It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: RW and Dolphins  (Read 9390 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
RW and Dolphins
« on: March 08, 2005, 06:09:01 PM »
On a trip to Hawaii a couple of years ago, Olya and I took a turn at swimming with the dolphins. It was during that visit we learned there are only 2 species of animals that engage in sex for purely recreational purposes - dolphins and people.

As there seems to be so much intense interest in the question of whether or not RW engage in "sex for fun" in another thread - I thought I might throw in a little bit of biological (sociological?) fact for additional consideration.

My take is there is no doubt that many (most . . all?) RW engage in sex just for fun - but so do many RM and AW and AM and EM, etc. It is a part of the human condition.

FWIW

- Dan

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
RW and Dolphins
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 09:27:32 PM »
depends on what you mean saying "fun" Certainly nobody in nowdays has sex only for reproduction. But females may have different meaning of "fun" than males have

Offline Bruno

RW and Dolphins
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 09:51:34 PM »
Lol... a chance we are not like some spider... the man spider have the sex pleasure... and the woman one, have the sex and eat pleasure... in the insect world, i happend very often that woman eat the sex partner... of the man go dead after copulation when he have finish his work ...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
RW and Dolphins
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 10:14:29 PM »
of the man go dead after copulation when he have finish his work ...

It's rational whatelse are you useful for after finish your work?:P

Offline Bruno

RW and Dolphins
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 10:42:15 PM »

[line]
It's rational whatelse are you useful for after finish your work?
[line]

You have right about insect... the male is only need for make the baby... but about human, it is different...

Woman need the man for bring the income home, for take care of the family... it is far to be perfect with human but a good example is pinguin... they share the work for grow baby... one day, the woman take care of baby and the man search food... the next day, the role are changed...

Of course woman can take care herself of child and work but the quality of life is more low... it is more power in two people that in one... and about human, we have something more, we call this feeling, love, friendschip... we are social animals and we need the contact with other... we wish the same partner for life ( not always lucky )...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
RW and Dolphins
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 10:48:42 PM »
Woman need the man for bring the income home, for take care of the family... it is far to be perfect with human but a good example is pinguin... they share the work for grow baby... one day, the woman take care of baby and the man search food... the next day, the role are changed...
 I should know better and marry a pinguin:? Where have you been Bruno with such information 20 years ago?:D

Offline Bruno

RW and Dolphins
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 12:00:55 AM »

[line]
I should know better and marry a pinguin:? Where have you been Bruno with such information 20 years ago?:D
[line]

Elena, i don't know for other country but mentality of people change a lot the last year...

Now, in Belgium, it can happend that wife work ( truck driver ) and that man stay home for take care of the three children, ready the food, clean the house, make the shopping, ...

Before something like so was difficult... before, people think that so man are not a real man... it was more a macho world...

Now, the law are changing in Belgium... father can take maternity holliday... he can make a pause career for take care of of very young children... what happend now, the woman use the first year to take care of child... man take the second year... of course, you have some loose of income but the state pay you around 80% of your previous income the first year and 60% the second year...

Elena, if you search good, you can find in these world the perfect man you need... a pinguin one if you wish ;)... of a Macho one... of a Piva / TV one ... why do you think that RW place ads on the internet... for have a more great choice and find the man she wish... they are only a minority of woman who have not find what they wish in Russia and modern communication ( internet ) allow them to find what they wish...

I have laught with stat about how much RW are on the Internet of how much RW marry each year to US man... it is only a little part of the RW... and if some agency begin to have difficult to find customer, it is because the reserve of woman become more short... Russia have open his border around 10 year ago and it was the great market because Russia was closed a long time... but now, slowly, the reserve begin more big... it stay a big business but it is slow down... if she have the choise, a RW stay in Russia...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
RW and Dolphins
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 12:23:22 AM »
Now Bruno if I'd want I think I shall find some "pinguin" :D. My problem is I want nothing already (or may be yet)

Offline RacerX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
RW and Dolphins
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 02:41:17 AM »
Quote from: Dan
only 2 species of animals that engage in sex for purely recreational purposes - dolphins and people.

Dan

Well, Dan - like you always say: I would like to know your source for this fact!  I heard that bonobos also engage in such practices....but then again I don't claim to be an expert in this field:P

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
RW and Dolphins
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 04:13:26 AM »
Quote from: RacerX
Well, Dan - like you always say: I would like to know your source for this fact!  I heard that bonobos also engage in such practices....but then again I don't claim to be an expert in this field:P

Fair enough. Here is the best I can do - a link to their site with contact information (http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/activities/dolphin-quest.asp). The quotation is not on that site, it was something the guide said while we were swimming with the dolphins. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that the dolphin we were playing with AND my wife were both pregnant at the time ;)

- Dan

Offline Bruno

RW and Dolphins
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 04:48:23 AM »

[line]

But humans, like no other animal, developed the possibilities of sexual joy for its own sake. This was part of the increase of our brain size, which was part of our upright walk, the use of our hands and the development of language.

http://www.nvsh.nl/Website_Engels/Texts/Sexual_Information/Basics/Skills_1.htm

[line]

Peace and love : Bonobo

Moreover, both males and females use sexual contact as a means of communication and a way to ease tensions that might otherwise erupt into conflict. Bonobos are less aggressive than common chimpanzees, and there are fewer conflicts between neighboring bonobo communities.

Sexual intercourse plays a major role in Bonobo society, being used as a greeting, a means of conflict resolution and post-conflict reconciliation, and a favor traded by the females in exchange for food (see prostitution). Bonobos are the only non-human apes to have been observed engaging in all of the following sexual activities: tongue kissing, face-to-face vaginal intercourse, oral sex, genital rubbing between females, and "penis-fencing" between males. This happens within the immediate family as well as outside of it. Bonobos do not form permanent relationships with partners.

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?method=4&dsid=2222&dekey=Bonobo&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1

[line]

Dolphin :

Sex play is frequent and is initiated by any individual toward any other, without regard to size, age, sex, relationship, or even species; approaches to human beings and to turtles are common.

http://www.answers.com/dolphin

[line]

Offline wxman

RW and Dolphins
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 12:49:57 PM »
These penguins appear to be having fun!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline RacerX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
RW and Dolphins
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 03:47:17 PM »
Quote from: Bruno

Moreover, females use sexual contact as a means of communication and a way to ease tensions that might otherwise erupt into conflict.

Sexual intercourse plays a major role in society, being used as a greeting, a means of conflict resolution and post-conflict reconciliation, and a favor traded by the females in exchange for money (see prostitution). ...have been observed engaging in all of the following sexual activities: tongue kissing, face-to-face vaginal intercourse, oral sex, genital rubbing between females, and "penis-fencing" between males. This happens within the immediate family as well as outside of it.

I dunno...change a few words here and there and I think I've seen this exact verbiage on a MOB site somewhere  :shock:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 04:04:00 PM by RacerX »

Offline IvanGrozny

RW and Dolphins
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 09:22:22 PM »
Quote from: Bruno
... and the woman one, have the sex and eat pleasure... in the insect world, i happend very often that woman eat the sex partner... of the man go dead after copulation when he have finish his work ...

In America this is called "Divorce Court".

Offline Bruno

RW and Dolphins
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 10:36:25 PM »
Yeppp, we have invent nothing... we thing that because we are human, we are superior... but a lot of our practice are from our animals instinct... in a lot of way, people are like animals...

Offline sledder

RW and Dolphins
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 03:01:42 PM »
Elen is very funny!!

Offline Noyrt

RW and Dolphins
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 08:03:53 PM »
Quote from: Dan
You left out monkeys......  they are always screwing around.......

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1944
Total: 1953

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM