It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Third Time Lucky in Kiev  (Read 45839 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« on: May 23, 2017, 07:45:32 AM »
 :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Bigtex

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 09:02:24 AM »
Congrats!!!!!! Surely there's more to the story

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 09:30:35 AM »
Congrats!!!!!! Surely there's more to the story

I'm sure there is.

There is also a small peanut gallery contingent here that would micro- analyze every
word he said and turn it around and say he is being ___________ enter negative
conclusion/situation here.

While it would be great to hear the story, Trench is being careful not to feed the
peanut gallery. I am glad that Trench had a productive trip as well. I hope he
continues to be cautiously optimistic and keeps the relationship progressing.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 11:05:13 AM »
I think Trench received good advice from the peanut gallery in the past.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 01:32:24 PM »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 04:18:54 PM »
I think Trench received good advice from the peanut gallery in the past.

I am sure he did. I gave him my advice/opinion several times and who
knows maybe he might have even followed one or two things, but he got
beat up a time or two (or ten) as well.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 07:15:09 PM »
I am sure he did. I gave him my advice/opinion several times and who knows maybe he might have even followed one or two things, but he got beat up a time or two (or ten) as well.

Often because he showed that he's cheap and "greedy," and also because he posted so much stuff as absolute fact when it was surmise at best - and downright rubbish at worst.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 05:29:59 PM »
Often because he showed that he's cheap and "greedy," and also because he posted so much stuff as absolute fact when it was surmise at best - and downright rubbish at worst.

I don't disagree that he did all of the above.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 05:36:49 PM »
I don't disagree that he did all of the above.

That is not to say that I don't wish him well in eventually finding the woman of his dreams, whether in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Odesa (or Timbuctoo if it comes to that).  It just might take a bit longer than he thought.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 10:03:36 PM »

Trench, I don't know about your country but in America if you met a woman and got lucky, it means you had sex with her.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 07:26:24 AM »
Trench, I don't know about your country but in America if you met a woman and got lucky, it means you had sex with her.

I thought getting lucky meant that you got away.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Third Time Lucky in Kiev
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »
I thought getting lucky meant that you got away.

FSUW don't do vague

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 03:27:40 PM »
God help her.  ;D

Cheers Wall, appreciate it, lol
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 03:34:39 PM »
I'm sure there is.

There is also a small peanut gallery contingent here that would micro- analyze every
word he said and turn it around and say he is being ___________ enter negative
conclusion/situation here.

While it would be great to hear the story, Trench is being careful not to feed the
peanut gallery. I am glad that Trench had a productive trip as well. I hope he
continues to be cautiously optimistic and keeps the relationship progressing.

Udachi!

Bill

Cheers Bill, your right, I'm happy in the place where I am at the moment, in fact couldn't be happier :) So keeping the story out of sniper range on here suits me and glad you agree its best too, many thanks. Plus no longer got time to argue as busy in relationship with girl ;D

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 03:47:49 PM »

Admittedly some of conclusions I reached were off the mark and experience can often gives better insight than surmising. That said, I think the surmising and consequent correction & input from those more experienced than myself on here helped me get a better idea of how things work in FSU dating. If I did not have this I think I would have been all at sea in a sense of confusion for some time.

I now feel pretty capable of leading the relationship forward. However, I think its fair to say there are still the odd situations that emerge that take some navigating in areas I am still a little unsure off. So not completely there yet but happy in the relationship that has come about. She's a sweet girl, genuine & authentic and seems to be really into me & vice versa and that takes us a long way I feel without having to work at the relationship just move forward as necessary. 

Offline Bigtex

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 05:33:54 PM »
Trench, if you ever decide to share, I'd love to hear the story. Comments about pit falls and train wrecks just makes the success story that much better for those of us that are just starting out.

Offline wallm

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 06:29:42 PM »
Cheers Wall, appreciate it, lol

So, what is the wait for? Spill the beans... :D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
Trench, if you ever decide to share, I'd love to hear the story.

Although he left out details of the wine and dine part of the date he cut to the end and said he got lucky.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 08:27:00 PM »
Comments about pit falls and train wrecks just makes the success story that much better for those of us that are just starting out.

Not trying to be negative at all, but . . . it takes no big effort to get an FSU gal to date you or even marry you.  So I don't deem such a 'success' story.

Real success can be claimed years and years later, if the two of you survive each other.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 08:50:05 AM »
Trench, if you ever decide to share, I'd love to hear the story. Comments about pit falls and train wrecks just makes the success story that much better for those of us that are just starting out.

Well Bigtex, I started this journey like yourself about 18  months ago, so not long ago at all, about December 2016 getting on a pay monthly website and messaging girls in the run up to Christmas and thereafter. I used different dating sites over time. I think I got lucky, she messaged me first, I really liked her pics she's very beautiful but knowing from my short experience at this there's a hell of more to it than pretty pictures which tend not to be of help when determining if a girl is into you I was cautious. Anyway, so skype, messaging & meeting and it turns out there is mutual chemistry & attraction both ways :D After the wash out of the first girl I met last year on this front I couldn't be happier. That's the downside of a visit one approach if there's not chemistry there its a real bummer- you can still have a nice holiday with the girl but that's not really what you're there for. You can ditch girl & look around while there but this can be hard and awkward if she's not resident in that city. For me though visit one has worked out on the second/third attempt so despite it seeming the most bone headed way to go about things it can work.

I'm not going to go into the in's & outs of my time with the girl here, not for now at least anyway, not as a blow by blow account. The most important thing I think I can impart from my experience is that, the FSU is full of attractive women, many of them single, the hard part is finding the one for you, one you feel a real connection to and mutual attraction/chemistry with rather than an attractive woman where there is no feeling that you're made for one another. The girl I am with there is a genuine feeling I get from her that she longs to be with me, for me this is a whole new world and a refreshing one. That's the type of feeling I suggest you look for when in contact with these women, if its not there then move on as you're just wasting time on the wrong woman otherwise.

The other thing is to commit, commit to getting on a plane and meeting these women, getting experience is important as things I have found work differently there than what you might think sat the other side of a keyboard hearing stuff. Then follow through with this commitment once you've found the girl - this is what I am working on now as I want to be with her permanently and nothing will happen unless I take action, like when I did getting on a plane. That's the best advice I think I can give you from this, others here are more experienced than me so know a lot more than me, but that is what I have discovered from all this and I think many of them have told me similar in the past.

Offline Bigtex

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 09:17:53 AM »
ML you say easy? I've been on elenasmodels a month and 90% of my email never gets read 5% reject me without looking at my profile and 5% read the mail but never respond.

30 days in and I've communicated with no one. I'm starting to feel like a leper. I'd think I'm at least worth a scammers time. 😂

Nice post trench!  Again congrats and I wish you the life and love you've been seeking.

Offline wallm

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 09:20:42 AM »
Not trying to be negative at all, but . . . it takes no big effort to get an FSU gal to date you or even marry you.  So I don't deem such a 'success' story.

Real success can be claimed years and years later, if the two of you survive each other.

That is true. See, ML does have good advice when he is not trying hard to be funny.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »
ML you say easy? I've been on elenasmodels a month and 90% of my email never gets read 5% reject me without looking at my profile and 5% read the mail but never respond.

30 days in and I've communicated with no one. I'm starting to feel like a leper. I'd think I'm at least worth a scammers time. 😂

Nice post trench!  Again congrats and I wish you the life and love you've been seeking.

You will have more FSUW reject you because you are African American.  It will be tougher for you than for a Caucasian.

ML is correct.  The true test is whether the woman stays with you when she is independently secure.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »
So, what is the wait for? Spill the beans... :D

What about you Wall, how's things going with you're girl? Do you find being apart a real pain? I'm finding messaging and Skype while being something is kind of a cruel irony in that your kind of in contact with your girl but cannot be with her which is where you want to be, so hard in a way. Plus she only has her camera phone for Skype so quality & connectivity while being kind of ok is usually not great adding to the issue and on top of that and her English is not fluent. Still though we enjoy what we can of Skype. But I'm really wanting to get back to her pronto :P   

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 10:15:07 AM »

independently secure

Like as in earns a decent wage with a bit in the bank, maybe drives car, etc?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1885
Total: 1897

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM