It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1087369 times)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2775 on: March 07, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
Shadow:
It actually isn't that difficult to sift through most of the fluff, from either side. As Ronald Reagan said, "trust but verify." While there are few Russian sources which are independent these days, there are lots of foreign journalists inside Russia and most are trustworthy, some are not. The same can be said of Ukraine.

It would be foolish however to wring our hands and dismiss everything, just because some things are faulty. In fact, although I don't give either side a blind pass, on the whole the most disinformation comes from the larger neighbor.
As I have no insight in the total amount of information or disinformation I would not know who is giving more misinformation.
I do agree with you that any statement should always be verified, especially when it concerns a conflict as emotional as this one.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2776 on: March 07, 2015, 12:18:02 PM »
As I have no insight in the total amount of information or disinformation I would not know who is giving more misinformation.
I do agree with you that any statement should always be verified, especially when it concerns a conflict as emotional as this one.

Exactly, like the US was responsible for a coup d'etat.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Shadow

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2777 on: March 07, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »

Exactly, like the US was responsible for a coup d'etat.
Which one of them ?  8)

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2778 on: March 07, 2015, 01:31:39 PM »
Mendy, I did see another report at a different site that comment that the Russian customs had run out of the declaration forms because of so many leaving with cash. They were saying about the same thing. I won't discount this right now but if it proves to be untrue that'll be another site that I delete.
 I have little tolerance for propaganda from either side.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:33:26 PM by AkMike »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2779 on: March 07, 2015, 01:42:19 PM »
Russia is hinting at a new Cold War over SWIFT. So what’s SWIFT?

In the last few days, the Russians have been making bellicose threats about what might happen if they are excluded from SWIFT. On Friday, the CEO of Russia’s second largest bank said,

If there is no Swift, there is no banking . . . relationship, it means that the countries are on the verge of war, or they are definitely in a cold war. … The next day, the Russian and American ambassadors would have to leave the capitals.

On Tuesday, Russia’s prime minister, Dmitry Medvedev, expanded on this theme, saying

We’ll watch developments and if such decisions [to restrict access to SWIFT] are made, I want to note that our economic reaction and generally any other reaction will be without limits.

Senior government officials are very careful in their choice of language. When Medvedev says that (a) the reaction will not only be an economic one, and (b) that it will be “without limits” he is suggesting that Russia might treat any blocking of Russian banks’ access to SWIFT as justifying a very serious escalation on Russia’s part. To be clear — Russia would not engage in nuclear hostilities if it were frozen out of SWIFT. More likely, Medvedev is suggesting that Russia would move from its current stance of passive hostility to the West to a combination of specific retaliations (perhaps through manipulating gas supplies to Western Europe) with a far more active hostility of the kind that it displayed before the fall of the Berlin Wall.

For the rest of this interesting article click the link.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2015/01/28/russia-is-hinting-at-a-new-cold-war-over-swift-so-whats-swift/

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:44:57 PM by AkMike »

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2780 on: March 07, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »
No SWIFT means denying the theives a place to stash their loot.

Offline Shadow

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2781 on: March 08, 2015, 04:31:45 AM »
No SWIFT means denying the theives a place to stash their loot.
No SWIFT means no American company will get paid for their work in Russia.

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2782 on: March 08, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »
Interesting stuff from Jim Willie, about Russia/Ukraine/USA and many other matters:

UKRAINE WAR

The war following the coup d’etat in Kiev by the Fascists has been a dismal failure on its face. The entire capture of Kiev was led in clandestine manner by both Langley mercenaries and Soros mercenaries, aided in no small way by Masswipewad operatives from the Southeast corner of the Mediterranean. However, it has had many motives, listed as harangue or indictment, blessed by EU Commissioners. 1) Create a scorched earth buffer for massive criminal activity (drug trafficking, money laundering, white women trafficking, human organ trafficking, Nigerian cash fraud). Separately is the natural gas pilferage from siphoning. 2) Break any marriage between Europe and Russia. The Eurasian Trade Zone will happen, with or without a war in the decrepit nation. 3) Interrupt the Gazprom pipelines. The alternate route has already been done through Turkey. 4) Introduce Monsanto seeds for the grand European bread basket. The resistance to GMO foods is far more strident outside the industrial nations. 5) Raid Kiev gold. They bought at most a couple months time. 6) Pilfer IMF aid. No more IMF aid packages will be approved, especially since attached to war policy in unprecendented shameful manner. Surely more. The ultimate extreme outcome in backlash from the Ukraine War, which has been lost, is the eventual break-up of the European Union and the collapse of the common Euro currency region. It is coming like night follows day. The high pressure tactics used by the USGovt, combined with bribery and lush contracts, will be recognized and publicized, then used against the US. The belligerence displayed by the USGovt, including smashed truces in direct blatant manner, are being recognized. The United States will earn isolation as a rogue nation.

The result of the failed war will be an economic breakdown in Ukraine, shortage of almost everything including food (but not weapons or ammunition), hyper inflation on prices, plenty of cadavers for the underground human organ trafficking, culminating in a new equally bad regime laden with yet more corruption. The Hryvnia currency is imploding right now, a sign of the national failure. However, the bigger loss will be Europe’s major nations all turning their backs on the United States, the warmongering secretive bellicose player, the magnificent rogue nation on the block. Even the direct US-UK role with ISIS supervision is being unmasked. The US will suffer grotesque isolation, then quarantine, finally liquidation as it must manage in a world without friends or allies, unless one counts UK and Izzriel. The US will be down to the core axis of fascism for allies, which aint saying much.

RUSSIAN SANCTIONS

The Europeans are the unwilling partners in the sanctions. It is like the EU member nation leadership crew made the sanctions agreement call with the US master bellicosia, even while knowing full well they were to sit on spiked chairs, certain to be impailed. The immediate reaction was for the Kremlin to abandon the USDollar, then convert Petro-Dollars into Rubles and Gold bullion. The propaganda was laughable (although swallowed almost whole), that the Kremlin was selling gold to buffet their Ruble, draining their reserves. The truth is more like dumping the USTreasury Bonds to fortify the Ruble, while converting Oil sales proceeds into more Gold reserves. The other major effect was to encourage far more teamwork between Moscow and Beijing, a marriage of trade and finance whose nuptials are written on newly fashioned capitalist scrolls. Only the truly stupid in the US morass call Russia and China communist, when the US has turned vibrant rabid fascist.

The rapid development on non-USD platforms is both impressive and profound, many linking Beijing to Moscow. The backfire of the Russian food ban on EU farm products will eventually bankrupt numerous large agricultural businesses in Southern Europe. Red ink flows as fast as unsold farm output rots. Resentment of leaders for following the unelected EU Commissars has grown loud and shrill. Expect China to buy up the struggling farm businesses, then to divert one third of the farm output to China, amidst hue and cry. Pitchforks might be soon seen at government office steps. Already the French have dumped livestock manure on Paris official office steps. Russia has forged new deals with South American food suppliers. China is enjoying the lower oil price, not being a producer. Watch even the large US energy firms sidestep the sanctions eventually, or simply trample the sanctions in bold steps.

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/03.15/wound.html

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2783 on: March 08, 2015, 09:44:28 AM »
Interesting stuff from Jim Willie, about Russia/Ukraine/USA and many other matters:

UKRAINE WAR

The war following the coup d’etat in Kiev by the Fascists blah blah blah...

More mumbo jumbo reading material for those stupid putin supporters to masturbate over.  :puke:

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2784 on: March 08, 2015, 10:01:21 AM »
He is right Nat.  None of that is true.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2785 on: March 08, 2015, 10:29:47 AM »
More mumbo jumbo reading material for those stupid putin supporters to masturbate over.  :puke:

I thought you were in Ukraine.....and now masturbation is on your mind? 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2786 on: March 08, 2015, 10:47:28 AM »
There you go again trying to think...   :rolleyes:

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2787 on: March 08, 2015, 10:56:47 AM »
Which one of them ?  8)

Take your pick.  :thumbsup:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2788 on: March 08, 2015, 11:32:45 AM »
Natural:
The war following the coup d’etat in Kiev by the Fascists has been a dismal failure on its face.

Dear Lord, there is a wealth of both arrogance and ignorance in that one sentence.

Fact: Yanukovich was VOTED out in a Parliament that consisted of a MAJORITY of his own Party of Regions.

As to Fascists: the so-called extreme nationalists have not done well in any election since the change of government. So much for a "fascist" coup.

Speaking of a coup d'etat:

- there was a coup in Ukraine, but it wasn't in Kyiv.

- there was an overnight regime change by armed force, but it was Crimea, no in Kyiv.

- there was a coup in which an elected government was taken over by force and replaced overnight, led by a self-appointed new Prime Minsiter (a Russian citizen, not Ukrainian) who then gathered old ministers back in, under armed "little green men" just long enough to vote themselves out, and his new group in. Where? Crimea.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:34:47 AM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline The Natural

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2789 on: March 08, 2015, 12:08:23 PM »

- there was a coup in which an elected government was taken over by force and replaced overnight, led by a self-appointed new Prime Minsiter (a Russian citizen, not Ukrainian) who then gathered old ministers back in, under armed "little green men" just long enough to vote themselves out, and his new group in. Where? Crimea.

I don't expect People like you to agree, I know how you feel and you get to present Your opinions here in abundance. But save for a few of us here, an outsider might conclude from all the posts on RWD, that Russia really is the aggressor, Putin is to blame for just about everything bad in the world, etc.

About Crimea; it was an emergency. Russia had to take quick action to both save the marine base and the ethnic Russians there from the terrorist, lest they face the same fate as those in Odessa. A great majority voted yes to belong to Russia, like it had before it was given to Ukraine (without a referendum, right?). It was the plan of the Empire of Chaos to take over the naval base. It failed. The rest will fail too. And at the end the US dollar will fail. As you may know I have Family in Crimea. They are happy to be safe from the tragedy happening in Ukraine.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2790 on: March 08, 2015, 12:17:56 PM »
As you may know I have Family in Crimea. They are happy to be safe from the tragedy happening in Ukraine.

Don't you love to watch the video's of them fighting over food such as bananas in the stores..

Yeah life in Krym is a bowl of cherries..  :rolleyes:

Offline calmissile

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2791 on: March 08, 2015, 01:56:55 PM »
I don't expect People like you to agree, I know how you feel and you get to present Your opinions here in abundance. But save for a few of us here, an outsider might conclude from all the posts on RWD, that Russia really is the aggressor, Putin is to blame for just about everything bad in the world, etc.

About Crimea; it was an emergency. Russia had to take quick action to both save the marine base and the ethnic Russians there from the terrorist, lest they face the same fate as those in Odessa. A great majority voted yes to belong to Russia, like it had before it was given to Ukraine (without a referendum, right?). It was the plan of the Empire of Chaos to take over the naval base. It failed. The rest will fail too. And at the end the US dollar will fail. As you may know I have Family in Crimea. They are happy to be safe from the tragedy happening in Ukraine.

Are there other Norwegians on the forum with different opinions about the Russian/Ukraine war?

BTW, get your kids vaccinated.  Most of the rest of the world don't agree with your conspiracy theories.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:58:48 PM by AnonMod »
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2792 on: March 08, 2015, 01:57:47 PM »
Are there other Norwegians on the forum with different opinions about the Russian/Ukraine war?

BTW, get your kids vaccinated.  Most of the rest of the world don't agree with your conspiracy theories.

Have you been able to speak full sentences with your wife yet?  You know, stuff like, "this is a dog". 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:59:26 PM by AnonMod »

Offline The Natural

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2793 on: March 08, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »

Words of wisdom from an elderly, haha. Readers note the immature personal attacks, bringing up unrelated matters and most of all, not a Word on-topic.

But not to worry, I know that most Americans refuse to let themselves stoop this low.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:59:59 PM by AnonMod »

Offline calmissile

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2794 on: March 08, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »

Have you been able to speak full sentences with your wife yet?  You know, stuff like, "this is a dog". 

As a matter of fact, yes we speak mostly in English now, and our daughter even more so.  Nothing desperate about it.  Find the right woman, and a little effort on her part with ESL classes and presto, the problem is solved.  We never had to depend on translators to communicate except for things that were complicated or technical.  She had English in her undergraduate studies at the University so it wasn't starting from scratch.  Plus her mother, brother, and son speaks English, so after we met, they tutored her as well.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:00:15 PM by AnonMod »
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2795 on: March 08, 2015, 05:42:05 PM »
...an outsider might conclude from all the posts on RWD, that Russia really is the aggressor,

It is.  It wasn't the USA that invaded Crimea.

Putin is to blame for just about everything bad in the world, etc.

Nobody has ever said that - we all know that Kim Jong-Un is responsible for some of it.  :devil:

About Crimea; it was an emergency. Russia had to take quick action to both save the marine base and the ethnic Russians there from the terrorist, lest they face the same fate as those in Odessa.

What on earth have you been smoking?  Ukraine had recently extended the lease on the naval base for an extra 25 years (to 2042), so why would it need saving?  As for Odessa - get your facts straight.  Nothing terrible happened in Odessa until AFTER the invasion of Crimea.  In any case, ethnic Russians were never in danger.

A great majority voted yes to belong to Russia, like it had before it was given to Ukraine (without a referendum, right?).

You seem to conveniently forget that a large part of western Russia was originally part of the Kievan Rus, ruled from what is now Ukraine.  Russia, as a country, is centuries younger than Ukraine.  Added to which, how can anyone consider valid a referendum where the status quo is not an option, and where voter turnout numbers were falsified on such a grand scale that even the official poll counts took them off their website when they realised that the true numbers weren't going to give the result that they wanted had been ordered to provide?  Not forgetting, of course, that the numbers finally released showed that the voter turnout in certain areas obviously included all babes in arms, domestic pets and passing dolphins.

It was the plan of the Empire of Chaos to take over the naval base. It failed. The rest will fail too. And at the end the US dollar will fail.

"Empire of Chaos?"  Really?  Who writes your script?  If you think the US dollar will fail, what currency will replace it?  Obviously not the Norwegian Krone, which you've dismissed in an earlier post, and certainly not the Rouble - the Yuan, perhaps?

As you may know I have Family in Crimea. They are happy to be safe from the tragedy happening in Ukraine.

Yes, we know.  I'm glad they're safe - even though Kerch is still part of Ukraine, despite what ONE country believes.  I just wish that applied to the families and friends of ALL posters on this forum.

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2796 on: March 08, 2015, 05:55:15 PM »
Natural:
Dear Lord, there is a wealth of both arrogance and ignorance in that one sentence.

Fact: Yanukovich was VOTED out in a Parliament that consisted of a MAJORITY of his own Party of Regions.

As to Fascists: the so-called extreme nationalists have not done well in any election since the change of government. So much for a "fascist" coup.

Speaking of a coup d'etat:

- there was a coup in Ukraine, but it wasn't in Kyiv.

- there was an overnight regime change by armed force, but it was Crimea, no in Kyiv.

But, dear lord, what do you expect from someone who refuses to vaccinate his children because a pharma conspiracy?

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2797 on: March 08, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »

"Empire of Chaos?"  Really?  Who writes your script?  If you think the US dollar will fail, what currency will replace it?  Obviously not the Norwegian Krone, which you've dismissed in an earlier post, and certainly not the Rouble - the Yuan, perhaps?

I guess The Natural is hoarding gold. 

If the apocalypse comes and makes his gold the only currency, I hope he has it secured at home and not in brokerage accounts because paper receipts will have little meaning in such a case.   If so, I hope he has a well fortified home, several weapons to defend his stash, plus long sightlines for firing.  Frankly I cannot imagine such a situation ever happening.  If so, canned food and medicine would be more valuable than gold. 

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2798 on: March 08, 2015, 07:13:49 PM »
I have been away for a few days.   I do not see any discussion about Russia's plans to cut all government salaries by 10%  and reduce total number of government employees. 

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2799 on: March 08, 2015, 07:38:50 PM »
  Watch even the large US energy firms sidestep the sanctions eventually, or simply trample the sanctions in bold steps.

Well some say that large companies own the US.  I'm curious what energy firm the author is referring to in particular with this statement.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541480
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3235
Most Online Ever: 12701