealing to them than sex with a man.
Of course women can have orgasms while dancing, so many of them had enjoyed dancing and sex at the same time . . . while leaving the men high and dry with blue balls.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Ranetka

« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2019, 11:39:36 AM »
Over the past years, I have heard from 3 single men in 45-60 age group who have gone on vacation cruises.
They could dance.  Once the women discovered that, they had more female dance partners of all ages than they could handle.  And Ranetka is correct, the women sought out the men.

The downside:  For most of the women . . . dancing was more appealing to them than sex with a man.
Of course women can have orgasms while dancing, so many of them had enjoyed dancing and sex at the same time . . . while leaving the men high and dry with blue balls.

Well if he starts thinking every dancing partner wants to have sex with him he’d become a pariah very soon. Nothing more disgusting than that on the dance floor....But for building social networks and meeting lots of women some of whom might be interested in him it is the best hobby I can think of.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Online krimster2

« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2019, 11:44:39 AM »
I have a Russian friend who lives in Houston, a little over age 50
this is EXACTLY how he meets the ladies, and if you live in a large city, there are an equally large number of these places to check out
he does quite well there

then Trench, I think it's Friday afternoon when they have the dance contests in Shevchenko Park!!!
go and knock em out man...

practice your charm Trench, learn how to smile
despite being diagnosed with Asperger's I really don't have any problem "connecting" with people and I would doubt you would if you found a compatible person
the problem as I see it, is you have a tendency to live alone and isolated and you've grown comfortable with that
and this environment doesn't provide you with enough social contacts so you could find someone compatible
and with a lack of social experience you have to struggle more...

the solution, hit the reset button Trench, move to London me bruv
yeah, I'm sure it won't be easy
but truth is usually on the side of that which is the most difficult

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:53:38 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »
Nothing more disgusting than that on the dance floor....

Oh, I suspect much more disgusting things have happened on dance floors.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Ranetka

« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2019, 11:46:10 AM »
One more time as a warning. Social dancing is not equal to night club. It is a hobby to meet people, not for hook up. Men who try to pick women up become known and avoided very soon. It’s a small world, dancing. Just thought i’d Clarify what I actually mean. But I honestly think it’s the best way for a socially awkward man to meet lots of women.

Offline Ranetka

« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2019, 11:46:47 AM »
Oh, I suspect a lot more disgusting things have happened on dance floors.

You suspect but I actually know.

Online krimster2

« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2019, 12:07:18 PM »
Ranetka,
if you don't mind me asking, what's it like growing up Aspie in Russia?
did you have conflicts with parents, peers, were you bullied for being different when you were younger?
do you also have some kind of skill or talent that's not neurotypical?
also curious about your family history
and how it may possibly relate to you being an Aspie...
I'm gonna make a wild prediction, that there's something, some variation from what is "typical" in Russia
was your mother one ethnicity and your father another for instance (not that that would be abnormal in Russia)
hope I'm not prying, I sometimes have difficulty understanding social boundaries  :)

Offline msmob

« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2019, 12:27:04 PM »

Well if he starts thinking every dancing partner wants to have sex with him he’d become a pariah very soon.

Thank Goodness...

As I read this thread SC called from a dance outside in the grounds of a nearby Sochi resort hotel... ( it's very warm there, tonight )

Judging by the video link, the guys were out numbered 5 to 1

When she gyrated with her friends I was passed from lady e to have a virtual dance with as I prepared supper.))

If she doesn't call, soon - I guess she met a guy who could move ..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:30:14 PM by msmob »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1884
Total: 1896

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM