It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 359010 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #375 on: May 08, 2012, 06:12:52 AM »

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #376 on: May 08, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »
Anyone note the 'OMNEY' logo ?

Switching a couple letters will get you MONEY....

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:53:07 AM by BC »

Offline Gator

« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Southerner?
Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:
You're walking down a deserted street with your wife
and two small children.
Suddenly, a Terrorist with a huge knife
comes around the corner,
locks eyes with you,
screams obscenities,
raises the knife, and charges at you...
You are carrying a
Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.
You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.
What do you do?
THINK CAREFULLY AND
THEN SCROLL DOWN:

Democrat's Answer:
· Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
· What is a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP?
· Does the man look poor or oppressed?
· Is he really a terrorist? Am I guilty of profiling?
· Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
· Could we run away?
· What does my wife think?
· What about the kids?
· Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
· What does the law say about this situation?
· Does the pistol have an appropriate safety built into it?
· Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
· Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
· Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
· If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
· Should I call 9-1-1?
· Why is this street so deserted?
· We need to raise taxes, have paint & weed day.
· Can we make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
· I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.
· This is all so confusing!  ............ ......... .......... ......... ......... ......... .......... ......... ...

Republican's Answer:
BANG! ............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... .......... ......
Southerner's Answer:
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG ! BANG! BANG! BANG!s
Click.... (Sounds of reloading)
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
Click
Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy!'
'Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?!
Son: 'Can I shoot the next one?!'
Wife: 'You are NOT taking that to a Taxidermist!

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2012, 09:20:11 AM »
Definitely a Democrat!

http://now.msn.com/money/0518-man-30-kids-child-support.aspx

He should date OctoMom.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »
I said long ago that the only way to get Obama re-elected is to have a total idiot as opponent. What I can see from over here they seem to do a nice job...
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »
I said long ago that the only way to get Obama re-elected is to have a total idiot as opponent. What I can see from over here they seem to do a nice job...

What specifically do you find idiotic about Mitt Romney?

Offline BC

« Reply #381 on: May 19, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2012, 11:17:32 PM »
He kept his dog in an "air-tight kennel" on top of his car?  :deadhorse:

I'm guessing here that all of his trips with the wife and five kids along for the ride lasted no more than a few minutes - or he regularly replaced the dog!

I realise that this commercial was put together by the team working for one of his Senate colleagues who wanted the Republican nomination - will Obama's team stoop to this level come election time?  Will they even need to?

This guy has made millions (tens? hundreds?) by buying up businesses, stripping the assets and firing what workers were left.  And this is the guy you want to be President?  Stuff his (or the Party's) policies - is this the kind of man you want to lead your country?

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #383 on: May 19, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:31:57 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Shadow

« Reply #384 on: May 19, 2012, 11:49:53 PM »

The fact that it seems possible that Obama who was called the worst and least popular president two years ago might actually have a chance.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Gylden

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #385 on: May 20, 2012, 12:42:47 AM »

I'm guessing here that all of his trips with the wife and five kids along for the ride lasted no more than a few minutes - or he regularly replaced the dog!

I realise that this commercial was put together by the team working for one of his Senate colleagues who wanted the Republican nomination - will Obama's team stoop to this level come election time?  Will they even need to?

This guy has made millions (tens? hundreds?) by buying up businesses, stripping the assets and firing what workers were left.  And this is the guy you want to be President?  Stuff his (or the Party's) policies - is this the kind of man you want to lead your country?

I didn't know that about him. Maybe he is the right guy to streamline the government?

Offline BC

« Reply #386 on: May 20, 2012, 01:16:48 AM »
I'm wary when the Presidential salary is meaningless and acquisition of power is the goal.  Businessman vs Public Servant thing.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2012/02/17/sorry-mitt-romney-good-businessmen-rarely-make-good-presidents

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #387 on: May 20, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
That Mitt cartoon strip is an adaptation of one from the mid 1950s I remember seeing in US comics as a kid:
Charles Atlas, born Angelo Siciliano (October 30, 1892, Acri, Italy – December 23, 1972, Long Beach, New York), was the developer of a bodybuilding method and its associated exercise program that was best known for a landmark advertising campaign featuring Atlas's name and likeness; it has been described as one of the longest-lasting and most memorable ad campaigns of all time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Atlas
Milan's "Duomo"

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2012, 06:54:28 AM »

This guy has made millions (tens? hundreds?) by buying up businesses, stripping the assets and firing what workers were left. And this is the guy you want to be President? Stuff his (or the Party's) policies - is this the kind of man you want to lead your country?

Actually, most would prefer that he were leading your country. Him and the idiot that currently occupies the office. Unfortunately, our choice of idiots these days are rather limited. If what we have can be called a choice

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #389 on: May 20, 2012, 11:54:46 AM »
Actually, most would prefer that he were leading your country...

Why should we have to suffer your third-class politicians?  We have enough of our own.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »
I'm wary when the Presidential salary is meaningless and acquisition of power is the goal.  Businessman vs Public Servant thing.

Wary?!? One would think desensitized is more apt from your standpoint considering the Berlusconi effect, BC?   ;)
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Gator

« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »
The fact that it seems possible that Obama who was called the worst and least popular president two years ago might actually have a chance.

To understand why Obama can easily win you must examine Obama's voter base:    unions, government workers, blacks, gays, educated liberals, young women, etc.    They comprise almost 50% of the voters.   The fact that this country's economy is not healthy and needs an overhaul does not bother them.   Obama has lost the Jewish vote, but they will probably stay home rather than vote for a Republican.

Actually there are 4-5 swing states that will determine the election.  For example, California will vote Democrat and Texas Republican no matter what happens.  And it matters not if the popular vote were 51-49 or 98-02, the winning candidate would receive 100% of the electoral votes.  Abe Lincoln won the Presidential election in 1860 with only 40% of the popular vote (Lincoln's name was not on the ballot in some states).

I reside in a swing state.  Already the campaign has started.   It will become worse, and we have almost six months to go.

Offline Gator

« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »
BC,

Selected sound bites of someone who talks frequently in public can make anyone look good or bad.  There are some real doozies circulating on Obama.  No need to show them.  Instead, examine the substance of the man.

Offline Gator

« Reply #393 on: May 20, 2012, 04:57:56 PM »

Show me please a politician who is driven by the salary he/she makes vs. power and ego (especially in the case of Obama incapable of anything other than being a politician).

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #394 on: May 20, 2012, 05:47:36 PM »
Actually, most would prefer that he were leading your country. Him and the idiot that currently occupies the office. Unfortunately, our choice of idiots these days are rather limited. If what we have can be called a choice

+1
Doug (Calmissile)

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #395 on: May 20, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »

Why should we have to suffer your third-class politicians?  We have enough of our own.

You are voicing your opinion freely enough as to which one you think we should have. Why don't you just take them both?  ;D Personally, I wouldn't care which country had them, just as long as it wasn't mine.

kiwi, is it a bit ironic that I don't even know who your leaders are? There is a reason for that.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #396 on: May 20, 2012, 07:44:25 PM »

To understand why Obama can easily win you must examine Obama's voter base:    unions, government workers, blacks, gays, educated liberals, young women, etc.    They comprise almost 50% of the voters.   The fact that this country's economy is not healthy and needs an overhaul does not bother them.   Obama has lost the Jewish vote, but they will probably stay home rather than vote for a Republican....

You're leaving out the beef of their base...

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/12/chart-of-the-week-1-in-5-americans-are-dependent-on-government/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/even-critics-of-safety-net-increasingly-depend-on-it.html?pagewanted=all

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/16-statistics-which-show-that-the-number-of-americans-dependent-on-the-government-is-at-an-all-time-high

Who the heck needs to be innovative, ambitious, industrious when the State can just make things free and easy for you.

Besides, the O-clown have Buffet, Gates, Soros, and Winfrey's billion to flood the media with some more Hope and Change BS.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #397 on: May 20, 2012, 10:47:46 PM »
You are voicing your opinion freely enough as to which one you think we should have. Why don't you just take them both?  ;D Personally, I wouldn't care which country had them, just as long as it wasn't mine.

All you Republicans have made it very clear that you think Obama has about the same level of trustworthiness as the proverbial rattlesnake - thankfully, I don't live in your country so I don't have to worry on a personal level.  Now, when I see Mr Corporate Invader as the alternative, I'm wondering why you don't leave town if they are both so bad.

kiwi, is it a bit ironic that I don't even know who your leaders are? There is a reason for that.

Yes - you're the one person on earth who has never heard of Google.

Offline BC

« Reply #398 on: May 21, 2012, 05:43:56 AM »

To understand why Obama can easily win you must examine Obama's voter base:    unions, government workers, blacks, gays, educated liberals, young women, etc.    They comprise almost 50% of the voters.   The fact that this country's economy is not healthy and needs an overhaul does not bother them.   Obama has lost the Jewish vote, but they will probably stay home rather than vote for a Republican.

You're leaving out the beef of their base...

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/12/chart-of-the-week-1-in-5-americans-are-dependent-on-government/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/even-critics-of-safety-net-increasingly-depend-on-it.html?pagewanted=all

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/16-statistics-which-show-that-the-number-of-americans-dependent-on-the-government-is-at-an-all-time-high

Who the heck needs to be innovative, ambitious, industrious when the State can just make things free and easy for you.

Besides, the O-clown have Buffet, Gates, Soros, and Winfrey's billion to flood the media with some more Hope and Change BS.

Isn't all this a part of democracy?  After all, even the slaves and women were enfranchised.

Do I detect a bit of whine?

It is quite intriguing though that in a way democracy embraces a balancing act in society between the haves and have nots.

The Romans used a tactic called Bread and Circuses to appease the masses.. and the more I watch election shenanigans the more I see a modern day variant developing.

Show me please a politician who is driven by the salary he/she makes vs. power and ego (especially in the case of Obama incapable of anything other than being a politician).

Gator,

Here is an article that might help understand my thoughts a bit better.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/how_was_rome_governed.htm

The parallels in history are quite visible..

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #399 on: May 21, 2012, 06:39:15 AM »

All you Republicans have made it very clear that you think Obama has about the same level of trustworthiness as the proverbial rattlesnake - thankfully, I don't live in your country so I don't have to worry on a personal level.  Now, when I see Mr Corporate Invader as the alternative, I'm wondering why you don't leave town if they are both so bad.

This quote kiwi just confirms that you don't know as much as you think you know  ;D Obama should have to stand on his record. Of course he didn't on his first time around while you and the rest of the world were wetting your panties and fawning all over him. Hopefully, it'll be different this time. I am no Romney supporter but, he will get my vote of the lesser of two evils. If there was ever a government that needed a raiding, it's this one.

Yes - you're the one person on earth who has never heard of Google.

This quote just shows that you are in denial. I wouldn't waste the time to google your leaders because they are irrelevant. They don't matter thus I have no need to know.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541426
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2120
Total: 2128

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM