It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Visits home, how often, how long  (Read 16506 times)

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Visits home, how often, how long
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 05:30:41 AM »
[user=807]Wild Orchid*[/user],

Perhaps try talking him into something like Happiness is planning, where you go for a longer period and he joins you near the end. This has worked for us (Then again, I was never really insecure about letting my wife travel alone, either.)

I understand your frustration with having to translate everything, it wears you out even more than physical excersize. Does he understand this? When little Kolya first came to the US, every statement I made was immediately followed by him asking "Jim skazal?" and I saw how it wore my wife down. Perhaps try explaining it to him, if you think he'll listen.
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline Vanilla

• Commercial Member
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 12:19:27 PM »
Well, as about the death...Brrr. I do not want to even think about it..  But - life is life, and it is going to happen one day or another. I  just hope not soon.

So, about that - we have an emergency saving just for that case. In  case I will get bad news, so I can just jump on the airplan and go home  right away. Even just by myself. That's what we have for that kind of  travelling.

Offline rose

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 12:28:56 PM »
I was in Russia 5 years ago. And it looks like I will not be able to go there for at least another 3-4 years. :(

My mom is 73 years old, and it makes me very sad that it might happen that I'll never will see her again.:(

Offline RussianGal

• Commercial Member
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »
Guess I can say I go once a year.
Last time (which was the first one too) my husband joined me later (it was the third time in Belarus for him and he said 'That`s enough').
 So, this summer I`ll go alone for the whole month to celebrate my birthday, visit doctors and have fun with friends and family. It cost 1K.

I`d rather go 2 a year but for shorter periods OR may be invite parents over once a year and visit them once a year. Working on it.. ;-)
Translation, Consultation, 3-Way Call - it can be done by RussianGal.

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 10:52:57 PM »
I was thinking about this question. For me I would tell her to go and to enjoy herself. I would stay home and get caught up on whatever it was that I needed to caught up on. I can think of nothing more boring than having to haul around some Russian city visiting her family and friends when I could be home fishing...or doing something relaxing. My plan is to send her home during football season. That way I can enjoy the Sunday games in peace. And as dumb as it is for a guy who has spent the best part of his life in the airline game I do not like to travel on flights that last for more than 3 hours and if I do then I have to have the business class seat. Two people to and from Russia at business class prices would better buy a nice guided fishing trip to Alaska or season tickets for the local football team. Go Hawks! They got robbed by the officals in the last Super Bowl.  Whew...now I feel better.

Peewee
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 10:56:00 PM by PeeWee »

Offline Turboguy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 11:08:20 PM »
Robbed, sure,  They were just playing a better team.  After all the winning quarteback had a qb rating of about 20 for the game.   Nothing worse than a sore looser :zappedhim:Just kidding the officiating was terrible but you would have lost anyway.

Offline Tim7

Re: Visits home, how often, how long
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2006, 10:29:06 PM »
I wonder if any of the girls call and visit their old boyfriends

I am sure some of them have done that

Boys, be careful!

Be very careful!

Dont let them go back there if you cant go with them

Its too dangerous

Timdman

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2006, 03:38:52 AM »
Tim,

If the relationship stands on solid ground this will not be a problem at all.

If your thoughts are based on any kind of personal experiences the only real tool I can hand you to help identify the problem is a mirror.

After 4 years we're down to the bi-annual but prolonged visit.  We're together 24/7 the whole year round and probably spend more face to face time in a year that others do in 5+.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 04:05:20 AM »
So far my fiancee has had no wish to go alone. I would not hold her back if she wanted to go a longer period, and then join her just like happiness. But she has expressed she would miss me more than she misses her friends and family  :)
I think we will be able to make trips 2-3 times a year until there will be little Shadows running around (no plans but a lot of practise ;D).
When we were back last time she would have a lot to talk about with her friends and family, and asked me if I mind her talking in Russian most of the time. I do not, as it helps me develop my Russian skills listening to conversation.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 02:59:08 PM »
BillyB said
If her friends resent her success, then she needs to find new friends.

LOL iI Agree Billy, but the reality is:

if her friends /neighbors resent her succcess, then they are just being normal Russian/Ukrainians.

but it shouldnt be a worry or problem as living her life there she knows it better than any of us , and quite well how to deal with it.

I don't think many marriages will fall apart after the wife visits back home for the first time. If she leaves her husband after visiting back home, then maybe it's for the best ....

absolutely agree.

my grandfather used to say, -
if you loan a man $5 and you never see him again, it was money well spent. ;)

My wife is back visiting her family for the third time,, (over about three years , so once per year)

she usually plans to go for 5 weeks, but after arriving she is always sure two or 3 weeks would be better for a variaty of reasons..
 I do miss seeing her family, and hopefully i will go on the next trip, or maybe the last week of it.

Tim7/scorpions-
Good luck with relationships, Sincerely.

A man of course needs to be a man,
but there are natural and reasonable lines and limits in every relationship.
a man should ALSO know these.

To be a paranoid controlling man is not going to be very attractive to most intelligent women.

If she really wanted an immature , controlling man in her life ,
 she could find plenty in Russia.
Bank on it.

Offline jb

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2006, 03:06:10 PM »
Timdeman,

I worry about you, I truly do.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2021, 02:43:40 PM »
Wife has gone once a year in summer for 4 weeks . . . except she didn't go in 2020, Covid.

Will she go this summer . . . all depends on Covid in Ukraine.

She will have had her two Pfizer vaccines in a couple of weeks, but Ukraine might have some sort of lockdowns which would prevent travel.

But she worries about maybe never seeing her parents again . . . they are not getting any younger . .  and Covid is running wild in their small town . . . several deaths that she knows of.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2021, 04:50:57 PM »
Well, as about the death...Brrr. I do not want to even think about it..  But - life is life, and it is going to happen one day or another. I  just hope not soon.

So, about that - we have an emergency saving just for that case. In  case I will get bad news, so I can just jump on the airplan and go home  right away. Even just by myself. That's what we have for that kind of  travelling.

Excellent plan, best to be prepared for emergencies. This is not a venture for paupers.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2224
Total: 2234

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM