It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Appropriate age range  (Read 13069 times)

Offline Golfandwine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Appropriate age range
« on: May 03, 2016, 07:25:31 PM »

I am a 68 year old male who appears a little younger (60). What is an appropriate age range for women to be interested in a relationship with me?

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Appropriate age range
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 07:46:03 PM »
40 and up ; assuming you have some money and are in good health .

You have to decide if you want a woman with, or without children; you can find both.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »
the only rule - is that there are no rules.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 08:37:51 PM »

Men chase women but women choose the man. Chase the women you want and they will determine if you're appropriate at age 68 or expired.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline cc3

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 01:34:23 AM »
Men chase women but women choose the man. Chase the women you want and they will determine if you're appropriate at age 68 or expired.

When I began my search in eastern Europe (at first former Warsaw Pact countries, then, a few years later, FSU, primarily Ukraine) ten years ago, I was looking for educated women of about 50 years old, at the youngest. I was finally chosen by she who is now my Ukrainian wife when she was 37.

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 04:03:16 AM »

I am a 68 year old male who appears a little younger (60). What is an appropriate age range for women to be interested in a relationship with me?

I'm 62, a retired American and living in Tbilisi, Georgia since late November. Not the State, but the Republic. I figure when I am ready to pull the trigger I'll be looking at 40 on up. Closer to 50 makes me less nervous. I was married to a Russian woman before with a 14 year age gap. The key isn't so much the age difference but the maturity difference. If she's 45 but yearns to stay 17 forever you will have a problem. As cc3 says they often choose you. If you can live over here that would be the way to go.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:28:44 AM »

I'm 62, a retired American and living in Tbilisi, Georgia since late November. Not the State, but the Republic.

How are the women in Georgia compared to ukraine/russia?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:37:48 AM by dragonkid »
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 06:38:58 AM »

They mostly have two.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 06:59:12 AM »

A larger percentage of virgins.

Offline Steamer

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 07:09:31 AM »

Personally I would stay between 55 and 60 because it's better to have a partner that's at the same stage of life as you.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 08:05:25 AM »

Personally I would stay between 55 and 60 because it's better to have a partner that's at the same stage of life as you.

I'm with Steamer here. There are plenty of good ladies in the 50 to 60 age range.  :welcome:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline jone

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 08:40:33 AM »
Not only that, they'll laugh at your jokes.  (Well, if they get them, which with an FSUW is sometimes doubtful.)
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 08:49:30 AM »

At that age range, there are so many available FSUW that he could just search 55 year old
FSUW and be overwhelmed by the quality and quantity.

My wife is 13 years younger than me
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 09:16:18 AM »

I'm not saying this to piss you off Golf but, forget how young you think you look. We all see an 18 year old stud muffin when we look in the mirror but, it doesn't matter. I generally advise a newbie to start at the same age range he dates at home. You could very easily date 10 years young than that and be on the same mental/intellectual level. Given your age I would venture you could easily find a 45+ interested in you. Any younger than the and you'd likely be fooling yourself and asking for trouble.

Sure there are some 25-30+ year age gaps on here and there's also plenty that use to be on here that don't exist anymore. That said, there are exceptions. Also as I advise, if you're feeling lucky go to Vegas or buy a lottery ticket. If you are wanting to find a loving partner for the rest of your years, keep it real.

Offline cc3

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »
I'm with Steamer here. There are plenty of good ladies in the 50 to 60 age range.  :welcome:

Actually, over 50 ladies have a definite pro-CCCP mindset according to my wife, who was just young enough to have escaped the mental chains of soviet propaganda; she graduated secondary school in Ukraine as the CCCP dissolved. She said "Proshchai, Komsomol", and became a staunch Ukrainian patriot.

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 09:30:23 AM »
An important factor to consider regarding the appropriate age range for the woman is . . .

are you interested in sex now . . . and how many years into the future will you be interested in having sex - with someone other than yourself.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 09:31:30 AM »
Regarding age and looks . . .

People can't believe that I am actually 15 years younger than I look.

Offline Gator

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 12:03:05 PM »
Golfandwine,

Welcome!  Good name, I an avid golfer and really enjoy fine wine.  I am a little older than you and have a very active wife 22 years younger than me.  I find our relationship very fulfilling, and  I hope you are as lucky as me.   

An age disparity greater than 10-15 years is pushing the envelope.  If greater than 15 years, you need to spend much time together to confirm the relationship is genuine, loving and enduring. 

Some considerations:

1.  Are you physically fit, not for 68 but for 60?  You need to be fit enough to walk your RW into the ground.   At age 68, how many quality years do you have remaining?  Keep in mind that you should not marry until 2-3 years after you meet her.

2.  You need to share many common interests with whomever you choose.  Do you want to play golf with her or with your buddies?  Does she enjoy wine?  Even if she says she enjoys travel, is it the same manner of traveling that you enjoy.  I used to relish adventure traveling and roughing it.  At my advanced age, I now demand creature comforts.  My wife and I would have been incompatible 15 years ago.   Conversation should be high on your list, and this was a problem for the first few years of meeting because her English was weak. 

3.  Unless you want to make new friends at home, what will be the reaction of your friends?

4.  Are you and the RW in the same stage of life?  Younger RW may not be ready to stay at home and will want to start a career.  Even though my wife has succeeded in three careers (professional athlete, fashion modeling, and salon), she still wanted to try a new career after moving to America. 

5.   If you marry a woman in her 40s, you may have to later endure her menopause when you just want a little quiet and peace.

6.   Is her father older than you?  If not her friends may call you her grandfather.  A woman who sees you as a father figure is not healthy in my opinion.  I am younger than my wife's father by seven years, and he and I are vodka drinking brothers.   

7.   ML's point about sex is important.  RW can be rather demanding regarding sex. 

8.   How patient are you?  A number of men your age seem to have little patience.  A RW of any age requires much patience, especially during her first two years of adjusting to America. 

If you think about it, you probably will have many more ideal candidates for you who are AW, many with money. 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:05:19 PM by Gator »

Offline ML

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 06:39:54 PM »

7.   ML's point about sex is important.  RW can be rather demanding regarding sex. 

Your point is also valid, and would be a consideration if he has a low interest or ability in sex and chose a much younger woman; but I was thinking about it from the opposite perspective.

i.e.  The closer he chooses a woman to his own age . . . the less interest (could even be zero or negative) she will have in sex . . . on average.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 10:43:51 PM »

You asked...

In Georgia the women for the most part don't date, they court. When they do they are either accompanied by their 'Patroni', a male member of their family or by their family mostly woman and usually a man or two 'the patroni.' In the big cities this is relaxed a bit.

Of course times are changing here and the traditional patriarchal society is softening and becoming more like the West but still has a long ways to go.

[/size]The South Caucasus state of Georgia has a reputation for being a staunchly patriarchal society. But 21st century realities are starting to chip away at the country’s male-first pecking order, experts say.
[/size]Custom has long cast Georgian men as wage-earners, the unchallenged heads of households and the upholders of familial honor. But some rights advocates, including Mamuka Gachechiladze, say a gradual shift is underway, with men slowly assuming an increasing share of domestic responsibilities. “
  • f course there is still a difference between a man’s 24-hour [day] and a woman’s 24-hour [day] … but the situation is changing,” said Gachechiladze, a trainer at the Women Information Center in Tbilisi.[/size][/font]
    [/size]

[/size]and
[/size]

[/size]Stereotypes concerning gender roles still run deep in Georgia: children are taught from an early age to associate certain toys, games, colors – even songs – with gender. Cleaning, cooking, taking out the trash and taking care of babies are all seen to be firmly in the realm of women’s work.
[/size]Survey data suggests that Georgian women aren’t exactly clamoring for change. Makharashvili noted that in a recent UNDP survey, published in November 2013, 88 percent of the 1,760 Georgians queried agreed that in an ideal situation, men should be the sole breadwinner in a family. When it comes to cooking, 93 percent of women acknowledged being the preparer of meals, and focus groups found that the general attitude among Georgian women was that men shouldn’t have a role in the kitchen. The responses were similar for most chores traditionally assumed to women, from cleaning to taking care of children.
[/size]“Mothers are usually very conservative,” Makharashvili said. “That is a fact, and we cannot run away from that.”
[/size]

You can read more here about gender roles:  http://www.eurasianet.org/node/67914

Here is a link about sex in Georgia with all the little details. It was written by a female TLG worker http://www.tlg.gov.ge . There is a LOT of comments in the comment section to check out: http://peripateticpedagogue.wordpress.com/2011/10/09/sex-in-georgia-the-anniversary/

[/size]In Georgia, relationships do in fact carry more of an expectation of marriage from a much earlier point. Relationships are indeed expected to have less physical intimacy – and since sexual intercourse is only for married people and oral sex is only for whores, Georgians who date each other have to either brazenly violate social taboos or limit themselves to cutesy G-rated eyelash-batting nonsense, which is often cited as the reason why so many Georgians get married at such a young age.[/color]

Here is an interesting comment from a Georgian woman:

[/size][/color]

[/size]You know, it’s interesting when you mention that Georgian men won’t (by and large) marry a non-virgin. It’s true (minus the younger generation in big cities..), but I notice that it’s only true if the woman is a Georgian. Georgian men have been marrying Russian and Ukrainian women for decades, and they are not virgins before they get married – in their culture, premarital sex is natural, and common. So maybe this just applies to Georgian women?[/color]
[/size]Well it’s good to know that Georgian women have a good reputation:)[/color]
[/size]I think Georgian women are more desirable for foreigners than Georgian men are because more is expected of us, in every way: be beautiful, cook, clean, work, make good grades, take care of your and your husbands’ family, be welcoming, be smart, be loyal, know how to walk the whole day in 5 inch heels, but most important: be feminine! So we live up to those expectations, and add in the fact that as a people we want foreigners to like our country….and there you go…Georgian women are liked (or at least admired) by most men.[/color]
[/size][/color]

Offline Muzh

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 09:50:56 AM »

A sizzling-hot 22-year old model. I'd rather go down in flames.  >:D
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 11:29:09 PM »

You asked...

In Georgia the women for the most part don't date, they court. When they do they are either accompanied by their 'Patroni', a male member of their family or by their family mostly woman and usually a man or two 'the patroni.' In the big cities this is relaxed a bit.

+100

That has been my experience and opinion as well. Unless you are willing
to move to Georgia for at least a year or two, I would recommend that
most menlook in the other FSU countries.

Maxx has moved there and spent most of his time acclimating and learning
about the people and the culture and he has the right attitude to succeed
there. 

Tsarmatebebi! (that's Georgian for good luck)
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online Lily

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 01:24:58 PM »
Golfandwine,   :welcome:

Welcome to my fellow Canadian!  :clapping:

In my view as a Russian woman:

BillyB gave you the best advice.

Gator outlined the considerations in a best way.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190