It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1087405 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3725 on: November 09, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »

Russia faces ban from athletics for widespread doping offences

GENEVA  |  By Brian Homewood

Russia could be banned from international athletics, including the 2016 Olympic Games, after an anti-doping commission report on Monday alleged widespread corruption and collusion that added up to a state-sponsored drugs culture in a sporting superpower.

The commission, set up by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), found a "deeply rooted culture of cheating" in Russian athletics, which it said Russian state security services colluded with, and also identified what it called systemic failures in the global governing body, the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).

Read more at Reutershttp://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/09/us-athletics-corruption-idUSKCN0SY1NG20151109#cAgGXMSd0fFx8PPr.99

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3726 on: November 09, 2015, 03:22:47 PM »
Funny that they would find this in athletics.  It permeates the entire governmental structure of Russia.  Would that we could exclude Russia for all banking and political interaction until they cleaned up their act.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3727 on: November 09, 2015, 04:38:18 PM »
The commission, set up by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), found a "deeply rooted culture of cheating" in Russian athletics, which it said Russian state security services colluded with, and also identified what it called systemic failures in the global governing body, the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).

I have posted here several times that Russians are the scum of the earth.

It permeates every phase of their life and culture.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3728 on: November 09, 2015, 04:48:20 PM »
I disagree with your assertion, ML.  Plus, I think the culture now is Soviet.  Not Russian.  Or Ukrainian.  If you know any Russian emigres who retained their culture, or Ukrainians who left before the Bolsheviks absorbed them, you would notice the difference.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3729 on: November 09, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »
I disagree with your assertion, ML.  Plus, I think the culture now is Soviet.  Not Russian.  Or Ukrainian.  If you know any Russian emigres who retained their culture, or Ukrainians who left before the Bolsheviks absorbed them, you would notice the difference.

Perhaps you are right.

But for now, I will continue to vent against Russians until they do the right thing regarding Ukraine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3730 on: November 09, 2015, 05:28:54 PM »
Perhaps you are right.

But for now, I will continue to vent against Russians until they do the right thing regarding Ukraine.

+1  :clapping:

I think it's the herd instinct, apart they don't get so belligerent and can be sociable.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3731 on: November 11, 2015, 01:21:24 AM »
Gazprom complains that Ukraine buys four times less of Russian gas

Alexei Miller, the head of the Russian company Gazprom, told about a four times less volume of purchases of Russian gas by Ukraine, than usually. He explained it by the budget deficit of Ukrainian Naftogaz, reports Joinfo.ua citing Russian media.

“Thus, at present pre-paid volume of gas, even at such a low level of selection, it will be sufficient only for four days,” – said Miller.

According to the head of the Russian gas monopoly, Ukraine simultaneously reduced gas purchases from European suppliers. Today Kyiv gets 10 million cubic meters of gas per day from Russia.

http://joinfo.com/business/1010995_gazprom-complains-that-ukraine-buys-four-times-less-of-russian-gas.html

Offline Nightwish

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3732 on: November 11, 2015, 01:50:36 PM »
I read your posts to my FSUM.  His response was "Don't put noodles on my ears.  This is for foreign consumption.  These are countries where no one cares if you beat your wife, where the idea of being a man is to reek of tobacco and alcohol.  This is all for the consumption of foreigners.  No one there thinks like this.  It is mostly women telling foreign men what the women think men want to hear."

I'm sorry but.....................

Asking a FSUM this is like asking a fish if the water is wet..
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3733 on: November 11, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »
I disagree.  My better half doesn't drink.  He doesn't smoke.  He is a vegetarian.  He was hunted in the USSR, as a member of the wrong class.  He was denied higher education on the basis that "his kind" should not be allowed to mingle with the working class.  He had extreme difficulty finding a job in a country in which unemployment, theoretically, did not exist.

He is the antithesis of a homo Sovieticus, and his/her like minded descendants.  Plus, he is an exceptionally observent person.  He had to be, to stay alive and out of jail. 

He just spent most of the summer in Ukraine and Russia, so his observations are relatively fresh.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Nightwish

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3734 on: November 11, 2015, 02:17:02 PM »
I disagree.  My better half doesn't drink.  He doesn't smoke.  He is a vegetarian.  He was hunted in the USSR, as a member of the wrong class.  He was denied higher education on the basis that "his kind" should not be allowed to mingle with the working class.  He had extreme difficulty finding a job in a country in which unemployment, theoretically, did not exist.

He is the antithesis of a homo Sovieticus, and his/her like minded descendants.  Plus, he is an exceptionally observent person.  He had to be, to stay alive and out of jail. 

He just spent most of the summer in Ukraine and Russia, so his observations are relatively fresh.

and? He is still an FSUM right?

Sometimes discussing something with you reminds me of the popular saying: "can't see the forest for all the trees"

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3735 on: November 11, 2015, 02:23:05 PM »
and? He is still an FSUM right?

And as such, he is telling you that what you are being told is (and I quote) "Cr@p they tell foreigners, for foreign consumption."

Offline Nightwish

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3736 on: November 11, 2015, 02:28:39 PM »
 :wallbash:

Do this  :cluebat: a few times and maybe the dime will fall down even for you..

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3737 on: November 11, 2015, 02:34:33 PM »
If you don't like the answer, because it does not conform to your own preconceived ideas, move on.  I understood what you posted.  I merely pointed out it does not conform to reality.

The attitude toward women in the Slavic republics of the FSU is very different from what it is in the West.  Yes, men are more macho.  But, if you are running into women who tell you that you have to be "the MAN", run away.  In the long term,  you won't be happy.

Offline Nightwish

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3738 on: November 11, 2015, 02:47:07 PM »
If you don't like the answer, because it does not conform to your own preconceived ideas, move on.  I understood what you posted.  I merely pointed out it does not conform to reality.

The attitude toward women in the Slavic republics of the FSU is very different from what it is in the West.  Yes, men are more macho.  But, if you are running into women who tell you that you have to be "the MAN", run away.  In the long term,  you won't be happy.

Sweet holy mother of.....

It had NOTHING to do with being macho, it was much more about the chivalry, being the "white knight", being attentive and a man.

and you need to hit some more, the dime is still stuck somewhere......

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3739 on: November 11, 2015, 03:04:38 PM »
And my point was, that idea, told to you by a RW, and swallowed by you in its entirety, is "a fairy tale for foreigners".

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3740 on: November 11, 2015, 03:15:52 PM »
No FSUW ever told me Fairy Tales.

But one did sing such to me.
Didn't understand a word, of course, but I liked it.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3741 on: November 11, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »
Surely with 200M people in the FSU, there is room for more than 1 anecdote, told by 1 person?  Are all FSU people so similar, that 1 anecdote can cover the truth of a situation, 100% of the time?
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3742 on: November 11, 2015, 05:14:01 PM »
It is about general societal attitudes. 

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3743 on: November 12, 2015, 09:56:59 AM »
ehhh No!

She told me this in these word, and I quoted them since I thought they pointed out the state of mind/expectations in a very good way, but I have heard this several times from multiple sources, and not only from people from/within FSU.

The point is that you believe them all.

A similar thing told to foreigners is families' pasts.  Most lie about that - not in their occupations, but in who they were.

Offline Nightwish

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3744 on: November 12, 2015, 01:35:15 PM »

The point is that you believe them all.

A similar thing told to foreigners is families' pasts.  Most lie about that - not in their occupations, but in who they were.

:cluebat:

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3745 on: November 12, 2015, 05:10:04 PM »
Thanks for your scintillating riposte.

Is this an example of you being "the man"?

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3746 on: November 12, 2015, 10:29:46 PM »
I think Muzh is among the small  number of men on this forum who actually likes and respects women. 

Because a large number of men on this forum are not gay.....   

Seriously, this sounds like the voice of a testosteronephobe.   Most men here are married or in a continuing relationship with FSUW, who in general are not pushovers and would not tolerate such behavior. 

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3747 on: November 12, 2015, 10:53:39 PM »
Gay men, in my experience, have far more respect for women than most of the posters here.

Many of the FSUW who have appeared here over the years have PM"d me, expressing the same sentiments I have posted.  Do you really want me to name names?  how would that be productive?

The balance of your post is a logical fallacy.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3748 on: November 12, 2015, 11:19:18 PM »
Gay men, in my experience, have far more respect for women than most of the posters here.

No, they are just better at hiding it... look at the ridiculous clothes they design, then have the gall to call "fashionable"!  They are misogynists of a magnitude far beyond what I could ever conjure out of myself ...
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #3749 on: November 12, 2015, 11:32:21 PM »
The clothing they design is generally designed for what they find attractive - the figures of adolescent boys.  Most of it is really a concept, not intended to be worn by the average woman.  The fact that women, and, oddly, straight men, accept these notions of beauty if another matter.

No, I have generally found gay men to be great friends.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541483
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3235
Most Online Ever: 12701