It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Testing Others  (Read 20166 times)

Offline pitbull

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Testing Others
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »
Billy, I have no issues with your testing methods.  I used some of them myself.  After the initial testing question and answer exercise back and forth, I decided to make the trip with WMVM. I had already broken up with a fiance' that was into playing games and did not want to go through that again.

When on the trip I decided to just be myself.  Nothing FAKE!  What you see is what you get.  :)

My trip report is well chronicled in the trip reports. I had several dates lined up in Kiev and others in other cities.  One gal claimed to be a chemical engineer and the truth was she was selling cosmetics.  :)  She insisted on going to a Sushi bar for dinner.    It might have cost me $50 for the night and I was not interested in taking her to bed.  Quick/cheap interview1

My (now) wife took an interest in recovering my lost luggage from Air Chance.  In fact she drove to the airport and raised hell until it was found and delivered.  (Also in the trip report).  It made an impression on me.  Someone that cared and had enough interest in me to put forth the time and effort to solve one of my problems.

The other women I dated on that trip hardly made a dent in my feelings.  I thought I might have found a winner.  All said and done, I think I did.  We have been married for over 4 years.  She has put up with my yelling at her for not following my advice and sometimes arguing over stupid things that don't deserve an argument.  It seems so normal for a family relationship.  I don't put up with a lot of shit and she knows it.  Although she is 30 years younger, she does not follow the feminist agenda.  She values an intact family and for that reason I get some latitude to sound off when she gets on my nerves.  :)

The one characteristic that seems abnormal about her is that whatever happens the day before, she wakes up in the morning with a smile and says "I love you so much". She is also not an uneducated 'village girl'.  She has double master degrees in business and agronomics.  By current American standards, she is a slave to an unreasonable master. :)  F*ck the political progressives.  We have a relationship that works for both of us!

The fact that she is always in a happy mood makes her an 'idiot' in Soviet cultures.   He mom which is a retired University Professor is also normally happy in spite of her age and health conditions.  Maybe it is genetic.  Don't know, but I like it.

Update--- Her (our) daughter entered the 3rd grade this year and is doing great.  She has been 100% literate in English from almost the beginning.  Mom and daughter have been speaking in Russian at home and in English to me. I have encouraged Lisa to speak English with her mom at home in order to accelerate Larissa's conversational English.  It's been sort of comical to  overhear Lisa tell her mom "English" when they are talking.

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world to have found a compatible Ukrainian wife and daughter with only two tries.

My advice to men is this....."Be yourself!  Don't need to wear suits to impress if you are not comfortable in them.  Just be your HONEST, TRUE, personality.  Anything else is FAKE and your prospective mate will figure you out over time and may not trust you.  Of course you need to hold her to the same standards.

If the moon is right and the stars align, you may well find a wife that is as wonderful as the one I found!

Toady's Crisis..............

Got a call at work from Larissa.  Difficult to understand but it sounded like she nearly cut off one of her toes (fingers by Russian talk).  Blood gushing out of her toe.  Something to do with her using the new Fuller Brush Roto Sweeper I bought for her after watching a TV ad.  After considerable translation issues I found that it was not life threatening.  She also has a habit of exaggerating things so I told her I would address it when I got home from work (30 miles).

When I got home, I discovered that she had nearly cut off one of her toes and lost completely the toenail on that toe. She was in a lot of pain.  She dressed the wound before I got home and was not in a good mood. She indicated it was a manufacturer defect and expected me to do something about it.  I asked her to bring me the object that cut her toe and blew off her toenail.  It was the shaft of the Fuller Roto Sweeper that I bought for her after watching a TV ad.

After examining the shaft, I discovered that there is no locking mechanism to hold it attached to the sweeper.  When she was running it back and forth to pick up litter on the kitchen floor (from the cats) the handle came out of the sweeper and the forward stroke caused the shaft of the handle to hit her toe and remove the nail (100%) as well as tear into the flesh to the bone.

My engineering analysis of the end of the shaft indicated that it was similar to a mechanical punch.  It was beveled from the obvious method of cutting off the handles from a long tube.l  Clearly this is a design/manufacturing defect.  Tomorrow I will call a Person Injury Lawyer for the first time in my life. The end of the shaft (handle) is extremely sharp and would be perfect to cut out holes in gaskets that size.

Right now, she is more interested in bitching about the product rather than about the solution. Tomorrow, I expect to take her to the clinic (she has no insurance, thanks to Obamacare) and will get her a toe X-Ray to see if it is broken.  This product has no way to secure the laser sharp handle into the sweeper.   We will see if an attorney can at least pay for her medical bills.  Of course, I will pay them in any case to ensure her health.

You think life is easy with a FSUW, or any wife for that matter?  Our waterbed sprung a leak two day ago.  We finally found the leak at a seam that is very difficult to repair.  After 2 days of experimenting, I think I found a solution. We will know tomorrow night.  3 nights sleeping on the couch is getting old already!

I addition to everything else, Lisa lost a crown on one of her teeth.  I need to make an appointment with her dentist (cash) to address the problem.

You might all think that by marrying a wonderful FSU woman that life is going to be easy.  Maybe not!  It might be like normal life with any spouse and child.

The more reason to think about the responsibilities you are going to assume once you take the fatal step!

Wow I feel bad for your wife. No health insurance? Have you at least bought her a car? (Doesn't sound like you did or she would have driven herself to the ER or at least a Minute clinic). Putting up with a grumpy old man 30 years her senior without basic needs taken care of - what was she running from?
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 04:07:36 PM »
I agree with Pitbull about Calmissile. I read his post yesterday I believe, and I was totally shocked at how, cold, callous and uncaring he seemed about his Ukrainian Wife. It sounds like he doesn't even really love her.

First of all, why did a 46 year-old Ukrainian woman (who by the way, looks GREAT in a bikini - he has posted pics of his Wife and her beautiful little approx 8 year-old blonde little girl. His Wife looks more attractive than 99% of 46 year-old women in a bikini.) decide to marry a 76 year-old  US man??   :(  The only thing I can come up with is she was extremely desperate to get out of the poverty she endured in Ukraine, and was probably even willing to marry a man 40 years older than her to get out of Ukraine. I guess some women in Ukraine are so desperate to get out of Ukraine....that they are, incredibly, willing to marry a very bitter, angry old American Man who is mad at the world, that is 30 years their senior?? I never knew there were these type of women in Ukraine until Cal showed up. In fact, I never even knew he was 30 years-older than his Wife until I read this post!!

""She has put up with my yelling at her for not following my advice""    What kind of a man "Yells" at a woman? My Mom and Dad have been married 47 years. During that time, I have never once, not even one time, seen my Father raise his voice to my Mother. Not one time. Sure, every once in awhile he gets a tiny bit frustrated with her and puts his head down, eyes at the floor, sometimes and shakes his head a tiny bit - I guess that is how he vents his frustration....IMO that is a much healthier outlet for his frustration than him yelling at my Mom!! I am 39. Not one time in my life, NOT ONE TIME, have I ever raised my voice to a woman. I literally have never yelled at a woman before. If I am frustrated or upset with my GF, I simply take my car keys, kiss her on the cheek, hug her, tell her I love her, tell her I am going for a drive, and I head up to the gym for a couple of hours and pound the weights with ferocity, then jump on the treadmill for 60 minutes, until I am completely exhausted. When I get home from pounding the weights and tearing the treadmill up, I am so sweaty, tired and worn-out, I do not even have the energy to be upset with my GF any more. So the first thing I do is I walk up to her, put my arms around her, whisper in her ears "I love You" then I proceed to kiss her. That calms us both down and after that, all the girls I have ever dated have never even really had the heart to be upset with me anymore. They simply hug me back, giggle, tell me "You crazy, insane man" look me in the eyes, smile and say "I love you too" then plant a sweet kiss on me.  I am not cool at all with Calmissile's very cavalier attitude about yelling at his Wife any time he feels like it.

""It seems so normal for a family relationship."" No Cal, it is NOT normal for the Husband to yell at his Wife. That is NOT the normal dynamics within a healthy, happy family.

""I don't put up with a lot of shit and she knows it. I get some latitude to sound off when she gets on my nerves."" Wow Cal, you come across as a total fucking asshole!! I mean really a complete fucking asshole!! Grow up dude and pull that bur out of your ass.

""Got a call at work from Larissa.  Difficult to understand but it sounded like she nearly cut off one of her toes (fingers by Russian talk).  Blood gushing out of her toe.  Something to do with her using the new Fuller Brush Roto Sweeper I bought for her after watching a TV ad.  After considerable translation issues I found that it was not life threatening.""  Umm, if there is a language barrier Cal, how could you conclude with 100% certainty that it was NOT life threatening??  :(  And since you were not there to see the injury for yourself, likewise, how could you conclude it was not life-threatening??  :(

""She also has a habit of exaggerating things so I told her I would address it when I got home from work (30 miles)."" Ok, so she has a "Habit" of exaggerating things. That does not mean she exaggerates 100% of the time. What if this time, she was not exaggerating, but in fact there was some very real damage done to a tendon, ligament, or some other soft tissue structure within her toe??  You have the "magical" ability to definitively conclude (without even seeing her injury), with 100% accuracy, that this time she was exaggerating?? (Face in hands)  You cared so little about her that it was too much effort to make a 30 mile drive home from work, that very second, to check on the woman you married and supposedly love?? (Face in Hands.) 

""When I got home, I discovered that she had nearly cut off one of her toes and lost completely the toenail on that toe. She was in a lot of pain."" Umm....umm... yeah Cal, sounds like she was not exaggerating this time.  :(

"" to hit her toe and remove the nail (100%) as well as tear into the flesh to the bone.""  But yeah Cal, let's not rush her up to the Urgent Care clinic immediately ( I realize you do not have insurance on her so an urgent care clinic is obviously much less cost-prohibitive )  but instead let's "sleep on it", and wake up the next day and take her to the hospital the next day.  :(

""Right now, she is more interested in bitching about the product rather than about the solution."" Wow, incredibly caring attitude to have about a woman who just nearly had her toe amputated.  :( Someone needs to give you a good ass-kicking Cal.

""Of course, I will pay them in any case to ensure her health."" Wow, I feel bad you were so terribly inconvenienced. I am so sorry for you Cal.

""I addition to everything else, Lisa lost a crown on one of her teeth.  I need to make an appointment with her dentist (cash) to address the problem.""  Yeah, that is what happens Cal when you make the really terrible decision of not having dental insurance on your Ukrainian Wife.

I am pretty disgusted that no other members of RWD but Pitbull and myself spoke up and voiced our disapproval of Cal's behavior. At my main internet bodybuilding board, 99% of the men there love their wives / GF's to death, and a post like Cals would absolutely be met with condemnation from nearly every member. But here on RWD, all the vets are patting Cal on the back, saying things like .....ML " Doug, WOW thanks for sharing this interesting story.""....or Jone ""Geeze Doug.

Sometimes you throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Don't sleep on the couch.  If you have problems with the waterbed, get a new one.  Life is too short.  And you're making plenty of money that you can afford it. ""

Or SouthernX's comment giving good ole' Doug a jolly old pat on the back.

I am sorry, but there is a reason only a handful of guys post on RWD. The lurkers who lurk as guests are invariable pretty disgusted with the behavior and attitudes of the majority of the vets here on RWD. Boorish behavior like this would never, ever be tolerated on my bodybuilding message board....there are too many outstanding Husbands and BF's on my bodybuilding board and we are too extremely protective of women there to tolerate the kind of behavior that is allowed and even condoned and championed here on RWD.

I am just shaking my head in disgust. This is not how I was raised to treat a woman. My Dad and Mom raised me to treat women much better than this. My friends all treat women much better than this. Probably why I feel no real compelling reason to ever post on RWD.  Just read, but really no reason for me to ever post.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 04:11:27 PM »
I agree with Pitbull about Calmissile. I read his post yesterday I believe, and I was totally shocked at how, cold, callous and uncaring he seemed about his Ukrainian Wife. It sounds like he doesn't even really love her.

First of all, why did a 46 year-old Ukrainian woman (who by the way, looks GREAT in a bikini - he has posted pics of his Wife and her beautiful little approx 8 year-old blonde little girl. His Wife looks more attractive than 99% of 46 year-old women in a bikini.) decide to marry a 76 year-old  US man??   :(  The only thing I can come up with is she was extremely desperate to get out of the poverty she endured in Ukraine, and was probably even willing to marry a man 40 years older than her to get out of Ukraine. I guess some women in Ukraine are so desperate to get out of Ukraine....that they are, incredibly, willing to marry a very bitter, angry old American Man who is mad at the world, that is 30 years their senior?? I never knew there were these type of women in Ukraine until Cal showed up. In fact, I never even knew he was 30 years-older than his Wife until I read this post!!

""She has put up with my yelling at her for not following my advice""    What kind of a man "Yells" at a woman? My Mom and Dad have been married 47 years. During that time, I have never once, not even one time, seen my Father raise his voice to my Mother. Not one time. Sure, every once in awhile he gets a tiny bit frustrated with her and puts his head down, eyes at the floor, sometimes and shakes his head a tiny bit - I guess that is how he vents his frustration....IMO that is a much healthier outlet for his frustration than him yelling at my Mom!! I am 39. Not one time in my life, NOT ONE TIME, have I ever raised my voice to a woman. I literally have never yelled at a woman before. If I am frustrated or upset with my GF, I simply take my car keys, kiss her on the cheek, hug her, tell her I love her, tell her I am going for a drive, and I head up to the gym for a couple of hours and pound the weights with ferocity, then jump on the treadmill for 60 minutes, until I am completely exhausted. When I get home from pounding the weights and tearing the treadmill up, I am so sweaty, tired and worn-out, I do not even have the energy to be upset with my GF any more. So the first thing I do is I walk up to her, put my arms around her, whisper in her ears "I love You" then I proceed to kiss her. That calms us both down and after that, all the girls I have ever dated have never even really had the heart to be upset with me anymore. They simply hug me back, giggle, tell me "You crazy, insane man" look me in the eyes, smile and say "I love you too" then plant a sweet kiss on me.  I am not cool at all with Calmissile's very cavalier attitude about yelling at his Wife any time he feels like it.

""It seems so normal for a family relationship."" No Cal, it is NOT normal for the Husband to yell at his Wife. That is NOT the normal dynamics within a healthy, happy family.

""I don't put up with a lot of shit and she knows it. I get some latitude to sound off when she gets on my nerves."" Wow Cal, you come across as a total fucking asshole!! I mean really a complete fucking asshole!! Grow up dude and pull that bur out of your ass.

""Got a call at work from Larissa.  Difficult to understand but it sounded like she nearly cut off one of her toes (fingers by Russian talk).  Blood gushing out of her toe.  Something to do with her using the new Fuller Brush Roto Sweeper I bought for her after watching a TV ad.  After considerable translation issues I found that it was not life threatening.""  Umm, if there is a language barrier Cal, how could you conclude with 100% certainty that it was NOT life threatening??  :(  And since you were not there to see the injury for yourself, likewise, how could you conclude it was not life-threatening??  :(

""She also has a habit of exaggerating things so I told her I would address it when I got home from work (30 miles)."" Ok, so she has a "Habit" of exaggerating things. That does not mean she exaggerates 100% of the time. What if this time, she was not exaggerating, but in fact there was some very real damage done to a tendon, ligament, or some other soft tissue structure within her toe??  You have the "magical" ability to definitively conclude (without even seeing her injury), with 100% accuracy, that this time she was exaggerating?? (Face in hands)  You cared so little about her that it was too much effort to make a 30 mile drive home from work, that very second, to check on the woman you married and supposedly love?? (Face in Hands.) 

""When I got home, I discovered that she had nearly cut off one of her toes and lost completely the toenail on that toe. She was in a lot of pain."" Umm....umm... yeah Cal, sounds like she was not exaggerating this time.  :(

"" to hit her toe and remove the nail (100%) as well as tear into the flesh to the bone.""  But yeah Cal, let's not rush her up to the Urgent Care clinic immediately ( I realize you do not have insurance on her so an urgent care clinic is obviously much less cost-prohibitive )  but instead let's "sleep on it", and wake up the next day and take her to the hospital the next day.  :(

""Right now, she is more interested in bitching about the product rather than about the solution."" Wow, incredibly caring attitude to have about a woman who just nearly had her toe amputated.  :( Someone needs to give you a good ass-kicking Cal.

""Of course, I will pay them in any case to ensure her health."" Wow, I feel bad you were so terribly inconvenienced. I am so sorry for you Cal.

""I addition to everything else, Lisa lost a crown on one of her teeth.  I need to make an appointment with her dentist (cash) to address the problem.""  Yeah, that is what happens Cal when you make the really terrible decision of not having dental insurance on your Ukrainian Wife.

I am pretty disgusted that no other members of RWD but Pitbull and myself spoke up and voiced our disapproval of Cal's behavior. At my main internet bodybuilding board, 99% of the men there love their wives / GF's to death, and a post like Cals would absolutely be met with condemnation from nearly every member. But here on RWD, all the vets are patting Cal on the back, saying things like .....ML " Doug, WOW thanks for sharing this interesting story.""....or Jone ""Geeze Doug.

Sometimes you throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Don't sleep on the couch.  If you have problems with the waterbed, get a new one.  Life is too short.  And you're making plenty of money that you can afford it. ""

I am sorry, but there is a reason only a handful of guys post on RWD. The lurkers who lurk as guests are invariable pretty disgusted with the behavior and attitudes of the majority of the vets here on RWD. Boorish behavior like this would never, ever be tolerated on my bodybuilding message board....there are too many outstanding Husbands and BF's on my bodybuilding board and we are too extremely protective of women there to tolerate the kind of behavior that is allowed and even condoned and championed here on RWD.

I am just shaking my head in disgust. This is not how I was raised to treat a woman. My Dad and Mom raised me to treat women much better than this. My friends all treat women much better than this. Probably why I feel no real compelling reason to ever post on RWD.  Just read, but really no reason for me to ever post.

+100

My favorite part was him being a cheapskate to the point of not buying even basic catastrophic insurance for his wife and blaming it on Obamacare. Priceless  :clapping:

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 04:16:34 PM »
If you are fine with a woman creating fake profiles to test you, then two birds of a feather is no problem.

Personally I would have an issue with a woman that did so.

In international dating, I would have no problem with a FSU woman testing me. I remember a few FSU women here saying they did that to their man. I never thought less of them for doing so.  International dating isn't like dating at home where you can date every few days and wait months or years before deciding on marriage. There's plenty of time to naturally evaluate the person you're dating. There's less time and less dates to evaluate a person in international dating before we need to make a decision. These women are ready to change their whole lives and leave everything behind for a man. A lot of these men are losers or cheaters who masked their defects in the few dates they had with a lady in the FSU. If the guy still had a profile up after proposing marriage to a woman, I think it would be wise for a woman to test her man before dedicating her life to him. If he passes the test, she'll love him even more. That is a benefit coming from testing. Of course some guys never learn to trust, even after dozens of tests. Also why would a woman still have her profile up after she accepts a marriage proposal? No profile means there can be no test.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 04:50:37 PM »
Of course you did.
But you just did it by sending a naked pic of your equipment.
No, women arnt generally interested in off road motorcycles.

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »

treadmilledude ??  really where did i do that ??

think your drawing a long bow there mate

doug your story has likeneses to my wifes reaction to such events

when things go wrong i always get a call and am expected to ''fix it ''imediately , thats what hubbies do  ;)

its good to highlight the normal side to life , not just the good stuff

i would buy a new bed asap if i where you , couch is no place to sleep , unless your a cat or dog &  even then in our place they get short shrift out the door  ;D

SX

i said it had similarities to my wifes reaction to such events ..ie she does expect me to be her fixer 24/7 ,  as i am happy to accept that responsibility and always have ''fixed '' whatever it is immediately

she will often do her quince and lose it when something doesnt work or is broken etc , scream in terror at a terrakan or spider , she is a girly , girl ,   thats her way , there lies the similarity , nothing more or less

as for the rest of his story , i did not comment 

SX 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:06:05 PM by southernX »
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 05:04:57 PM »

In international dating, I would have no problem with a FSU woman testing me. I remember a few FSU women here saying they did that to their man. I never thought less of them for doing so.  International dating isn't like dating at home where you can date every few days and wait months or years before deciding on marriage. There's plenty of time to naturally evaluate the person you're dating. There's less time and less dates to evaluate a person in international dating before we need to make a decision. These women are ready to change their whole lives and leave everything behind for a man. A lot of these men are losers or cheaters who masked their defects in the few dates they had with a lady in the FSU. If the guy still had a profile up after proposing marriage to a woman, I think it would be wise for a woman to test her man before dedicating her life to him. If he passes the test, she'll love him even more. That is a benefit coming from testing. Of course some guys never learn to trust, even after dozens of tests. Also why would a woman still have her profile up after she accepts a marriage proposal? No profile means there can be no test.

My comment was taken a bit out of context ,since I also stated clearly that it would not be a deal breaker,but that I would find it odd.

Because if i had given no reason to be distrusting, it would point mostly to her insecurities,  not really a positive trait, regardless if it's long distance dating or the girl next door.

My main point was that is how many women will feel about a man creating a fake profile to test them.

Sure some might think the man wise, most would just find him non trusting, and while not a deal breaker for them, they would likely find it odd.

Even odd chickens find a kernel of corn though.

Testing, as you said, can be harmful, if done,it  should be done with thought to how it reflects on you.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:14:55 PM by Jumper »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 05:21:48 PM »

Wow I feel bad for your wife. No health insurance? Have you at least bought her a car? (Doesn't sound like you did or she would have driven herself to the ER or at least a Minute clinic). Putting up with a grumpy old man 30 years her senior without basic needs taken care of - what was she running from?

Obamacare made Health insurance super expensive for the self employed. Many people
now just pay for whatever their expenses are because the insurance is affordable.

None of you know Doug or his wife and it's best to focus on your argument and not his
wife.

That's my two kopecks,

Bill 
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 05:34:35 PM »
pitbull/TMD~

I am surprised you're both surprised (LMAO) of such revelation from a gathering of men (erm) advocating 101 ways and/or stages in how to *test/play [mind] games* with foreign women to judge their sincerity. Women, btw, whom they profess to be favorably *different* compared to those that rejected them at home to begin with.

It's the MOB folks!

~ her toe and remove the nail (100%) as well as tear into the flesh to the bone~ What a visual!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2017, 05:57:29 PM »
pitbull/TMD~

I am surprised you're both surprised (LMAO) of such revelation from a gathering of men (erm) advocating 101 ways and/or stages in how to *test/play [mind] games* with foreign women to judge their sincerity. Women, btw, whom they profess to be favorably *different* compared to those that rejected them at home to begin with.

It's the MOB folks!

~ her toe and remove the nail (100%) as well as tear into the flesh to the bone~ What a visual!

LOL! It is more than a tad ironic.

You know what hurts?

The truth.

Anyway, welcome back GQ,even if it's a brief drive by.It's all I've had time for lately myself.

Unrelated, but perhaps amusing since it also hurt.
 I did tear my big toenail off when I first met my wife.Opened a door to my flat in Crimea,  and me being the beach bum that I am had on flip flops,with  the doors bottom edge the perfect height to catch the nail and swoosh it off in one swoop ,if one was so foolish as to have your foot there when opening the door.

My tongue probably endured more injury from biting it to avoid swearing than the toe.
 Just  proof that even an idiot that isnt smart enough to not injure himself just opening a door,  can marry a woman. Happens all the time around the world. :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:10:07 PM by Jumper »

Offline pitbull

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 05:59:23 PM »

Obamacare made Health insurance super expensive for the self employed. Many people
now just pay for whatever their expenses are because the insurance is affordable.

None of you know Doug or his wife and it's best to focus on your argument and not his
wife.

That's my two kopecks,

Bill

Yeah right. If they are too poor they would have received a subsidy. Not being able to afford even a basic plan for one person - I just do not believe it. Just an old irresponsible cheapskate who prefers to endanger his wife and his whole family's well-being.

Like he's going to pay out of pocket if (heaven forbid) something serious happens to her.

I bet he himself has health insurance!

Offline pitbull

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 06:06:01 PM »
pitbull/TMD~

It's the MOB folks!

LOL!  :-* [size=78%] If only you were not a Republican![/size]

I also like the general direction of advice:

No need to be a better person for them FSUW. Just be your old --a**hole self. You can always find one desperate enough to put up with what you really are.  :clapping:

Offline Jumper

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2017, 06:13:21 PM »
Hey now pitbull!
I have embarked in self improvement!
I haven't been stupid enough to remove my toenail by a door in the last 7 years!

Offline ML

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »
Those of you who criticize Doug are misguided.

He has and will continue to do the utmost to give his wife and daughter the very best of everything.

I know he would spend his last dime and sell his kidneys to take care of both of them.

Perhaps he is a little too honest in telling that he might yell, but he has always been very honest in all that he writes here.

Others may be no different than him, but are less honest.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2017, 06:49:36 PM »

Yeah right. If they are too poor they would have received a subsidy. Not being able to afford even a basic plan for one person - I just do not believe it. Just an old irresponsible cheapskate who prefers to endanger his wife and his whole family's well-being.

Like he's going to pay out of pocket if (heaven forbid) something serious happens to her.

Pitbull, you know that you are one of my favourite people on here, and calmissile probably isn't because he's far too Republican for my tastes  :o, but I think you're out of line on this one.  Considering the cost of health insurance, which EVERY American guy on this forum bitches about ALL the time, I would think it quite possible that calmissile prefers to pay for everything himself.  At his age it's quite likely that he can't even GET health insurance or, if he can, that the premiums far exceed his reasonable expected medical expenses, or that the coverage would be extremely limited.  If he has enough money in the bank, and the confidence that his health is OK, then that's his prerogative.  Unlike Bee Farmer, I don't necessarily think that the colour of his skin indicates that a heart attack is imminent.  If he feels that he can provide for his wife and daughter as well, without buying separate policies for them, why shouldn't he?  I certainly read his story differently from the way you've understood it.

She rang him to tell him what happened.  Sure, it turned out to be more serious than he expected, but it was nowhere near life threatening.  I'm sure that Larisa was quite capable of ringing for an ambulance if she felt that it was that serious.  As for driving a car to the clinic - have YOU ever tried driving with a foot in that condition?  I know damned well that I wouldn't even consider it!

As for being a "cheapskate" who would "endanger his wife" - no.  Anyone who has read his whole story would never consider that for a second.  There's an underlying irony to the way he wrote it which you seem to have completely missed.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2017, 06:50:41 PM »

I am afraid you are correct.  The sad reality of MOB

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2017, 06:51:21 PM »

If he's over 65 he's probably got medicare.

My healthcare went up by $700 per month in year one of Obamacare and
$200 more the second year. It went up by $10,800 per year for me. While
I did pay it I really, really didn't like it.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline pitbull

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2017, 06:54:13 PM »
Pitbull, you know that you are one of my favourite people on here, and calmissile probably isn't because he's far too Republican for my tastes  :o, but I think you're out of line on this one.  Considering the cost of health insurance, which EVERY American guy on this forum bitches about ALL the time, I would think it quite possible that calmissile prefers to pay for everything himself.  At his age it's quite likely that he can't even GET health insurance or, if he can, that the premiums far exceed his reasonable expected medical expenses, or that the coverage would be extremely limited.  If he has enough money in the bank, and the confidence that his health is OK, then that's his prerogative.  Unlike Bee Farmer, I don't necessarily think that the colour of his skin indicates that a heart attack is imminent.  If he feels that he can provide for his wife and daughter as well, without buying separate policies for them, why shouldn't he?  I certainly read his story differently from the way you've understood it.

She rang him to tell him what happened.  Sure, it turned out to be more serious than he expected, but it was nowhere near life threatening.  I'm sure that Larisa was quite capable of ringing for an ambulance if she felt that it was that serious.  As for driving a car to the clinic - have YOU ever tried driving with a foot in that condition?  I know damned well that I wouldn't even consider it!

As for being a "cheapskate" who would "endanger his wife" - no.  Anyone who has read his whole story would never consider that for a second.  There's an underlying irony to the way he wrote it which you seem to have completely missed.

I am pretty sure he has Medicare.
And no, he does not have enough cash to pay for her if something serious or even semi-serious happens, if he doesn't have the money to buy her basic insurance.
This is very irresponsible

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2017, 06:56:42 PM »
Hey now pitbull!
I have embarked in self improvement!
I haven't been stupid enough to remove my toenail by a door in the last 7 years!

I removed a toenail by hitting an invisible stump that was covered in leaves
and simply pinning my toe between the pegs and the stump and shazaam
the toenail was gone.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2017, 09:18:58 PM »
I am pretty sure he has Medicare.
And no, he does not have enough cash to pay for her if something serious or even semi-serious happens, if he doesn't have the money to buy her basic insurance.
This is very irresponsible

Your about as dumb as a post!  First to attack my wife and her choices is against the forum rules.  Of course you make up your own rules.  First of all she had insurance prior to leaving for 2 months to Ukraine.  She will have a gold plan as soon as we figure out how the enrolling mess.  We have never needed to use insurance.  It is much easier and faster to just pay cash and be out out there.  I agree that she should be covered for catastrophic circumstances and that is what we are doing.  Second, it is none of your business!

Comparing yourself or your standards to my wife is crazy.  She is at least 10 X the woman you are.  You are just an old bag trolling for effect.  Who cares what you think (other than the other troll on here).  Based on your posts, I would guess that she is much better educated than you and certainly has a much  better personality.

You might fool or influence a few members that have never met us in person, but a number of members have had private Skype video conference chats and I doubt any one of them would agree with your characterizations of either of us.

As to whether I ever bought her a car?  What a stupid question!  If you spent as much time reading my trip reports and updates as you do trolling, you would have already read the story about her getting her drivers license and her car(s).  We just sold her Mercedes 560SL because she wanted a soccer-mom van.  She got what she wanted.

Now please go back to your miserable life and put me on ignore.   
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline pitbull

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2017, 10:00:47 PM »
Your about as dumb as a post!  First to attack my wife and her choices is against the forum rules.  Of course you make up your own rules.  First of all she had insurance prior to leaving for 2 months to Ukraine.  She will have a gold plan as soon as we figure out how the enrolling mess.  We have never needed to use insurance.  It is much easier and faster to just pay cash and be out out there.  I agree that she should be covered for catastrophic circumstances and that is what we are doing.  Second, it is none of your business!

Comparing yourself or your standards to my wife is crazy.  She is at least 10 X the woman you are.  You are just an old bag trolling for effect.  Who cares what you think (other than the other troll on here).  Based on your posts, I would guess that she is much better educated than you and certainly has a much  better personality.

You might fool or influence a few members that have never met us in person, but a number of members have had private Skype video conference chats and I doubt any one of them would agree with your characterizations of either of us.

As to whether I ever bought her a car?  What a stupid question!  If you spent as much time reading my trip reports and updates as you do trolling, you would have already read the story about her getting her drivers license and her car(s).  We just sold her Mercedes 560SL because she wanted a soccer-mom van.  She got what she wanted.

Now please go back to your miserable life and put me on ignore.
Quit bragging about how you mistreat your wife because you can and she puts up with it and you won't get my attention.
If a good smack on the behind here pushes you to buy insurance for your wife, I consider it a good day for me.
You can call her putting up with your abusive behavior a "good personality" - I call it bad English and complete dependence.
Enjoy it while you can.
And I never compared myself to your wife,
Would never occur to me. We are just way too different. I would never find myself in her situation
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:04:04 PM by pitbull »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2017, 10:59:47 PM »
Here are some 'effects' in this raving thread.

Fuller Brush Roto Sweeper as *seen on TV.

No cords, no batteries, weighs less than 2 pounds. It's like a push sweeper with rotating brushes as you push/pull the unit on the floor. They must've opted for an upgrade model on steroid, from that $20 dollar variety, to do that much damage, dunno.

At the OP's age and still working means that, according to SSA's website, he gets full retirement benefit despite earning an income. IIRC, there's a fairly hefty amount of earnings before they even make any formulated reductions, if they actually even do this at all now. So money should not be a problem even for Obamacare. Especially considering premiums are taken off the top. Urgent care is hardly expensive. Most metropolitan neighborhood have one every 10-15 city block. It is however interesting why the wife and child aren't covered through the OP's work policy.

Man, in the drone and spaceX age, people still sleep on waterbeds? Then I guess when one springs a leak in one might I suggest, as seen on TV (since we're on this theme) the wonderful Flex Tape! Guaranteed not to take a bite at your toes!

:P

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:07:09 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2017, 11:18:45 PM »
..And I never compared myself to your wife,
Would never occur to me. We are just way too different. I would never find myself in her situation

:P

Are you sure you aren't even itsy-bitsy curious how life can be like having a hubby yelling at you because he believes it's *normal* in relationships/marriages?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2017, 05:27:10 AM »
Tomorrow, I expect to take her to the clinic (she has no insurance, thanks to Obamacare) and will get her a toe X-Ray to see if it is broken.
You should get her health insurance.  It is the law, which apparently you are breaking and blaming Obamacare is a just an excuse.  Why would you skip over health insurance, one of the few things that is pretty much a must?  You are in your mid 70's, and definitely have a reduced life/time span, I wouldn't worry about 'what is cheaper' as it pertains to your wife's health.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2017, 09:34:23 AM »
My main point was that is how many women will feel about a man creating a fake profile to test them.

Most people wouldn't like it. Getting tested means there isn't 100% trust. Giving someone a 100% trust is not wise with someone you haven't lived with. Companies put cameras all over the place because they figured out humans are not 100% trustworthy. Go figure. Yet guys here at the forum got it all figured out and feel confident the woman their involved with only opens her legs for them.

Getting back to your point, most women would not like to be tested but deep down they know it's a good thing. Say their future son grows up and does a thing that most people think is crazy....which is go find a wife overseas. They tell their sons they are going to get used for a green card go broke marrying a gold digger. They ask their son how can they trust someone they had little face to face time with. So if the son responds that he doesn't have all the answers and can't read a person 100% like some of the experts here and did a test, mommy may feel a little relief son isn't so gullible. Ronald Reagan said "Trust but verify". He made deals with the Soviets but he didn't trust them 100% so he verified they were keeping their end of the bargain. Anybody here smarter than Reagan? If a guy sees a woman's profile up after they are engaged to be married, I think it's smart of him to learn if that profile is active.

Those of you who criticize Doug are misguided.

He has and will continue to do the utmost to give his wife and daughter the very best of everything.

I know he would spend his last dime and sell his kidneys to take care of both of them.

Perhaps he is a little too honest in telling that he might yell, but he has always been very honest in all that he writes here.

Doug has always spoke highly of his wife. She has brought him lots of happiness. If she's happy, Doug is doing something right. Health insurance is important but it's also a product that is a rip off. It's only good for catastrophic events which is rare. I'm sure Doug will get her the medical attention his wife needs without the need for government health care. His money would probably buy better doctors anyway.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701