It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 359009 times)

Offline GoodOlBoy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #575 on: August 14, 2012, 07:40:31 PM »
.... it is simply not feasable to line up buses and drive 15 million people out of the country.

..... it is simply not feasable to line up buses and drive 15 million people Democratic VOTERS out of the country.

And yes, some illegals have actually voted in the GoodOl' USA.  :rolleyes:

GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #576 on: August 14, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »

I avoid politics on this thread because it tends to make people mad. some of the things in the above quote I am not sure are true.
1. Most illegals that I knew personally worked construction jobs, they get paid more than 5 or 6 dollars an hour. Although I knew attorneys who hired illegals to clean thier house and justified it on the grounds that no one else would do that job. The amount she paid her maid, $500 a week.
2. Before I accept item 2 I want proof illegals are filing tax returns.
3. the health care is going to depend upon the state. Where I live an Illegal can get health care if they are pregnant, but not if they are not pregnant.
4. Yes they don't pay insurance, but I've personally also seen them hauled into court for not having insurance and put in jail. Also seen them get sued for damages when they cause accidents. This is a double edged sword.
The problem I have with all of this is that the conservatives who do the most bitching about this never provided the money needed to take the illegals that are arrested and drive them out of the country. When we arrested them they were held in the county jail, immigration was informed and then never came to pick them up so the police release them. This policy requires actual cash to work. This might require an increase in taxes to pay for it. In the last election Obama made a very practical point. it is simply not feasable to line up buses and drive 15 million people out of the country.

I don't know what state you are in, but Gators response is pretty accurate for California.  He forgot to mention one important point and that is how much of the income by illegals is under the table and not reported to the IRS.  It is no wonder they can apply for an earned income tax credit.

I disagree with your comments about conservatives not willing to provide the resources (money) to ship the illegals out of the country.  Immigration is a federal issue and the federal government needs to deport them.  Holding them in state/county/city jails is not the resonsibility of the local government.  The federal government should be providing the funds to do this or have the INS do it themselves.  As you are aware, the liberals in government do not want to export the illegals.  They want to give them amnesty and turn them into democratic voters ASAP.   LOL

I can't put my fingers on the numbers for L.A. and Orange County, but the most recent estimate of the percentage of residents that work for unreported wages was staggering.  Perhaps someone else still has the numbers.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline remiel6

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #577 on: August 15, 2012, 04:25:11 AM »
I can put my fingers on the numbers for LA and Orange county because I worked there. yes the feds provide the money, but that is the great ruse. Not even Bush provided enough money in the budget to actual drive them to mexico. I don't mind if people want to use the argument that we should be deporting them when we catch them, but this stand tough approach also needs money.
Second driving them out wouldn't do you any good. They would just come right back again. The only real way of preventing them from coming is fixing the mexican economy so they don't have to come here fore better jobs.

Offline Gator

« Reply #578 on: August 15, 2012, 07:51:38 AM »
The only real way of preventing them from coming is fixing the mexican economy so they don't have to come here fore better jobs.

Fix Mexico?  That's a good one.   Very corrupt government in Mexico with little wealth distribution.  Those in power are not concerned with what trickles down.  Although the Mexican economy has improved, population growth among the poor is probably outstripping what trickles down.  The problem will become worse.  It is not just Mexico.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #579 on: August 15, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »
I can put my fingers on the numbers for LA and Orange county because I worked there. yes the feds provide the money, but that is the great ruse. Not even Bush provided enough money in the budget to actual drive them to mexico. I don't mind if people want to use the argument that we should be deporting them when we catch them, but this stand tough approach also needs money.
Second driving them out wouldn't do you any good. They would just come right back again. The only real way of preventing them from coming is fixing the mexican economy so they don't have to come here fore better jobs.

I'm not stating this for any discussion point but, I read a survey not too long ago I can't locate at the moment. It was a survey of illegal immigrant seasonal construction labor workers that remained in the US all year yet only worked a partial year. The survey was done in California. It was determined that the illegal partial year workers were earning the equivalent to $40K per year while the legal laborers who worked 12 months were only earning 32K per year.

Offline Misha

« Reply #580 on: August 15, 2012, 11:00:55 AM »

Fix Mexico?  That's a good one.   Very corrupt government in Mexico with little wealth distribution.  Those in power are not concerned with what trickles down.  Although the Mexican economy has improved, population growth among the poor is probably outstripping what trickles down.  The problem will become worse.  It is not just Mexico.

Population growth rates have fallen quite radically in Mexico, below replacement levels. The population growth is due now to the large number of young people who are in their childbearing years: http://www.economist.com/node/15959332

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #581 on: August 15, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »
Well, at least CNN debunked this stupid, dirty Obama campaign...O is still hoping the '08 gullibles remain gullible..

remiel-

Do you honestly believe the Mexican government will forego hundreds of million, if not billions, of dollars annually into Mexico and actually 'help' to stop illegal immigration to the US? That's just funny! Ever wonder 'why' there aren't border patrol FROM Mexico stopping coyotes and illegal migrants from crossing the border?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #582 on: August 17, 2012, 07:09:20 AM »

I avoid politics on this thread because it tends to make people mad. 

Politics makes me sick...that's for sure.
Politics is inherently evil.
They'll say anything ...do anything for that vote.

This thread should actually be moved [as it has nothing to do w/Russian politics or culture]  better yet...best close it altogether.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #583 on: August 17, 2012, 07:40:33 AM »
This thread is in "Cultural and political events" section, seems appropriate... been here for more than a year. Are you afraid of a discussion on a discussion forum? I think it has a lot to do with the RW because another 4 years of Obama and no RW will want to immigrate to the US!

Interesting new development! Obama campaign is now considering replacing Biden with Hilary Clinton. Smart move on their part IMO. Has any one seen the new movie about Obama: "2016"?
realrussianmatch.com

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #584 on: August 17, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
  Are you afraid of a discussion .. I think it has a lot to do with the RW because another 4 years of Obama and no RW will want to immigrate to the US!

Interesting new development! Obama campaign is now considering replacing Biden with Hilary Clinton. Smart move on their part IMO.

1) Another 4 years of Obama and I will wish to immigrate out of here.
2) Obama can replace Joe Biden with the Prince of Darkness...things will still get worse.
3) Sorry....I've always thought that P&C was meant for the FSU stuff...ie
Cultural and Political Events rss Recent events in Ukraine have captured the interest of the world. This section is available to discuss all such matters, especially as they bear on the women from the FSU.
4) My earlier assessment of politics remains.

The discussion meanders and recently migrated to and from  Mexico etc.

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Eduard

« Reply #585 on: August 17, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
This thread has been going for a while, so there seems to be an interest in it out there. If some one doesn't want to read it I don't believe any one is forcing them to read it. Locking it sounds like something a big Obama government would do.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline BC

« Reply #586 on: August 17, 2012, 12:18:26 PM »
1) Another 4 years of Obama and I will wish to immigrate out of here.

IIRC it's emigrate.

I can say with confidence that a Romney presidency would keep me away for the duration.. and maybe even drive my parents to relocate here which is also quite ok.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #587 on: August 17, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »
IIRC it's emigrate.

I can say with confidence that a Romney presidency would keep me away for the duration.. and maybe even drive my parents to relocate here which is also quite ok.
why do you feel this way, BC? Under almost 4 years of Obamanomics the economy haven't improved at all, 5 trillion in new debt was just a waste and didn't produce any positive effect. What is it abot Obama that so many find magical?
FYI: I was glad when Obama first got elected. I felt like America made a leap forward electing it's first black president and this would make for better race relations in te country. Boy, was I wrong! I think we should all watch the "2016" movie to better understand who we have in the White House.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #588 on: August 17, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »
This thread has been going for a while .. Locking it sounds like something a big Obama government would do.
Closing a thread usually occurs when after a while :deadhorse: happens.
I did not realize that you seem so attached to your own thread.
I re-read your last 4 or 5 posts and noted that they contributed nothing to it.
I have a right as a member here to read and post as I choose.

Offline Gator

« Reply #589 on: August 17, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »

Are your parents like the "neighbors" in this story.

Recently, while I was working on my lawn, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her. "What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a place to call home."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."  Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.   ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #590 on: August 17, 2012, 12:46:08 PM »

Population growth rates have fallen quite radically in Mexico, below replacement levels. The population growth is due now to the large number of young people who are in their childbearing years: http://www.economist.com/node/15959332

Thanks for the correction.  You can correct me, but I assume a large part of America's growth rate is accounted for by high birth rates among minorities.  That certainly is happening in Europe.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #591 on: August 17, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »
IIRC it's emigrate.

There is no such word as 'emigrate'.
But you may create it if you wish.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=emigrate.&go=Look+up

Also...is Italy  [your country?] really doing all that great?

Offline BC

« Reply #592 on: August 17, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »
But you may create it if you wish.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=emigrate.&go=Look+up

Also...is Italy  [your country?] really doing all that great?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emigrate

Doing just fine tfcrew... for the last 15 years.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #593 on: August 17, 2012, 02:31:07 PM »

Are your parents like the "neighbors" in this story.

Recently, while I was working on my lawn, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her. "What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a place to call home."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."  Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.   ;)
exactly!  :clapping:
realrussianmatch.com

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #594 on: August 17, 2012, 05:08:33 PM »
There's always some confusion on this and the opposite verb, it depends on speaker's/writer's viewpoint - when residency, work, etc. and not tourism is implied:

- Immigrate: refers to a foreign person coming to your country, hence the derived Immigrant.
- Emigrate: refers to a person of your country going abroad, hence  the derived Emigrant.

The verb 'to migrate' can be modified with either an IM (In, Into) or an E (Ex), to be specific about the origin of motion.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #595 on: August 17, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »

Doing just fine tfcrew... for the last 15 years.

Remembering news from last week...
Ten Italian cities at risk of bankruptcy, schools may not reopen  Italy's financial outlook darkened on Monday amid warnings that 10 cities are at risk of bankruptcy and schools may not be able to open in the autumn because of drastic spending cuts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9421599/Ten-Italian-cities-at-risk-of-bankruptcy-schools-may-not-reopen.html

US cities here are also declaring bankruptcy.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #596 on: August 17, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »
Italian cities at risk of bankruptcy, schools may not reopen
Another case of inaccurate/sensationalist reporting.

While a few cities, notably Palermo in Sicily, indeed face the risk of bankruptcy, the school problem has another possible cause: among many other money-saving measures, our current Government decided to reduce the excessive number of our provinces by instituting population and area limitations that would cut them down to about half, thereby hopefully redistributing their overblown staffs to other duties or promoting early retirements.

Needless to say, this measure is facing a very determined opposition, and may not come about eventually, anyway.

The appointment of teachers/principals and school budgets are a provincial/regional (not municipal) responsibility, hence the alarm raised by some about schools not reopening this autumn.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Gator

« Reply #597 on: August 17, 2012, 06:57:57 PM »
Italian economy is "doing just fine" if contraction (recession) is "fine."  And not bad compared to the P, G, and S in PIGS.   

From the Guardian 10 days ago http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/aug/07/eurozone-crisis-ecb-plan-italian-gdp#block-5020d9a5b57975a08080f1b7

Just in: Italian GDP shrank by 0.7% in the second quarter of 2012. That means its economy is now 2.5% smaller than a year ago.   

Nevertheless, the Europeans will eventually figure this out and right the ship.  Germany wants the PIGS to feel more pain before Europe prints more money.  The US is not far behind.  Even if Romney loses to Obama, the Republicans will gain control of both houses of Congress and start us on a path for a balanced budget in 20 years or so. 

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #598 on: August 17, 2012, 07:16:28 PM »
Oh those business bloggers...what do they know?
Greece still seeking €4bn of savings Over in Greece today, the country’s normally tight-lipped finance minister has been admitting that the “numbers don’t add up”, and civil servants could pay the price.

I guess I'm straight now on 'immigration'.
The paperwork stated that my [future] wife would not have or be on an 'immigration visa'. So she didn't actually emigrate?
 Someone emigrates to become an immigrant.
My German and Austrian ancestors were immigrants... but before that, they were emigrants? OK

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #599 on: August 17, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »
...My German and Austrian ancestors were immigrants... but before that, they were emigrants? OK

Yeah, and apparently, according to Obama, your Austrian ancestors spoke Austrian:P
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541426
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2163
Total: 2171

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM